Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:29 AM

Exclamation Anyone familiar with Gilman springs???

Is it legal to shoot there. more than 2mi from homes about a mile straight into the hills. What makes a place legal or illegal to dishcharge a firearm? i would like to have an open/free place to shoot. you know with an ezup, bbq, ice chest(no alcohol)
Old 03-16-2010, 11:57 AM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

This has come up before and here is a link that explains the areas you can legally shoot in in Riverside County. Hope this answers your question.

http://www.clerkoftheboard.co.rivers...500/514.10.pdf
Old 03-17-2010, 10:26 AM

it answered my q just not the way i was hoping. Sounds like beaumont is still good to go
Old 03-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired View Post
This has come up before and here is a link that explains the areas you can legally shoot in in Riverside County. Hope this answers your question.

http://www.clerkoftheboard.co.rivers...500/514.10.pdf
Do you know of a map that goes with that? Would be easier to follow.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:39 PM
Calguns Addict

If you are asking about the Jack Rabbit Trail area the answer is no, it is no longer legal to shoot there. Nothing along Gilman Springs Rd is legal, and everything is posted no trespassing. I drive it every day.

NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
NRA Rifle Instructor
NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
DOJ Certified Instructor
Old 03-24-2010, 4:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron-Solo View Post
If you are asking about the Jack Rabbit Trail area the answer is no, it is no longer legal to shoot there. Nothing along Gilman Springs Rd is legal, and everything is posted no trespassing. I drive it every day.
im talking of a spot a mile or more north. i have only seen no dumping signs. where are the no tresspassing signs?
Old 03-24-2010, 4:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inbox485 View Post
Do you know of a map that goes with that? Would be easier to follow.
much easier
Old 03-24-2010, 5:19 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

You are right about the map thing, but no, I don't know of any. I just remembered that link from a thread last year.

You might try going to the link for Riverside County below. Go to the upper left section where it says depts. and just scroll down. The Land Management Dept. might be a good place to start. If they aren't any help, try the Fire Dept.; they probably have maps for everything.

http://www.countyofriverside.us/

Hope this helps.
Old 03-24-2010, 7:59 PM

If anyone finds a place pmme . I dont want to keep going to Bee Canyon in Hemet cause of the past visit there cause of Leos and white supremist. I promise wont trash the place I always leave no trace and pick up after myself. I want to find a safe, legal, place to take my Pops and my son.
Old 03-25-2010, 9:26 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msand951 View Post
If anyone finds a place pm me . I don't want to keep going to Bee Canyon in Hemet cause of the past visit there cause of Leos and white supremacist. I promise wont trash the place I always leave no trace and pick up after myself. I want to find a safe, legal, place to take my Pops and my son.
Yeah the 3K types can get a bit out of hand. I've never heard of unreasonable LEO issues out that way (I have heard of people getting busted for full auto, and for being drunk / high while shooting, but that is about it). If you don't mind my asking, what happened? If it helps, Hemet PD would love any excuse to hammer white supremacists these days on account of a string of assassination attempts. Find out what frequencies the local FD station monitors and get a radio to call in issues. Another tip is to open carry a side arm that you are not shooting and keep it loaded with carry ammo.

There is another area I know of just north of palm springs. It's about 45 minutes from BC / Hemet. You might have the exact same issues there though.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:16 AM

Palm springs on the 111 always feels pretty safe. I am looking for a place in the ortgas if any one is willing to share. Thanks.
Old 03-25-2010, 1:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaLiFORNIA View Post
im talking of a spot a mile or more north. i have only seen no dumping signs. where are the no tresspassing signs?
Signs are on most fence posts and telephone poles. They put them up kinda high to keep the dirt bike riders from tearing them down. Every so often, Riverside Sheriff's sweep through the area in force, citing anyone off the highway. It is all private property in that area, no public land that i'm aware of. My neighbor is with RSD and works that area. He said none of it was open to shooting for the last few years due to changes in the ordinances.

If you go much further north you run into parts of the City of Moreno Valley, which totally prohibits target shooting (except for rival gang members ) We call it MoValistan, since it's become such a dirtbag haven. I moved out 4 years ago because it was getting so bad.

NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
NRA Rifle Instructor
NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
DOJ Certified Instructor
Old 03-25-2010, 2:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired View Post
You are right about the map thing, but no, I don't know of any. I just remembered that link from a thread last year.

You might try going to the link for Riverside County below. Go to the upper left section where it says depts. and just scroll down. The Land Management Dept. might be a good place to start. If they aren't any help, try the Fire Dept.; they probably have maps for everything.

http://www.countyofriverside.us/

Hope this helps.
I kinda doubt they have a map on account of things like Banning Canyon Road not connecting to the 10 and the 71 not existing, so I took some initiative and spent some time with RCGIS and put together a GMap with the East/West ordinance border and rough North/South county borders. It still needs the rest of the additional prohibited areas marked, but it is a start.

Also, I noticed there is no prohibition in the ordinance from having a loaded handgun, and the definition of loaded for long guns is different from that in 12031. I don't want to thread jack, so further discussion here.
Old 03-28-2010, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inbox485 View Post
I kinda doubt they have a map on account of things like Banning Canyon Road not connecting to the 10 and the 71 not existing, so I took some initiative and spent some time with RCGIS and put together a GMap with the East/West ordinance border and rough North/South county borders. It still needs the rest of the additional prohibited areas marked, but it is a start.

Also, I noticed there is no prohibition in the ordinance from having a loaded handgun, and the definition of loaded for long guns is different from that in 12031. I don't want to thread jack, so further discussion here.
thank you!!
Old 03-30-2010, 9:10 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaLiFORNIA View Post
thank you!!
Please note, I haven't finished the additional prohibited areas yet. But the main divider line is complete.