Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim Air rifles and pistols, AirSoft and Mil Sim Discussion

Old 04-01-2019, 3:54 PM

Default Just ordered the KWA Radian Model 1 Professional Training Simulator

Looks like a pretty impressive system.

I was too impatient to wait for it to be available on Evike, where I probably could've saved a little money on shipping and "taxes." Stocked up on some .28 bio BBs and green gas from KWA as well, plus an extra FDE 38-round mag.

The real-steel Radian lower has some proprietary features which thankfully have been integrated into this licensed product. By depressing the mag release and pulling back the ambi Raptor charging handle, the bolt can be locked to the rear. That's cool. All fire controls are ambi, including bolt release. MLOK rail.

Internally, I'm sure the system resembles other KWA GBB models. Externally, you've got the Radian gucci gear plus PTS polymer furniture.

I think that it's gonna be a great little blaster once it arrives. I have limited green gas experience but decided I wanted to dive back into it, if nothing else than for plinking in the backyard. If anyone in the San Jose area wants to try it out, just PM me.

Anyone wanna recommend a field I could take it to in the Bay Area? FPS is 360-380 average.
Old 04-08-2019, 9:09 AM
Veteran Member

I run a KJW M4 in my back yard. Good cheap practice.

If you didn’t already know.. make your own green gas by pumping silicone oil into a can of Coleman propane!

Last edited by wildcard; 04-08-2019 at 9:13 AM..
Old 04-08-2019, 9:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
I run a KJW M4 in my back yard. Good cheap practice.

If you didnít already know.. make your own green gas by pumping silicone oil into a can of Coleman propane!
I encountered a problem with the Radian before ever even shooting it. One of the features of the Radian ADAC lower is that the bolt can be held open by pulling back on the charging handle and pressing the right-hand mag release. However, when I do that, the BCG gets stuck in the open position and neither of the bolt release buttons work. I had to pop the rear pin before the bolt slammed back into battery.

Pretty disappointing that a major selling point of the gun isn't operating as advertised. I've already submitted a ticket to KWA and I'm gonna follow up with a phone call.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:08 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3000+ View Post
I encountered a problem with the Radian before ever even shooting it. One of the features of the Radian ADAC lower is that the bolt can be held open by pulling back on the charging handle and pressing the right-hand mag release. However, when I do that, the BCG gets stuck in the open position and neither of the bolt release buttons work. I had to pop the rear pin before the bolt slammed back into battery.

Pretty disappointing that a major selling point of the gun isn't operating as advertised. I've already submitted a ticket to KWA and I'm gonna follow up with a phone call.
Are you riding the button when you pull back?

I ask because a problem I encountered with the bolt release is that I can pull the bolt too far back and make the release sit on the face of the bolt. Puts too much pressure on everything and makes it difficult to release.

Now I ride the button back so it catches when itís supposed to.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
Are you riding the button when you pull back?

I ask because a problem I encountered with the bolt release is that I can pull the bolt too far back and make the release sit on the face of the bolt. Puts too much pressure on everything and makes it difficult to release.

Now I ride the button back so it catches when itís supposed to.
Could you flesh out what you mean by riding the button?

Initially I was pushing the mag release all the way in and then pulling the charging handle, but that results in a jam. When I pull the CH and THEN engage the mag release, the bolt holds open, but as soon as I let off the mag release the bolt slams back into battery. Sometimes it'll slam back even before I've taken my finger off the mag release.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:25 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3000+ View Post
Could you flesh out what you mean by riding the button?

Initially I was pushing the mag release all the way in and then pulling the charging handle, but that results in a jam. When I pull the CH and THEN engage the mag release, the bolt holds open, but as soon as I let off the mag release the bolt slams back into battery. Sometimes it'll slam back even before I've taken my finger off the mag release.
Sounds different than my problem for sure. Shoot and enjoy in the meantime!

By riding the button, I meant keeping the button pressed as you pull back on the handle.