Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2012, 9:53 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Default Calguns Member's Only Special- 06-01-2012

Something a little different this week-

Calgun's members save another $20 off the lowest "show special" price at the Big Turner's tent located at the Shooting Sports Fair at Raahauge's.

Coupon is good June 1st, 2nd and 3rd, at the Turner's Store at the Shooting Sports Fair, only.

Calguns.net members only; coupon must be presented at time of sale.
Click on the link for the coupon.

Calguns.net Member's Only Special 06-01-2012

22 Stores Located throughout California-

Chino Hills | Corona | El Cajon | Fountain Valley
Kearny Mesa | Lake Forest | Norwalk | Orange
Oxnard | Pasadena | Rancho Cucamonga | Reseda
San Bernardino | San Marcos | Signal Hill
Temecula | Torrance | Victorville | West Covina

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Old 05-31-2012, 12:32 PM

Right on!
Old 05-31-2012, 2:28 PM

This might have been cool if the cost to get in $12 and parking $5 didn't basically make this a wash. Looks like I'll be waiting for another deal in a few weeks.
Old 05-31-2012, 2:32 PM

oh yeah , I will be using these tomorrow ....
Old 05-31-2012, 8:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indobos72 View Post
This might have been cool if the cost to get in $12 and parking $5 didn't basically make this a wash. Looks like I'll be waiting for another deal in a few weeks.
If you want to offset the expense by saving some money elsewhere I know of a high school cafeteria that has free gum if you bring a putty knife.
Old 05-31-2012, 8:38 PM

Quote:
Go be a douche elsewhere. Turners could have chosen not to offer $20 off the lowest/sales prices inside the show and you still would have been out the $10 entry (with other coupon) and $5 parking. Do us all a favor and don't show up at all.
Old 05-31-2012, 9:12 PM

Unhappy Really?

Quote:
Not to keep throwing salt on a wound here, but perhaps the complaint of admission fees, and parking fees should be taken up with the owner in which the Shooting Sports Fair is taking place. Turners has offered a $2 off admission coupon, and gone even further by offering CalGuns members an additional discount. Turners is only a vendor here...they cannot control the fees set-fourth by the land owner/host of the event (Mike Raahauge's Shooting Enterprises). Besides, your location says you are in Corona...the event is in Corona; think of the gas money and time you are saving from having a short commute. I'm coming from south OC, and I have some friends coming from San Diego county.

This event is better than a crowed gun show where you will pay for parking, pay for admission, commute, have lines that are stupid long, find that everything is either sold out or overpriced, and get the awesome experience of walking down crowed isles that smell of body order and fart.

I think once you show up and try out some stuff, you'll have a lot of fun! Besides, you get to shoot stuff, and interact with firearm representatives!

Respectfully,

Slugo
Old 05-31-2012, 9:42 PM

Cool!
Old 06-01-2012, 2:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
If you want to offset the expense by saving some money elsewhere I know of a high school cafeteria that has free gum if you bring a putty knife.
Boris, Is that from experience? No thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Gunner View Post
Go be a douche elsewhere. Turners could have chosen not to offer $20 off the lowest/sales prices inside the show and you still would have been out the $10 entry (with other coupon) and $5 parking. Do us all a favor and don't show up at all.
SoCal Gunner, Not being a douche but the comment by Slugo was right on. The costs of going to a venue like this when you want to take the family washes out the deal. I think I have spent my fair amount with Turners and will continue to do so. I think it improves our chances of helping our 2A rights to offer free admission to things like this. Many non 2A people wouldn't pay for something like this. So yes, my displeasure was more of a comment towards the cost of the venue. Sorry didn't realize I can't express displeasure on a free forum and express my freedom of speech. But your so awesome for popping off and name calling. I hope you felt a sense of accomplishment when you hit the enter key and felt you did the Calguns community a service.

FYI: I think you find that I have posted many positive comments about Turners as they are one of my go to stores.
Old 06-01-2012, 5:56 PM

Quote:
Boris, Is that from experience? No thanks.

SoCal Gunner, Not being a douche but the comment by Slugo was right on. The costs of going to a venue like this when you want to take the family washes out the deal. I think I have spent my fair amount with Turners and will continue to do so. I think it improves our chances of helping our 2A rights to offer free admission to things like this. Many non 2A people wouldn't pay for something like this. So yes, my displeasure was more of a comment towards the cost of the venue. Sorry didn't realize I can't express displeasure on a free forum and express my freedom of speech. But your so awesome for popping off and name calling. I hope you felt a sense of accomplishment when you hit the enter key and felt you did the Calguns community a service.

FYI: I think you find that I have posted many positive comments about Turners as they are one of my go to stores.
I don't know what would deter you from bringing the family - Kids 14 and under are FREE - Read the flyer.

Do you have ANY idea what it costs to host an event like this? Right off the top, Raahauge's has to be closed for their regular business. I can't even imagine what the insurance is, plus what it costs to operate and maintain that entire facility. Anyway, where else can you go shoot 100's of different firearms, watch the demonstrations, and talk to factory reps for FREE? I'd say a $25 for a family of 5 (brings it down to $5/person) is a GREAT deal!

Thanks for pointing out I'm Awesome, and yes, posting that did make me feel good. I hate cry babies that want everything for free.
Old 06-01-2012, 6:54 PM

Had a great time today and I used my coupon on a RIA 1911
Old 06-02-2012, 11:28 AM

Had a great time , and so did my wife .... know she wants a shotgun ....
Old 06-02-2012, 6:57 PM

Shooting Fair was awesome!! Used my 20 bucks off towards a Mossberg 500 20ga for the wife, out the door was 320ish. Thanks Turners, great experience and great customer service at the fair and Lee at the Signal Hill Store was awesome as well.
Old 06-03-2012, 9:55 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Dang it! Just saw this now, would have loved to picked up the bleeding zombie target that was on sale.
Old 06-04-2012, 7:52 PM

Used the coupon for a Ruger 10/22 Take Down... -Steve
Old 06-04-2012, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidR310 View Post
Dang it! Just saw this now, would have loved to picked up the bleeding zombie target that was on sale.
you didn't miss it. the coupon was for firearms only...

"I want the truth! - You can't handle the truth!" -A Few Good Men (1992)
Old 06-04-2012, 9:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Gunner View Post
I don't know what would deter you from bringing the family - Kids 14 and under are FREE - Read the flyer.

Do you have ANY idea what it costs to host an event like this? Right off the top, Raahauge's has to be closed for their regular business. I can't even imagine what the insurance is, plus what it costs to operate and maintain that entire facility. Anyway, where else can you go shoot 100's of different firearms, watch the demonstrations, and talk to factory reps for FREE? I'd say a $25 for a family of 5 (brings it down to $5/person) is a GREAT deal!

Thanks for pointing out I'm Awesome, and yes, posting that did make me feel good. I hate cry babies that want everything for free.
wow, so much drama and names calling over nothing...

it reminded me of the place where every other word started with a d, f or s..

i've been to raahauge's on many fridays where there was virtually no one there, weekends are busier, especially if there was a special event.

"I want the truth! - You can't handle the truth!" -A Few Good Men (1992)
Old 06-04-2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes500Pilot View Post
Used the coupon for a Ruger 10/22 Take Down... -Steve
they still got those? I thought they were sold out
Old 06-05-2012, 2:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoPJR View Post
they still got those? I thought they were sold out
^ That was just the sales tactic they used with you to sell you two of them Dino .... lol
Old 06-05-2012, 5:47 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFlexibus View Post
you didn't miss it. the coupon was for firearms only...
Oh good. I don't think I really would have bought anything anyway. That Turner's tent was one big cluster f.
Old 06-05-2012, 5:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFlexibus View Post
wow, so much drama and names calling over nothing...

it reminded me of the place where every other word started with a d, f or s..

i've been to raahauge's on many fridays where there was virtually no one there, weekends are busier, especially if there was a special event.
And your point is (as someone who felt the need to post "over nothing)?