Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more If it locks up, carries, fits on to or cleans up your firearms, discuss it here.

Old 11-17-2015, 9:07 PM
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermosabeach View Post
Home Depot has a Black Friday sale on electronic muffs with a 25 dB rating, radio and MP3 input for $27
25 and you're going to want to wear foamies or the "ribbed" plugs under them at an indoor range.

That's not totally a bad thing... turning up the volume allows you to have a normal conversation with the plugs in and muffs on.

Outdoors? You'll be okay with 25 unless you've got a good comp on the AR or the guy next to you is shooting a 500mag (had that happen at Redlands)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 11-19-2015, 2:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddbot View Post
I wear these with plugs in.

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Tactical-El...WGDTX3TX55G53G

Does anyone have recommendations for eye protection that doesn't compromise muff seal?

Looking at these after pointerman's mention of them.

http://www.amazon.com/ESS-Eyewear-Cr.../dp/B004D60S86
The ESS I mentioned are really flat and work great. You can't wear them without muffs on because they slide off your head if you bend over or move your head too quickly. They are definitely designed for one purpose. Great eye protection (easy to change out to different colored lenses) for wearing with ear muffs.
Old 12-02-2015, 2:18 PM
Administrator

Just grabbed this one and made it a sticky with a new title.

Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

- Marcus Aurelius
Ann Althouse: “Begin with the hypothesis that what they did is what they wanted to do. If they postured that they wanted to do something else, regard that as a con. Work from there. The world will make much more sense.”

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 01-07-2016, 8:06 PM
Calguns Addict

If you like your custom molded ear plugs, I think the best solution is a pair of custom mold plugs that incorporate electronics. ESP America and E.A.R. Inc are a couple of options for this type of product. If you have any questions, let me know. I'm an E.A.R. Inc provider and I do custom molds for many of their customers who need to get fitted.

American Marksman Training Group
Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page
Diamond Bar CCW Facebook Page

NRA Memberships at Discounted fee
Old 01-12-2016, 11:32 PM
Veteran Member

I wanted to upgrade my Peltor standard ear protection to an electronic one so decided to buy the Pro Ears Predator Gold. I think I have a fat head because these are squeezing my brains out. They feel comfortable but too tight. Any way to adjust the tension or maybe take a hairdryer and heat the plastic to see if it will reshape a little? Don't want to damage these but if there is no fix, I will either have to return them or sell them in the Marketplace. Your help is much appreciated.

Last edited by Litespeeds; 02-19-2016 at 7:57 AM..
Old 01-26-2016, 6:41 AM

http://www.amazon.com/Ruger-Conix-El.../dp/B00TY420G0

Anyone have any experience with these? NRR is pretty high at that price point.
Old 01-26-2016, 7:22 AM

I have a pair of Sordin Supreme Pro IV with gel earseals and love em'. I can wear them all day. Some serious coin, but worth every penny. Here's a interesting article on electronic ear muffs. Good read.

https://trevoronthetrigger.wordpress...rr18db-rating/
Old 01-26-2016, 7:28 AM

Cool

Killer Bee-

Brand, model, and a couple of sellers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
I wore these as an RSO/OIC, line coach, shooter, etc.. fit nicely under headgear like helmets, hats, etc..

just switch the cups around so the mic's face the appropriate direction [direction range commands or shooter feedback will be coming from]

for high noise level shooting such as crew served, indoor, etc. just double up..

keep fresh batteries available in your bag - snap your fingers behind each mic for function check before approaching hot line..

six years after retiring, I still use these in my recreational shooting today

agreed..
Old 02-18-2016, 11:57 AM

Default No is reduction and hearing aids

Any one know off a good electronic ear muff that will allow someone that ware hearing aids to be able to understand range commands.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friesland View Post
Killer Bee-

Says Peltor on the side; looks like these: http://www.peltorhearingprotection.o...ing-protector/

Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

- Marcus Aurelius
Ann Althouse: “Begin with the hypothesis that what they did is what they wanted to do. If they postured that they wanted to do something else, regard that as a con. Work from there. The world will make much more sense.”

Old 02-18-2016, 9:15 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by armor2111 View Post
Any one know off a good electronic ear muff that will allow someone that ware hearing aids to be able to understand range commands.
I'm not sure if you are asking for a recommendation of a replacement for your hearing aids...can we assume a behind the ear style...or a pair that would go over your hearing aids.

If it is the latter, I recently found that the 3M Peltor Tactical Sport Earmuff had larger muffs that will fit over my hearing aid. When used in conjunction with the 3M Peltor Camelback Gel Sealing Rings (HY80) they are very comfortable and seal very well
Old 02-19-2016, 7:55 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
You might want to check out Earinc as they do not just hearing protection products for the shooting sports but actually work with audiologists and make products for those with hearing problems.

American Marksman Training Group
Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page
Diamond Bar CCW Facebook Page

NRA Memberships at Discounted fee
Old 02-19-2016, 9:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friesland View Post
Killer Bee-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
Says Peltor on the side; looks like these: http://www.peltorhearingprotection.o...ing-protector/
sorry for the late reply.. Librarian got it though, thank you..

not sure how many sub models or variations there are but my records indicate I bought these from Cabela's in 2006;
2 of 22-2686 Peltor Tactical 6 Hearing Device with Backband @ $69.99 each
Shipped-06/30/06

and it appears they don't carry them any longer however both of mine are still working great 10 years later after serving their first 3 years in the .mil including deployment overseas..

Customer Reviews for PELTOR Peltor Tactical 6 Hearing Device with Backband 4 out of 5 (149 Reviews)

I reckon similar cups with different headband;
Customer Reviews for PELTOR Peltor Tactical 6 Stereo Long Ear Hearing Device 4 out of 5 (243 Reviews)

good luck and happy friday
Old 03-11-2016, 8:54 PM
Administrator

Just adding articles as I come across them ...

https://trevoronthetrigger.wordpress...ronic-ear-pro/
Quote:
The majority of those inquiries can be summarized into three questions:

What do you get when you spend more?
What are the trade-offs between large, mid, and slim ear cup sizes?
What features really matter when I’m shopping for electronic ear-pro?
Here's his review of the MSA Sordins - https://trevoronthetrigger.wordpress...ng-protectors/, and his discussion of why NRR is not necessarily the 'figure of merit' https://trevoronthetrigger.wordpress...rr18db-rating/ (which kind of looks familiar ...)

- Marcus Aurelius

Last edited by Librarian; 03-11-2016 at 9:02 PM..
Old 03-12-2016, 8:55 AM

One thing missing from this thread is active noise-cancelling. Back when I was flying I found active noise-cancelling combined with a passive NRR of about 30 worked well in the cockpit of my 1965 Mooney.
Old 04-04-2016, 9:45 AM
Banned

I bought a pair of the Impact Sport muffs about 6 months ago and I have to say I'm perturbed by the overwhelmingly positive reviews of them.

They are just "ok." The level of hearing protection they offer is not suitable for range use in my eyes (or ears if you will). They are next to useless for me at an indoor range, and my hearing will ring at the end of a day at the outdoor range.

I use them primarily for hunting, sound amplification and comfort level is nice, and it takes enough of the edge off the dozen or less shots I may make while hunting.
Old 06-10-2016, 1:11 AM

Default Electronic hearing protection

Quote:
As a hunter and a shooter, I use sonic valve earplug rather than earmuffs or solid earplugs. They help to reduce noise hangover from loud sound. It was about $255 when I bought it. But don't know whether this product is recommended for continual gun fire.
Old 06-10-2016, 7:40 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph24 View Post
As a hunter and a shooter, I use sonic valve earplug rather than earmuffs or solid earplugs. They help to reduce noise hangover from loud sound. It was about $255 when I bought it. But don't know whether this product is recommended for continual gun fire.
Looks nice... Given my hearing loss I'd even consider one of their top end units, but it looks like they are in Canada.
Do they affiliate with local audiologists or hopefully Kaiser?

Quote:
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 06-10-2016, 7:43 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph24 View Post
I'd loose those rather quickly (as in getting lost.)
Old 06-10-2016, 9:00 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
I'd loose those rather quickly (as in getting lost.)
I really like my Ghost Stryke from Sport Ear, but the foam plug is not comfortable for extended use, and I am seriously considering going to an all-day hearing aid with earpro built in due to my hearing loss.

The money saver is I need only one active unit since my other ear is figuratively nothing more than a hole in my head.

Something that is true medical grade would be nice, though I have no idea what to expect from battery life.

Quote:
Old 06-11-2016, 2:41 PM

I just bought this week digital custom hearing protection from ESP, I went and researched this for months. I will have them this week but I wanted hearing enhancement AND protection...wow they were EXPENSIVE but I hope worth it and I will be using them in the shop also with a option that they offered that lowers the cutoff from 90db to 80db for the noise, this way in the shop I can wear them all day and also shooting.

NRA Benefactor Member
. CRPA Member
Old 06-11-2016, 8:00 PM
Arizona Ex-Pat

GSP•15 GunSport•PRO® Electronic Earplugs
Quick Overview

GSP•15 Electronic Earplugs are for gun sport enthusiasts who need protection from firearm blasts, but also need protection from loud continuous noise from vehicles, machinery or repeated gunfire from nearby shooters. Improves distance detection up to 5X.

Quote:
I use the above mentioned earplugs. They are expensive, not as pricey as some, but pricier then others, $300 for a pair.
They work very well for outdoor shooting and all day use in rain, cold, heat, wind while listening to conversations and hearing the gun fire.
I teach almost every weekend and will wear the plugs for at least 8 hours straight.
I recommend them.

Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:47 PM

A friend and I tried both the Peltor and Leight units - of those two, the Peltor Tactial 100 was the best.

My own choice, and what I wear, are the MSA Sordin units. I've never needed earplugs underneath, and I can hear discussions around me. They are more expensive, but I haven't found anything better as of now.
Old 07-09-2016, 10:42 PM

I used to spend a great deal of time on gun ranges and I had a pair of Peltors that I loved. The problem was that I would get hot and take them off and if someone shot before I put them back on then I had no hearing protection at all. I finally bit the bullet and bought a set of Sport Ear Custom 30s and I absolutely love them. They are custom made to my ears and I can wear them all day without issue. I will not pretend that they are not expensive - but at the end of the day - what is your hearing worth?

http://axilpro.com/product/custom-edge-30-pair/

I have had my set for about 6 years and highly recommend them.

super witty tagline goes here.
Old 07-17-2016, 5:34 PM
Administrator

Default Etymotic GSP-15 Gunsport PRO Electronic Earplugs

I was fortunate to attend the last Shot Show in Las Vegas this past January. As a result of doing so, I was invited by Susan Kornfeld, Public Relations Manager for Etymotic, to test and evaluate one of their Electronic Earplug units.

I had two occasions in which to test the Earplugs and in both, they performed in an outstanding manner. Before going any further, I would like to point out that I have some hearing damage that occurred early on in my career in le. As a result, I wear double hearing protection. I have silicone ear plugs made by my former hearing aid center. Over these, I wear a pair of electronic hearing muffs (nothing fancy; $69 about 10yrs. ago)

I was eager to test these because if successful, they would negate me wearing double hearing protection in the future. Hearing muffs, even electronic ones, aren't the most comfortable headware in my opinion.

The first test was at Raahagues Sports Fair, sponsored by TurnersOutdoorsman. Raahauges is a large shooting range located in Corona in S. Cal. and the event is an annual one that Calguns has had a booth at for about nine years. This event permits the attendee to shoot a large number of firearms provided by a large group of firearm manufacturers. There is also a private club that brings numerous .50Cal. BMG rifles, a machine gun and in the past, a Gattling gun to the event.

I stood within 20' feet of the first two while they were being fired and was still able to hear the conversation of a few people nearby.

The second occasion was at a Calguns clean up at Bee Canyon just outside of Hemet. I was firing my old Ruger Redhawks .44 magnum with a 7 1/2" barrel and using some reloads that were pretty hot. Again, the earplugs by Etymotic performed superbly.

These earplugs have a dual mode switch on them. The Lo Mode position provides Automatic Protection + Blast Protection. There is no interference with natural hearing, soft and loud sounds are heard naturally. Also automatically delivers 15dB protection when steady state noise exceeds safe exposure limits.

I used the above mode while at the Sports Fair and the Hi Mode while shooting at Bee Canyon.

The Hi Mode provides Enhancement + Blast Protection. It amplifies soft and conversational sounds for improved communication and increased awareness of surroundings. There is no amplification of loud sounds. The automatic 15dB hearing protection is not present in Hi Mode.

As a result of using these superlative Electronic Earplugs by Etymotic, I no longer have to wear the double hearing protection I have had to wear for over a decade. The MSRP for this item is $299.00 and I have been advised by Susan Kornfeld the company is offering Calguns members a 10% discount off that price by using code EHP10TP at etymotic.com.

If interested, please go to their site, go to the bottom left and click on hearing protection. Click on this model (GSP15) and you will be able to see what is included with the electronic earplugs. With the numerous attachable "plugs" offered, there should be one type available for anyone.

I highly recommend this product and I thank Susan Kornfield for providing these to me for testing and evaluation.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:27 PM

Electronic ear protection just doesn't cut it. NRR rating is too low. If you go to the range a lot and especially indoor ones you've got to double up. If you got weak hearing protection then over time the 357's and muzzle brakes will damage your hearing and may cause tinnitus as well as other guns.

I use 3M Peltor (31 NRR) and ear plugs (32 NRR). I hardly notice someone firing their their mag or muzzle brake on the lane next to me. Also I use Howard Leight sharpshooter glasses. The frames are adjustable so they don't go in the earmuffs and create a gap. People don't take this stuff seriously enough. Once your hearing is damaged it's too late.

Last edited by fhs8; 02-20-2017 at 10:44 PM..
Old 02-20-2017, 3:59 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
My electronic Pro Ears are NRR 33. Double up with custom silicone ear plugs and you can still easily hear range commands and have a conversation.
This.

Whether electronic or passive, muffs alone are really not enough for indoor ranges when someone is (and you never know when) shooting 45, magnums, or 12ga slugs.
Doubling up is always smart at the indoor.

Outdoor? Depends on the situation. I've never felt that muffs or plugs alone are lacking. Likewise, the in-ear electronic have always treated me well... but I tend to not use them because the air-activated batteries are a pain to deal with. Unless you're shooting several times a week, you're really only getting a day out of them. For this reason I tend to gravitate to electronic muffs.

Quote:
Old 12-30-2017, 5:47 PM

Default Altus Pro Ear Gold

Howdy:

Recently broke the headband on my Pro Ear Gold Muffs. Thus needed a headband plus the rubber padding next to my ears had to be replaced. I've had these Pro Ear Gold muffs for years and have experienced lately on/off switch plus problems.

Called Altus the manufacturer for an RA # knowing my muffs were out of warranty and was wondering the cost for repairs. A week or so later I received an Altus call informing me one of the electronic boards needed replacement and obviously the above items that also needed replacement. With one year warranty the total was in the $95 range. The replacement board was $65. Hmm the warranty on a new pair was 5 years thus I said to the gal on the phone keep the old muffs and send me a new pair. Price was $189 and would be shipped the next day.

Today at Evans Shooting Range in Orange I had a chance to use my new Pro Ear Gold muffs. What a difference a day makes! I now know one of my prior muff's board was broken because when a .45 round was sent downrange the noise was very manageable. I now can hear perfectly etc.

Again my prior Pro Ear Gold muffs I've had for at least 12-15 years and only trying to "stuff" my ears in my unusually full range bag (I was teaching - NRA Instructor) did I break my headband! That's not bad for up to 15 years of use usually on weekends except during tax season.

Someone in the range today asked me why I use electronic ear protection? Many many years ago at an outdoor range in NJ cease fire was called. I took off my ear protection when the idiot next to me sent 8 rounds downrange with his MI Grand. From that day on I've experienced tinnitus in my left ear
thus taking off ear protection is a NO NO for me!

Tough Guy Levi
Orange
NRA Pistol Instructor
NRA/CRPA Life Member
Old 03-26-2018, 10:31 PM

Best quality muffs are about 33 dB NRR but some electronics are 25 dB or less. It's actually quite important since peak sound levels at indoor ranges can approach 160 dB for magnum rounds.

I recommend using the plugs inside the electronic muffs. The speakers in my electronics are plenty loud enough to hear through inner plugs but the plugs significantly reduce hearing damage.
Old 10-31-2019, 8:58 PM

Default Would airpods pro work?

OK, maybe a dumb question, but would the new Apple Airpods pro work at the range? I know they are noise canceling, but I don't know if the electronics in shooting muffs are different than these. Anyone care to speculate? I'd love to have in-ear noise canceling, since I always find over ear muffs uncomfortable after a couple of hours.
Jason
Old 10-31-2019, 9:05 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonr View Post
OK, maybe a dumb question, but would the new Apple Airpods pro work at the range? I know they are noise canceling, but I don't know if the electronics in shooting muffs are different than these. Anyone care to speculate? I'd love to have in-ear noise canceling, since I always find over ear muffs uncomfortable after a couple of hours.
Jason
No. They are not made for mitigating the level of noise that comes from gunfire. They do make in-ear protection that is. I think they start at about $150 and go up into the thousands for the top of the line stuff. These may or may not block enough sound to be used indoors. But I always advise doubling up indoors though. Your hearing is nothing to mess with. The impacts are usually gradual and happen over time making it unnoticeable that damage is occurring. And when it's gone it's gone.

Fighter Pilot

Last edited by L84CABO; 11-01-2019 at 12:13 AM..
Old 11-21-2021, 6:44 PM
Administrator

Bump - updated first post.

- Marcus Aurelius

Old 11-21-2021, 7:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
Bump - updated first post.
Update with Sport Ear and Grizzly Ears

Since Google doesn't work for some here are the links:

https://grizzly-ears.com/

https://proears.com/

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Last edited by waveslayer; 11-21-2021 at 7:27 PM..
Old 12-16-2021, 8:51 PM
Administrator

2021 article on earpro - https://www.recoilweb.com/ear-protec...de-171953.html

Mentions some brands new to me.
Old 12-17-2021, 4:31 PM
Administrator

Here's a collection of links to reviews of earbuds.

I cannot vouch for the web sites, though they appear to be harmless - no malware, etc. They might, however, be hosting paid reviews, so read with some caution.

I do not own any of the products reviewed.

I think these are most useful as lists of what is available in 2021.

https://shootperform.com/best-earbuds-for-shooting

https://heavy.com/outdoors/shooting-ear-plugs/

https://easytopten.com/best-electron...-for-shooting/

https://easytopten.com/best-hunting-earbuds/

https://theshootinggears.com/best-shooting-ear-plugs/

https://www.geekwrapped.com/guides/b...s-for-shooting
Old 12-18-2021, 9:36 AM
Vendor/Retailer

This is getting away from the OP, who was asking as an RSO for earpro recommendations. As a non-shooter, RSOs have two primary criteria (quick to put on, block noise) and one secondary (amplification to make it easier to hear others). Bulk isn't a consideration since they aren't shooting rifles.

With that said, some things to consider:

Over the ear pro:
  • Easiest/quickest to put on and take off
  • Generally cheaper than in ear options
  • Can purchase gel cups for better fit
Over the ear con:
  • May be bulky for cheek weld on rifles/shotguns
  • Glasses may be uncomfortable or prevent good cup seal
  • Can get sweaty under the cup or uncomfortable wearing long periods
  • May be hard to carry/stow when not wearing

In the ear pro:
  • No interference with cheek weld or wearing glasses
  • More comfortable to wear for longer periods (I think)
In the ear con:
  • Much slower to put on
  • Easier to lose single parts
  • Cleaning off earwax may put off some

I like/use electronic earpro because I need to hear people talking on the range. Range use is primarily indoors where .308 rifles are allowed so good protection is a must.

Models I've used/own:
  • Howard Leight Impact Sport w/Noise Fighters gel pads. Decent amplification, good protection.
  • Howard Leight Impact Pro w/Noise Fighters gel pads. Poor amplification, great protection.
  • Pro Ears Pro Tac Gold w/Noise Fighters gel pads. Decent amplification (overrated I think), good protection. About the same as Impact Sports so not worth the extra cost.
  • OpsCore AMP headset w/NFMI earplugs using Comply ear tips. Amazing amplification, headset alone has poor protection but in conjunction with NFMI earplugs offers great protection. If you want the best sound quality this is it, but you have to wear both in the ear and over the ear at the same time to get good hearing protection and it's expensive. AAA batteries was a poor choice and it goes through them quickly.
  • Silynx Clarus Pro w/Comply ear tips. Good amplification, great protection. $325 list and the hassle of cords means there are better options.
  • Otto NoizeBarrier w/Comply ear tips. Good amplification, great protection. This is what I'm currently using for regular instruction. Amazing rechargeable battery life. At $400 I think it's a better value than custom in ear options that cost $1k+ and use hearing aid batteries that go dead 1 week after you put them in regardless of whether you use them or not. And since they're not custom you can put new foam tips in and let someone else use them or resell later.

Last edited by Gun Kraft; 12-18-2021 at 9:44 AM..
Old 08-16-2022, 4:58 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Finally published. Enjoy:

https://www.police1.com/police-produ...bkEv6sy95QAqk/

NRA/USCCA/DOJ instructor, NRA CRSO, Journalist
Old 08-23-2022, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlglock View Post
Nice!

A companion piece - https://www.recoilweb.com/best-heari...rs-176188.html

Good technical info, and then some opinions about several brands and models.
Old 11-10-2022, 11:48 AM

Hello - I own a Sordin SupremePro-X LED headset and wear 3M foamy earplugs underneath for indoor ranges; Sordin's alone won't cut it. The problem I face is that with the Sordin electronic volume turned up, I'm having problems hearing folks with the earplugs added.

Without spending my money for now, I wanted to get input on whether folks out there have tried an "outer" electronic hearing pro with an "inner" electronic hearing pro in the form of earbuds. Here are some examples:

https://www.amazon.com/Shooting-Prot...14-spons&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Ears-Elec...0-4513d670b6bc

Would the combination of 2 electronic earpro's enable the best shot noise reduction with best ambient/verbal noise performance?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by BigBlueBoy; 11-10-2022 at 11:51 AM..
Old 11-10-2022, 6:02 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueBoy View Post
Hello - I own a Sordin SupremePro-X LED headset and wear 3M foamy earplugs underneath for indoor ranges; Sordin's alone won't cut it. The problem I face is that with the Sordin electronic volume turned up, I'm having problems hearing folks with the earplugs added.

Without spending my money for now, I wanted to get input on whether folks out there have tried an "outer" electronic hearing pro with an "inner" electronic hearing pro in the form of earbuds. Here are some examples:

https://www.amazon.com/Shooting-Prot...14-spons&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Ears-Elec...0-4513d670b6bc

Would the combination of 2 electronic earpro's enable the best shot noise reduction with best ambient/verbal noise performance?

Thanks in advance.
I suggest you get the 3M Peltor Comtac V's, they have a special mode specifically designed for when you are wearing in-ear pro in combination with over the ear protection.