Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 11-15-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndUp View Post
Real ID applies to TSA boarding a plane which takes affect Jan 2020, in which case a passport will suffice instead.

However, a non Real ID will be marked with federal limits apply and as such will also not allow you to purchase a firearm.

I'm not sure if instead a passport can be used for a firearm purchase or not in CA.

"Californians who want to make sure they have zero problems purchasing a firearm in the future may want to consider applying for and acquiring a REAL ID through the DMV. Remember these licenses can be used to board airplanes, gain access to military bases, and other federal facilities in 2020. Californians will not be able to use their non-REAL IDs for these purposes after 2020 and will be required to provide some other form of identification."

I would take the advice and get the REAL ID instead, definitely with an appointment.
According to this thread you can buy with a FLA license. Maybe some FFL's don't want to be bothered with a few extra steps or feel like there is too much liability in doing so. Maybe like a FFL releasing a gun after a 30 day wait on an undetermined background. Some will, some won't.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1488466
Old 11-15-2018, 8:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACfixer View Post
Let's take garycolwill and his situation, how is a lapse in being able to carry your weapon even after clearing all the hurdles and paying all the fees acceptable in anybody's mind? They happen to know that Gary isn't going to get robbed at gunpoint filling up at AM/PM during this time? We're not talking about delays in an initial application, as I understand it Gary was/is licensed to carry, but may not until they print a new card? That's some serious BS, what am I missing here?

Wow my head is spinning from all this. Can we get a sticky or a definitive post as to when/how etc. to do the renewal without lapse?

PS: As far as address change, I moved 8/20 and notified them a week later. They gave me 30 days to bring proof of residency (utility bill, DMV change, escrow papers), I took that down to the station and about 2-3 weeks later they called and told me to come get my new card, no lapse in coverage there.
I would venture to say that part of the issue with garcolwill's renewal was his timing. He waited till about 7 works days before his expiration date to do his gun addition. Each gun has to be checked in the system by SBSO at HQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garycolwill View Post
This was actually 29 days AFTER my expiration, so maybe things are changing, or maybe this was a temporary delay. I didn't carry for 29 days.
I would advise next time don't wait so long to do any gun mods.
Old 11-15-2018, 8:53 PM
SeŮor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38Special View Post
Ditto.
I did my range session the week prior to class (which was 2 months before expiration)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 11-15-2018, 11:13 PM

Quote:
I would venture to say that part of the issue with garcolwill's renewal was his timing. He waited till about 7 works days before his expiration date to do his gun addition. Each gun has to be checked in the system by SBSO at HQ.

Agreed.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:44 AM

Hello all,
New to the process and got my interview appointment for 4/4/19. Just want to make sure I have the fees right. One check for 119.00 and one for 31.20 for the appointment correct. And then the last two for the range day, or all 4 at once?

Thank you in advance.
Old 11-19-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxrus08 View Post
Hello all,
New to the process and got my interview appointment for 4/4/19. Just want to make sure I have the fees right. One check for 119.00 and one for 31.20 for the appointment correct. And then the last two for the range day, or all 4 at once?

Thank you in advance.
I don't know about the new fees (whatever is on the site), but 2 at initial "interview" and last two at range day.
Old 11-19-2018, 12:07 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

In Nevada, I paid 120.00 for 8 hour class and 93.00 for the permit x 2. My wife and I. And a 120 day processing time.
Old 11-19-2018, 12:35 PM

No checks. They will only accept USPS money orders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2018, 12:48 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxrus08 View Post
Hello all,

Thank you in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouch729 View Post
No checks. They will only accept USPS money orders.

What he said.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

For great pizza @ LA Farmer's Markets click on picture

Old 11-19-2018, 5:51 PM

Thank you for the responses. I did know they have to be USPS money orders. Shouldn't have typed checks. I didn't see anywhere else that showed a fee schedule on the CCW site besides the "2018 Initial Instructions" page that I downloaded. Hope those are the right amounts.

I will make sure to have the first two with me for the interview.

Thanks again!!
Old 11-19-2018, 6:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthomas View Post
In Nevada, I paid 120.00 for 8 hour class and 93.00 for the permit x 2. My wife and I. And a 120 day processing time.
you do realize this is a San Bernardino County CALIFORNIA specific thread. How much you pay in Nevada (or Arizona, or Utah or even any other county within CALIFORNIA) doesn't matter in this thread.
Old 11-19-2018, 7:11 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_toaster View Post
you do realize this is a San Bernardino County CALIFORNIA specific thread. How much you pay in Nevada (or Arizona, or Utah or even any other county within CALIFORNIA) doesn't matter in this thread.
He recently moved to Arizona and now thinks itís cool to tell those of us who are left here how much better of he has it. https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...&postcount=151
Old 11-21-2018, 6:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugomanuel94 View Post
I will be applying for my CCW today can someone go over my good cause? Let me know how it looks.

Self-Protection. I playing in a music band and travel througout the county playing in private gatherings and venues with my sound equipment and instrument. At times i have to walk to my vehicle through parking lots and streets as well load my equipment after the end of each event which most of the times its past midnight.
Prob add some words like danger, dangerous areas, etc and that your equipment is expensive, someone may want to rob you for it, etc
Old 11-21-2018, 7:30 AM

Quote:
I will be applying for my CCW today can someone go over my good cause? Let me know how it looks.

Self-Protection. I playing in a music band and travel througout the county playing in private gatherings and venues with my sound equipment and instrument. At times i have to walk to my vehicle through parking lots and streets as well load my equipment after the end of each event which most of the times its past midnight.
Iím no English major, but make sure to cross your Tís, dot your Iís, and check grammer. Also since most concerts involve drugs/alcohol be prepared if they ask about alcohol, etc. at the events you play at.

Good luck.
Old 11-21-2018, 9:56 AM

Quote:
Glad you brought that up. Concert is a big term its more like a backyard birthday party with live band in someone private property and venues (sweet sixteens, weddings). I consider it a small side business therfore if alcohol is present i personally dont drink.
I tried reading up on the restrictions and from what understood i cant conceal in bars or places were alcohol is there main profit.. in my events nothing is for sale. Anyone is welcome to comment how should i go on about that?
Personal opinion is to make it about personal safety and not your 'business'.
Old 11-21-2018, 3:22 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Quote:
Glad you brought that up. Concert is a big term its more like a backyard birthday party with live band in someone private property and venues (sweet sixteens, weddings). I consider it a small side business therfore if alcohol is present i personally dont drink.
I tried reading up on the restrictions and from what understood i cant conceal in bars or places were alcohol is there main profit.. in my events nothing is for sale. Anyone is welcome to comment how should i go on about that?
I would recommend you delay application.

You havenít even taken the time to create a coherent paragraph, never mind thinking through the good cause concept. Like it or not, you need to make the case that you need to be allowed to go armed 24/7/365.

If youíre hinging full-time issuance on your ďsmall side businessĒ occasional gig at a b-day, wedding, or sweet sixteen party, youíre probably not going to like the result.

What do you do when youíre not at your small side business? Is there a large, full-time mainstream business/job? What do you do for hobbies which might place you in harmís way (mountain hiking, desert scrounging).

Hold off on submission, and give this some thought.
Old 11-27-2018, 2:20 PM

Just recieved the best phone call Iíve ever gotten this morning, passed the background process 😁... set the range date for the 8th of next month!!! Applied around February of this year, had my interview in October. Went quicker than I expected. Anyone know more or less how long it takes to receive your permit after range qualifications?
Old 11-27-2018, 2:40 PM

When I lived in SanBernardino county, it took about 12 days after the range. Now I live in Kern county and a new permit took 36 days from start to permit in hand.

Carry safe, be careful
Old 11-27-2018, 3:08 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by g21owner View Post
Just recieved the best phone call Iíve ever gotten this morning, passed the background process ... set the range date for the 8th of next month!!! Applied around February of this year, had my interview in October. Went quicker than I expected. Anyone know more or less how long it takes to receive your permit after range qualifications?
I had mine in 6 days. Though I've heard that it's taking a bit longer right now.

Old 11-27-2018, 6:00 PM

Quote:
Just recieved the best phone call Iíve ever gotten this morning, passed the background process 😁... set the range date for the 8th of next month!!! Applied around February of this year, had my interview in October. Went quicker than I expected. Anyone know more or less how long it takes to receive your permit after range qualifications?
Congrats!
Be prepared for it being a tad cool there early in the day.
Old 11-27-2018, 8:44 PM

Quote:
Congrats!
Thanks! Im from the high desert so it won't be any colder/windier than what I'm already used to lol
Old 11-27-2018, 8:53 PM
SeŮor Member

Quote:
Congrats!
Devore = "Tad Cool"
AVGC Classroom = Cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey!

A class at AVGC will teach a SoCal boy about layering for sure.

Quote:
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 11-28-2018, 6:10 AM

Quote:
Thanks! Im from the high desert so it won't be any colder/windier than what I'm already used to lol
Had overlooked your location. You will feel at home!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
Devore = "Tad Cool"

True
Old 11-29-2018, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike350GT View Post
I received my 2019 renewal letter. It doesn't mention anything about modifying your 3 gun list. How is this typically handled?
I don't understand your question. The renewal application Section 3 is where you list the guns you wish to carry.
Old 11-30-2018, 5:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclerandy View Post
I don't understand your question. The renewal application Section 3 is where you list the guns you wish to carry.
Correct you list them there.
It does not address range qualification that is required for adding a weapon.
Old 11-30-2018, 8:44 AM

Quote:
Devore = "Tad Cool"

I live in AV, it ain't that cold haha. I'm in shorts and a tank top all year. Occasionally a sweater in the Jan-Feb AM's when it's in the teens
Old 11-30-2018, 8:46 AM

the AV classroom though, is colder than the outside at night lol
Old 11-30-2018, 4:22 PM
SeŮor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike350GT View Post
the AV classroom though, is colder than the outside at night lol
The AV classroom is used by the local Stater's to store their overstock hanging beef when not needed for a class.

Quote:
Old 11-30-2018, 4:28 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
The AV classroom is used by the local Stater's to store their overstock hanging beef when not needed for a class.

Old 12-02-2018, 9:08 AM

Does anyone know the process for removing a firearm from your license? I'm looking to sell one of the firearms listed on it, but I'm not sure if you can, or have to go through some other process with SBCSD. Anyone do this before?
Old 12-03-2018, 9:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by igxuberant View Post
Does anyone know the process for removing a firearm from your license? I'm looking to sell one of the firearms listed on it, but I'm not sure if you can, or have to go through some other process with SBCSD. Anyone do this before?
Call the wonderful ladies at the sheriff's office and inform them you sold one of the guns on your permit. They will make the appropriate changes to your file.
Old 12-07-2018, 3:46 PM

Iím trying to schedule my safety class and made several calls with no answer. Anyone else having issues getting through to the SBCSD Employee Resource Division or have any suggestions? Thanks.

Old 12-07-2018, 4:08 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Iím trying to schedule my safety class and made several calls with no answer. Anyone else having issues getting through to the SBCSD Employee Resource Division or have any suggestions? Thanks.

Do you get an option to leave a message?

If so leave it and wait for a call back.

Old 12-07-2018, 4:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post
Do you get an option to leave a message?

If so leave it and wait for a call back.

No voicemail. It just rang and rang until the calls just dropped.
Old 12-07-2018, 4:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Well that sucks. I called the day after I got the letter and had no problems.

Maybe try sending an email to them letting them know that you are trying to schedule your training for your renewal.

Good luck.

Old 12-07-2018, 8:18 PM

Quote:
Sounds like a phone issue.
Old 12-11-2018, 9:13 AM

So did everyone scheduled for the December 8th class get cancelled and rescheduled for early next year or was the class just overbooked?
Old 12-12-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyd1gital View Post
So did everyone scheduled for the December 8th class get cancelled and rescheduled for early next year or was the class just overbooked?
initial class and range? OH gosh! that REALLY REALLY sux! (
Old 12-12-2018, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_toaster View Post
initial class and range? OH gosh! that REALLY REALLY sux! (
Yeah, I was disappointed, but given I had such good luck with getting an interview within a week of applying, I figured something like this would happen. Also, a friend of mine who applied two days after me has his permit in hand already. Received his call back over a month before I did and completed his class on November 10th. Makes you wonder what goes on in the CA DOJ offices...