Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more If it locks up, carries, fits on to or cleans up your firearms, discuss it here.

Old 08-25-2019, 12:10 PM
Veteran Member

Question How is the Omnivore holster - Glock 19 and 21 and Beretta PX4 with light?

Does anyone have experience with the Omnivore holster?

I am mainly looking for a holster for my Beretta PX4 with a Streamlight. The Omnivore is supposed to be a multi-fit holster. I would also like to use it with a small frame Glock (19 and17) and a large frame Glock (20 and 21).

In the United States a person's expertise on a subject is inversely proportional to their knowledge of the subject: The less they know about something, the more they become an expert on it.

I am being held hostage in a giant insane asylum called Earth.

Last edited by Carcassonne; 08-25-2019 at 12:16 PM..
Old 10-14-2019, 7:30 PM
Veteran Member

I bought one. It works great. I does exactly what I need it to do.

In the United States a person's expertise on a subject is inversely proportional to their knowledge of the subject: The less they know about something, the more they become an expert on it.

I am being held hostage in a giant insane asylum called Earth.
Old 10-15-2019, 10:01 AM

Good to hear. I was wondering about these myself.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:54 PM

Got the railed and the light bearing version, both work as advertised.

Dan

If you believe in Liberty, you should believe it for everyone, not simply those whom you agree with.
Old 10-19-2019, 4:40 PM
Veteran Member

I have the TLR and X300 versions. Depending on pistol the rear portion behind the trigger is slightly exposed. Nothing can wedge in side while holstered to activate the trigger, so it's safe. The only problem I've had was the part the retention part that interfaces with the light needed to have some leftover kydex filed off due to it not locking the pistol in the holster. Other than that it's just huge compared to other holsters, but similar to other universal light bearing rigs. Overall it's quality is excellent and a great value.
Old 10-26-2019, 6:24 PM

I’ve transitioned to the railed version, it’s been great. 1 belt for almost everything now. It also fits some guns that are not on their list

Old 10-28-2019, 1:33 PM

I had one for the TLR-1, yes it will fit any pistol that the light will fit onto. But this this was a major POS in my opinion.

I really didn't like how i could reach my finger into the holster and pull the trigger. That seemed like way too much space between the gun and holster. The other thing i hated was the "safety feature" if you have any upward pressure (like pulling the pistol straight up) before pressing the button, it locks the gun up and will not come out. Typical Blackhawk fashion if you are familiar with the SERPA holsters.

I sold mine for like 10 bucks to someone who wanted to give it a whirl.