Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-13-2012, 10:47 AM
JoeFaz JoeFaz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 140
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default .45 commemorative options

I posted this on the general Handguns page, but thought maybe some of my fellow LEOs here maybe have one or know someone who does. This would be as a gift to myself when I retire in a couple years.

Looking for info on aftermarket or manufacturer's commemorative medallions for placement on the grips of a 1911 (or custom commemorative full grips). Something which can be engraved with dates of service, name, etc. Anyone have a line or can steer me in the direction where I can check some out?

TIA!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-13-2012, 5:06 PM
BigDogatPlay's Avatar
BigDogatPlay BigDogatPlay is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Beautiful progressive Sonoma County
Posts: 7,386
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

If you have a shop that does engraveables, you might try there first. There is a shop in my town that does all manner of presentation stuff and they can engrave pretty much anything onto a shape or size. Getting some type of medallion or plate done would probably be fairly simple

Then you just need a woodworker to inlay the medallions in the grips.

A quick bit of Googling found me some samples on line....

Engraving Extraordinaire (Georgia)

West Virginia Wood Arts

Jose Valencia Studio

Distinctive Grips Lts.
__________________
-- Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun

Not a lawyer, just a former LEO proud to have served.

Quote:
Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -- James Madison
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-13-2012, 5:21 PM
5shot's Avatar
5shot 5shot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chino, Ca.
Posts: 1,253
iTrader: 27 / 100%
Default

I had gungrips.net make me a set with aluma grips. Looks like they can do more detail now then they did 7 years ago.
http://gungrips.net/high_resolution_...hed_images.htm


__________________
John Bishop
Member: NRA Life, CRPA, WEGC
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-13-2012, 5:41 PM
JoeFaz JoeFaz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 140
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5shot View Post
I had gungrips.net make me a set with aluma grips. Looks like they can do more detail now then they did 7 years ago.
http://gungrips.net/high_resolution_...hed_images.htm


Very COOL! By the way, I was a DAI with SFDA for about 15 years.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-13-2012, 5:42 PM
JoeFaz JoeFaz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 140
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogatPlay View Post
If you have a shop that does engraveables, you might try there first. There is a shop in my town that does all manner of presentation stuff and they can engrave pretty much anything onto a shape or size. Getting some type of medallion or plate done would probably be fairly simple

Then you just need a woodworker to inlay the medallions in the grips.

A quick bit of Googling found me some samples on line....

Engraving Extraordinaire (Georgia)

West Virginia Wood Arts

Jose Valencia Studio

Distinctive Grips Lts.
Great, thanks. I see you're just one county north of me. What's the shop?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-14-2012, 7:54 AM
BigDogatPlay's Avatar
BigDogatPlay BigDogatPlay is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Beautiful progressive Sonoma County
Posts: 7,386
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Palmgren's Engraveables in Petaluma. Very nice people.
__________________
-- Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun

Not a lawyer, just a former LEO proud to have served.

Quote:
Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -- James Madison
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:54 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.