Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 04-21-2019, 3:32 PM

Well....I’m trying to play nice.

I feel like pointing that out may hurt my chances.

I postponed my meeting until I take the class
Old 04-25-2019, 4:34 PM

can/t wait to see how this turns out
Old 05-15-2019, 12:42 PM

Default Yolo CCW

Has anyone recently applied for a CCW under the new administration? I am considering applying.
Old 05-16-2019, 7:26 AM

waiting as well to see what kind of GC is being approved/not approved.
Old 05-16-2019, 7:54 AM
Calguns Addict

Um, has anyone thought of going into the SO and maybe asking? Calling (or contacting via FB) and setting up an appointment with whoever deals with CCWs? Or, imagine that, reviewing my CoCoCo Advice thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1482924), and using it to work up your best GC statement and then actually applying?

What are you folk so afraid of??? Do you think if you show up and ask, a LEO will whip out his Ka-Bar, cut off your nuts and shove them down your throat? I mean, seriously....

Timidity is not a virtue, esp not in a man.

230+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif

Last edited by Paladin; 07-02-2019 at 10:04 PM..
Old 05-16-2019, 9:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Um, has anyone thought of going into the SO and maybe asking? Calling (or contacting via FB) and setting up an appointment with whoever deals with CCWs? Or, imagine that, reviewing my CoCoCo Advice thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1482924), and using it to work up your best GC statement and then actually applying?

What are you folk so afraid of??? Do you think if you show up and ask, a LEO will whip out his KaBar, cut off your nuts and shove them down your throat? I mean, seriously....

Timidity is not a virtue, esp not in a man.
Actually I planned to do it this summer either way but was interested in any info/more current experience. I'll give it a go in the next couple months and report back. Not worried about it really but was rejected before under the previous administration.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimrunner View Post
Actually I planned to do it this summer either way but was interested in any info/more current experience. I'll give it a go in the next couple months and report back. Not worried about it really but was rejected before under the previous administration.
I've heard that the new sheriff was issuing them. Not sure how true it is...bul I'll be applying within the next couple of weeks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2019, 7:05 PM

Default Yolo CCW meeting

In February every Sheriff in California met to discuss CCW's and each others methods of administering the program. Yolo County had three people present. I had the opportunity to speak with them and they are issuing. There has been several people apply but have not gotten to the "attend training" part of the process.

The Sheriff has agreed to come to a public meeting to discuss CCW's and his process. The folks of Yolo county just need to put that meeting together. More to follow on this as I'm trying to get the local republican committee to host the meeting.

So in short apply, take the application seminar by BRC arms if you want some help with good cause.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by workin it View Post
In February every Sheriff in California met to discuss CCW's and each others methods of administering the program.
I would love to know what Laurie Smith of SC Co and AV of LA Co said....

Quote:
Yolo County had three people present. I had the opportunity to speak with them and they are issuing. There has been several people apply but have not gotten to the "attend training" part of the process.
The question always is, issuing for what GC standard? Currently, they still have the prior sheriff's restrictive GC policy on their website: https://www.yolocountysheriff.com/se...s-permit-info/ We currently have Yolo "yellow" on the CA CCW GC map. Do you have any idea if it should be light green or dark green instead?

Quote:
The Sheriff has agreed to come to a public meeting to discuss CCW's and his process. The folks of Yolo county just need to put that meeting together. More to follow on this as I'm trying to get the local republican committee to host the meeting.
Good luck on getting CGNers in Yolo Co to participate.... Followers? Maybe. Leaders? fugetaboutit! You'll have to lead it on your own....

Last edited by Paladin; 05-23-2019 at 10:53 AM..
Old 05-22-2019, 11:28 PM

Let me know when!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2019, 10:27 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I also suggest getting in touch with local gun shops, nearby shooting ranges and any IDPA and USPSA/IPSC clubs in the area to ask them to tell their customers and members about the CCW meeting with Sheriff Lopez. The more people that show up to support, the more political support for liberalization the more political cover Lopez has to liberalize issuance.

Old 05-23-2019, 11:25 AM

My wife and I are both interested in getting this meeting done. We're in Woodland and both will be applying shortly for a ccw. She's already taken and passed the 16 hour course. I'll be taking it next month. Keep me in the loop in what we can do to help out.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:35 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
In February every Sheriff in California met to discuss CCW's and each others methods of administering the program.
Me thinks this meeting either may have been motivated by, or was influenced by SCOTUS granting cert in NYSRPA on 2019 Jan 22.

Plus, Gorsuch and Kavanaugh got on SCOTUS and there was the ongoing drama with RBG's health at the time.

Maybe the remaining restrictive issuance sheriffs will liberalize their GC standards and liberalize issuance to try to head off LOC meet ups, rallies, and marches.

Last edited by Paladin; 05-23-2019 at 11:39 PM..
Old 05-28-2019, 11:48 AM

Is there a way to find out more about the statewide sheriff meeting?
Old 06-03-2019, 6:12 PM

I'm interested in getting my CCW in Yolo as well. If there is a public meeting with the sheriff or SO, I'd be interested in participating.
I've only just started looking into it, so I'll do my research on this forum and the various relevant posts, as well as the SO's website / other sources.

Any recommendations for training classes that people have experience with?

Thanks
Old 06-12-2019, 11:28 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Quote:
Me thinks this meeting either may have been motivated by, or was influenced by SCOTUS granting cert in NYSRPA on 2019 Jan 22.

Plus, Gorsuch and Kavanaugh got on SCOTUS and there was the ongoing drama with RBG's health at the time.

Maybe the remaining restrictive issuance sheriffs will liberalize their GC standards and liberalize issuance to try to head off LOC meet ups, rallies, and marches.
I just remembered Feb 19th was when SCOTUS told NJ to reply in re. Rogers (CCW case) asking for cert. FWIW, both Rogers and Gould (another CCW case), are being held by SCOTUS without any action taken after their conference dates. This is also the case in several other 2nd A cases. They're not being granted and not being denied. Just showing no action on their SCOTUS docket pages.

LOC "meet ups", marches and protests in the few remaining anti counties couldn't happen to more deserving sheriffs. I hope some of our more rural gunnies will come into town to join the fun! Maybe even LOC long guns.... Plus, TONS of random people will just LOC (or LCC if SCOTUS approves) on their own throughout the counties. It will by a CLEO tyrant's nightmare.

Last edited by Paladin; 06-12-2019 at 11:32 AM..
Old 06-19-2019, 10:06 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
In February every Sheriff in California met to discuss CCW's and each others methods of administering the program. Yolo County had three people present. I had the opportunity to speak with them and they are issuing. There has been several people apply but have not gotten to the "attend training" part of the process.
I found another post by another CGNer that confirms such a conference of all CA sheriffs to discuss CCWs did take place in late Feb.

Quote:
Look what I forgot about.... A 2nd post by a 2nd CGNer re. a conference of all CA sheriffs to discuss CCWs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy93 View Post
I spoke with the LT in charge over the phone. He confirmed the good cause requirement will be significantly lower but would not confirm that simple self defense is sufficient. He seems to imply that some sort of articulate good cause would still be required.

He said they are attending a sheriffs conference this coming Wednesday dedicated to discussing ccw issuance and will update their website after the conference to decide how they want to deal with applications
This was posted back on Feb 15th and thus the meeting of all CA sheriffs re. CCWs was on Feb 20th.

NYSRPA was granted cert on Jan 22nd and on Feb 19th the Court told the state in Rogers to submit a Response. I wouldn't be surprised if the conference was in response to NYSRPA being granted cert. I'm sure it, and maybe even Rogers, were discussed at this conference. (Rogers is now being held by SCOTUS, along with several other 2nd A cases that have been neither denied or granted.)

Frankly, I hope the anti holdout sheriff continue to be antis so that once the serfs get a RBA (at minimum LOC), dozens of them will spontaneously do that when they want and where they want throughout every anti county, giving those sheriffs what they deserve -- the widespread chaos of a free people exercising their RBA!

Quote:
Any news re. the sheriff holding meetings with the public to discuss CCWs?

Last edited by Paladin; 06-19-2019 at 10:09 AM..
Old 07-02-2019, 10:09 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggarcia68 View Post
I've heard that the new sheriff was issuing them. Not sure how true it is...bul I'll be applying within the next couple of weeks.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote: