Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 07-16-2019, 4:27 PM

Default CCW at Seaworld

This came up a year or so ago and at the time was good to go as there were no security checks.

Well, not anymore. I went yesterday and there was a bag check, scanner and I got wanded because my wallet set off the scanner.

Maybe this is old news or a dupe but just wanted to get this out there.
Old 07-25-2019, 9:47 AM

Check with Sea World, they said they only allowed LEO with credential to carry. CCW permit holder are not allowed to carry.
Old 07-25-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMarquez View Post
This came up a year or so ago and at the time was good to go as there were no security checks.

Well, not anymore. I went yesterday and there was a bag check, scanner and I got wanded because my wallet set off the scanner.

Maybe this is old news or a dupe but just wanted to get this out there.
They don't scrutinize strollers same with a lot of other places like the fair, etc. They tend to leave kids things alone. Just head to bathroom after entry and put it back on. If you accidently print after and are stopped, just say "Sorry, I had it on at entry, I didn't see a sign and I will head to my car now and remove it".
Old 07-25-2019, 10:44 AM

These places don't do any better of job at finding things than TSA.

It's all security theater to make people feel safe.
Old 07-25-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downdiver2 View Post
They don't scrutinize strollers same with a lot of other places like the fair, etc. They tend to leave kids things alone. Just head to bathroom after entry and put it back on. If you accidently print after and are stopped, just say "Sorry, I had it on at entry, I didn't see a sign and I will head to my car now and remove it".
Do you really want to take it that far, risking your life styles afterward and so on? Is it really that critical to carry by trying work around? I don't know about that. The consequences are way too serious.

The men who wrote the 2nd Amendment hadn't just finished a hunting trip.

They had just liberated a nation.
Old 07-27-2019, 10:53 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default CCW at Seaworld

Iíve had pepper spray and a pocket knife though Disney security many times just leaving it in my sunglasses case sitting in stroller basket. There is little to any consequence of that being discovered and gives you some tools availability for personal altercation that goes too far. (One security guard saw it before and I simply dropped both in trash can and went on with my life, just like Iíve done at TSA checkpoints when I forgot to clear pockets)

Best case is escape and evade any issue using crowds to separate.

If youíre the front point in a terrorist attack on one of these locations a pistol could get you the fleeting opportunity to open an escape path... but thatís a lot of if. If youíre not the first target in line, youíre better off with the escape and evade with crowd blockage approach.

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
NRA Life Member, CRPA member, Calguns.net contributor, CGF / SAF / FPC / CCRKBA / GOA / NAGR / NRA-ILA contributor, USCCA member - Support your defenders!
Old 07-27-2019, 11:52 AM
To clear, just rack ONCE✔
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by downdiver2 View Post
... and are stopped, just say "Sorry, I had it on at entry, I didn't see a sign and I will head to my car now and remove it".
Ignorance of the rules is no excuse.

Good luck getting out of that situation unscathed.

.45 ACP. It's like a 9mm, except for grown-ups.
Old 07-27-2019, 12:48 PM

I would never circumvent no carry policy on private property. Their land, their rule. If I don't feel safe with their policy, I simply will not be visiting.
Old 07-28-2019, 4:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag+1 View Post

Ignorance of the rules actually is an excuse. The most they can do is ask you to leave or return the firearm to your car. If you refuse THEN you can be charged with trespassing. Conveniently "not seeing" the sign isn't a crime.
Old 07-28-2019, 4:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpark09 View Post
Do you really want to take it that far, risking your life styles afterward and so on? Is it really that critical to carry by trying work around? I don't know about that. The consequences are way too serious.
What are the consequences? The spread of FUD?
Old 07-28-2019, 8:55 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubullett View Post
Ignorance of the rules actually is an excuse. The most they can do is ask you to leave or return the firearm to your car. If you refuse THEN you can be charged with trespassing. Conveniently "not seeing" the sign isn't a crime.

Let's just hope some tourist doesn't freak out and call the police with a "man with a gun" report. Your pie hole will be eating concrete faster than you can say "I didn't see a sign"! <SMH>

Old 07-29-2019, 6:51 PM

Quote:
Let's just hope some tourist doesn't freak out and call the police with a "man with a gun" report. Your pie hole will be eating concrete faster than you can say "I didn't see a sign"! <SMH>
Has anyone ever seen your CCW?

I don't plan on carrying it around waving it in the air screaming "I didn't see a sign! I have a CCW!" Thinking seems to be a lost art.

You have yet to state what the person would be in violation of. Why is that.....
Old 07-29-2019, 11:01 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Has anyone ever seen your CCW?

I don't plan on carrying it around waving it in the air screaming "I didn't see a sign! I have a CCW!" Thinking seems to be a lost art.
I guess you’re really not part of this whole conversation because if you bothered to read the original scenario—it was if someone got caught. It may be behoove you to read the original hypothetical scenario, originally written by @downdiver2, not me.

Quote:
You have yet to state what the person would be in violation of. Why is that.....
That's my point—no laws would have been broken; but some tourist calling in a MWAG won't know that...and neither will the cops when they first arrive.

Last edited by Mag+1; 07-30-2019 at 11:30 PM..
Old 07-30-2019, 4:05 AM

Does anyone pay attention anymore? There are Very few places that if you “sneak” your edc into its an actual crime. Schools, federal buildings, state buildings, wildlife preserves etc and the likes.. any other place regardless of what signs are posted and or security, IF you are confronted and LEGALLY allowed to CCW there is NO legal recourse unless you refuse to leave then they can charge you with trespassing.. YES some dildo will call the cops, yes it will waste part of your afternoon BUT at the end of the day no crime.
Old 07-30-2019, 4:59 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Could cost you your ccw if they push it.
Old 07-30-2019, 5:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassbones13 View Post
Does anyone pay attention anymore? There are Very few places that if you ďsneakĒ your edc into its an actual crime. Schools, federal buildings, state buildings, wildlife preserves etc and the likes.. any other place regardless of what signs are posted and or security, IF you are confronted and LEGALLY allowed to CCW there is NO legal recourse unless you refuse to leave then they can charge you with trespassing.. YES some dildo will call the cops, yes it will waste part of your afternoon BUT at the end of the day no crime.

Just curious, isnít a trespass a crime?

Also, if thereís LE contact, a report to IA then when renewal comes, good luck on explaining the reason why thereís a trespass. Very likely may issue county will not renew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2019, 6:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedM333 View Post
Just curious, isnít a trespass a crime?

Also, if thereís LE contact, a report to IA then when renewal comes, good luck on explaining the reason why thereís a trespass. Very likely may issue county will not renew.
in general its only a trespass if you don't leave when they ask. But yes, reporting the contact to the IA will likely cause issues with your permit/renewal
Old 07-30-2019, 9:35 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpark09 View Post
I would rather be in a capacity to protect my family then not be. I am also, not willing to forgo life's fun, places and adventures for others ideas of security. I am always going to be able to protect my family. If I can get in with a firearm, so can some crazy person. I don't think twice about that decision.
Old 08-05-2019, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgerly779 View Post
Could cost you your ccw if they push it.
Not true. Stop commenting on this thread if you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about.
Old 08-06-2019, 2:54 PM

As there is no PC in CA stating that carrying in business with posted no-gun sign is punishable by law, so unless there is specific restriction posted by IA says permit holder cannot carry in business with no-gun sign, generally you are good to go. Sea World's policy is only allow off-duty LEO with proper credential (not just badge) to carry, but not allowing private citizen w/ CCW permit. If they start to implement metal detector, than in that case they starts to get serious like Disneyland and Knott's. In that case hope they have a good enough quick response team to handle any incident.