Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 03-13-2014, 10:18 AM
j-shot's Avatar
j-shot j-shot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kaliforniastan
Posts: 1,672
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
I'm not going to feed the troll anymore.
Me either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
just sufficed it to say I think jshot was describing himself when he made the above post.
Wrong, yet again.

On that note I will let you bow out...



Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_in_ca View Post
SVT-40 are you really a cop? Don't take that the wrong way but as a cop you took the same oath I did and we swore to uphold the constitution of the United States of America first! Going after decent folks with no criminal history or horrible intentions for exercising their constitutional rights does not make them the same Dirtbag burglar gangster that we should be going after. I for one will not stand for enforcing BS laws and wasting time on these offenses while we have AB109 PRCS'ers roaming the streets victimizing the citizens we swore to protect.
I didn't know what this was so I did a quick search:

...The Probation Department projects approximately 6,700 Post Release Community Supervision Offenders (or PRCS offenders) will eventually be released in San Bernardino County due to AB 109. About 3,200 have been released to date...

Yikes!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
...what we have here is a hillary panty sniffer...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleseed
A Rifleman understands that owning and mastering a rifle is part of his heritage as an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
No man, butt rape is happening like, all of the time in prison. It's basically just one huge orgy.
  #82  
Old 03-13-2014, 10:25 AM
scootergmc's Avatar
scootergmc scootergmc is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sac. Co. dirt village
Posts: 4,109
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

*sigh*

Those PRCS offenders were always roaming the streets. Prior to AB109 they were known as parolees.
  #83  
Old 03-13-2014, 10:31 AM
Heiko's Avatar
Heiko Heiko is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,036
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-shot View Post
I didn't know what this was so I did a quick search:

...The Probation Department projects approximately 6,700 Post Release Community Supervision Offenders (or PRCS offenders) will eventually be released in San Bernardino County due to AB 109. About 3,200 have been released to date...

Yikes!
This is OT but...

You and most of California's residents don't have any clue how really bad it is now. It's appalling how little jail time criminals are doing. I get a list everyday of early releases and he bad guys have already figured out how to avoid being put on parole. There's no such thing as "you do the crime, you do the time" anymore.
  #84  
Old 03-13-2014, 10:38 AM
scootergmc's Avatar
scootergmc scootergmc is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sac. Co. dirt village
Posts: 4,109
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiko View Post
This is OT but...

You and most of California's residents don't have any clue how really bad it is now. It's appalling how little jail time criminals are doing. I get a list everyday of early releases and he bad guys have already figured out how to avoid being put on parole. There's no such thing as "you do the crime, you do the time" anymore.
If the public really knew how little actual time is served vs. the sentence, they would flip out- and I'm not even talking about counties with federal pop caps in addition.
  #85  
Old 03-13-2014, 10:43 AM
ak_in_ca ak_in_ca is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 355
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

The public should really be checking into AB109 and what is being released en mass to the community and it should cause outrage! A three year prison term can now be served in under a month and be considered served in full!

It is true that these people used to be supervised by Parole but not in the numbers they are now and also they were facing a prison sentence for violation, now they are lucky if they face a 10 day flash. AB109 should have had a mandatory shall issue CCW rider for the citizens when this passed! (Should be legal anyways ) But it bugs me to see fellow officers and DOJ wasting their time with minor 2A issues of decent citizens while we have real crime running rampant right now.
  #86  
Old 03-13-2014, 10:47 AM
MmmSti's Avatar
MmmSti MmmSti is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 534
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...efront-stings/

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  #87  
Old 03-13-2014, 11:26 AM
scootergmc's Avatar
scootergmc scootergmc is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sac. Co. dirt village
Posts: 4,109
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_in_ca View Post
It is true that these people used to be supervised by Parole but not in the numbers they are now
Are you saying there are more people on PRCS than would've otherwise been released to parole because PRCS was created? That's not true because offender admissions to state prison are waaaaay down compared to pre-AB109 days.

Prior to AB109, you go to state prison, you were released on parole.

After AB109, you go to state prison, you are either released to parole or PRCS.

You may be confusing types of prison sentences. Your statement makes a little bit of sense if you're referring to county prison inmates- a class of offenders created out of AB109, those whose felony convictions and offender status don't qualify them for a state prison sentence but only a local prison sentence (county prison). Those offenders definitely are being released early subject to any accelerated release/conduct credit provisions afforded to county jails, and that's still not including any federal mandates on a specific county facility. Mix mandatory supervision into the local prison sentences and it really can muddle things up.
  #88  
Old 03-13-2014, 11:35 AM
ak_in_ca ak_in_ca is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 355
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Yes, Scooter that is what im referring to the 1170 offenses that used to send you to prison are now being served in County which can't hold them and the only people being sent up state now are violent and sexual offenses, and even then its minimal.
  #89  
Old 03-13-2014, 11:37 AM
Heiko's Avatar
Heiko Heiko is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,036
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootergmc View Post
Are you saying there are more people on PRCS than would've otherwise been released to parole because PRCS was created? That's not true because offender admissions to state prison are waaaaay down compared to pre-AB109 days.

Prior to AB109, you go to state prison, you were released on parole.

After AB109, you go to state prison, you are either released to parole or PRCS.

You may be confusing types of prison sentences. Your statement makes a little bit of sense if you're referring to county prison inmates- a class of offenders created out of AB109, those whose felony convictions and offender status don't qualify them for a state prison sentence but only a local prison sentence (county prison). Those offenders definitely are being released early subject to any accelerated release/conduct credit provisions afforded to county jails, and that's still not including any federal mandates on a specific county facility. Mix mandatory supervision into the local prison sentences and it really can muddle things up.
The vast majority of sentences are 1170(h) "county jail prison" sentences and yes, those are the ones being fed kicked and many aren't even on parole if they choose to eat their entire sentence and only serve a fraction of it. The bad guys know how to avoid the parole "tail" now and we don't even have that to use against them when the inevitably reoffend. All the dopers, thieves, and general dirt bag criminals fall into this category so we are seeing them over and over and over again.
  #90  
Old 03-13-2014, 2:14 PM
TRICKSTER's Avatar
TRICKSTER TRICKSTER is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Contra Costa County
Posts: 12,369
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_in_ca View Post
SVT-40 are you really a cop? Don't take that the wrong way but as a cop you took the same oath I did and we swore to uphold the constitution of the United States of America first! Going after decent folks with no criminal history or horrible intentions for exercising their constitutional rights does not make them the same Dirtbag burglar gangster that we should be going after. I for one will not stand for enforcing BS laws and wasting time on these offenses while we have AB109 PRCS'ers roaming the streets victimizing the citizens we swore to protect.
Are you really a cop? You seem to be jumping to conclusions without facts.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMo View Post
Almost every poll shows Trump losing very badly, yet poeple still believe some conspiracy. The party p[icked the weakest candidate so they have to own that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom2a View Post
Anything to protect Cheeto. Even though he just signed basically a gun confiscation order.
YES, TDS IS REAL, ORANGE MAN BAD

NRA Benefactor Member
  #91  
Old 03-13-2014, 2:54 PM
ak_in_ca ak_in_ca is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 355
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

What conclusions am I jumping to? and BTW I have firsthand knowledge of this issue (Which I will not air on a public forum) I hear LE on here likening possession of a high cap mag and a random "Evil" feature of a gun being brought into the state by people with no criminal record to the same as other full on felons. Funny thing is these same cops will get their LE exemption and buy as many high caps and AR's as their dept will allow. Thats all well and good but there is no reason why the general public should not be allowed to own the same weapons and magazines we do as long as they are a decent law abiding citizen without a criminal record that precludes them from owning firearms. And we who took an oath to defend the constitution should be standing up for what is right. Tell me where I am out of line?
  #92  
Old 03-13-2014, 3:23 PM
TRICKSTER's Avatar
TRICKSTER TRICKSTER is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Contra Costa County
Posts: 12,369
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_in_ca View Post
What conclusions am I jumping to? and BTW I have firsthand knowledge of this issue (Which I will not air on a public forum) I hear LE on here likening possession of a high cap mag and a random "Evil" feature of a gun being brought into the state by people with no criminal record to the same as other full on felons. Funny thing is these same cops will get their LE exemption and buy as many high caps and AR's as their dept will allow. Thats all well and good but there is no reason why the general public should not be allowed to own the same weapons and magazines we do as long as they are a decent law abiding citizen without a criminal record that precludes them from owning firearms. And we who took an oath to defend the constitution should be standing up for what is right. Tell me where I am out of line?
By opening your post with asking SVT-40 if he is a cop and then following up with,

"Don't take that the wrong way but as a cop you took the same oath I did and we swore to uphold the constitution of the United States of America first! Going after decent folks with no criminal history or horrible intentions for exercising their constitutional rights does not make them the same Dirtbag burglar gangster that we should be going after"


You make it sound like he compared "decent folks" with gangbangers.

He made no such comparison.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMo View Post
Almost every poll shows Trump losing very badly, yet poeple still believe some conspiracy. The party p[icked the weakest candidate so they have to own that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom2a View Post
Anything to protect Cheeto. Even though he just signed basically a gun confiscation order.
YES, TDS IS REAL, ORANGE MAN BAD

NRA Benefactor Member
  #93  
Old 03-13-2014, 3:59 PM
ak_in_ca ak_in_ca is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 355
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
Agreed. Cop's should never underestimate the lengths criminals will go to further their criminal enterprises....
This statement here
  #94  
Old 03-13-2014, 4:03 PM
scootergmc's Avatar
scootergmc scootergmc is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sac. Co. dirt village
Posts: 4,109
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiko View Post
The vast majority of sentences are 1170(h) "county jail prison" sentences and yes, those are the ones being fed kicked and many aren't even on parole if they choose to eat their entire sentence and only serve a fraction of it. The bad guys know how to avoid the parole "tail" now and we don't even have that to use against them when the inevitably reoffend. All the dopers, thieves, and general dirt bag criminals fall into this category so we are seeing them over and over and over again.
Again- county prison offenders aren't eligible for or on "parole." The county prison "tail" to which you're referring is mandatory supervision- they can't refuse (even if some Courts may be allowing them to "refuse" it) if the Court orders it- hence "mandatory." Nor is it a "tail." Mandatory supervision is technically a portion of the county prison sentence. They're still receiving credit while out on the "supervision" portion of the sentence. What offenders have learned is they can violate their mandatory supervision, go back into custody to serve portions or the remainder of their sentence. Done and free. Mandatory supervision was the maternity ward afterbirth of AB109, shoved in at the last minute. I will agree it was shortsighted.

I would not say the vast majority have been local prison sentences. The raw statewide admission numbers were not that much different in 2012, state prison (47%) vs. local prison (53%). 2013 data has yet to be published.
  #95  
Old 03-13-2014, 4:07 PM
CBR_rider CBR_rider is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,299
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_in_ca View Post
Tell me where I am out of line?
By concluding that anyone else who has posted in this thread doesn't believe the same thing
  #96  
Old 03-13-2014, 5:25 PM
TRICKSTER's Avatar
TRICKSTER TRICKSTER is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Contra Costa County
Posts: 12,369
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_in_ca View Post
This statement here
What about it?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMo View Post
Almost every poll shows Trump losing very badly, yet poeple still believe some conspiracy. The party p[icked the weakest candidate so they have to own that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom2a View Post
Anything to protect Cheeto. Even though he just signed basically a gun confiscation order.
YES, TDS IS REAL, ORANGE MAN BAD

NRA Benefactor Member
  #97  
Old 03-14-2014, 6:03 AM
scootergmc's Avatar
scootergmc scootergmc is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sac. Co. dirt village
Posts: 4,109
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootergmc View Post
I would not say the vast majority have been local prison sentences. The raw statewide admission numbers were not that much different in 2012, state prison (47%) vs. local prison (53%). 2013 data has yet to be published.
I have to apologize. My info quoted here is incorrect as I reversed the numbers. State prison commitments were 53% and local prison commitments represented 47%.
  #98  
Old 03-14-2014, 7:31 AM
OneNcustdy OneNcustdy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Solano County, CA
Posts: 73
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default Rainbows unicorns cotten candy.

rainbows, unicorns cotton candy. I figured I would start my post with something nice as to thwart any reading into this post as disrespectful or demeaning in anyway.

First off if you are asking a law enforcement officer to disclose an operation and how the operation is being conducted, chances are you will not get the details you are looking for. Best to probably remove the post from this thread and post it in another forum to continue the discussion.

second LEOs are here to answer the question to the best of their ability, if you so choose to disagree with the law we understand however, WE ARE NOT IN CHARGE OF CHANGING LEGISLATION, we only enforce the law that are put in front of us. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE US THE BAD GUYS politics can be discussed with politicians and those who can organize a political action committee to speak on your behalf and organize events to draw up legal documents to fight the good fight much like how calguns is doing on the CCW front.

Third. If you plan on breaking the law in California, you probably should be afraid about getting pulled over, if you are not breaking the law, attending a gun show to window shop or reenforce a reason to move out of state to obtain and live in a state with a more gun friendly atmosphere, it is not against the law. I personally would not be afraid to attend a gun show in reno or anywhere else, because I don't plan on bringing something california deems illegal back into california. This may be apples to oranges, but its like being on the freeway. If you are traveling the speed limit oh lets say 65 MPH, you dont worry about the Chippy on the shoulder on the chopper in the air right? but if you are doing 80 MPH you are looking over your shoulder and watching every on ramp as you approach it becaue you are breaking the law. Dont break it and you dont have to be worried. I KNOW MANY WILL PROBABLY DISAGREE WTIH ME ABOUT THE LAW BUT REFER BACK TO POINT 2, WE DO NOT MAKE THE LAW.

Fourth. Are we being productive in this thread by belittling each other and typing aimlessly pissed off to the point our keyboards would like to say STFU to all of us, or are we having a disccusion with the ability to walk away and say we agree to disagree. we can educate each outher through these threads, but lets not try to piss each other off or show who has the bigger set we all do not bennifit from that IMO. yes understand what the government is doing questions those who may have the answer LOVE BEING IN THIS FREE COUNTRY, if you disagree challenge it in court where your opinion can be heard and positive action can take place, but save who had a bigger set for a PM you may want to discuss with wach other. stick and stones gentlemen and ladies sticks and stones. IF NOT WE MAY WANT TO CLOSE THIS THREAD.

yes I am old and my bones hurt LoL

rainbows, unicorns, candy just so people do not think i am angry while I write this
  #99  
Old 03-14-2014, 8:09 AM
j-shot's Avatar
j-shot j-shot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kaliforniastan
Posts: 1,672
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneNcustdy View Post
rainbows, unicorns cotton candy. I figured I would start my post with something nice as to thwart any reading into this post as disrespectful or demeaning in anyway.

First off if you are asking a law enforcement officer to disclose an operation and how the operation is being conducted, chances are you will not get the details you are looking for. Best to probably remove the post from this thread and post it in another forum to continue the discussion.

second LEOs are here to answer the question to the best of their ability, if you so choose to disagree with the law we understand however, WE ARE NOT IN CHARGE OF CHANGING LEGISLATION, we only enforce the law that are put in front of us. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE US THE BAD GUYS politics can be discussed with politicians and those who can organize a political action committee to speak on your behalf and organize events to draw up legal documents to fight the good fight much like how calguns is doing on the CCW front.

Third. If you plan on breaking the law in California, you probably should be afraid about getting pulled over, if you are not breaking the law, attending a gun show to window shop or reenforce a reason to move out of state to obtain and live in a state with a more gun friendly atmosphere, it is not against the law. I personally would not be afraid to attend a gun show in reno or anywhere else, because I don't plan on bringing something california deems illegal back into california. This may be apples to oranges, but its like being on the freeway. If you are traveling the speed limit oh lets say 65 MPH, you dont worry about the Chippy on the shoulder on the chopper in the air right? but if you are doing 80 MPH you are looking over your shoulder and watching every on ramp as you approach it becaue you are breaking the law. Dont break it and you dont have to be worried. I KNOW MANY WILL PROBABLY DISAGREE WTIH ME ABOUT THE LAW BUT REFER BACK TO POINT 2, WE DO NOT MAKE THE LAW.

Fourth. Are we being productive in this thread by belittling each other and typing aimlessly pissed off to the point our keyboards would like to say STFU to all of us, or are we having a disccusion with the ability to walk away and say we agree to disagree. we can educate each outher through these threads, but lets not try to piss each other off or show who has the bigger set we all do not bennifit from that IMO. yes understand what the government is doing questions those who may have the answer LOVE BEING IN THIS FREE COUNTRY, if you disagree challenge it in court where your opinion can be heard and positive action can take place, but save who had a bigger set for a PM you may want to discuss with wach other. stick and stones gentlemen and ladies sticks and stones. IF NOT WE MAY WANT TO CLOSE THIS THREAD.

yes I am old and my bones hurt LoL

rainbows, unicorns, candy just so people do not think i am angry while I write this
That's funny for some reason

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
...what we have here is a hillary panty sniffer...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleseed
A Rifleman understands that owning and mastering a rifle is part of his heritage as an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
No man, butt rape is happening like, all of the time in prison. It's basically just one huge orgy.
  #100  
Old 03-14-2014, 8:43 AM
thurman thurman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 972
iTrader: 58 / 98%
Default

I am not a LEO but I just wanted to put my 2 cents to this forum. Ca. LEO's are present at gun shows in Nevada, AZ and even as far as Oregon. From my understanding these guys have been assigned to a DHS task force to track illegal gun sales to possible foreign and domestic terrorist. So if your in one of these states and you possibly fit a profile and a LAPD or LA County deputy is working on the task force with DHS they're probably going to nail you. Youl should also know CA Leo's do go into other states during shows and they also visit gun stores and warn them not to sell certain items to CA residents because they could be charged with conspiracy. The smart thing is to just not get anything illegal or if you do get an AR or AK legally make sure it's in CA. configuration and locked in a case. If you do get stopped don't be a DI-K even if the officer is. Politely ask if there is anything you can help them with and keep your mouth shut. If they ask to search you can say no and leave it at that.
  #101  
Old 07-19-2019, 1:50 PM
Fastramrt Fastramrt is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 23
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

UC Davis and UC Irvine both "observe" and document CA Residents at AZ gun shows. They publish papers on it regularly and indoctrinate students into the program. They share their "research" with LEO freely.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
  #102  
Old 07-19-2019, 1:57 PM
Fastramrt Fastramrt is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 23
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

http://health.ucdavis.edu/vprp/research/index.html

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
  #103  
Old 07-19-2019, 2:13 PM
SkyHawk's Avatar
SkyHawk SkyHawk is offline
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nakatomi Plaza - 30th floor
Posts: 13,883
iTrader: 161 / 100%
Default

NECROPOST ALERT - BACK FROM THE DEAD AFTER 5 YEARS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastramrt View Post
UC Davis and UC Irvine both "observe" and document CA Residents at AZ gun shows. They publish papers on it regularly and indoctrinate students into the program. They share their "research" with LEO freely.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
We are very familiar with Wintemute and his hack research. Hundreds of posts here on it...
__________________
.


Last edited by SkyHawk; 07-19-2019 at 2:23 PM..
  #104  
Old 07-20-2019, 8:54 AM
CBR_rider CBR_rider is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,299
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
NECROPOST ALERT - BACK FROM THE DEAD AFTER 5 YEARS
Zombies are real!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post
[BTW, I have no problem seeing DEA Agents and drug cops hanging from ropes, but that's a separate political issue.]
Stay classy, CGF and Calguns.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:47 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.