Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim Air rifles and pistols, AirSoft and Mil Sim Discussion

Old 08-28-2019, 2:52 PM

Default P-Rod Ratting

No pics or videos. But I wanted to offer a quick note for those who are interested in the little Marauder Pistols (aka P-Rod). I picked one up a few weeks ago and have been messing around with it a little. My primary intent was for ratting & pest control. But I may also use it for closer range turkey hunting.

I got my first shot on a rat today at about 6 or 7 yards. Shot was well placed and the pellet stuck in the board behind the rat about 1/8 - 3/16" so plenty of power. This is in stock configuration so roughly 15 fpe at the muzzle. My Hatsan .22 runs around 30 fpe and is definite overkill for rats. Plus it's long & heavy so it's not just something to grab for a quick shot in tight quarters. So this little P-rod may end up being my go-to airgun for pest control. Enough power for little critters but not too much. Small, light and very accurate. For the money, I'm impressed.

I've also used it to take out a few small pest birds. My break barrel .177 runs about 18 fpe and the sound of a pellet hitting them is louder than the report of the gun. Not so with the P-Rod. Maybe it's the lower power or the lower overall speed. But it barely gave an audible thump. Bird just rolled over and the pellet still chipped the cinder block behind it.

Not to make it sound too much like a commercial. But I'm happy. I won't be shooting feral hogs with it or anything. But for what I wanted it for, it's living up to its reputation.

Looking forward to taking it out for turkeys in the Spring.
Old 08-30-2019, 7:42 AM

Congrats on finding a good solution to your testing needs.

Is this the one?
Old 09-03-2019, 9:00 AM

Yep.
Old 09-28-2019, 8:32 AM

They are great little guns that pack a wallup, I have the Mrod rifle in .22, I had a barrel problem so I put a Lother Walther polygon barrel on it, It's my primary rat Lobotomizer, it's pin point accurate with JSB RS 13.43 grn, pesting has become addicting, the Rat's are getting smarter too, if you really want to get more rats, set yourself up a feed station, just 2 planks put together in an "L" and screwed to a fence or a tree, put a Harbor freight Ding Donger motion detector aimed at it and a Red LED light to illuminate it, spread some Peanut butter on the plank and have fun blasting them when they come to dine....... That's how we do it....