Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 03-02-2014, 6:45 PM
<blocked>'s Avatar
<blocked> <blocked> is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 248
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

[QUOTE=P5Ret;13561767]
Quote:
Originally Posted by <blocked> View Post

I'm kind of curious here, how exactly do you end up in FEDERAL PRISON for violating a state law? Over 20+ years I arrested a few people who have ended up in prison and not one of them went to a FEDERAL PRISON, for state charges.
IANAL, but I believe the federal part of their case was the fact that they crossed states lines to straw purchase hand guns...or maybe I'm wrong and they're in State prison. Either way, I know for a fact they are currently incarcerated.

I talked to two of them before they were sentenced.

1) Arresting officers confirmed they had been under surveillance since the gun show.
2) they were not alone in the holding cell. Several others were apprehended doing the same thing.
__________________
The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals.
Well, when there aren't enough criminals,
one makes them.
One declares so many things to be a crime that it
becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.
- Ayn Rand
  #42  
Old 03-02-2014, 7:02 PM
CBR_rider CBR_rider is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,299
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

[QUOTE=<blocked>;13560533]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR_rider View Post

No story, personal experience. I know these guys and their families very well. Take it or leave it my friend.

Not perusing, actively purchasing & importing items illegal in the state of California...
I'm not trying to argue against your story that these guys you know got arrested and sentenced to prison of some sort; but of course it is important to note that they engaged in illegal activity when they crossed the California border (apparently, or else they wouldn't be locked up). My points were simply that: a) perusing an out of state gun show (and even legally buying items there) is not a crime and b) some of the unsubstantiated reports by some guy on some website aren't the same thing as first hand information of what actually is going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
I never said they were arrested. I did get this story from these parties years apart and their stories matched. Yea, they were followed from the show and detained after crossing the boarder. They had a HCP and were not arrested but, they were escorted home. I agree that it sounds far fetched but, if you had invested a team for a day and came up empty, why not go on a fishing trip to see if there was anything out of line at their homes? Anyway, I won't be posting this if I did not 100% believe it to be the truth. Afterall, when have I posted a fantasy story on any forum? I simply don't do that unless I'm working security at one of the largest retail malls in the country.
Like I've said all along here, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Cal DOJ sometimes watches out of state gun shows (or at least the routes on the California side of the border FROM these shows) and goes "fishing." "Fishing" is a valid part of law enforcement (though I think most of us on this particular forum would argue that fishing for LCM's or a threaded barrel on a Glock is lame, to say the least) whether someone is looking for burglars, stolen cars, dope, or illegal firearms. But I find it nearly impossible to believe (unlike some on Calguns) that a random California guy goes to a show in Arizona, buys two LCM's, is immediately placed under surveillance by Cal DOJ for the next two days, and is then stopped once he crosses the California border simply because he possibly still possesses the LCM's.
  #43  
Old 03-02-2014, 8:12 PM
SVT-40's Avatar
SVT-40 SVT-40 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Az
Posts: 9,526
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Default

[QUOTE=<blocked>;13567512]
Quote:
Originally Posted by P5Ret View Post

IANAL, but I believe the federal part of their case was the fact that they crossed states lines to straw purchase hand guns...or maybe I'm wrong and they're in State prison. Either way, I know for a fact they are currently incarcerated.

I talked to two of them before they were sentenced.

1) Arresting officers confirmed they had been under surveillance since the gun show.
2) they were not alone in the holding cell. Several others were apprehended doing the same thing.

According to this latest story your friends were under surveillance BEFORE they went to the gun show???.... Sounds like thew were involved in much more than what you have shared... maybe some names and dates would clear up the issue.....

So in fact your not sure at all what really happened.....

Typical second or third hand story....

I believe the part about them being in jail... As for the rest... Well every convicted criminal is innocent, or somehow the victim of law enforcement... Just ask them.
__________________
Poke'm with a stick!


Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddletown View Post
What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.
  #44  
Old 03-02-2014, 8:15 PM
Reelemup's Avatar
Reelemup Reelemup is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: San Jose
Posts: 1,408
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

You should request a copy of the records what agents are doing. After all they are employed by the public right ?
__________________
Fish molester also pick shrooms
  #45  
Old 03-02-2014, 8:34 PM
SVT-40's Avatar
SVT-40 SVT-40 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Az
Posts: 9,526
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelemup View Post
You should request a copy of the records what agents are doing. After all they are employed by the public right ?
No agency is going to provide data on what suspects they are following or operations they are actively conducting.....

Remember this is the LEO forum... Not the crazy off topic forum.....
__________________
Poke'm with a stick!


Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddletown View Post
What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.
  #46  
Old 03-03-2014, 8:01 AM
<blocked>'s Avatar
<blocked> <blocked> is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 248
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

[QUOTE=SVT-40;13568142]
Quote:
Originally Posted by <blocked> View Post


According to this latest story your friends were under surveillance BEFORE they went to the gun show???.... Sounds like thew were involved in much more than what you have shared... maybe some names and dates would clear up the issue.....

So in fact your not sure at all what really happened.....

Typical second or third hand story....

I believe the part about them being in jail... As for the rest... Well every convicted criminal is innocent, or somehow the victim of law enforcement... Just ask them.
Don't get it twisted. That's not what I said. They came under surveillance upon arrival at the gun show. 3 grown men with shaved heads in a truck with CA plates stick out...And they were definitely guilty... no excuses here.

While there's nothing illegal about perusing an out of state gun show. Be aware of the laws pertaining to the items you purchase. I.e. purchasing an AR15 is legal, but make sure it's configured CA compliant before bringing it back.

That's the take away here... If you're going to go...know the law. that's it.
__________________
The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals.
Well, when there aren't enough criminals,
one makes them.
One declares so many things to be a crime that it
becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.
- Ayn Rand
  #47  
Old 03-03-2014, 8:58 AM
Spyder's Avatar
Spyder Spyder is offline
Honorary MLC
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In a shack, in the woods
Posts: 12,647
iTrader: 107 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by <blocked>
Be aware of the laws pertaining to the items you purchase. I.e. purchasing an AR15 is legal, but make sure it's configured CA compliant before bringing it back.


For a California resident, at a Nevada gun show?

Last edited by Spyder; 03-03-2014 at 7:15 PM..
  #48  
Old 03-03-2014, 9:17 AM
SVT-40's Avatar
SVT-40 SVT-40 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Az
Posts: 9,526
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Default

Not my statement above in quotes.. That incorrect statement was made by blocked....
__________________
Poke'm with a stick!


Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddletown View Post
What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.

Last edited by SVT-40; 03-03-2014 at 10:40 AM..
  #49  
Old 03-03-2014, 7:16 PM
Spyder's Avatar
Spyder Spyder is offline
Honorary MLC
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In a shack, in the woods
Posts: 12,647
iTrader: 107 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
Not my statement above in quotes.. That incorrect statement was made by blocked....
Fixed it! ...not sure what happened there, but it definitely wasn't you that said it!
  #50  
Old 03-04-2014, 5:06 AM
jeremiah12 jeremiah12 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,672
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Dr. Wintemute of the UC Davis Med. Center is a famous researcher and anti that is funded by private money to conduct research on "gun violence". He has a high tech operation where he has student interns and volunteers working the parking lots of the gun shows to watch for people leaving CA plated vehicles and photographing them. These pictures are sent to people working inside the gun show. The people working inside have hidden video recorders (they are usually a button on their shirt). The people on the inside will follow and video the Californians purchasing things that are illegal to own in California.

A year or two ago, Dr. Wintemute set up a pilot program to share the data with the DOJ directly. The information gets sent to the CHP who then can further search the vehicles when they enter CA. With plate recognition technology and AB48 banning importation of high cap magazine kits, they will be even more effective and the videos will be considered probable cause for a search.

You guys really should attend talks given by our enemies. My son attends UC Davis so I take advantage of this to find out when Dr. Wintemute is speaking locally. I can act like an ivory tower type because I was one until I got sick of it.

BTW, this is why it is stupid to visit Cabella's outside of Reno. It is isolated and they run the same operation there. The only people that park in the lot are those that are shopping at Cabella's. If you are buying things that you should not have in CA, go to Scheels in Sparks. It is in a huge mall and the parking lot is extremely large. It is very easy to get lost in.

CA does not care if you are storing the stuff out of state. They will harass you just for buying.
  #51  
Old 03-04-2014, 12:10 PM
baddos's Avatar
baddos baddos is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 296
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

This whole thread seems a little tinfoil hat to me.
  #52  
Old 03-04-2014, 12:38 PM
j-shot's Avatar
j-shot j-shot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kaliforniastan
Posts: 1,672
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddos View Post
This whole thread seems a little tinfoil hat to me.
Underestimating the opposition is the first step towards failure.
  #53  
Old 03-04-2014, 1:13 PM
SVT-40's Avatar
SVT-40 SVT-40 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Az
Posts: 9,526
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-shot View Post
Underestimating the opposition is the first step towards failure.
Agreed. Cop's should never underestimate the lengths criminals will go to further their criminal enterprises....
__________________
Poke'm with a stick!


Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddletown View Post
What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.
  #54  
Old 03-04-2014, 1:43 PM
j-shot's Avatar
j-shot j-shot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kaliforniastan
Posts: 1,672
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
Agreed. Cop's should never underestimate the lengths criminals will go to further their criminal enterprises....
Opposition is opposition. Failure is failure. Doesn't matter what side of the line you stand on.
  #55  
Old 03-04-2014, 2:14 PM
Eric B's Avatar
Eric B Eric B is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Jose
Posts: 808
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Holy FUD!
  #56  
Old 03-04-2014, 3:28 PM
scootergmc's Avatar
scootergmc scootergmc is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sac. Co. dirt village
Posts: 4,109
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

The only publicized arrest I can remember in all my years happened in Nevada County a few years ago:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=475826
  #57  
Old 03-04-2014, 3:29 PM
SVT-40's Avatar
SVT-40 SVT-40 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Az
Posts: 9,526
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-shot View Post
Opposition is opposition. Failure is failure. Doesn't matter what side of the line you stand on.
Well actually it does matter "which side of the line you stand on". So if you support criminal behavior, in this case you, are on the wrong side of the matter.
__________________
Poke'm with a stick!


Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddletown View Post
What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.
  #58  
Old 03-06-2014, 10:18 PM
cuchillo negro's Avatar
cuchillo negro cuchillo negro is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Indio, California
Posts: 156
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner336 View Post
I know for a fact that they do this. Doj even discussed the budget authorizations for this.

My friends went to PHX gun show 2 yrs ago. Brought back .22 Cal hi cap mags. They and the car in front were stopped at the Cal agricultural Inspection station at gun point.

They were subsequently charged in Indio state court for bringing the hi caps into the state and
Convicted of misdemeanors.

Charging agency was DOJ. It was part of ATF DOJ. Task force. Agent stated in court that they checked cars with CA plates in gun show parking lot and reportedly looked inside for contraband and then stopped those cars at the border.




This is a fact. I even know the case number and read the charge sheet on line.
You are 100% correct
__________________
"Not everyone can be a U.S. Marine that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force"
  #59  
Old 03-07-2014, 7:06 AM
j-shot's Avatar
j-shot j-shot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kaliforniastan
Posts: 1,672
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
Well actually it does matter "which side of the line you stand on". So if you support criminal behavior, in this case you, are on the wrong side of the matter.
I was speaking from a position of preparation and that being ready for ones opponent was a good thing. You are the one that turned it in to a "cops and robbers" thing with your direct reference to "criminals" and "criminal enterprises"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
Agreed. Cop's should never underestimate the lengths criminals will go to further their criminal enterprises....
Going to an out of state gun show isn't illegal. Your assumption that all who do are up to no good is the typical cop mentality that makes some officers look bad.

You don't know me, and I never said I supported "criminal behavior". I also however don't support the thin blue crybaby line B.S.
  #60  
Old 03-07-2014, 8:51 AM
bluesmoke9 bluesmoke9 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 850
iTrader: 42 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-shot View Post
Underestimating the opposition is the first step towards failure.
And overestimating the number of black helicopters that are following you is paranoia.
__________________
If you buy anything because it has "tactical" or "operator" in the name, we probably don't run in the same circles.
  #61  
Old 03-07-2014, 9:05 AM
j-shot's Avatar
j-shot j-shot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kaliforniastan
Posts: 1,672
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesmoke9 View Post
And overestimating the number of black helicopters that are following you is paranoia.
And reading something that wasn't written is bordering on psychosis.
  #62  
Old 03-07-2014, 12:51 PM
CaptMike CaptMike is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles County
Posts: 1,234
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I think it is that time when someone needs to return to off topic. Infering officers are cry babies is uncalled for.
  #63  
Old 03-07-2014, 3:14 PM
j-shot's Avatar
j-shot j-shot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kaliforniastan
Posts: 1,672
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMike View Post
I think it is that time when someone needs to return to off topic. Infering officers are cry babies is uncalled for.
If you are referring to my post I in no way meant disrespect to anyone. Re-read what I wrote. I was not inferring officers are cry babies but rather the veil of the "thin blue line" itself is a "criminal enterprise" of sorts at times.

However to look at it another way, where is your shock or dismay over the fact another officer (I assume) inferred citizens are criminals for no reason or evidence...?

Conveniently overlooked or standing with another officer providing an actual example of said blue line B.S. on this very page...?
  #64  
Old 03-07-2014, 5:41 PM
CaptMike CaptMike is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles County
Posts: 1,234
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Smh
  #65  
Old 03-07-2014, 8:29 PM
SVT-40's Avatar
SVT-40 SVT-40 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Az
Posts: 9,526
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-shot View Post
I was speaking from a position of preparation and that being ready for ones opponent was a good thing. You are the one that turned it in to a "cops and robbers" thing with your direct reference to "criminals" and "criminal enterprises"
Except the "opposition" you were referring to was law enforcement.....So no, Preparing to be an opponent of law enforcement will not be taken well here in the LEO forum. Maybe you should head back to the off topic, where bias against LEO's is tolerated...



Quote:
Originally Posted by j-shot View Post
Going to an out of state gun show isn't illegal. Your assumption that all who do are up to no good is the typical cop mentality that makes some officers look bad.
Yup I did refer to criminals and their criminal enterprises..Remember this topic has talked about people illegally importing illegal items into California...

However you were the one to assume I was referring to "all" people who go to out of state gun shows...

Can you please post my statements where I said "All", or any for that matter, who attend out of state shows are criminals, or that doing so is illegal or that they are "up to no good"???


If that were the case I would be calling myself a criminal, as I've probably attended around 50 out of state shows over the last few decades.


Quote:
Originally Posted by j-shot View Post
You don't know me, and I never said I supported "criminal behavior". I also however don't support the thin blue crybaby line B.S.
You did say you believe one should be prepared for law enforcement..and called law enforcement "the opposition"...

So whether you support criminal behavior or not, you are certainly not a supporter of LEO's....

In fact your snide references to "the thin blue line" do mark you as having a true bias..

Again remember this is the LEO forum..

Not off topic.
__________________
Poke'm with a stick!


Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddletown View Post
What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.
  #66  
Old 03-07-2014, 8:41 PM
SVT-40's Avatar
SVT-40 SVT-40 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Az
Posts: 9,526
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-shot View Post
If you are referring to my post I in no way meant disrespect to anyone. Re-read what I wrote. I was not inferring officers are cry babies but rather the veil of the "thin blue line" itself is a "criminal enterprise" of sorts at times.
Sure you were showing disrespect...

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-shot View Post
However to look at it another way, where is your shock or dismay over the fact another officer (I assume) inferred citizens are criminals for no reason or evidence...?
"Shock and dismay" for something which only occurred in your mind....Yup you did assume!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-shot View Post
Conveniently overlooked or standing with another officer providing an actual example of said blue line B.S. on this very page...?
Again it's in your mind...

Maybe because your bias is with everyday to you you don't even notice it anymore....

It's real apparent to me and some others here...
__________________
Poke'm with a stick!


Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddletown View Post
What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.
  #67  
Old 03-07-2014, 8:42 PM
TRICKSTER's Avatar
TRICKSTER TRICKSTER is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Contra Costa County
Posts: 12,369
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-shot View Post
If you are referring to my post I in no way meant disrespect to anyone. Re-read what I wrote. I was not inferring officers are cry babies but rather the veil of the "thin blue line" itself is a "criminal enterprise" of sorts at times.

However to look at it another way, where is your shock or dismay over the fact another officer (I assume) inferred citizens are criminals for no reason or evidence...?

Conveniently overlooked or standing with another officer providing an actual example of said blue line B.S. on this very page...?
What are you mumbling about. The only place that any officer here inferred that "citizens are criminals for no reason or evidence" is your imagination.

Please take your vivid and bias imagination to O T where it will blend right in.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMo View Post
Almost every poll shows Trump losing very badly, yet poeple still believe some conspiracy. The party p[icked the weakest candidate so they have to own that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom2a View Post
Anything to protect Cheeto. Even though he just signed basically a gun confiscation order.
YES, TDS IS REAL, ORANGE MAN BAD

NRA Benefactor Member
  #68  
Old 03-10-2014, 7:26 AM
j-shot's Avatar
j-shot j-shot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kaliforniastan
Posts: 1,672
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Again, people were just talking about going to guns shows. You stated not underestimating criminals. You didn't make reference to any activity. Just underestimating criminals which was apparently anybody according to your post. Some people where talking about importing stuff. Others and the topic is cops at shows. As for going back to OT I will go where I please as I did nothing wrong. Try to understand that cop.

Go to any of my others posts before this thread. You say I have a bias or am not a supporter but you will find the exact opposite. Go look cop. Play detective. You'll find things such as "I'm not anti law", and "You guys don't get paid enough", etc. I'll wait here.

And as for you being offended about my thin blue line reference, oh well if the shoe fits. Me referencing it doesn't make me biased. It makes me aware. See cop if you have one corrupt cop and another cop covering for him what you really have is two corrupt cops. Make sense in your cop brain?

Have a good day sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
Except the "opposition" you were referring to was law enforcement.....So no, Preparing to be an opponent of law enforcement will not be taken well here in the LEO forum. Maybe you should head back to the off topic, where bias against LEO's is tolerated...


Yup I did refer to criminals and their criminal enterprises..Remember this topic has talked about people illegally importing illegal items into California...

However you were the one to assume I was referring to "all" people who go to out of state gun shows...

Can you please post my statements where I said "All", or any for that matter, who attend out of state shows are criminals, or that doing so is illegal or that they are "up to no good"???


If that were the case I would be calling myself a criminal, as I've probably attended around 50 out of state shows over the last few decades.




You did say you believe one should be prepared for law enforcement..and called law enforcement "the opposition"...

So whether you support criminal behavior or not, you are certainly not a supporter of LEO's....

In fact your snide references to "the thin blue line" do mark you as having a true bias..

Again remember this is the LEO forum..

Not off topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
Sure you were showing disrespect...



"Shock and dismay" for something which only occurred in your mind....Yup you did assume!!!!



Again it's in your mind...

Maybe because your bias is with everyday to you you don't even notice it anymore....

It's real apparent to me and some others here...
What are you confused about? The reference to criminal activity for going to an out of state show. The comment about not underestimating criminals didn't draw any lines therefore it sure seemed to be a reference to everyone.

Another poster was saying the thin blue line was uncalled for. I was just saying lumping us all in one category is uncalled for.

Again I appreciate the invite to OT but I didn't do anything. Just got some people wet and bunched up because well I guess that thin blue line is isn't so thin. To be offended over facts is sad. To be offended over the knowledge (not assumption) that some cops are corrupt is sad as well. Maybe that's how it persists.

Again, I am NOT anti law. Go look at ANY of my past posts. Very much the opposite you will find...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post
What are you mumbling about. The only place that any officer here inferred that "citizens are criminals for no reason or evidence" is your imagination.

Please take your vivid and bias imagination to O T where it will blend right in.
  #69  
Old 03-10-2014, 7:46 AM
CaptMike CaptMike is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles County
Posts: 1,234
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Moderators, it may be time for another permanent ban from the leo section.
  #70  
Old 03-10-2014, 7:58 AM
j-shot's Avatar
j-shot j-shot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kaliforniastan
Posts: 1,672
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMike View Post
Moderators, it may be time for another permanent ban from the leo section.
Yes censor all who disagree
  #71  
Old 03-10-2014, 8:36 AM
CaptMike CaptMike is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles County
Posts: 1,234
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Only those that decide to break the rules(the law) need to be removed. You continue to come in here and infer that we are corrupt are part of the "thin blue line". I am insulted to be lumped in to that catagory and you are doing the insulting. You state you are not anti law but you are demonstrating your bias right here. Good luck to you.
  #72  
Old 03-10-2014, 8:50 AM
j-shot's Avatar
j-shot j-shot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kaliforniastan
Posts: 1,672
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMike View Post
Only those that decide to break the rules(the law) need to be removed. You continue to come in here and infer that we are corrupt are part of the "thin blue line". I am insulted to be lumped in to that catagory and you are doing the insulting. You state you are not anti law but you are demonstrating your bias right here. Good luck to you.
Sir, just more words put in my mouth. I never said everybody is corrupt. That was my whole point. Just as not everybody is a criminal. Again you are insulted but nobody was insulted over the insinuation that out of state gun show attendees are criminals. Why is that...?

Yes, correct, I am not anti law. READ what I have written and get over what you THINK you know. There you will find the facts.

Good luck to you as well
  #73  
Old 03-10-2014, 8:57 AM
j-shot's Avatar
j-shot j-shot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kaliforniastan
Posts: 1,672
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

As an after thought reading back through this thread it seems that "thin blue line" is taken by officers as a negative thing in it's entirety?

I meant it as I understood it, that being of a group or brotherhood. As in all cops (the good and the bad) are in the thin blue line.

"...The Thin Blue Line is a colloquial term for police forces. The blue refers to the typical blue of the police uniform, and refers to the police forces in general..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thin_Blue_Line
  #74  
Old 03-11-2014, 8:20 PM
SVT-40's Avatar
SVT-40 SVT-40 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Az
Posts: 9,526
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-shot View Post
Again, people were just talking about going to guns shows. You stated not underestimating criminals.
Actually "people" were commenting on many posts including posts where criminals had been convicted of various criminal offenses...

My post about "not underestimating criminals" was a direct response to your post below..
Quote:
Originally Posted by j-shot View Post
Underestimating the opposition is the first step towards failure.
This was my reply to your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
Agreed. Cop's should never underestimate the lengths criminals will go to further their criminal enterprises....



Quote:
Originally Posted by j-shot View Post
You didn't make reference to any activity. Just underestimating criminals which was apparently anybody according to your post.
Funny as my post was a direct response to yours...

Now just where, except in your mind did I refer to anyone else, or include "anybody"..????

You should read your own words.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by j-shot View Post
And reading something that wasn't written is bordering on psychosis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by j-shot View Post
Some people where talking about importing stuff. Others and the topic is cops at shows. As for going back to OT I will go where I please as I did nothing wrong.
People were posting many things... Still no reference by me to any of them... Go where you please, however here in the LEO forum you best tread lightly with your slurs, as in your statement below, where you use the term "cop" as a slur.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-shot View Post
Try to understand that cop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by j-shot View Post
Go to any of my others posts before this thread. You say I have a bias or am not a supporter but you will find the exact opposite.
It matters not what you have posted before.. Your posts in this thread are enough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-shot View Post
Go look cop.
LOL more use of "Cop" as a slur....


Quote:
Originally Posted by j-shot View Post
Play detective. You'll find things such as "I'm not anti law", and "You guys don't get paid enough", etc. I'll wait here.
No need. I and others have seen enough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-shot View Post
And as for you being offended about my thin blue line reference, oh well if the shoe fits. Me referencing it doesn't make me biased. It makes me aware.
No it makes you ignorant....

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-shot View Post
See cop
More of your use of the term "cop" as a slur.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by j-shot View Post
if you have one corrupt cop and another cop covering for him what you really have is two corrupt cops.
Okay now it's really confirmed... Just where do you see anything regarding "corrupt" cops?? One or any others...in my posts???

I guess thats just another one of your inventions needed to in your head to justify your bias....

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-shot View Post
And reading something that wasn't written is bordering on psychosis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by j-shot View Post
Make sense in your cop brain?
Actually it does not... Because my "cop brain" uses rational thought, based on many factors to determine a opinion....

Maybe you should let go of your bias. It would let you form more rational opinions, and not judge anyone simply because they are or once were a Law Enforcement Officer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-shot View Post
Have a good day sir.
Absolutely!! Everyday is a fantastic day. Even those days where you have to deal with irrational and ignorant people....

Thankfully now I only have to deal with those sorry folks on the internet...I retired in 2006...


Quote:
Originally Posted by j-shot View Post
What are you confused about? The reference to criminal activity for going to an out of state show. The comment about not underestimating criminals didn't draw any lines therefore it sure seemed to be a reference to everyone.
LOL..You seem to be the one who is confused....

Your problem is your "seeming" (assuming) anything other than my post was a response to your post... Nothing more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-shot View Post
Another poster was saying the thin blue line was uncalled for. I was just saying lumping us all in one category is uncalled for.
Really can you post that Members quote???

The only reference to "The Thin Blue Line" was yours...

The only "lumping" was in your mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-shot View Post
Again I appreciate the invite to OT but I didn't do anything. Just got some people wet and bunched up because well I guess that thin blue line is isn't so thin. To be offended over facts is sad. To be offended over the knowledge (not assumption) that some cops are corrupt is sad as well. Maybe that's how it persists.
Again LOL... Check your hem line...Your bias is showing...How did this somehow morph into being about "corrupt cops"..

I guess when you have such a biased view of LEO's that no matter the conversation you just can't help but try and somehow taint the subject by interjecting "corrupt cops" into the mix....

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-shot View Post
Again, I am NOT anti law. Go look at ANY of my past posts. Very much the opposite you will find...
I've read enough here.....



I really think it's best you take your own advice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-shot View Post
And reading something that wasn't written is bordering on psychosis.
So according to you, you admittedly suffer from some sort of Psychosis....

I sincerely hope you are able to get some help with your issues before they manifest in some other more serious ways

Got it!!!!!
__________________
Poke'm with a stick!


Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddletown View Post
What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.
  #75  
Old 03-11-2014, 9:14 PM
John M John M is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 299
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

More myth then legend.. Is it possible stings are conducted at gun shows, yes. Each and every one.. NO!
  #76  
Old 03-12-2014, 9:19 AM
j-shot's Avatar
j-shot j-shot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kaliforniastan
Posts: 1,672
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
Actually "people" were commenting on many posts including posts where criminals had been convicted of various criminal offenses...

My post about "not underestimating criminals" was a direct response to your post below..

Funny as my post was a direct response to yours...

Now just where, except in your mind did I refer to anyone else, or include "anybody"..????
I guess then it was a misunderstanding on both levels as we were both speaking in general terms? I said opposition and you took it to mean cops (in your mind) and you said criminals and I took it to mean everybody? Since neither of us drew any exemptions? Fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
Go where you please, however here in the LEO forum you best tread lightly with your slurs, as in your statement below, where you use the term "cop" as a slur.....

LOL more use of "Cop" as a slur....

More of your use of the term "cop" as a slur.....
Sorry but slur...? You use this very word all over the board? Are you going by context? Good, that was in direct response to you calling me a liar which is both rude and offensive. I stated to somebody else that I in no way meant disrespect and was trying to explain what I meant however you said that wasn't so. Here's the thing. Only one person would know what my intentions were/are. That would be me. NOT YOU.

Who do you think you are that I would need to lie to anybody including you?

Get over yourself.

In case you haven't been paying attention I'm the guy that says what he wants/thinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
No it makes you ignorant....
Mutual OPINIONS mean nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
Okay now it's really confirmed... Just where do you see anything regarding "corrupt" cops?? One or any others...in my posts???

I guess thats just another one of your inventions needed to in your head to justify your bias....
I was referring to post #62, the same guy I was explaining I meant no disrespect too. I was simply trying to state I wasn't saying all are corrupt. Just the ones involved in cover ups for another and that's what I meant by saying then even parts of the police force could be considered a (your words) "criminal enterprise".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
Actually it does not... Because my "cop brain" uses rational thought, based on many factors to determine a opinion....
Bingo! Opinion! That's all you have about me, and sorry but it is wrong. Like I stated earlier YOU DON'T KNOW what I think or meant. To suggest otherwise is arrogant at a minimum. I can tell you don't like the thought of being wrong but try it on for size. It's not the first time, whether you can bring yourself to admit it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
Maybe you should let go of your bias. It would let you form more rational opinions, and not judge anyone simply because they are or once were a Law Enforcement Officer...
Again, no bias. Another wrong opinion, on your part.

Judge anyone? Where did I judge anybody based on being LEO, past or present...? Except (your words, again) in your mind...?

Refer to #61 I know you liked that post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
Absolutely!! Everyday is a fantastic day. Even those days where you have to deal with irrational and ignorant people....

Thankfully now I only have to deal with those sorry folks on the internet
Have to...? No, you don't "have to". You're just busy feeling superior. I've seen your posts to others as well. You are presumptuous. That's what got us here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
I retired in 2006...
I think society got lucky with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
LOL..You seem to be the one who is confused....

Your problem is your "seeming" (assuming) anything other than my post was a response to your post... Nothing more...
Bingo! Again even. Good job. Yes your post. The one where you stated never to underestimate CRIMINALS. My post stated "opposition" meaning ones opponent. Speaking generally. I wasn't rallying criminal activity nor was I trumpeting the police. General. Opponent. Again, you were the one that took it to the "cops and robbers" thing. Up to speed finally...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
Really can you post that Members quote???
See #62 detective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
The only reference to "The Thin Blue Line" was yours...
...and yours in #65, detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
The only "lumping" was in your mind...
When speaking in general terms as you were without drawing any lines does indeed include all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
Again LOL... Check your hem line...Your bias is showing...How did this somehow morph into being about "corrupt cops"..
I don't think it's about corrupt cops. It wasn't the thread topic nor was it my statement. That's one of those things that's (again, yawn, your words) in your mind perhaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
I guess when you have such a biased view of LEO's that no matter the conversation you just can't help but try and somehow taint the subject by interjecting "corrupt cops" into the mix....
More OPINION on your part, that surprise surprise is yet WRONG again. Inside, this is something you are used to

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
I've read enough here.....
I can tell you haven't read nearly enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
So according to you
In your mind...? Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
you admittedly suffer from some sort of Psychosis....
More of you being rude and offensive, and a little obnoxious. But I get it, you thought you were being clever. You'll get there

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
I sincerely hope you are able to get some help with your issues before they manifest in some other more serious ways
Got it!!!!!
You should stop assuming things. You are so far out in left field. You are simply easily confused.

There is a difference between bias for an entire class of people, which I don't have, versus disdain for you.

You are not good at garnering one's respect. Something else you are probably familiar with.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
...what we have here is a hillary panty sniffer...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleseed
A Rifleman understands that owning and mastering a rifle is part of his heritage as an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
No man, butt rape is happening like, all of the time in prison. It's basically just one huge orgy.
  #77  
Old 03-12-2014, 11:53 AM
TRICKSTER's Avatar
TRICKSTER TRICKSTER is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Contra Costa County
Posts: 12,369
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

The power of the is strong in this one.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMo View Post
Almost every poll shows Trump losing very badly, yet poeple still believe some conspiracy. The party p[icked the weakest candidate so they have to own that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom2a View Post
Anything to protect Cheeto. Even though he just signed basically a gun confiscation order.
YES, TDS IS REAL, ORANGE MAN BAD

NRA Benefactor Member
  #78  
Old 03-12-2014, 12:19 PM
j-shot's Avatar
j-shot j-shot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kaliforniastan
Posts: 1,672
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post
The power of the is strong in this one.
Witty retort.

YOU opine that I'm a troll simply because you disagree? I can live with that if it helps you feel better.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
...what we have here is a hillary panty sniffer...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleseed
A Rifleman understands that owning and mastering a rifle is part of his heritage as an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
No man, butt rape is happening like, all of the time in prison. It's basically just one huge orgy.
  #79  
Old 03-12-2014, 4:23 PM
SVT-40's Avatar
SVT-40 SVT-40 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Az
Posts: 9,526
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-shot View Post
And reading something that wasn't written is bordering on psychosis.
I'm not going to feed the troll anymore. .. just sufficed it to say I think jshot was describing himself when he made the above post.
__________________
Poke'm with a stick!


Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddletown View Post
What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.
  #80  
Old 03-13-2014, 7:26 AM
ak_in_ca ak_in_ca is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 355
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

SVT-40 are you really a cop? Don't take that the wrong way but as a cop you took the same oath I did and we swore to uphold the constitution of the United States of America first! Going after decent folks with no criminal history or horrible intentions for exercising their constitutional rights does not make them the same Dirtbag burglar gangster that we should be going after. I for one will not stand for enforcing BS laws and wasting time on these offenses while we have AB109 PRCS'ers roaming the streets victimizing the citizens we swore to protect.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:33 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.