Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms > Rimfire Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Gallery Post pictures of your rimfire rifles and handguns here!

Old 01-26-2011, 7:50 PM
I need a LIFE!!

very nice!
Old 02-26-2011, 2:54 PM

Do they hold up well in actual shooting? Im assuming you used those cheap springer abs (whatever that means) plastic springers. would hate to have to sacrifice a nice AEG.

ATI/Promag's kit ought to be mil spec material furniture and maybe even have the G-36 optics, otherwise may as well go with a licensed high quality airsoft kit for less.

Airsoft stuff is getting very impressive on the furniture portions. They dont have to deal with explosive pressures so internally they aren't much, but people do play hard, giving them a pummeling close to issued firearms. Outer shells are often machined billet aluminum, heavy guage stamped steel, quality glass-nylon composites. Metallurgy for everything but firearms grade steel internal parts is really booming in Taiwan, where most of the really good airsoft stuff comes from.
Old 02-27-2011, 6:22 PM

It's pretty solid, I used a classic army body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackandblood View Post
Do they hold up well in actual shooting? Im assuming you used those cheap springer abs (whatever that means) plastic springers. would hate to have to sacrifice a nice AEG.

ATI/Promag's kit ought to be mil spec material furniture and maybe even have the G-36 optics, otherwise may as well go with a licensed high quality airsoft kit for less.

Airsoft stuff is getting very impressive on the furniture portions. They dont have to deal with explosive pressures so internally they aren't much, but people do play hard, giving them a pummeling close to issued firearms. Outer shells are often machined billet aluminum, heavy guage stamped steel, quality glass-nylon composites. Metallurgy for everything but firearms grade steel internal parts is really booming in Taiwan, where most of the really good airsoft stuff comes from.
Old 03-08-2011, 2:28 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackandblood View Post

Here here..
ati promag and milspec dont belong in the same sentence. Rather, lets cut the milspec hype, and replace that with QUALITY

Crap company that typically makes crap products out of crap material.
Only arguable advantage I can see with ATI's g36 rebody is that it should be a drop in VS airsoft custom fab job.

disclaimer:
everything I post is for arguendo and entertainment purposes only, and should not be construed to be legal advice
Old 10-25-2011, 8:10 AM
Vendor/Retailer

now that this thread is 231 days old, i would like to know if any line officers at the range or LEO's had any issues with this.

i have a M249 SAW, UMP and a M14 EBR airsoft shell that im ready to gut. so how are these legal by just stuffing .22's in them.

im aware of the 16" barrel length, 26" overall length, 10 mag capacity, and serial numbers to be readily available or visible.

my concern is that even though these are internally rimfire rifles, externally the look like an assault weapon especially the M249.

i even have the G36 marauder shell for the 10/22

Last edited by defcon; 10-25-2011 at 8:20 AM..
Old 10-25-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcon View Post
now that this thread is 231 days old, i would like to know if any line officers at the range or LEO's had any issues with this.

i have a M249 SAW, UMP and a M14 EBR airsoft shell that im ready to gut. so how are these legal by just stuffing .22's in them.

im aware of the 16" barrel length, 26" overall length, 10 mag capacity, and serial numbers to be readily available or visible.

my concern is that even though these are internally rimfire rifles, externally the look like an assault weapon especially the M249.

i even have the G36 marauder shell for the 10/22
"Looks like" doesn't mean "It is"
As long as you follow this CALGUNS Chart
you'll be good to go, Since Rimfire "RIFLES" does not fall under the AW laws.

Have fun modding and be safe.