Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Bernardino Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 6:37 PM

Default Possible coyote problem

I live in Hesperia and there has been a coyote coming through my yard. I am normally not that concerned but it keeps messing with my neighbors dogs which wakes me up at night and my 4yr old playd outside and I just don't feel like dealing with a possible problem. So I had my wife call animal control to ask if they would put a trap or if it was ok to just kill it. I of course was dismayed at what the person told my wife. We need to keep our animals etc. away from them. It is our responsiblility to basically make the coyote at home on my property because we coexist together. I am just wondering if this person is completely full of it because I am thinking of giving them a piece of my mind as well as there boss and possibly the city council for having a liberal fluff idiot. I only am assuming because I have read about some of the people hunting them etc. and it seemed like they where a nuisance animal and can be hunted year round. Not one protected somehow. So feel free to let me have it if I am wrong. Do I need a license?
Old 05-01-2013, 6:43 PM

well, you moved into their neighborhood, they didn't move into yours, so............

They can be hunted year around. Go get your license and follow him home.
Old 05-01-2013, 8:49 PM

Hunting license is required. The biggest issue I see is hunting within proximity to a structure. Pm inbound. Animal control just doesn't wanna deal with your yote.

Old 05-01-2013, 9:25 PM

I think I was here first been at this house for 19 years. I figured it was animal control just blowin smoke. I might get out the bow and take care of it. I need to see how much the license. I am not big on killin stuff but I like my sleep and it really could be bad if my little kid got bit even though I think it is not likely. Might just give animal control some hell and see if they will do there job.
Old 05-01-2013, 9:57 PM
CGSSA Associate

Call the twig pigs and tell them it went after your kid. See if you can get a de-predation permit to take it out and make sure you're compliant with the laws regarding roads, structures and other ordinances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose Nuggets View Post
5 guys, hot damn thats some good eat'n.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromensch View Post
damn, i duped my own thread...first time i did a poll
Old 05-02-2013, 8:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donmopar View Post
I live in Hesperia and there has been a coyote coming through my yard. I am normally not that concerned but it keeps messing with my neighbors dogs which wakes me up at night and my 4yr old playd outside and I just don't feel like dealing with a possible problem. So I had my wife call animal control to ask if they would put a trap or if it was ok to just kill it. I of course was dismayed at what the person told my wife. We need to keep our animals etc. away from them. It is our responsiblility to basically make the coyote at home on my property because we coexist together. I am just wondering if this person is completely full of it because I am thinking of giving them a piece of my mind as well as there boss and possibly the city council for having a liberal fluff idiot. I only am assuming because I have read about some of the people hunting them etc. and it seemed like they where a nuisance animal and can be hunted year round. Not one protected somehow. So feel free to let me have it if I am wrong. Do I need a license?
I'll come take care of it for you!
Old 05-06-2013, 6:45 PM

I think some one else already took care of it. I was seeing it almost every day and now I have not seen it since my first post. I raked the dirt on the side of the house to see if it comes through again. I do appreciate those who offered to help out thanks