Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated Lever action, bolt action or other non gas operated centerfire rifles.

Old 05-23-2018, 8:54 AM
Veteran Member

Default Savage Makes An Adjustable Stock! (Finally!)

(this is a summary of info I've learned from listening to a savage advert while driving, and a phone call to their parts department. Any errors are mine, and errors are likely)

They are seriously revamping their 110/111/112/116/etc... line. Simplifying their HORRIBLE model number scheme, and making various improvements.

Their model names will now be more along the lines of "110, long action, stainless).

They have a new adjustable stock which Savage's parts department just told me IS compatible with my last-year's-model 111, although it won't be for sale as a separate part for 6-8 months.

They also have AICS compatible bottom metal in their new model. The podcast advert said something about having to move the bolt release to make it fit, but in the website photo the bolt release seems the same.

The savage magazines SUCK... if the bottom metal isn't compatible with mine, I may very well buy a new rifle... but I'll give it a year.

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/110Hunter
Old 05-23-2018, 9:29 AM
Calguns Addict

There has always been AICS bottom metal available, it just costs a lot. Or, if you can find the Savage bottom metal from a few years ago. They used to come from the factory with AICS-type mag from the factory.

Savage said their new Accu-fit stuff works on your old stock? Wonder how that could work.
Old 05-23-2018, 9:55 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatGuy View Post
They are seriously revamping their 110/111/112/116/etc... line. Simplifying their HORRIBLE model number scheme, and making various improvements.

Their model names will now be more along the lines of "110, long action, stainless).
It's not just the naming system that is the problem.
They have so many different screw spacings and action shapes within the same model numbers over the years that you have to be VERY careful when buying parts to get the correct ones to fit the action you have.

That will never go away as those hundreds of thousands of legacy actions are still out there in the hands of confused shooters...

AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
Glock, XD and M&P pistols, Benelli and Remington shotguns: barrel, sight, trigger and receiver work.
Most work performed while-you-wait, evening and weekend appointments available.
Founding member of the CAPRC
Old 05-23-2018, 9:57 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
That will never go away as those hundreds of thousands of legacy actions are still out there in the hands of confused shooters...
and they made this problem worse by re-using the 110 name.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:24 AM

I actually have been looking for a good 30 ought 6 hunting rifle. That looks pretty solid with the Accu stock and accutrigger.

WTB
P10F**
Browning BLR**
Old 05-23-2018, 10:30 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etwinam View Post
I actually have been looking for a good 30 ought 6 hunting rifle. That looks pretty solid with the Accu stock and accutrigger.
I'm far from an expert, but I really like my Savage. Good trigger for an off-the-shelf rifle, not very heavy, and shoots well.

The bolt operation feels a bit nicer than my wife's 700.

My biggest issue is the difficulty in finding adjustable stocks that don't cost a fortune, and the expensive, crappy design magazines.

I've never fired one or held one, but based on my experience with my "last year's model' I'd have no issue suggesting you look at the new "this year's model" Savage rifles. Based on press releases, it seems to have fixed both my issue with my rifle.
Old 05-23-2018, 1:16 PM
Calguns Addict

They need to bring back the Stevens 200. It's basically the same as their old 110.
Old 05-23-2018, 2:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etwinam View Post
Sportsmens Warehouse in Avondale, AZ had a Skao A7 on close out for $800. Very nice rifle for the money. I'm just not in the need of a 30-06.
Old 05-28-2018, 5:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB 1 View Post
They need to bring back the Stevens 200. It's basically the same as their old 110.
I got my .30-06 with iron sights from Big 5 - one of the best purchases Iíve made. Awesome rifle.