Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyKX View Post

People can hoard if they want.
Old 03-21-2013, 1:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
I'm suggesting a poll..

1 vote for changing thread title to START.......

I vote the title is changed to STOP HOARDING BEAUTIFUL WOMEN or STOP HOARDING NIB 100% PERFECT OEM BEAUTIFUL WOMEN

You guys are gobbling them all up for yourselves and I can't even find one in this climate!

I want all the NIB 100% Perfect OEM ones boxed up and ready to go at cheap prices. If you have some, I also don't want to pay a premium price for them.

You guys can have the imperfect ones with moles, freckles, handling marks, wear marks, stretch marks and fired condition.

Guns, mags and ammo are plenty easy to find, try finding NIB 100% PERFECT OEM BEAUTIFUL WOMEN in stock anywhere! NRA 99.99% is not good enough. Better come with manual and all paperwork too.
Old 03-21-2013, 1:58 PM

The OP is right! You guys should all stop hoarding and I'll follow your lead.
Old 03-21-2013, 2:05 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple-tap View Post
I vote the title is changed to STOP HOARDING BEAUTIFUL WOMEN or STOP HOARDING NIB 100% PERFECT OEM BEAUTIFUL WOMEN

You guys are gobbling them all up for yourselves and I can't even find one in this climate!

I want all the NIB 100% Perfect OEM ones boxed up and ready to go at cheap prices. If you have some, I also don't want to pay a premium price for them.

You guys can have the imperfect ones with moles, freckles, handling marks, wear marks, stretch marks and fired condition.

Guns, mags and ammo are plenty easy to find, try finding NIB 100% PERFECT OEM BEAUTIFUL WOMEN in stock anywhere! NRA 99.99% is not good enough. Better come with manual and all paperwork too.
You lost me.
Old 03-21-2013, 2:12 PM
YOU are next!!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin r View Post
The OP is right! You guys should all stop hoarding and I'll follow your lead.
You first!
Old 03-21-2013, 2:32 PM

Might just be an illusion, but I think supply is slowly catching up. More ammo seems to be available from more resellers on a daily basis.

As the AWB starts to fade more and more, the "hoarders" will mostly stop buying which will allow the "have nots" to catch up. Hoarders will see the handwriting and unless they are buying from WM, they aren't going to continue to pay top dollar in a declining market. Same is true for opportunists and speculators.

I use the word hoarder very loosely. Stockpiler is ok to. No value judgement intended.

My only point is that IMO, the worst is over.
Old 03-21-2013, 2:37 PM
Calguns Addict

^^^Not for California...

I don't always save the world, but when I do, it's in 24 hours or less...
Old 03-21-2013, 2:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk View Post
^^^Not for California...
Gun enthusiasts will always be under attack in Kali. Just a sad fact of life.
Old 03-21-2013, 3:06 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy'sDad View Post
Gun enthusiasts will always be under attack in Kali. Just a sad fact of life.
Sigh, too true...

Old 03-21-2013, 4:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyson View Post
Obviously historical numbers ain't cuttin it, tell your friend to ramp it up
THIS!

Longbow
Old 03-21-2013, 5:23 PM
Veteran Member

I remember when the recovery began for the last ammo hoard. Either late 2008 or early 2009? I was at Wal*Mart talking to the clerk behind the ammo counter and some fat gas-bag asked if they had any CCI Mini-Mags? The clerk said they did. Immediately the slob belched-out "I'll take every ~!@%^&*()+ box of Mini-Mags you got!" With a complete deadpan face the clerk said "you're going to need an extra shopping cart" -- they were well stocked. He ended up buying 4 boxes.

Hoarders will hoard -- until the thrill is gone...

The right to keep and bear arms comes not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.
Old 03-21-2013, 5:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaLuv View Post
We are our own worst enemy sometimes, many of you might disagree but he's right
You're absolutely right...

Although I suspect ignorant and terrified non-gun owners are also buying whatever they can get their hands on.

There is a story running around the web right now where a non-gun owner went into a shop to buy an AR-15 pattern rifle. None in stock. He then asked to buy some ammo for an AR-15. None in stock. He ended up buying a couple of boxes of 416 Rigby shells -- against the clerk's advice...

The right to keep and bear arms comes not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.
Old 03-21-2013, 5:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy'sDad View Post
Might just be an illusion, but I think supply is slowly catching up. More ammo seems to be available from more resellers on a daily basis.

As the AWB starts to fade more and more, the "hoarders" will mostly stop buying which will allow the "have nots" to catch up. Hoarders will see the handwriting and unless they are buying from WM, they aren't going to continue to pay top dollar in a declining market. Same is true for opportunists and speculators.

I use the word hoarder very loosely. Stockpiler is ok to. No value judgement intended.

My only point is that IMO, the worst is over.
I suspect you're right unless something crazy happens via an executive order or something along those lines...

Old 03-21-2013, 5:36 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocog2181 View Post
Hey Everyone,

Just spoke to one of my friends which of whom works for a reputable ammo manufacturer. Basically, ammo is still being produced in the same numbers as it has historically, however, hoarders are the reason to blame for this "Shortage". People need to refrain from purchasing such large amounts of ammo and storing it as if they are going to go to war. Those people which of whom are hoarding are throwing off and fabricating a shortage that should not exist. Prices are at an all time high and hoarders are promoting this behavior by buying all the ammo they can possibly get their hands on.

This is just a public service announcement to let people know who is really causing this so called shortage. Also, AWB has fallen out of senate and put on the back burner by the democrats. So, no more scare of an AWB for now.

Lets all stop buying everything and let the market settle back down.
LETS STOP BUYING GUNS AND AMMO FOR A YEAR AND SEND THE MONEY TO PRO 2ND AMENDMENT ORGANIZATIONS . THEN SPEND THE TIME YOU WOULD BE SHOOTING WRITING LETTERS TO THE POLITICIANS. THEN SUPPORT $$$ PRO 2ND AMENDMENT POLITICIANS. OTHERWISE YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. I HAVE BEEN FIGHTING THIS CRAP FOR 50 YEARS AND BLAME THE MAJORITY OF THE LAZY IGNORANT GUN OWNERS FOR THE SITUATION WE HAVE BEEN IN ALL THESE YEARS. LETS REALLY TRY TO SAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT . IT IS GETTING TOO LATE.

Last edited by Sunday; 03-21-2013 at 5:39 PM..
Old 03-21-2013, 5:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday View Post
LETS STOP BUYING GUNS AND AMMO FOR A YEAR AND SEND THE MONEY TO PRO 2ND AMENDMENT ORGANIZATIONS . THEN SPEND THE TIME YOU WOULD BE SHOOTING WRITING LETTERS TO THE POLITICIANS. THEN SUPPORT $$$ PRO 2ND AMENDMENT POLITICIANS. OTHERWISE YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. I HAVE BEEN FIGHTING THIS CRAP FOR 50 YEARS AND BLAME THE MAJORITY OF THE LAZY IGNORANT GUN OWNERS FOR THE SITUATION WE HAVE BEEN IN ALL THESE YEARS. LETS REALLY TRY TO SAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT .
Good message, but I think I need a warning next time before you post so I can put on my hearing protection.
Old 03-21-2013, 5:40 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knomad View Post
I completely agree with the OP. I have a minor in economics, and I'm here to tell you that this behavior is irrational and counterproductive. As a collective group, we're acting like a bunch of emotional little kids and we would benefit from taking a deep breath.

Its very simple. If most of us show a little restraint then supply and demand get back in balance after a while, price gouging becomes non productive, and prices stop going up. Kids working at WM stop buying ammo before we even see it because they can no longer resell at a premium.

As for whoever asked if we'd buy and leave some on the shelf, my answer is yes. That's what I did yesterday with 45 acp, and it's what I did last week with 357 sig. I buy only enough to replace what I shoot.

I still have anywhere from 100 to 450 rounds of most calibers I shoot, almost all of it purchased prior to November and supplemented a couple of boxes at a time in an attempt to replace what I've used for practice. I have been forced to cut my practice in half because of the difficulty of finding 9mm, although finally I'm starting to see some again.

Think about it. If you were against guns, what better way than to fabricate false panics and then sit back and laugh as a bunch of grown men run to the store and pay inflated prices for ammo until none is left, while screaming that the sky is falling?
Keep in mind the population you are dealing with is not simply ardent gunners who actually shoot guns on a regular basis. I think people of all shapes and sizes (gun owners and non gun owners alike) are desperately trying to get their hands on ammo. Not because they shoot a lot or because they want a reasonable reserve -- but because they find comfort in hoarding brought on by ignorance driven hysteria.

If I could go to the store right now and buy anything, it would be a few bricks of .22LR. It would allow me to shoot twice monthly matches until Q3 of this year. If ammo isn't widely available by then, the sport is going to get my middle finger and I'll dust off my golf clubs and use my ammo and match fee bucks to pay for green fees until the lunacy ends...

Old 03-21-2013, 5:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
I suspect you're right unless something crazy happens via an executive order or something along those lines...
So very true. Keeping my fingers crossed for the best.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:58 AM
Calguns Addict

Lol, we're so pathetically divided it's a wonder this country still has any gun rights at all...

Old 03-22-2013, 2:40 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocog2181 View Post
Hey Everyone,

Just spoke to one of my friends which of whom works for a reputable ammo manufacturer. Basically, ammo is still being produced in the same numbers as it has historically, however, hoarders are the reason to blame for this "Shortage".
Maybe that's the problem........
Old 03-22-2013, 5:49 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrice6 View Post
Maybe that's the problem........
NO.

The problem is that gun owners keep voting for politicians who want to take their hardware.

As far as I'm concerned, all you "liberal gun owners" got exactly what you asked for in the form of this shortage. You lost the right to wail and moan when you voted "D" on the ballot.

Yank the tigers tail, and be not surprised when you confront the teeth.

The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tleeocinca View Post
You should have stocked up sooner. Stop complaining about it and deal with it. Johnny Come Lately's are going to pay the high cost, or do without. You are asking others to stop hoarding so you can..
^^^^^^^+1
God Bless The USA
Lets Go Brandon!!!
Old 03-22-2013, 10:37 AM
Veteran Member

this thread is hilarious..

Old 03-22-2013, 10:43 AM

Hey OP....really?

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother-- Henry V
Old 03-22-2013, 10:44 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Lol, we're so pathetically divided it's a wonder this country still has any gun rights at all...
Roger that. Great thread here.

The people on calguns is not the problem. It is the guy/gal who is clueless
Old 03-22-2013, 10:45 AM
Banned

Old 03-22-2013, 10:52 AM
Calguns Addict

I got nothing to add.

Just wanted to keep the thread going!
Old 03-22-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcuseMe View Post
This is Marky Mark watching a train car of ammo go by and thinking *I'm glad all those people are only going to buy one box at a time, instead of the max 3. That's just cool*
Old 03-22-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTauron View Post
NO.

The problem is that gun owners keep voting for politicians who want to take their hardware.

As far as I'm concerned, all you "liberal gun owners" got exactly what you asked for in the form of this shortage. You lost the right to wail and moan when you voted "D" on the ballot.

Yank the tigers tail, and be not surprised when you confront the teeth.
You believe the voting process and its system? Remember all those dead people who voted to elect JFK?

No, You lost the right when you accepted this illegitimate corrupt system. Let alone blindly serve to perpetuate it.

Small silver lining in all of this, maybe more people will be introduced to guns with their first panic buy purchase.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNCaliber View Post
this thread is hilarious..
Hmmmm.

I just love the smell of fail.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:15 PM

Hey OP. Want some? I would sell to you but your Itrader is no bueno.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:19 PM

There is no way that the OP is getting half off MSRP. My boss purchases more ammo that probably most people on this board combined for his numerous firearms related businesses.. He does not get 1/2 off MSRP.

So if the OP would care to show me a receipt in his name with the purchase at half off IN BULK (10000 rounds + of not .22) directly from the manufacturer.. Ill be sitting here waiting...
Old 03-22-2013, 12:24 PM
Calguns Addict

OP, if you purchased your ammo at half MSRP, then you must have bought them in BULK. But does this make you a hoarder?

Sent from iPhone
Old 03-22-2013, 12:43 PM

Buy more to keep this thread going........
Old 03-22-2013, 1:13 PM
Still in The Game
CGN Contributor

I buy it whenever it's available. Any and all calibers, the stuff will probably be as good as currency someday.
Old 03-22-2013, 1:16 PM
Calguns Addict

Keep it going....
Old 03-22-2013, 1:19 PM

Buddy of mine was trying to buy the ammo below. Maybe OP bought it at half MSRP

Old 03-22-2013, 6:28 PM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoutxkastx View Post
Hey OP. Want some? I would sell to you but your Itrader is no bueno.

same here
Old 03-22-2013, 7:08 PM
Veteran Member

Rather than actually go hunting or shooting, I think some of the horders draw their blinds, lube up and mount their ammo dumps with visions of .338 Lapua rounds dancing in their brains...

Old 03-22-2013, 7:17 PM
Hold my beer & watch this
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
Rather than actually go hunting or shooting, I think some of the horders draw their blinds, lube up and mount their ammo dumps with visions of .338 Lapua rounds dancing in their brains...
WTF are you talking about?
Old 03-22-2013, 8:06 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure but I think it's working. This afternoon I passed on a case of .223 because I didn't want to hoard anymore. Somehow, some way, I think the gun world is better off because of it, because someone has that case of .223 and is hoarding it instead of me...
Two reasons why you passed on it.

1. Your credit card is taking a beating.

2. Waaaay overpriced.