Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 04-24-2013, 7:32 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Reloading Club-LA County Chapter***see post 439 for next clinic Jan or Feb 2018***

I'm looking for veteran and virgin reloaders in Los Angeles County who want to join the LA chapter of the now forming state wide Reloading Club. There will probably be some sort of annual membership dues so, we'll see how many cheap azz reloaders actually join up. We hope to have a members' only sub forum on CGN. This is our club and we're free to take it in almost any direction. So far, some of the main goals will be, teaching new reloaders, giving experienced reloaders a venue to help each other and share information, use of club owned equipment and the ability to participate in state wide group buys. I'm also looking for volunteers to help with different aspects of running this local chapter.

I've also volunteered to help TacticalPlinker with the Ventura County chapter. So, if you're in Ventura County, you should send him a PM and just cc me.

Finally, I've helped more than a few people start their new hobby safely and am now wanting to teach more structured classes with multiple students. I did my first one last weekend and we all learned a lot. It was only two students and I co-taught it with DisarmedMarksman. I'd like to do another intro course with three to four students in the next week or two. It will probably be myself, IntoForever and possibly DisarmedMarksman co teaching it. The class will be a based on the NRA Metalic Cartridge Reloading Course and include hands loading and possibly testing some rounds. To simplify things, I'm thinking that everyone will load the same cartridges 9mm, 38/.357 and .223 are what I'm thinking of using. I will provide all components for each student to be able to load a small batch of ammo to keep. There will be a small fee which will help cover operating costs and start a chapter fund to be used to aquire club equipment etc. The class will be taught between Santa Clarita and Palmdale in the SFV and later in Alhambra. Last weekends students felt their class was worth $100-$150. I'm looking for 3-4 people willing to donate $70TBD to the club for a full day course and some sort of lunch. I'm just looking for student interest before getting with the other instructors and setting a date. So, who's interested?

EDIT: I will leave the above post in tack since, it is the original post that started this chapter of the reloading club. Please go to post 439 for the latest clinic info.
Utah CCW Instructor

Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

KM6WLV

Last edited by CSACANNONEER; 01-21-2018 at 10:15 PM..
Old 04-24-2013, 7:43 PM
Calguns Addict

PM has been sent.
Than Oversexed & Underlaid...
Old 04-25-2013, 12:30 PM
Veteran Member

Outstanding post.

After the gun show this weekend, I will be hitting this project at full speed to get things up and running. I will also be following the same platform at CSACANNONEER described above and I look forward to working with him.

If there are any experienced or new reloaders/handloaders in Ventura County, please contact me if you have interest in a Reloading Club for our Ventura County Chapter.
Old 04-25-2013, 6:33 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalPlinker View Post
Outstanding post.

After the gun show this weekend, I will be hitting this project at full speed to get things up and running. I will also be following the same platform at CSACANNONEER described above and I look forward to working with him.

If there are any experienced or new reloaders/handloaders in Ventura County, please contact me if you have interest in a Reloading Club for our Ventura County Chapter.
Gun show? I'll have to see if I can work it into my schedule. My wife would love a lunch or dinner at Joe's Crab Shack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solus View Post
where is the IE chapter? I know it has nothing to do with the LA/ Ventura area but no one has posted anything on that subject or for any other areas in so cal as well
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=745306
Utah CCW Instructor

Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

KM6WLV

Last edited by CSACANNONEER; 04-25-2013 at 6:52 PM..
Old 04-25-2013, 4:47 PM

where is the IE chapter? I know it has nothing to do with the LA/ Ventura area but no one has posted anything on that subject or for any other areas in so cal as well
Old 04-25-2013, 8:39 PM

I'm very interested particularly since I want to load 9mm, .357 and .223.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." -Thomas Jefferson
“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.” -James Madison
Old 04-25-2013, 9:02 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

PM sent to TacticalPlinker.
Old 04-26-2013, 5:13 PM

PM sent to both CSACANNONEER and TacticalPlinker
Old 04-26-2013, 8:33 PM

I am interested. I already reload for .223, .38/.357, and a few others
It didn't make financial since to load 9mm, until recently.
When I started reloading I found it very unfriendly. I went to the Angeles store, and some tool with a ponytail berated me. He literally called me "stupid" for choosing to learn reloading from somewhere besides his class.
I beleive reloading is key to retaining our 2nd ammendment rights.
I will support any efforts to teach handloading. And especially to make handloading more user friendly to novices.

Last edited by Nick Adams; 04-26-2013 at 9:33 PM..
Old 04-26-2013, 9:23 PM

My hat if off to you guys. As a new reloader I appreciate what your doing. Thank you very much. I cant get to the one out that far but if anyone gets one going in the San Gabriel Valley Im all in .
Old 04-28-2013, 7:33 PM

Any idea when you'll be running the next class? I have a buddy who wants to attend. He's not a calgunner yet but I imagine he will be shortly.
Old 04-28-2013, 9:36 PM
Calguns Addict

2nd on the IE chapter....

i am prepping for a entrance to reloading area and would rather have some instyruction vs. freeballing it...

i will be rocking a horandy ap
loading 450 bushmaster,223,9mm,40sw,45acp.

have 223 dies
3000 cci#400 small rifle primers
w296 1lb
450 bushmaster brass and bullets
223 brass and bullets
9mm,40sw,45acp brass

nabbing components as i find them,even got a couple lb's of bp for my 50cal muzzleloader...

and for csacannoneer.....i have a couple 100 shotgun hulls for you again...

Last edited by stitchnicklas; 04-28-2013 at 9:54 PM..
Old 04-28-2013, 9:40 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

PM sent.
Can't wait to start reloading all this 22 lr brass I've been saving for years.
Old 04-28-2013, 9:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifT7 View Post
PM sent.
waa waa waa waa waa WHAT???????????????
Old 04-29-2013, 1:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifT7 View Post
PM sent.
I dont know about reloading that stuff but maybe you could do like this guy and turn them into bullets. I bet it would be a pain in the ***** but if you were sitting on a $#!% ton of 22lr brass it might be worth it.

Last edited by ArmedCMT; 04-29-2013 at 1:16 AM..
Old 04-28-2013, 10:53 PM
Veteran Member

@ fifT7; sorry to break it to you, but you cannot reload .22LR, or any other rimfire cartridge/caliber that I am aware of.
Old 04-29-2013, 4:13 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

It was a joke. Gotcha!
Old 04-29-2013, 5:12 AM

http://www.corbins.com/kit-224.htm

You really want to reload 22 cases? Just buy the dies and you can make them into bullets 224 :-)
Old 04-29-2013, 10:52 PM
Veteran Member

From here on, please direct any posts regarding the Ventura County reloading club to the following thread; http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=754152
Old 05-01-2013, 10:44 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Bump
Utah CCW Instructor

KM6WLV
Old 05-01-2013, 11:05 AM

I would be interested, depending on the date. I am brand new to reloading.
Old 05-01-2013, 3:45 PM

I'm in Long Beach, and re-load .40 and 38 Special and hopefully soon .223. I'd be interested in joining in a reloading group and am happy to share knowledge with novices. I'd also like to be able to tap-into knowledgeable veteran reloaders when I move into new calibers.
Old 05-01-2013, 9:07 PM

Hell yeah. I'm new, I only reload for .303 British, so far.

Old 05-01-2013, 9:18 PM

I'm in for the LA Reloading Club. Sharing knowledge, tips/techniques, and purchasing power all seem like a good thing!

Will dues be a pound of powder or a pound of brass?
Old 05-01-2013, 9:33 PM
Calguns Addict

sent a pm but never heard back.
Than Oversexed & Underlaid...
Old 05-02-2013, 4:26 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt562 View Post
sent a pm but never heard back.
Niether has anyone else yet. I've been busy with other things. I'll try to have a list of interested members compiled this weekend and send out a mass pm or two.
Utah CCW Instructor

KM6WLV
Old 05-02-2013, 9:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
Niether has anyone else yet. I've been busy with other things. I'll try to have a list of interested members compiled this weekend and send out a mass pm or two.
Please ad me to this list if i am not already on it.
Old 05-07-2013, 6:00 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Here's a PM I sent out last night. ANYONE with any level of reloading experience (or none at all) is more than welcome to join us, provide input, or just suggest a good place to meet up.

Quote:
You are receiving this PM because you've expressed interest in the new Calguns Reloading Club. So, let's get the LA Chapter up and running! Or, at least, let's get a jump on things while the guys behind the state club are working on making the club official, getting insurance, etc. So, let's have a meeting or two to discuss what we want to do for and what we want the club to do for us. Since LA is a large county, I see plenty of room for future expansion and several local chapters with in the county. But, until we have the numbers, we'll need to do a bit of traveling to meet up. To start with, I live on 20 acres in the middle of nowhere and have several different presses here. Intoforever and I will be NRA Certified Reloading Instructors soon. I currently reload a variety of cartridges from .25acp to 50BMG and cast round balls for muzzle loading as well as .25acp, 9mm, .38/.357, .44mag and 45acp. I also have a Ohler 35P chronograph which is the Rolls Royce of chronographs and is available for use here. Yea, we can load and do some load testing just feet away from the reloading bench!!!! That said, I don't mind hosting reloading parties and holding classes for the time being. But, before that happens, let's have a meeting or two and start figuring out how we are going to run this chapter. I want input from reloading virgins and those with +50 years of experience. What time and day works best for you guys? Anyone have any suggestions on a place to meet? While I vote for a weekend breakfast meeting at Crazy Otto's in Acton (it's worth the drive!), I know that the San Fernando Valley is a little more centrally located between Long Beach and Palmdale. So, I'm open to suggestions. Let's pick a date, time and place soon. I'm thinking it should be next month since, I've got a Women on Target class on the 26th and a 1000 yard match in Coalinga the following weekend (June 1-2). My schedule is clear after that.
BTW, I'm know I'm posting a personal schedule but, my armed wife will be home and all my neighbors look out for each other and are well armed too. So, the threat of someone going through a locked gate, travelling 3 miles through a maze of roads to get to my place unseen is not a great one.
Utah CCW Instructor

KM6WLV
Old 05-07-2013, 6:36 AM

Interested
Pm sent
thanks
Old 05-07-2013, 6:43 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I'd be interested in the otto's meet. I've drove by a thousand times and heard good things about it.
Will the initial meet be more brainstorming and what members will actually put forth an effort to get off of their keyboards, or will it be a jump right into learning?
I ask because I would like to bring my own press, and small work table2'x6' and consumables.
I am a beginner on reloading, but I should have everything I need to finish a product(minus the instruction)
Old 05-07-2013, 11:10 AM

i might be interested. My father and I are are in Ventura county, he's been reloading since I was a kid, and i've been talking about wanting to reload for sometime now.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:59 AM

do you have a website up and running for the is club...?
I just started to reload, my father in law gave ma dillion SDB press for 9mm 357, 40, 45.
I also have a Redding single stage for .223

interested in talking to other re-loaders....
Old 05-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Veteran Member

No, everything will be here on the CalGuns forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsyphoto View Post
I just started to reload, my father in law gave ma dillion SDB press for 9mm 357, 40, 45.

Old 05-07-2013, 1:26 PM

I would like to join.
Old 05-07-2013, 4:05 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK4me View Post
I would like to join.
It's about an hour's drive from your place (assuming you haven't moved) to mine. You're free to join us in the LA chapter, join the Ventura County chapter or both. I believe that once the club is established in different areas, any club member will be welcome at any event by any chapter.
Utah CCW Instructor

KM6WLV

Last edited by CSACANNONEER; 05-07-2013 at 4:08 PM..
Old 05-07-2013, 5:59 PM

Yea, I'm still in Simi, I wouldn't mind the drive so either one would work for me.
Old 05-07-2013, 1:27 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsyphoto View Post

After the club is up and running in its own two feet, mr lone wolf is working with Kestryll to get a private sub forum available only to members of our club.
Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
I love you! (some Homo)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
OP you are an uninformed tool.
Go Broncos!
Go Kings Go!
Old 05-07-2013, 6:21 PM

Please include me in list for LA Club

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 05-09-2013, 6:58 PM

please include me for the LA club as well
Old 05-12-2013, 8:47 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

So far no one has suggested any place besides Crazy Otto's except for meeting at Angeles or Oaktree and shooting afterwards. While I'm not against the idea, I think that the first meeting shouldn't be more than an hour or so and, I like food. Anyway, we are still looking for a definite place to meet and a definite date. So, keep the suggestions coming in.
Utah CCW Instructor

KM6WLV