Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 02-20-2019, 8:42 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryMan92 View Post
Received a call today from Jenny clarifying the standard is this:

If you have a restraining order you may receive a CCW and once the restraining order is over your CCW will be revoked, otherwise, all threats (without a restraining order) are considered broadly self-defense.
Ahern may be getting b---- slapped soon.... SCOTUS wants to take a close look at Rogers before deciding whether to hear it next year.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...4#post22687424

230+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif

Last edited by Paladin; 02-20-2019 at 8:50 AM..
Old 05-23-2019, 11:55 AM

Default Alameda County: Is Homelessness A Good Cause?

I just read that the homeless population has spiked 40% in Alameda county. Here in Fremont there have been numerous attacks on people in malls. One lady was attacked and hit on the head with a pipe so they could steal her purse. Another person was held at gunpoint at an ATM. Home invasion robberies and home breakins. There's no doubt that crime is on the uptick.

Any chance I can use the homeless arguement for GC and have a shot (don't laugh) at getting a CCW in Alameda county?

Finally if I were to apply and my CCW application was denied because they didn't agree with my reason, could the denial harm me in any way?
Old 05-26-2019, 7:52 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooseman View Post
I just read that the homeless population has spiked 40% in Alameda county. Here in Fremont there have been numerous attacks on people in malls. One lady was attacked and hit on the head with a pipe so they could steal her purse. Another person was held at gunpoint at an ATM. Home invasion robberies and home breakins. There's no doubt that crime is on the uptick.

Any chance I can use the homeless arguement for GC and have a shot (don't laugh) at getting a CCW in Alameda county?
Not currently. Did you read over Sheriff Ahern's Good Cause requirement? https://www.alamedacountysheriff.org/admin_ia_ccw.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooseman View Post
Finally if I were to apply and my CCW application was denied because they didn't agree with my reason, could the denial harm me in any way?
A denial for insufficient GC won't harm you in the future. If/when you reapply later, they'll just compare your future GC against their future GC standard.

FWIW SCOTUS will probably take at least one 2nd A case next fall. Some here (me included) think the odds are good they'll make a decision that will liberalize CCW issuance in CA before 2020 July 01.

Old 07-21-2019, 9:56 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlglock View Post
An article in this Sunday's SF Chronicle says that 71 y.o. BART Director John McPartland is one of 222 people with a CCW in Alameda County. His good cause was #BLM.
Link?

Acc to this article, on 2018 July 01 there were 186 Ala Co CCWs.

https://www.fresnobee.com/news/local...232198382.html

Old 07-21-2019, 10:00 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suture1 View Post
All,

Finally picked up my renewal license from Judy today. I asked how many CCW licenses are in the county and she said 250 people. Not that many....
She said there are a lot more applications.

Took a little over 3 months from start to finish.
Can you share with us an idea of what your GC was like?

Old 07-21-2019, 10:01 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Just requalified at the ACSO range in Dublin. Shot a 244/250 with my new Kimber Ultra II CDP! Good to meet a fellow Calgunner for the first time and see him shoot even better!!

Heard today that the Alameda County CCW count was now closer to 250 individuals- not good, but Rome was not built in a day.

Hope everyone reading this is safe and please get those applications in.
Can you give us a rough idea of what their GC was like (if you know it)?

Old 07-21-2019, 10:03 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Hey folks. I was PM'd last night that another Calgunner is now part of the "good guy with a gun" club in Alameda County. Congratulations to him and his family.

So it is possible to get your CCW even in this County. Takes 15 months but it does happen.
If you know, can you share with us a rough idea of what their GC was like?

Old 07-21-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Link?

Acc to this article, on 2018 July 01 there were 186 Ala Co CCWs.

https://www.fresnobee.com/news/local...232198382.html

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/artic...es-7238888.php

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NRA Patron, CRPA Life, SAF Life, GSSF Life, NRA RSO and pistol instructor, ILEETA instructor. Stop me before I join something else!
Old 07-22-2019, 5:09 AM

Good morning everyone. Thank you to Paladin for reaching out to me directly - have not been checking this thread in some time. I actually have left California and moved to Texas over the last year.

The Alameda County SO takes the time to review your good cause during the initial application. Many people who have their CCW license work as County employees or work with the Sheriff. A lot of other folks are business owners who deal in large amounts of CASH - landlords, vending machine owners, etc.
Old 07-22-2019, 8:26 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Good morning everyone. Thank you to Paladin for reaching out to me directly - have not been checking this thread in some time. I actually have left California and moved to Texas over the last year.

The Alameda County SO takes the time to review your good cause during the initial application. Many people who have their CCW license work as County employees or work with the Sheriff. A lot of other folks are business owners who deal in large amounts of CASH - landlords, vending machine owners, etc.
Thanks for the reply. Congrats on moving to Free America! I heard TX will likely be turning "blue" (Dem) in a few years.

Re. CCWs: How does working as county employee help them? I mean, if I'm an IT guy working as a consultant for a private business vs working for the county or sheriff, I don't see how the latter gives me greater GC.

Or when you say "county employees" are you talking about judges, DAs and prosecutors/public defenders? If so, they apply for different CCWs, 3-year "Judicial" CCWs.

When you say "work with the Sheriff," are you talking about reserve officers? If so, they apply for different CCWs, 4-year "Reserve" CCWs.

The only ones we care about are for "normal" people who apply for 2-year standard CCWs. Besides landlords and vending machine owners, do you know what Good Causes are sufficient for getting issued 2-year CCWs?

As for landlords and vending machine owners, carrying what amount of cash qualifies: $1,000? $5,000? $10,000? more???

Last edited by Paladin; 07-22-2019 at 8:29 AM..
Old 07-22-2019, 4:48 PM

Thank you. It might happen one day, then it might not happen.

I met a MD who helped the sheriff as a medical prosecution witness. He had his CCW. Met another guy as a PI. Met a guy who was a mortician.

There is no real prescription for a guaranteed good cause in Alameda County. BUT cash amounts appear to be a good one.

I would say over $1000. I had to provide deposit receipts
Old 07-26-2019, 10:52 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I met a MD who helped the sheriff as a medical prosecution witness. He had his CCW. Met another guy as a PI. Met a guy who was a mortician.
Wait a minute. What? How does being a mortician put him at higher risk than average? Is he afraid corpses will turn into zombies and attack him? Even if that happens on the job, he can carry inside the mortuary. Or is he afraid they'll come out of the ground out at a cemetery?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2PoSljk8cE

Quote:
There is no real prescription for a guaranteed good cause in Alameda County. BUT cash amounts appear to be a good one.

I would say over $1000. I had to provide deposit receipts
A reminder for folks: when Suture1 says >$1,000 cash he means cash, not >$1,000 worth of work equipment, which may only be worth $300 - 400 when sold as stolen. So, if you want to use the value of something else, think of how much it would go for stolen, not how much you paid for it new, or will have to pay to replace it. Then you can use that multiplier to use to see if you've got GC.

Last edited by Paladin; 07-26-2019 at 10:59 PM..