Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 05-03-2019, 9:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfinger View Post
Is it be prudent to get in the application ASAP?.... I figured the backlog would be going down but it's been going up since I started following this thread.
Yes, you have to call to make a appointment to turn in the application. Last year it took me a month. I know it is currently over 4 months to even get a appointment to turn in the application.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2019, 10:32 PM
Vendor/Retailer

I just got mine. Yes wile I was there I overheard them say next apt is in sept just to turn in a application for a CCW

Mikes Tacticals In Tracy
07 FFL
408-406-7854
ammo/firearms/manufacturing
INQUIRYS EMAIL
CUSTOMERSERVICE@MIKES-TACTICALS.COM
FB : www.facebook.com/mikestactical
WEB:www.mikes-tacticals.com
Old 05-06-2019, 3:59 PM

Also waiting on my result on adding Firearms applied it 4/2/19 front desk says it take 2 weeks its been a month .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2019, 7:46 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bench View Post
Also waiting on my result on adding Firearms applied it 4/2/19 front desk says it take 2 weeks its been a month .

If I remember correctly, adding one to my permit took close to 6 weeks.
"The best defense against usurpatory government is an assertive citizenry." - William F Buckley Jr.
Old 05-08-2019, 2:02 PM

Hello everyone, came across this thread via google and I have some info I thought might be helpful. I went to a citizen's forum the other night where the Sheriff was speaking and he said that he is signing "at least two boxes worth of CCWs a week." Take from that what you will, I'm not sure how many that is relatively.

But more interestingly, speaking to a deputy there, I also heard that the Sheriff's office is soon gonna start implementing a system called 'Permitium,' which he said would drastically speed up wait times for applications, appointments, etc. I was not familiar with it, but here is their site: http://permitium.com/about.html
Old 05-08-2019, 2:50 PM

Must be why they’re too busy to answer the phone. Called twice this week, just left a message. We’ll see how long until they return my call.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilit View Post
If I remember correctly, adding one to my permit took close to 6 weeks.

Received email yesterday 4/8 for my modification approved and pick up Today not so bad at all it is worth waiting .
Be safe and always Carry

Old 05-10-2019, 9:36 PM

Buddy of mine called today for a appointment and was told October was the soonest. Dont wait.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:19 AM

I was notified via email that my lapsed LTC has been approved and is ready to pick up. Only a three week period where I could not carry; one kind of gets used to carrying. I started the renewal process three months prior to the expiration date.

I believe they are swamped with applications but are still being professional.
Old 05-11-2019, 3:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaCluck View Post
I was notified via email that my lapsed LTC has been approved and is ready to pick up. Only a three week period where I could not carry; one kind of gets used to carrying. I started the renewal process three months prior to the expiration date.

I believe they are swamped with applications but are still being professional.
Same amount of time for me without. Yes, after you carry everyday for 4 years you do get used to it and get uncomfortable without it.