Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 4:00 PM

Default horrible business practice *venting*

Okay here is my story...

On 11/23/2012 (black friday), I was one of the first customers that day @ the San Bernardino location. I already knew what I wanted, so after being called up I told the employee exactly what I wanted in their ad that came out that day. Did the paper work besides the DRO since it wasnt it stock... Was told by the employee that my weapon will come in about a week and then I can start the DRO process. Was a bit upset, but didnt mind 1 week of order.

On 12/5/2012 I decided to call them since I havnt heard from them. The employee on the phone kindly told me its still not at the warehouse.

On 12/13/2012 I decided to call them again and was put on hold right away for quite some time, but once I finally got a hold of someone to ask about my firearm, I was quickly it wasnt in without the employee having to look at my paperwork.

On 12/19/2012 The first called I made, a female employee picked up and told me they just received a shipment and didnt know for sure and that I should call back in about 2 hours.
Finally gave them a called back and a different employee brought out my paper work and told me it in the warehouse and I can start DRO

On 12/20/2012 Waited about 30 mins before being called up. Completed DRO in about 15 mins

On 12/30/2012 (today) As I was waiting, there was an older couple being help by an employee looking to buy a self defense revolver. After a while of trying to decide, the employee brought a revolver from the back to show the couple. The couple finally decides what they wanted and it was the revolver that the employee got from the back. Something along the line of "sorry this one is already sold and we dont have any more in stock". The same employee disappeared for a lil while but another employee took over. He was super pushy with couple and basically told them that they only had 1 revolver that met their criteria and that was it. Of course the couple left.
Back to the story. Waited about 1.5 hours (only 10 people ahead of me) before getting called up. Told him I was picking up. The guy went to the back room for about 15 mins and I could see him struggling to find my weapon. He finally comes back to tell me that my weapon has been sent to a different store... Told me I could get their display model which was told that it came on wednesday. At this point i'm pissed as I inspect the weapon. I'd decided I'll get it since i rather not go through an ordeal like this again.
Since I needed a serial# transfer I was sent to the cashier for an approval stamp, which had a huge line since the cashier went missing for about 5-10 mins.
Now that I was finally able to get back to the counter to pick up my weapon, the employee decides to throw in a box of cheap 38 special ammo (non reloadable).

I've heard of stories like this but I guess I thought it could never happen to me.
Old 12-30-2012, 5:13 PM

We go to Turners for PRICES... NOT customer service!!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 9:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssDee View Post
too funny. i guess you can train your customer to accept bad service if you give them enough of it. hahahahhahaaaaa
Old 12-30-2012, 9:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatzmaru View Post
too funny. i guess you can train your customer to accept bad service if you give them enough of it. hahahahhahaaaaa
Funny thing is.... At the Kearney Mesa location, they're all actually pretty good with the Customer Service part....

The BS usually comes from customers....either making all kinds of small talk before or after their transaction (with the employee not cutting them off) and it just makes it take WAY longer!
That and because its usually packed the wait is long, you get the Aholes who start talking sh1t about "they're taking forever" etc.....
If you don't like it just leave.....
Or people who KNOW guns, "just looking"....taking up valuable time for the rest of us who are there actually BUYING!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2012, 5:37 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Funny thing is.... At the Kearney Mesa location, they're all actually pretty good with the Customer Service part....

The BS usually comes from customers....either making all kinds of small talk before or after their transaction (with the employee not cutting them off) and it just makes it take WAY longer!
That and because its usually packed the wait is long, you get the Aholes who start talking sh1t about "they're taking forever" etc.....
If you don't like it just leave.....
Or people who KNOW guns, "just looking"....taking up valuable time for the rest of us who are there actually BUYING!!!!!!!
I would say that the great customer service at Kearny Mesa is their greatest strength as well as their weakness. I'll be the first to admit that I chat the ear off of just about everyone I can get a hold of, just because I'm a noob and I have an endless supply of questions, but just about everyone there seems really eager to talk things up, so I can't help myself! I do feel bad about the people that are waiting behind me, but hey...As far as I'm concerned the waiting is all part of the buying experience...

I don't always save the world, but when I do, it's in 24 hours or less...
Old 12-31-2012, 7:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatzmaru View Post
Too funny.
iF it'S nOt an aCt of goD, iT's a ConSpirAcy. If it can be measured, it can be optimized.
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." Chris Hitchens
Old 12-30-2012, 6:21 PM

Get this one! I ordered on Black Friday Del Ton Echo 316 MOE put depo on it and still haven't got a call to dros my rifle I'm so frustrated.
Old 12-30-2012, 7:47 PM

Quote:
Thats for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by islabaseball View Post
Get this one! I ordered on Black Friday Del Ton Echo 316 MOE put depo on it and still haven't got a call to dros my rifle I'm so frustrated.
I know the feeling. At the 3rd week I almost went in to get my refund.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:05 PM
Calguns Addict

Had the same thing happen to me. I had to call them multiple times and finally said they got it in a couple days ago but didn't call me. I wasn't very happy.
Than Oversexed & Underlaid...
Old 12-30-2012, 10:58 PM

It's hard when they are understaffed. Turners is a place for first time buyers so they have a lot of questions and it will take a long time. I don't mind the wait but maybe it is because I expect it. The West Covina location provides good service but I have heard them tell people FUD, however, the FUD they tell the new buyers is more on the safe side of things and I am ok with that since 1: it would take a lot longer to explain everything and 2: It usually prevents people from doing stupid things. For example, one guy was telling a customer that they cannot use magazines over 10 rounds in California at all. While, technically not true, it is much faster than explaining featureless vs featured rifles especially when there is a huge line.
Old 12-31-2012, 7:04 AM
In Memoriam

Sounds fustrating...I would have not settled for the display model and demanded to speak to the manager directly.
Old 12-31-2012, 1:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon04GT View Post
Sounds fustrating...I would have not settled for the display model and demanded to speak to the manager directly.
It was very fustrating! I almost demanded my money back right there instead of taking the display model, but i've been buying ammo, reloading supplies, and accessories for it this past month.
Than again i'm just a another buyer to them, rather then a customer they would want to keep...
Old 12-31-2012, 11:38 AM

at least you got a box of ammo out of the deal. my options were "take the store model (scratched), or get a refund, doesn't matter to us."
Old 01-01-2013, 9:17 AM
CGN Contributor

Ordered a pistol through turners and after months happen to check in and it had arrived 2 days prior. No call and the rep claimed I had cancelled the order when I hadn't. I don't shop there anymore.
Old 01-01-2013, 1:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignatius F. View Post
Ordered a pistol through turners and after months happen to check in and it had arrived 2 days prior. No call and the rep claimed I had cancelled the order when I hadn't. I don't shop there anymore.
Amazing how we keep hearing the same issues and turners seems to ignore it....
Old 01-02-2013, 8:21 AM

I have had nothing but great service at Covina Turners. I suppose with all the panic buying going on now service may be taking a beating.
Old 01-02-2013, 8:40 AM

The Turners in Orange is not bad! I always go Mon-Friday when Fred is working very tall older gentleman. He is the best takes his time with you open to all your questions. I bought my first gun from Fred and made the experience so personal that I have gone back and bought additional handguns and rifles and stripped lowers.