Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 2:16 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Can anybody run the April shoot?

Hey all,
Work is too much this month and I need someone to help out with the official April shoot. Nothing too crazy, just a place for Calgunners to gather and have a good time.

If anyone has some free time and wants to be the lead on this we can give advice and show you how its done.

Chime in and give us your thoughts...who knows you might enjoy yourself!
Old 04-03-2013, 3:42 PM

I'm confused, there is a hofbrau meet, on the 17th, but no calgunner shoot?

It seems to me priority would first be the monthly shoot? Priority as in, organizing, volunteer workers, etc.

Personally I would prefer the shoot, I haven't had a chance to get to one, and would like to hang out with shooters, doing shooting and learn new stuff. Don't get me wrong, I like a good reason to drink a beer, and eat some chow.

Who are the C3 staffers for our Sacramento chapter? I'm willing to help, but since I have NEVER been to a shoot, organizing one is out of my comfort level.

However I did hear mention of Dillman range. I will be attending my first Lincoln Rifle Club meeting tomorrow night. If you want I will find out how to get permission for a future CGSSA shoot at Dillman.
Old 04-03-2013, 4:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterwhite View Post
I'm confused, there is a hofbrau meet, on the 17th, but no calgunner shoot?

It seems to me priority would first be the monthly shoot? Priority as in, organizing, volunteer workers, etc.

Personally I would prefer the shoot, I haven't had a chance to get to one, and would like to hang out with shooters, doing shooting and learn new stuff. Don't get me wrong, I like a good reason to drink a beer, and eat some chow.

Who are the C3 staffers for our Sacramento chapter? I'm willing to help, but since I have NEVER been to a shoot, organizing one is out of my comfort level.

However I did hear mention of Dillman range. I will be attending my first Lincoln Rifle Club meeting tomorrow night. If you want I will find out how to get permission for a future CGSSA shoot at Dillman.
The Hofbrau is for everyone to meet and get to know each other, share ideas and ask questions. Opens a good line of communication for people who are curious about helping and allows those already familiar to do some recruiting and planning. (including the Monthly shoot) The point of any Calguns social event, shoot or not, is to bring people out from behind the computer and put a face to the screen name. This is a non-threatening way to get to know our peers.

We have been looking for someone to work with the Dillman Range for some time now, there is a lot of interest in this range and it should draw a lot of people. If you keep the monthly shoot simple (dont sell clothing) there is not much to it. Set a time/date/place and see who shows up. I think Bonnie has a general banner to hang so people know where to find you and if the organizer wares a bright orange Calguns hat it also helps, we have those also. We like to keep a sign in sheet to keep track of attendance...then start getting to know everyone. Shoot when you can & be safe.

Bonnie and I can answer any questions, for now we know a little more about the C3 effort than others. Tom(notenufgarage) is a huge help also but he is focused on staffing and running the gun show booths.
Old 04-03-2013, 5:04 PM

I'm a regular at Yolo and have a great relationship with the CRSO. I'm pretty confident that with enough advance notice and planning that I could make that location work. I'd also be happy to serve as event organizer.

Let me know, Tim.
Old 04-03-2013, 9:15 PM

I've been getting to know some of the guys at the Auburn Trap club and will talk with them about possibly hosting a shoot. They have a few picnic tables, fire pit, & BBQ behind one of the trap fields. They also allow you to drink a beer or two (after shooting of course). They encourage people to come out as a group and enjoy the range and a day of shooting.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:03 PM

Maybe an informal shoot to get some of the new guys (myself included) introduced to each other is in order. I'm going to run my K31 this weekend and it would be nice to see some other newbies at the range. Might give us a bit of courage and confidence to help out with a formal shoot later on once we know some people.
Old 04-04-2013, 5:02 AM

Thanks for the replies!

Anything you guys can work out with your normal shooting spot will be a huge help. Honestly, these shoots are easy to put together they just need time to organize and a little back up.

I will get you all some information about what to discuss with your range. Stay tuned!

Rob, I really want to get out to the Auburn Trap Club, I might stop by on my way home tonight and say hello but no time for shooting.

thanks everyone!
Tim
Old 04-04-2013, 7:39 AM

Auburn Trap is a very nice club and setting. They have a nice five stand setup and trap stands. They have let us set up for wobble also. Night shoots would be fun this summer. Great place to picnic and shoot.

I don't expect everything handed to me. Just set it down anywhere. Unknown
Old 04-05-2013, 4:49 PM

If there's enough interest in busting some clays, I'll reserve a trap field at the Auburn Trap Club.

If we have 5+ people, we can easily make this happen. I'm looking at the 21st or 28th (10am ~ ?).
Old 04-07-2013, 7:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XVIga_Rob View Post
If there's enough interest in busting some clays, I'll reserve a trap field at the Auburn Trap Club.

If we have 5+ people, we can easily make this happen. I'm looking at the 21st or 28th (10am ~ ?).
Start marking your calendars!

April 28th we be shootin some trap yall!!
Old 04-07-2013, 10:43 PM

It's spring, clocks have rolled ahead.......So let's try something a little different. Don't get me wrong, I like poking holes in paper as much as the next person. But let's blow some fly'n reactive targets out of the sky!!