Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 12-19-2011, 5:43 AM

Default Open Carry Jan. 1st

I will be carrying an empty holster in protest of the ban on unloaded open carry of handguns, come January 1st, and was just wondering... (forgive my ignorance of the law, but I know someone here will be able to advise me) What is the legality of placing other items in a holster? (Airsoft guns (loaded or unloaded), or ive heard of some people planning on putting bananas in holsters). Basically I want to protest and hopefully waste some tax dollars by taking up some of the PD's valuable time, without getting arrested. I know it seems childish and immature, but hey, im childish and immature... so there ya go.
Old 12-19-2011, 5:55 AM
Calguns Addict

i fail to see how carrying a banana on your waist can get you into any sort of trouble at all
Old 12-19-2011, 5:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Man View Post
i fail to see how carrying a banana on your waist can get you into any sort of trouble at all
nothing surprises me when it comes to gun laws, I see them defining the banana as 'an unidentifiable baby killer with high capacity potassium'... 25 to life.
Old 12-19-2011, 6:00 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL0Ck View Post
nothing surprises me when it comes to gun laws, I see them defining the banana as 'an unidentifiable baby killer with high capacity potassium'... 25 to life.
but, due to tyrannical federal judges, you will be "realigned" to a county jail because you're a tri-non, where you will be court-ordered to be released due to overcrowding and only serve 1 year out of 25 and be on non-revocable parole.
Old 12-19-2011, 6:05 AM
Veteran Member

Spend your energy where it counts, vote. And try to show the light to all the young liberals on the site voting our rights away.

Walking around with a banana in a holster won't do anything but get you laughed at. Spend the day with family and enjoy life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanbob View Post
Get a DILLON...
Old 12-19-2011, 6:28 AM

If you're feeling froggy and want to jump, find a way to carry an AR pistol grip in/on the holster and let the day unfold.

If you do carry a banana make sure the peel is off, unlike some FUD from grocery stores that says it should be separate from the banana, it actually can be in the same container but not wrapped on the banana itself to be considered legal carry.

Last edited by Distro; 12-19-2011 at 6:31 AM..
Old 12-19-2011, 6:34 AM
Calguns Addict

Just remember the kind of behavior that put OC on the map and led to its outlawing. Carrying an airsoft gun is a bad idea.
Old 12-19-2011, 6:38 AM

Quote:
...I know it seems childish and immature, but hey, im childish and immature... so there ya go.
Amen
Old 12-19-2011, 6:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDRoX View Post
Spend your energy where it counts, vote. And try to show the light to all the young liberals on the site voting our rights away.

Walking around with a banana in a holster won't do anything but get you laughed at. Spend the day with family and enjoy life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraper View Post
Just remember the kind of behavior that put OC on the map and led to its outlawing. Carrying an airsoft gun is a bad idea.

Could not have said it better. Lifes to short to be packing bannanas.

Old 12-19-2011, 6:50 AM

Quote:

I like it when people make sense.
Old 12-19-2011, 6:56 AM
Banned

Carry your long gun. Toy gun is a bad idea .
Old 12-19-2011, 7:36 AM

Sling shot
Old 12-19-2011, 7:58 AM

If I shot a cow in the head and let it bleed to death on the middle of main street (like they do in slaughter houses) do you think that would be smart?

Neither is open carry.

Just because a law allows you to openly carry a firearm doesn't mean you should parade around main street doing so, doing that will just put negative attention on gun owners, which we don't need.

If you want to keep your rights or get more of them, then volunteer to teach people to shoot, participate in the political process or even start your own. Pot is looked at as "cool" by much of society, we need to put that kind of spin/marketing on guns if we want to move ahead...not do the opposite.

Being immature about this will only hurt this process.

Bananas though, I'm not sure that ones such a bad idea....no gun around ( no gun pics on shirts etc). You could say when asked by a news crew that "an unloaded weapon is about as dangerous as this banana". And bring some comic relief to this...but bringing anything that resembles a gun would be counterproductive.
Old 12-19-2011, 8:03 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDON7766 View Post
If I shot a cow in the head and let it bleed to death on the middle of main street (like they do in slaughter houses) do you think that would be smart?

Neither is open carry.

Just because a law allows you to openly carry a firearm doesn't mean you should parade around main street doing so, doing that will just put negative attention on gun owners, which we don't need.

If you want to keep your rights or get more of them, then volunteer to teach people to shoot, participate in the political process or even start your own. Pot is looked at as "cool" by much of society, we need to put that kind of spin/marketing on guns if we want to move ahead...not do the opposite.

Being immature about this will only hurt this process.

Bananas though, I'm not sure that ones such a bad idea....no gun around ( no gun pics on shirts etc). You could say when asked by a news crew that "an unloaded weapon is about as dangerous as this banana". And bring some comic relief to this...but bringing anything that resembles a gun would be counterproductive.
i agree with this post.

most people who are afraid of guns don't understand them.

once you teach them about them, they typically either have fun shooting them, or at least respect them enough and understand them enough to know that they don't kill people on their own; people kill people.
Old 12-19-2011, 8:05 AM
Banned

Think of the kittens, I mean monkeys, think of the monkeys!!! Oh the humanity!
Old 12-19-2011, 8:07 AM
Veteran Member

What are you going to prove?

The open carry movement did nothing but to pass a law making open carry unlawful.
Soon we won't be able to carry a banana.

*** In comparing the virtues of various calibers, using hollow point ammo: it is absolutely undeniable that, while a 9 mm or .40 S&W may or may not expand, a .45 will never shrink. ***

***Mature Up***
Old 12-19-2011, 8:07 AM

All joking aside, I say open carry a bushel of broccoli.
Old 12-19-2011, 8:08 AM

"If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...." well when it comes to guns, the same is true. So expect to be treated accordingly by law enforcement. Don't be a dork and invite encounters you may regret.
I understand wanting to make a point or protesting unjust treatment or law, but come on man do somethng useful about the issue....vote. Carrying a banana openly (peeled or unpeeled) I'm sure is a violation of some obscure ag. law about bearing fruit without a FDA license...or some crud. And it WILL get you laughed at.
IMO,the OC movement has done a great service to the gun owning community, it got UOC out lawed. Now that arguement has been taken off the table when considering CCW reform. Now we can all rally behind getting the stupid "may issue" changed to shall issue.
You never rise to the occassion, you only sink to your lowest level of training" Unknown.
Old 12-19-2011, 8:18 AM

Quote:
You can't be serious.

You're living in a state where weepy-eyed anti gun liberals believe trees, rocks, fish and little frogs have rights. But law abiding gun owners have no rights.
Old 12-19-2011, 8:24 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWbiker View Post
You can't be serious.

You're living in a state where weepy-eyed anti gun liberals believe trees, rocks, fish and little frogs have rights. But law abiding gun owners have no rights.
i sometimes forget.

then i watch this video and it all becomes clear

and then i do the following:

Old 12-19-2011, 9:25 AM

Quote:
Basically I want to protest and hopefully waste some tax dollars by taking up some of the PD's valuable time, without getting arrested.
you should be banned just for saying that. Get a life.

Do you think it's possible that the police department might have more important things to do other than waste time on your ***? (busting drug dealers, stopping DUI's/speeders, burglaries, arson, etc.....to name a few).

If you want to waste tax dollars, take it to the higher ups and make them listen to what you have to say. Don't detract from public safety by being a pain in the *** to first responders.

Last edited by trob; 12-19-2011 at 9:29 AM..
Old 12-19-2011, 9:30 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

"You're not going to fall for a banana in the tail pipe?"
- Axel Foley, BHC 1984

"You go ahead.....take those bananas."
- Damon Wayans, BHC II 1987
Old 12-19-2011, 9:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDON7766 View Post
+1.

I remember seeing the newscast about the pro-UOC protest they had in the east bay about a month ago and all I could think was "why is it that all the pro-UOC protesters they show and interview on TV are whiney douches that make the rest of us gun owners look bad?"
Old 12-19-2011, 9:48 AM
Bringing up the average.
CGN Contributor

Quote:

Thanks XDRox for the new sigline-

Quote:
Walking around with a banana in a holster won't do anything but get you laughed at.
"A true patriot would repeal the patriot act"
Ron Paul
Old 12-19-2011, 9:51 AM
CGSSA Coordinator

UOC existed mostly in this state because CCW is not equally available throughout the state.

You carrying an empty holster is both silly and uneffective. What are you protesting? Not being able to carry an unloaded gun? Or not being able to get a LTC?

If the former, you have your priorities wrong. If the latter, your empty holster makes even less sense.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:46 AM

Neither is a good Idea...

Last edited by Ranger20; 12-19-2011 at 5:27 PM..
Old 12-19-2011, 10:49 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefreas View Post
Thanks XDRox for the new sigline-
Yes, I finally made it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanbob View Post
Get a DILLON...
Old 12-19-2011, 10:51 AM

Man.... please dont do that. Take the right steps, join the NRA and vote. Write letters to officials. I hate politics, but I think this would only make things worse!

DONT carry a air soft gun, that is a bad idea - a Dumb IDEA.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:58 AM
Veteran Member

I love all the Statists in this thread. It's pathetic.

gl0ck - Call me.

CLICK HERE for a San Diego County WIN!

CLICK HERE to read my research review on the fight-or-flight response and its application to firearm training
Old 12-19-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trob View Post
you should be banned just for saying that. Get a life.

Do you think it's possible that the police department might have more important things to do other than waste time on your ***? (busting drug dealers, stopping DUI's/speeders, burglaries, arson, etc.....to name a few).

If you want to waste tax dollars, take it to the higher ups and make them listen to what you have to say. Don't detract from public safety by being a pain in the *** to first responders.
AMEN, Sir!!!
Old 12-19-2011, 11:07 AM

I can't beleive it has gone this far...

UGN

Member at the Ukiah Rifle and Pistol Club and the NRA. I own three 9mm pistols (two Glocks and a Ruger LC9), a Kimber Custom II 45acp, a 10/22 Ruger rifle, 12 ga shotgun and Remington .243 WIN rifle, and a DPMS AP 4 (AR 15).
Old 12-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Calguns Addict

Carrying an Airsoft gun to give the impression that it's a real one is about one of the dumbest things anyone can do. People have been shot doing that.
WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.
Old 12-19-2011, 1:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr310 View Post
Carrying an Airsoft gun to give the impression that it's a real one is about one of the dumbest things anyone can do. People have been shot doing that.
Remember, "...im childish and immature... so there ya go..."
Old 12-19-2011, 1:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I don't know about that - I've been carrying one just below my waist for years, and it's gotten me into all kinds of trouble!
Old 12-19-2011, 5:45 PM

I suggest on the 1st you contribute to those who fight for us. Donate to NRA or CG

https://g.co/fi/r/UC7661 Project Fi referral.
You/I get $20

https://www.activejunky.com/invite/167810
Active Junky Referral you get $10

WTS Springfield EMP & TRP
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...8#post22678428
Old 12-19-2011, 5:53 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr310 View Post
+1 not smart
Old 12-19-2011, 6:12 PM

Quote:

+1,000....I couldn't say it better...
Old 12-19-2011, 6:22 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

FWIW, I think "Take a Liberal Shooting" is a the best suggestion the OP has been given. MANY young Liberals LOVE guns, once they're introduced to them. It's not long after being introduced that they realize the freedom of exercising 2nd Ammendment rights it's much more empowering than exercising 1st Ammendment rights. A gun in a lib's hand is worth 1000 times a protesting fake UOC'er.
Quote:
Originally Posted by huck View Post
You still can't wear it in the parade.

Lord, protect me from my friends. I can handle my enemies.
Old 12-19-2011, 8:47 PM

Quote:
i sometimes forget.

then i watch this video and it all becomes clear

and then i do the following:

Wow, that video was some funny stuff. Those people need to kick rocks.
Old 12-19-2011, 9:21 PM

holy moly this thread is full of siglines, but i dont remember how to do them. can someone please help me?

NEVERMIND. I FIGURED IT OUT.
"Sporter" is what the drooling toothless inbred albino with the hacksaw thinks his newly created "dear riffel" is.
"Bubba" is what he and his ugly and ruined rifle really are.
First you are chopping up historic vintage rifles and sticking them in cheap and nasty looking plastic "dildo" stocks that look like some kind of futuristic sex toy that gay space aliens stick up each other's butts.
Next thing you know, you think "Deliverance" is a love story.

Last edited by paratroop; 12-19-2011 at 9:35 PM..