Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Range Cleanups
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Range Cleanups Schedule dates and time to clean up outdoor ranges. If we don't who will?

Old 10-28-2009, 9:03 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaHuNaZ View Post
ah. Tequila... Now that post makes sense
It may make more sense if the OP didn't change first to third. But no one knows which is which anyways..... At least he corrected his mistake rather than covering it up with a lie. I respect that. Like I said, He is not the only one. It's just incredible how many people can't count. That's Ca. schools for ya. When I came to Ca. from Ind. at the age of 12. I was advanced a grade simply because I had already had the classes taught here. Graduated my sophmore year. WTF? Ca needs a rebuild....

Last edited by diginit; 10-28-2009 at 9:20 PM..
Old 10-29-2009, 12:44 AM

Panoche is awesome. I cant wait till the zombie shoot.
Heres a pic of Evollep3 making pumpkin juice after the cleanup.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:52 AM
Veteran Member

nice
Old 11-12-2009, 9:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoBayJoe View Post
The gate numbers don't matter. You know its safe to shoot when you come up on a gate that's riddled with bullet holes!

Overall directions to Panoche are terrible. It's the Shields Road Exit from I5, I don't know why all the directions say Mercy Hot Springs (the exit has a name and Little Panoche Road has a name!). The main road is also called Panoche Access Road. It's in my Navigation and comes up easy when you search for the intersection of Little Panoche Rd and Panoche Access Road.
What happens when some idiot shoots the 1st gate with bullets holes? So yea I think counting the gate number is important. And why all the directions say Mercy Hot Springs is because there is a large 10'x 20" sign that says Mercy Hot Springs next exit. Also the entrance to Panoche is about 100' from Mercy Hot Springs
Old 11-12-2009, 1:44 PM
Veteran Member

I really don't know why people find it so hard to get to; you exit the freeway at shields rd make a right and follow the road till you see the entrance, if you pass it you will see mercy hot springs and know you have gone too far. It really cant get that much easier.
Old 11-20-2009, 9:31 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorb View Post
I really don't know why people find it so hard to get to; you exit the freeway at shields rd make a right and follow the road till you see the entrance, if you pass it you will see mercy hot springs and know you have gone too far. It really cant get that much easier.
No Doubt.... And if someone is shooting at the first gate, They will end up in jail. Mercy Hot Springs is a No Gun Zone.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:53 AM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by diginit View Post
No Doubt.... And if someone is shooting at the first gate, They will end up in jail. Mercy Hot Springs is a No Gun Zone.
Yeah, too bad you can't lounge in the hot tubs while cleaning your guns.

Turby
Old 11-25-2009, 8:44 PM
Veteran Member

Hey Turby, When's the next cleanup? Oh, And ask Bill W. and the other senior members why they never show up for one of these.
It would be extremely inspirational if the founder or board member was going to help.
Old 11-25-2009, 8:55 PM
Veteran Member

Old 11-25-2009, 9:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Hey Turby, When's the next cleanup? Oh, And ask Bill W. and the other senior members why they never show up for one of these.
It would be extremely inspirational if the founder or board member was going to help.
The next "official" one will be in the spring with the rangers, we're going to work on fixing the gate. Who knows, maybe all we need to do is stand there and hold the 300 lb gate for them?

I'll see if we can get wider interest - last time in Oct, not as many people showed up...

Turby
Old 11-25-2009, 10:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
What'chya hidin' from?
Evasion is not my strong suite.
You have to admit. This would be a draw to the cleanup.
If Gene could make it, I'll bet we'd have a hundred CG'ers there.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:28 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: Northern Mexico(San Jose) Where illegals have rights and citizens get screwed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
The next "official" one will be in the spring with the rangers, we're going to work on fixing the gate. Who knows, maybe all we need to do is stand there and hold the 300 lb gate for them?

I'll see if we can get wider interest - last time in Oct, not as many people showed up...

Turby
How bad is the gate? If somebody has a generator with some balls I can bring my little welding machine out there a fix it up. Hey if i'm working and have my new machine we could shoot it when I was done.
The others, well......they just never learn.

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!"
Patrick Henry.
Old 11-26-2009, 1:24 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I will be there, and will likely have Lindz along with. That means she'll probably make some cookies or pies for the crew.

When things get closer and we firm up the event I'm sure other Calguns and Calguns Foundation directors will sign up to attend.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 11-26-2009, 3:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJgunguy24 View Post
How bad is the gate? If somebody has a generator with some balls I can bring my little welding machine out there a fix it up. Hey if i'm working and have my new machine we could shoot it when I was done.
Whoa, you want to shoot up your new machine?

Someone did manage to post pictures of the gate elsewhere, I didn't take pictures of it last time in Oct when we were there.

The gate was off its hinges and was resting in the dirt by the post. Previously it had been thrown down the embankment but I guess the rangers moved it back up to where it was supposed to be. It needs to be re-attached to its hinges. The gate allegedly weighs probably 300 pounds.

The rangers have a plan in mind for a fix, it may involve placing a new gate somewhere or re-attaching the existing gate to its post. I'm not sure which way they'll go.

I'm just glad they're giving us a chance to volunteer to help out, as opposed to throwing up their hands and closing the place down.

Turby
Old 11-26-2009, 10:11 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
Whoa, you want to shoot up your new machine?

Someone did manage to post pictures of the gate elsewhere, I didn't take pictures of it last time in Oct when we were there.

The gate was off its hinges and was resting in the dirt by the post. Previously it had been thrown down the embankment but I guess the rangers moved it back up to where it was supposed to be. It needs to be re-attached to its hinges. The gate allegedly weighs probably 300 pounds.

The rangers have a plan in mind for a fix, it may involve placing a new gate somewhere or re-attaching the existing gate to its post. I'm not sure which way they'll go.

I'm just glad they're giving us a chance to volunteer to help out, as opposed to throwing up their hands and closing the place down.

Turby
I think the rangers where talking about moving the gate which would put the top of the hill off limits for vehicles during the fire season which would be a major PITA.

NRA MEMBER

Originally Posted by ar15barrels
Unscrew the lid. There is a foil seal there.
Pull the seal off and screw the lid back on.
Then you can squeeze the mustard and it will come out of the bottle..

Liberals are termites eating at the foundation of our constitution.
Michael Reagan
Old 11-26-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJgunguy24 View Post
I have a generator. Let me know when you want to do it. Is 3K watts enough?
Old 11-26-2009, 2:48 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
What'chya hidin' from?
Evasion is not my strong suite.
You have to admit. This would be a draw to the cleanup.
If Gene could make it, I'll bet we'd have a hundred CG'ers there.
Your post didn't seem as much like an invitation as calling them out, I guess I was wrong. I do agree it would be great to have them come, they're great guys, at least the ones I've met. But they also have many prior commitments to not only their personal lives but also fighting for our RKBA.
Old 11-26-2009, 6:12 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Your post didn't seem as much like an invitation as calling them out, I guess I was wrong. I do agree it would be great to have them come, they're great guys, at least the ones I've met. But they also have many prior commitments to not only their personal lives but also fighting for our RKBA.
Here Bill, Here Kestrel, Come'on boys.... I don't think so...
But I would like to see Bill shoot a pound of Tannerite. I'm pretty sure he'd love it. I have a few Lbs waiting....
I've met Bill a couple times. Seems like a nice guy and I like him. Other than the T. thing, I've only seen him mistaken once, But he never posted a reply to that post. I wonder if he is as stubborn as I. Or just thinks we'll all forget.
Tannerite has been a major draw to the Panoche cleanups for a few years. Now it seems we need another. I've always wanted to meet Hoffmang and Kestrel anyways. I know alot of CG'ers would be honored if one or both of them showed up. Including myself. But I realize they all have alot of other things to take care of.

HAPPY SPANKSGIVING!

Last edited by diginit; 11-26-2009 at 6:19 PM.. Reason: Sorry, Spanking is against the law too.
Old 11-26-2009, 6:16 PM
Veteran Member

I thought people came just to meet me
Old 11-26-2009, 7:14 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I thought people came just to meet me
You're going to be there? COOL!
As soon as you put that four letter word, (work), into the post, Most back out. But lots show up to shoot Tannerite! Even if they have to clean up for a whole hour.

Last edited by diginit; 11-26-2009 at 7:18 PM.. Reason: stil can't spelllll
Old 11-26-2009, 10:28 PM

I'll try and make it out for spring clean up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpach View Post
Just do what M Sage and others have said to do, they know what theyr talkin about. Just dont urinate in your barrel and expect ur rifle to be ok. My buddy and I recently went shooting and he shot corrosive yugo ammo through his Mosin and figured he could just piss in the barrel and call it a day. Several days later the bolt was rusted shut but I guess the fouling wasnt TOO bad.
Old 12-07-2009, 7:27 PM
Veteran Member

im definately down for the clean up i went last time but you guys were no where to be found
Old 12-08-2009, 5:26 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollep3 View Post
im definately down for the clean up i went last time but you guys were no where to be found

That's because you came in the afternoon........ Hell the clean up takes place in the morning before we start to shoot.

NRA MEMBER

Originally Posted by ar15barrels
Unscrew the lid. There is a foil seal there.
Pull the seal off and screw the lid back on.
Then you can squeeze the mustard and it will come out of the bottle..

Liberals are termites eating at the foundation of our constitution.
Michael Reagan
Old 12-09-2009, 9:36 AM

so how does a first time panoche visitor (such as myself) go about getting into there if the rangers ended up fixing the gate by now? I used to go to the Beryessa BLM quite frequently before it was kaputed, and would like to visit panoche to do some shooting. and believe me every time I keave there my truck bed will be full of collected litter and junk ... mine or otherwise. But my main question is - how to get in. Is the gate (if it's still standing) unlocked during non-fire season?
Old 12-09-2009, 10:30 AM

Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshik View Post
Is the gate (if it's still standing) unlocked during non-fire season?
More regimes have been brought, piecemeal, to their knees by what was once called “Irish Democracy”—the silent, dogged resistance, withdrawal, and truculence of millions of ordinary people—than by revolutionary vanguards or rioting mobs.
Old 12-09-2009, 1:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshik View Post
so how does a first time panoche visitor (such as myself) go about getting into there if the rangers ended up fixing the gate by now? I used to go to the Beryessa BLM quite frequently before it was kaputed, and would like to visit panoche to do some shooting. and believe me every time I keave there my truck bed will be full of collected litter and junk ... mine or otherwise. But my main question is - how to get in. Is the gate (if it's still standing) unlocked during non-fire season?
you cant get in don't research panoche anymore!!!

J/K the gate will be unlocked for a few more months. you have to drive through 2 gates to get onto BLM land and the 3rd is the one locked during fire season.