Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 02-15-2014, 6:24 PM

I should add- from what I've read, roosters ARE somehow legal in Richmond. So anyone suggesting we look up the law in that area are crowing up the wrong tree.
Old 02-15-2014, 6:33 PM

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH, they've come to snuff the Rooster.......oOHHHH YEAAAAAAHHHH You know he aint gonna DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE! NO....No....No... you know he aint gonna DIE!!!

*drops mic*
Old 02-15-2014, 7:27 PM

oh he'll die. haven't met a rooster yet that can handle .223 to to wattle.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:15 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALI SHOT DOC View Post
My neighbor behind me has a rooster that is constantly crowing and letting the neighborhood know he's there. I wouldn't mind if he did his cock-a-doodle-doo once in a while but it's all day, woke me up this morning at 3am and the morning before at 5am.

What can I do? I live in richmond and am not to sure about laws regarding "farm" animals. I called animal control one day or the nonemergency # and they said any type of complaint or letter given to the neighbor would include my name and address, that it couldn't be anonymous. I don't want them to know that it is me making the formal complaint just incase of some type of retaliation or whatever they'd do.

What are my options ?
I am not LEO but while I was a CEO in Perris ANY animal related complaints went to Animal Control. Contact your local animal Control Office, Start with the city and ask someone at City Hall.

I know the mentality of the people that keep these birds. They are usually morons who do not care that it bothers anyone else since they have the birds for their own reasons.

If your area is zoned for chickens/fowl then they might be given a pass, but if they are ion the middle of a block of a tract home then that is a nono and it is a matter of time before code/animal control busts them. Call up AC and invite them through your back yard to listen.

BTW, I know what you are going through. Those stupid roosters crow ALL DAY LONG. Not just when the sun comes out like in the cartoons...

Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...

And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...
Old 02-15-2014, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilly View Post
If your area is zoned for chickens/fowl then they might be given a pass, but if they are ion the middle of a block of a tract home then that is a nono and it is a matter of time before code/animal control busts them.
Thank you for your support stilly. Can you elaborate on what you mean by "in the middle of a tract home"? I live next to the cock and I have signatures and addresses from all of my 8+ neighbors saying we are sick of the noise and want them gone. Will that help? I've told 3 others to call Animal Control along with my complaint so hopefully we get some action for the good of the community.

I've been researching rooster sanctuaries because I think if I can find a good home for them, they might be more willing to relocate.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:25 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I would suggest talking to the rooster's owner. You might want to offer to hold his cock and pullet.

Last edited by Doheny; 02-15-2014 at 10:30 PM..
Old 02-15-2014, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
I would suggest talking to the rooster's owner. You might want to offer to hold his cock and pullet.

I would, but I don't speak Spanish.