Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 08-04-2017, 9:37 PM

Op asks for no discussion regarding the pros and cons of registering... OP puts it as the first line, and in bold...

A mod then comes in and threatens permabanning anyone who trolls or discusses pros and cons of registering in this thread.

People continue anyways...

Mods, feel free to lock this one up. If anyone is genuinely interested in the process or have any additional questions for how I went through it, feel free to PM me.

It just amazes me how many people are against complying now but we're nowhere to be found when the first assault weapons ban took place.. or the NFA, or ten day wait, or handgun roster.

Money talks and Bull sh*t walks. No one here is ballsy enough to challenge the old laws that infringe but feel so strongly to challenge the new ones. By the way people talk, they are ready to fight and die for their right to own them.

Here's a scenario... you are right, they now want to confiscate firearms, have a list and are using every database they can to help identify every gun owner and ever firearm for confiscation. The tap into every dros ever submitted, the aw registry, every ccw application ever submitted, every firearm safety card or handgun safety card ever issued, and every hunting license ever issued.

They show up at your house in full swat gear and tell you they are here for your guns... you can either tell them to eff off and find it themselves, hand them all your guns, or point a gun back and tell them "come and take it"

Are your guns really worth being killed for? Not to me. I will live to fight another day. But honestly if anyone is willing to fight and risk being shot at for the ability and right to keep and bear arms.. they should really start by moving first, as the cost of moving is way less than the cost of giving up your life for your rights.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:03 PM

Tracking
Old 08-04-2017, 10:36 PM

This is interesting... none of the photos required require the serial number to be in the photo?

Interesting indeed.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:41 PM

For my 80% ar pistol build, all i need to do is engrave my lower to meet the law and i can use this same registration process for my completed 80% ar pistol build right? And I can also leave the handguard on?
Old 08-04-2017, 10:46 PM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run300Blackout View Post
For my 80% ar pistol build, all i need to do is engrave my lower to meet the law and i can use this same registration process for my completed 80% ar pistol build right? And I can also leave the handguard on?
If you completed it during a legal period, then yes. I think they made some of that illegal before 2016, with the SSE thing? Better to ask on the pistol forum about that.

But theoretically you have to submit to a process where you ask the DOJ for a serial, when you get it you then have to engrave it on the gun along with other things they specify in the regs. Then they will allow registration.

But hold your horses, because the word is still not out about whther they will allow owner serials or vol reg serials to be used in place of a DOJ serial. We are all waiting for word on that one, some have called and the DOJ reps have said they do not know yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 08-05-2017, 12:13 AM
Calguns Addict

Thanks for sharing your experience in this matter, very helpful info.

The one thing I could never understand is why people think(not directing this to you OP) you can remove the BB after registering. The fact that DOJ wants a pic of the BB leads me to believe it's a feature of the gun they expect to remain there.
Old 08-05-2017, 12:18 AM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormvet View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience in this matter, very helpful info.

The one thing I could never understand is why people think(not directing this to you OP) you can remove the BB after registering. The fact that DOJ wants a pic of the BB leads me to believe it's a feature of the gun they expect to remain there.
Because it's not in the law and is at best an underground regulation and worst an underground law. I agree it's foolhardy to think it can fly off with no consequences after but take the long game into account and it could be brought down by litigation when our friends start taking apart their insane reasoning for why it needs to be kept on.

Warning: don't read that letter with a mouthful of 100 year old brandy or it's going to be wasted as you spray it across the room trying to comprehend that level of mind numbing dribble.
Quote:
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 08-05-2017, 4:41 AM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I saw someone posted that they were not going to joint register a firearm because they didnt live with that person. Do you have to live in the same household to joint register?

Edit - found it...
5474.1. Registration of Assault Weapons Pursuant to Penal Code Section 30900(b)(1); Joint Registration of Assault Weapons
(a) If a firearm will be jointly registered, one family member must be identified as the primary registrant.and the The name and relationship of each joint registrant must be provided. Joint registrants must reside in the same household and share the same address.

Last edited by Lazyme; 08-05-2017 at 5:28 AM.. Reason: Found code
Old 08-05-2017, 6:20 AM
Janitors assistant

Once again if you dont want a temp ban dont post off topic drivel.
Old 08-05-2017, 6:46 AM
Honorary MLC
CGN Contributor

Heck, I think I'm gonna take some time in the next week or two and do a couple just to see how the process is.
Old 08-05-2017, 7:02 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Anyone have an idea if I can register mine using a NV residence address? I still have a house in CA and bought most of my AW's in CA. Some are still kept in CA as I intend to work in the state until retirement.

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Old 08-05-2017, 8:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy93 View Post
If you have any additional firearms to register, the left hand side has a menu and you can click on the AW registration form again and start all over.

20 firearms cost me $15
Will the system charge you an extra $15 if you submit additional firearms to register? Or is $15 the flat rate for each individual account to register?
So example is.. you just registered 20 firearms, then 1 week later decided to register 5 more, so you will be charged another $15??
Old 08-05-2017, 8:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyteddy View Post
Will the system charge you an extra $15 if you submit additional firearms to register? Or is $15 the flat rate for each individual account to register?
So example is.. you just registered 20 firearms, then 1 week later decided to register 5 more, so you will be charged another $15??
It's $15 per transaction.. supposedly you can queue the transaction until later but i didn't want to risk losing the time and effort of entering information 20 times.
Old 08-05-2017, 8:44 AM

Quote:
It's $15 per transaction.. supposedly you can queue the transaction until later but i didn't want to risk losing the time and effort of entering information 20 times.
Okay, so for those of us with multiple firearms that choose to register, its more cost efficient to registered all in one sitting/transaction.

Oh BTW, DOJ website is having issues again this morning.
Old 08-05-2017, 9:53 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by icyteddy View Post
Okay, so for those of us with multiple firearms that choose to register, its more cost efficient to registered all in one sitting/transaction.

That should be against their original proposal; while I have no plans to commit to this in any way, this issue of having to pay the fee 'per application transaction' could easily be resolved in how the state, IRS, TurboTax, testing, licensing, or most any other form-submission processing websites allow you to 'suspense' your application transaction to return to completing it at later date or add information.

That should be a provision; there is no reason not to allow for that.

There is no need for this software to force users to complete their application transaction in one sitting. That's just robbery, wherein the entire process should be all inclusive no matter how many guns you decide to pre-gift to the State in their scheme.

And once you are a registered subject, they should now have an accountable record of your attachment to the plow, that you can return at a later time under your tracking "account" to add firearms at no extra cost - because you already paid the loss-of-liberty fee.

What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?

Last edited by The Gleam; 08-05-2017 at 10:29 AM..
Old 08-05-2017, 10:06 AM

It is not $15 per application. It is $15 per transaction.. I did 20 applications in my one transaction.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:09 AM

Default Hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazed_SS View Post
Actually that's what's crazy right now. As far as the penal code definition of AW goes, there is no distinction between a so called BB AW and an AW with normal mag release.

Its really for for purposes if this registration that they're making a distinction because they don't want to be responsible for actually creating a bajillion fully functional ARs.
And if so, are all those people who registered their AW's back in 2000 going to have to re-register them with a BB??
Old 08-05-2017, 10:20 AM

can one of you guys please register an AR, then make it featureless and deregister, then post the result? I'd like to see so somebody be the guinea pig on that to see how it goes.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:23 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
It is not $15 per application. It is $15 per transaction.. I did 20 applications in my one transaction.
OK - change my use of the word application to "transaction" - same 'applies'.

You should be able to suspend the transaction and return to it at a later time to 'submit' - because submission is the key word here.
What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?
Old 08-05-2017, 10:35 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks to the OP for this thread.

I just registered 2 rifles and 1 pistol this morning.

The pistol is a home build from several years back. However I just recently did a pistol VolReg and received the approval that it was added to the DOJ's Automated Firearms System. So today I went ahead and did the assault weapon registration also.

The form includes a "self-built" option in one of the drop-downs. And under manufacturer you need to choose "U S" as has been pointed out in previous threads on doing a VolReg. (I forget what the "U S" stands for but it is the correct manufacturer choice for home builds.)
Old 08-05-2017, 10:42 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducitis View Post
comes next year, they decide that all these are un-realistic and or the court decides against it.

but you already registered your rifle(s) - that would be the irony

i probably suggest doing things last minute, but thats just me
What's also likely is the DOJ will lose the "you cannot remove the bullet button" battle. And all those that registered will be able to go fully featured normal mag release.

Or maybe not. But all the arguments against registering are silly. Hedge your bets folks. Register some, and don't register some others. What? You don't have a gigantic pile of lowers laying around by now? If not, you've got no excuse for that. At prices around 50 bucks a piece, for the last 10 years, you should have been hording them.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gleam View Post
OK - change my use of the word application to "transaction" - same 'applies'.

You should be able to suspend the transaction and return to it at a later time to 'submit' - because submission is the key word here.
MIT supposedly says you can queue them to complete your transaction at a later time so you don't have to pay additional fees. I just personally didn't want to risk it since I had already I putted 20 applications and didn't want to risk losing that should their system go down or if t can only be queued as long as you are logged in.. I didn't get far enough to test it but supposedly you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudCamper View Post
Thanks to the OP for this thread.

I just registered 2 rifles and 1 pistol this morning.

The pistol is a home build from several years back. However I just recently did a pistol VolReg and received the approval that it was added to the DOJ's Automated Firearms System. So today I went ahead and did the assault weapon registration also.

The form includes a "self-built" option in one of the drop-downs. And under manufacturer you need to choose "U S" as has been pointed out in previous threads on doing a VolReg. (I forget what the "U S" stands for but it is the correct manufacturer choice for home builds.)
Appreciate it! So the ar pistol home build you did, was that one of the vol regd guns? Please post your results when you get them.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:58 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Appreciate it! So the ar pistol home build you did, was that one of the vol regd guns? Please post your results when you get them.
Yes the AR pistol I just submitted for assault weapon registration has already been successfully VolReged as a pistol. And yes I will report back whether I am approved or denied, or if guys in ski masks armed with sub-machine guns and flash-bangs pay me a visit in the night.
Old 08-05-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Yea, after you click "final submit" it has a receipt page and you can print a copy for yourself
Thanks. Is this receipt page just an acknowledgement of the submission, or does it actually mean the registration is approved (vs denied)?
Old 08-05-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Yes the AR pistol I just submitted for assault weapon registration has already been successfully VolReged as a pistol. And yes I will report back whether I am approved or denied, or if guys in ski masks armed with sub-machine guns and flash-bangs pay me a visit in the night.
Thanks for sharing! By "home build" pistol I suppose you meant it's built from 80% lower? Did you feel that your volreg helped? In other words is volreg required? I'm assuming you are using the self-assigned S/N?
Old 08-05-2017, 12:34 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlist View Post
Thanks. Is this receipt page just an acknowledgement of the submission, or does it actually mean the registration is approved (vs denied)?

It just means you have submitted your info. Nothing is approved or anything
.. I mentioned before that once you have paid, it will show "in progress" for your submissions.

If I had to guess, there are a few different statuses. We'll see.. I'll let you know if/when the status on my submissions changes.
Old 08-05-2017, 12:53 PM
小さな女性

Quote:
This is not a debate of whether it is a good idea to register or not so please don't talk about it!!!

This is only to help people understand the system if and when they plan on registering.

Ok so today is the first day registration is available, and I had been prepared before hand with photos and acquisition info all ready to save some time. I have also already had a CFARS account made for other applications.

I have a total of 28 firearms I planned on registering. 20 of them were bought firearms, the last 8 are all built from 80%ers.

I still have a few other AR rifles that I am not registering.

I started at 5:30pm

My login credentials did not work because my password expired(expires every few months). So once I updated my password I was logged in and ready to go.

Once logged in, there was no option to register, so I clicked on the CRIS link and on the left hand side it showed an option for AW registration.

Went through the form and it was pretty self explanatory.

Name and info already pREFILLED, just verify... NEXT

Do you have an AWR(assault weapon registration number)? Don't know what this is. It I imagine it's for people who have to resubmit due to error or after they receive a serial number for their home built guns. SKIP

IS THE FIREARM SELF BUILT? Yes or no

Do you intend to joint register? Yes or no (selecting yes opens new info fields of joint registrant)

Firearm type
Make
Model
Caliber
Firearm color
Barrel length
Barrel length measurement units (inch or centimeters)
Serial number
Re enter serial number (no copy paste allowed)
Other number SKIP
FIREARM COUNTRY OF ORIGIN (USA)
Date acquired
Acquired from (dealer, private party, family member, etc)
Name and address of where you acquired firearm
Comments

Then for the photos...

Link to add documents

Then it asks you what file type and gives a drop down menu of what the photo is supposed to depict.. (left side of receiver, ride side of receiver, bullet button, entire firearm, etc)

You can uploaded one photo at a time but need to do all 4 photos before hitting "back" or "done"

Once done uploading it returns you to the form, scroll to the top and have to accept their privacy notice, scroll down back to the firearm info and wait for category field to reappear (for some reason it disappears) otherwise when u click submit it will give you an error.

Once done, click preview at the bottom and it redirects you to a page that allows you to review your submission.. then click accept, and submit final.

Once you submit it will bring you to the receipt page.. you can print yoUr receipt at this page. If you have any additional firearms to register, the left hand side has a menu and you can click on the AW registration form again and start all over.

You will see your cart go up one number for each form you submit. Once done, you can view your cart, review, then checkout..

20 firearms cost me $15

Email receipt after payment submitted
Finished 8:45 PM

Now I still have 8 more firearms I plan on registering, they just were not ready like the last ones. They are also home builds, so I decided to submit these first and see if the DOJ sends them back or clarifying what they want if I did something wrong... whoever I have to resubmit can go on the next batch with the homebuilt guns making sure I do everything right the second time.

Hope this is helpful, and remember, this isn't a discussion thread as to whether it's a good idea or not, rather just to help someone going through the system. Good luck
Couple of questions if you don't mind. Did you try to copy and paste common info into the fields and did it work? Did you take the pics ahead of time knowing what exact parameters were required? If I was to do this which isn't a debate in this thread, I am wondering if I can prepare all the info offline, then copy and paste everything into their tabs. I would do this by registering one rifle to get all the required info from them and apply that to the rest. I have over 50 to register if I choose to go this way. It took you over three hours, but you didn't mention if you took the photos on the spot as you were entering the information required. Thanks in advance.

Perhaps you answered these questions later in the thread, but I haven't read every post at this moment.
Quote:
Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program.
-Milton Friedman

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/signaturepics/sigpic164573_1.gif
Old 08-05-2017, 1:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meno377 View Post
Couple of questions if you don't mind. Did you try to copy and paste common info into the fields and did it work? Did you take the pics ahead of time knowing what exact parameters were required? If I was to do this which isn't a debate in this thread, I am wondering if I can prepare all the info offline, then copy and paste everything into their tabs. I would do this by registering one rifle to get all the required info from them and apply that to the rest. I have over 50 to register if I choose to go this way. It took you over three hours, but you didn't mention if you took the photos on the spot as you were entering the information required. Thanks in advance.

Perhaps you answered these questions later in the thread, but I haven't read every post at this moment.
Hey as mentioned earlier, I had all the info and photos ready to go beforehand.

I took the photos based on what I interpreted the pending regulations meant. And since they regs were approved, nothing xhanes that requires different photos in my opinion. We shall see if they are acceptable after they process them.

As for the copy past.. everything is able to be pasted into all fields EXCEPT the re-enter serial number field.. they want you to type that one in (my guess is so you can double check and make sure you typed it in correctly.

9 of my rifles were sequential so I was able to copy and past it into the first serial number field and change one number, but I had to retype the serial number again for the re-enter serial number box.

I was also able to copy and past the acquired from address since all 20 of my firearms came from the same ffl
Old 08-05-2017, 1:15 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlist View Post
Thanks for sharing! By "home build" pistol I suppose you meant it's built from 80% lower? Did you feel that your volreg helped? In other words is volreg required? I'm assuming you are using the self-assigned S/N?
Yes it was an AR pistol built from an 80% lower.

Did the VolReg help? I don't know yet. Do I feel that it will? Yes, probably. My pistol is technically exempt from the "ghost gun" law now that it's in the AFS. So I see no reason for them to deny the assault weapon reg now.

But if DOJ were smart, they'd figure out a way to let most folks just do the assault weapon registration at the same time as any "ghost gun" requirements. The OP is waiting to hear back on that...
Old 08-05-2017, 1:25 PM
小さな女性

Quote:
Hey as mentioned earlier, I had all the info and photos ready to go beforehand.

I took the photos based on what I interpreted the pending regulations meant. And since they regs were approved, nothing xhanes that requires different photos in my opinion. We shall see if they are acceptable after they process them.

As for the copy past.. everything is able to be pasted into all fields EXCEPT the re-enter serial number field.. they want you to type that one in (my guess is so you can double check and make sure you typed it in correctly.

9 of my rifles were sequential so I was able to copy and past it into the first serial number field and change one number, but I had to retype the serial number again for the re-enter serial number box.

I was also able to copy and past the acquired from address since all 20 of my firearms came from the same ffl
Thanks for that. Appreciated.
Quote:
Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program.
-Milton Friedman

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/signaturepics/sigpic164573_1.gif
Old 08-05-2017, 1:57 PM

Also curious about joint registration -- incase someone does this.

Long story short, I date and live with an (awesome) liberal who has no desire to own firearms. After putting up with my "you aught to check out how unfairly the CA gun community is treated by our state government" discussions while she attended law school, shes starting to take notice (and she just passed the ca bar!).

She's concerned that the state is forcing her to be a gun owner, against her will, if she chooses to continue living with me.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Old 08-05-2017, 2:55 PM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear58 View Post

Long story short, I date and live with an (awesome) liberal who has no desire to own firearms. After putting up with my "you aught to check out how unfairly the CA gun community is treated by our state government" discussions while she attended law school, shes starting to take notice (and she just passed the ca bar!).

She's concerned that the state is forcing her to be a gun owner, against her will, if she chooses to continue living with me.

Not sure how that works, are you saying if she is living with you in your apartment she needs to joint register? What are the rules for registration for those living in other peoples domiciles?

Conversely, if I lived with someone else and wanted to register, does the owner of that domicile need to joint register?
Quote:

Old 08-05-2017, 3:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear58 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
Not sure how that works, are you saying if she is living with you in your apartment she needs to joint register? What are the rules for registration for those living in other peoples domiciles?

Conversely, if I lived with someone else and wanted to register, does the owner of that domicile need to joint register?
Joint registration is only allowed for IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBERS that share the same residence and have a Firearm safety card. Notice I said allowed and is not mandatory at all. The purpose of this is to avoid destruction when you die and to allow your spouse and children to use your AW when lending is otherwise illegal since it is an AW.

If anyone is planning on joint registering, the joint registrant would be required to upload photos of proof of residence and their FSC

Hope that clears it up.
Old 08-05-2017, 3:15 PM

Anyone else afraid of submitting photos only to find out they accidentally sent proof of an illegal firearm to a law enforcement agency?

In my backdrop there is a little printed sign basically saying I do not waive my 5th amendment right against self incrimination by submitting this photo.

That way if they try, atleast il have an argument to suppress any evidence I can.
Old 08-05-2017, 5:57 PM

Quote:

Did the VolReg help? I don't know yet. Do I feel that it will? Yes, probably. My pistol is technically exempt from the "ghost gun" law now that it's in the AFS. So I see no reason for them to deny the assault weapon reg now.

But if DOJ were smart, they'd figure out a way to let most folks just do the assault weapon registration at the same time as any "ghost gun" requirements. The OP is waiting to hear back on that...
Appreciate the input. Please report back when you get your approval. I'd like to know two things:
1. if they accept self-assigned S/Ns from 80% builds
2. anything special about 80% AR pistol
Old 08-05-2017, 8:31 PM

OP, did you submit them all at once, or it allowed you to submit some then take a break?
Old 08-05-2017, 11:09 PM

Quote:

For my completed 80% AR pistol that was built in 2014, I will need to have the lower engraved to meet the law and then apply for VolReg and then register on CFARS?
Old 08-05-2017, 11:14 PM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

Quote:
For my completed 80% AR pistol that was built in 2014, I will need to have the lower engraved to meet the law and then apply for VolReg and then register on CFARS?
You don't need to volreg, just go through the process for a DOJ unique serial, but before you go down that road wait. Caliguy and myself have inquires into the DOJ about if they will accept our own serials that are already engraved, as in engraved pre 2016. Is your pistol engraved yet?

If not, then check out the form and process in the regs. I can post it up here if you can't find it.
Quote:

Old 08-06-2017, 1:13 AM

My pistol lower havent been engraved it. I was actually planning to get it engraved at a gun shop in the OC right off the 22 to comply with AB857 but was turned away as the lower had a pistol grip and a BB and was told what i have there is illegal and is an assault weapon and he would not accept it and that if i was to be pulled over i would go to jail for a long time. Im just trying to do whats necessary to legally own my home built ar pistol. Thank you discogodfather for replying to my questions i really appreciate it. So what is this form that you mention to check out?
Old 08-06-2017, 1:33 AM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

Quote:
My pistol lower havent been engraved it. I was actually planning to get it engraved at a gun shop in the OC right off the 22 to comply with AB857 but was turned away as the lower had a pistol grip and a BB and was told what i have there is illegal and is an assault weapon and he would not accept it and that if i was to be pulled over i would go to jail for a long time. Im just trying to do whats necessary to legally own my home built ar pistol. Thank you discogodfather for replying to my questions i really appreciate it. So what is this form that you mention to check out?
Apparently the entire process starts by emailing

dojserialnumbe@doj.ca.Gov

They get some kind of process going and you fill out this form:

Form PDF

If you are worried about finding someone who can do this work, your not alone. Basically, they say in their disclaimer that you can go and try and find an FFL 07 to do it, but they are under no obligation to do it. They then say you can take it to a regular engraver, but be careful and don't commit a felony by leaving it there or not telling the dude he is engraving an assault weapon.

It's a complete farce. I know of no FFL 07 willing or even able legally to do this. If they insist on this being the case, and they cannot just take whats already engraved on the firearm that I engraved myself, then I will make sure I document how it is IMPOSSIBLE to find someone to do the work legally. I think this is going to be very important to future lawsuits when I am denied my application because no one can do the work they mandate to be carried out.

Once again, this form is NOT YET ADOPTED so don't fill it out and don't do anything yet, don't email them other than to ask when this silliness is supposed to happen.

Hopefully, they are realizing now that it is all BS and they can't possibly imagine that anyone actually can do what they mandate. They would be wise to simply allow existing serials to be processed.

Otherwise, I am going to create a thread and gather as many people as I can together who are in the same boat and we are going to contact Michel & Associates and offer the information we all have regarding how it is impossible to meet the standards and that all our applications are being rejected.
Quote: