Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 09-24-2019, 11:52 AM

DeSantis E25. Every day for 1 1/2 years. Sturdy. Minimal warpage. Looks brand new. Good Price. Only comes in black. I'm always untucked so no one ever sees it. My next belt will be one of those ratchet hoochiemagoochies. Maybe a little dressier than the E25.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:04 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

For AIWB, I like the Blue Alpha Gear "low-profile" belt. Everything else I use Hanks (think I have 5 now from the LTP offerings).

shuttlecock
Old 09-25-2019, 6:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCarpenter View Post
The bladetech edc belt is pretty great. It's ratcheting and you cut the length to fit so you can make it as long as you want. Very stiff and the outside is leather so it looks pretty nice.
Agreed.
Old 10-01-2019, 1:51 AM

Sorry for not getting back to this thread, wife just lost her job recently and just havent had much time to spare and with all the stress of my wife now being unemployed, so my apologies for not responding back.

I have been eyeballing those Hanks belts as those are pretty much more my style of a belt I wear every day. They are reasonably priced on Amazon and look great. Do the Hanks belt sag at all or are they pretty solid and prevent the firearm from leaning away from the body as I carry a smaller firearm, a G19 and G30.

Also like the hard rigid nylon belt that 5.11 has on Amazon for like $39 I think the price was. But again, I dont want the sagging or leaning away from my body as it tends to print if it does that depending on what I wear. I'm usually wearing a dark colored size XL plaid shirt so you really cant tell that there is even a gun on my hip.

But am guessing I will more then likely just go with the Hanks belt. Thanks for all the responses but keep the recommendations coming as maybe someone else might be wondering the same about belts.

Thanks again...
Old 10-02-2019, 4:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlandflyer View Post
here is something you might consider.... when i contacted DD recently about the possibility of shortening a belt i bought from them not more than 2 years ago. problem (sic) is that over the past year, my belt size went from 42" --> 36". this was the response i got...

"We have this cool thing we do for customers who loose a substantial amount of weight and can no longer wear the original belt. If you send us in the belt, we will send you a brand new belt for free.

You will have to pay for the shipping to us but we will pay for it back to you.

Thank you,

Alexandra
Diamond D Leather, LLC"

...wow!
Old 10-02-2019, 7:10 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by giaking70 View Post
Sorry for not getting back to this thread, wife just lost her job recently and just havent had much time to spare and with all the stress of my wife now being unemployed, so my apologies for not responding back.

I have been eyeballing those Hanks belts as those are pretty much more my style of a belt I wear every day. They are reasonably priced on Amazon and look great. Do the Hanks belt sag at all or are they pretty solid and prevent the firearm from leaning away from the body as I carry a smaller firearm, a G19 and G30.

Also like the hard rigid nylon belt that 5.11 has on Amazon for like $39 I think the price was. But again, I dont want the sagging or leaning away from my body as it tends to print if it does that depending on what I wear. I'm usually wearing a dark colored size XL plaid shirt so you really cant tell that there is even a gun on my hip.

But am guessing I will more then likely just go with the Hanks belt. Thanks for all the responses but keep the recommendations coming as maybe someone else might be wondering the same about belts.

Thanks again...
Sorry to hear about your wife's work situation. I'm sure another employment opportunity will present itself in short order and all will be fine.

My Hanks is the stitched Gunner model, the skinniest one they make at about 1/4" thick. It doesn't sag under the weight of my Glock 29 in a White Hat IWB holster. It is very stiff, you don't want to step on this thing while it is laying in a loop edge up on the floor. It will probably break your ankle.

I can't tell you if the front will roll under a manly belly as I am still working on mine

As far as printing, I think this is a function of the buckle, the gun's size, the holster and where it is on the belt. I used to carry my G29 appendix IWB but the bulk of the buckle and the gun/holster combo just stuck out there (this is true on my other gun belt as well, a 5.11 friction belt). So I carry it near my hip and printing is disrupted by the presence of my arms and elbows blocking an observer's view.
Old 10-02-2019, 9:07 AM

i have a Klik belt that i really like. the only issue i have is i need to tighten it maybe once or twice during the day as it loosens a bit. i have seen other belts that have velcro and i'm sure that would fix it but i purposely didn't want to use velcro on my edc belt to not draw attention to myself.
Old 10-04-2019, 4:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACfixer View Post
People here really seem to like Hank's.

I got this one from Amazon, it's lasted 2.5 years. Nothing but great reviews and it's served me well.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C297VR6...TF8&th=1&psc=1
Same one i wear everyday... I put on a few #s and the main hole will wear through at some point, If your average weight this belt may last forever? but over all this belt is heavy duty!!!