Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns > Handguns Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Handguns Gallery Post your pictures of your favorite sidearm here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #521  
Old 04-18-2019, 9:34 PM
Noobnoob! Noobnoob! is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 42
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

My 92FS inox and 92A1

Reply With Quote
  #522  
Old 06-11-2019, 7:02 PM
jecogo17's Avatar
jecogo17 jecogo17 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 98
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Any one willing to sell a vertec model? I gave up scanning the market place forum . I figure I'd ask here directly whoever is on the fence about it. I have a 92fs and a 92A1. Both are great. I thought I'd start adding to my beretta collection.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #523  
Old 06-12-2019, 9:15 PM
champu's Avatar
champu champu is online now
NRA Member, CRPA Member,
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Redondo Beach
Posts: 1,477
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Arrived today. Came out looking and feeling as good as I'd hoped and everything moves like silk. Looking forward to shooting it Friday.





Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9775.jpg (84.2 KB, 1300 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9776.jpg (78.0 KB, 2939 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9777.jpg (67.0 KB, 1179 views)
Reply With Quote
  #524  
Old 08-15-2019, 7:29 PM
Ruber Ruber is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 114
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default The Beretta Picture Thread

Two of my favorite shooters..The 92fs compact has the WC ultrathin grips and the PX4 now has Talon Grips and 92 style safety.

Last edited by Ruber; 10-31-2019 at 10:03 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #525  
Old 08-18-2019, 10:53 PM
ducatiti's Avatar
ducatiti ducatiti is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 743
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Sorry if this has been posted but has anyone tried this out? I've been out of the Beretta game for a while and working on my other pistols and just saw this product tonight. Bought one without hesitation

For those who have installed it, did it require any fitting and what model do you have? Does it have to do with newer or older models that will require fitting?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H538XboLh1A
Reply With Quote
  #526  
Old 10-12-2019, 5:27 PM
SkyHawk's Avatar
SkyHawk SkyHawk is offline
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nakatomi Plaza - 30th floor
Posts: 17,056
iTrader: 181 / 100%
Default

84FS, Altamont Super Rosewood checkered panel medallion grips

__________________
.


Last edited by SkyHawk; 10-13-2019 at 11:11 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #527  
Old 10-12-2019, 6:15 PM
Ruber Ruber is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 114
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Very nice! I like those grips!
Reply With Quote
  #528  
Old 10-13-2019, 11:10 AM
SkyHawk's Avatar
SkyHawk SkyHawk is offline
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nakatomi Plaza - 30th floor
Posts: 17,056
iTrader: 181 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruber View Post
Very nice! I like those grips!
Thank you! Those are Altamont Super Rosewood checkered panel medallion grips. Love Altamont grips, they always do a great job.
__________________
.

Reply With Quote
  #529  
Old 12-01-2019, 1:40 PM
CHOPCHOP CHOPCHOP is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 61
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default



My 92FS Inox. Had the polishing and 24k plating done by Patriot Gun Polishing in Ft. Myers Florida
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20191120_182705_859.jpg (90.8 KB, 812 views)
Reply With Quote
  #530  
Old 12-02-2019, 9:01 AM
MosinVirus's Avatar
MosinVirus MosinVirus is offline
Happily Infected
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 5,241
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

bling!!!!
__________________
Hobbies: bla, bla, bla... Bought a Mosin Nagant... Guns, Guns, Guns...
Reply With Quote
  #531  
Old 01-02-2020, 5:04 PM
damngato's Avatar
damngato damngato is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Dimas
Posts: 3,871
iTrader: 147 / 100%
Default

With factory action tune


__________________
WTB:
Off Roster CZs
Off Roster Sigs
Pre-Lock S&Ws
FN 509 Tactical

Last edited by damngato; 01-02-2020 at 5:08 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #532  
Old 01-02-2020, 6:23 PM
SkyHawk's Avatar
SkyHawk SkyHawk is offline
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nakatomi Plaza - 30th floor
Posts: 17,056
iTrader: 181 / 100%
Default

^^^ Very nice!!
__________________
.

Reply With Quote
  #533  
Old 02-18-2020, 7:35 PM
jonnyt16's Avatar
jonnyt16 jonnyt16 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sparks, NV
Posts: 1,806
iTrader: 45 / 98%
Default

Can't honestly say I'm a big fan of the Beretta 92/96 series. There are just so many more better options (for me) out there. But one of the first semi-auto pistols I bought way back when was a 92FS. Don't know why but I never sold it, its just been sitting in my safe for all these years collecting dust.

Very recently though I dug it out and figured what the heck let's bring this thing back to life. Put in a Wilson Combat threaded barrel (currently got a Griffin Armament Resistance 9 in NFA jail for my other pistols), changed out the awful stock mag release, and threw on some VZ Recon grips. Have a 2-gun competition this weekend and might use this thing just for the fun of it, who knows.

Reply With Quote
  #534  
Old 02-20-2020, 10:30 AM
jecogo17's Avatar
jecogo17 jecogo17 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 98
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyt16 View Post
Can't honestly say I'm a big fan of the Beretta 92/96 series. There are just so many more better options (for me) out there. But one of the first semi-auto pistols I bought way back when was a 92FS. Don't know why but I never sold it, its just been sitting in my safe for all these years collecting dust.



Very recently though I dug it out and figured what the heck let's bring this thing back to life. Put in a Wilson Combat threaded barrel (currently got a Griffin Armament Resistance 9 in NFA jail for my other pistols), changed out the awful stock mag release, and threw on some VZ Recon grips. Have a 2-gun competition this weekend and might use this thing just for the fun of it, who knows.





I highly suggest you swap out the hammer spring for the wilson one. A world of difference for competition.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #535  
Old 02-20-2020, 2:43 PM
jonnyt16's Avatar
jonnyt16 jonnyt16 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sparks, NV
Posts: 1,806
iTrader: 45 / 98%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecogo17 View Post
I highly suggest you swap out the hammer spring for the wilson one. A world of difference for competition.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Excellent idea, thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #536  
Old 02-22-2020, 4:54 AM
owenv's Avatar
owenv owenv is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: East Bay
Posts: 270
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default



Reply With Quote
  #537  
Old 02-24-2020, 8:32 PM
Tokarevman Tokarevman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: San Francisco/Bay Area
Posts: 311
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default A Nice Acciaio Inox Tomcat



Reply With Quote
  #538  
Old 02-24-2020, 8:47 PM
Rogerbutthead's Avatar
Rogerbutthead Rogerbutthead is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,757
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

For some reason I like collecting Beretta 1934 types.

Here is one of the many I own:



The magazine removal design is seriously bad. If the pistol is fired until it is empty, the slide puts pressure on the empty magazine making it very hard to remove. You may have to pull the slide back further, utilize the safety catch to lock the slide further back - to remove the magazine easier.

Truly a dawg to ever use in a serious manner.
Reply With Quote
  #539  
Old 02-26-2020, 6:00 PM
FalconLair's Avatar
FalconLair FalconLair is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Summerlin, NV.
Posts: 3,251
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenv View Post
what holster is that?

is it the Fobus paddle holster?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barang View Post
I! hate! you! FalconLair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerDog View Post
I hate you FalconLair!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcvt View Post
They hate you FalconLair
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greta
HOW DARE YOU!! I hate you FalconLair
Reply With Quote
  #540  
Old 02-26-2020, 6:33 PM
SloChicken's Avatar
SloChicken SloChicken is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: McKenzie River OR; Gros Ventre, WY; LV; Abq.
Posts: 4,259
iTrader: 46 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconLair View Post
what holster is that?

is it the Fobus paddle holster?
I have a fobus paddle,holster,just like that for a M&P45 - retention is solid, but it is a pretty pedestrian holster as far as style goes.

Good enough I guess.
If you donít mind the much greater bulk, the full coverage holsters are great and what I use for my m9a1 with a lamp.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-Shooter
To me, it was a fist-fight, except that I did not counter-attack.
Reply With Quote
  #541  
Old 02-26-2020, 7:05 PM
Vinnie Boombatz's Avatar
Vinnie Boombatz Vinnie Boombatz is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 510
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

...

Last edited by Vinnie Boombatz; 03-27-2020 at 1:30 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #542  
Old 02-26-2020, 8:02 PM
RAMCLAP's Avatar
RAMCLAP RAMCLAP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orange, CA
Posts: 2,310
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenv View Post


PX4's are seriously under rated. Yours is beautiful.
__________________
Psalm 103
Reply With Quote
  #543  
Old 02-26-2020, 8:46 PM
iareConfusE's Avatar
iareConfusE iareConfusE is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: A rabbit hole in the East Bay
Posts: 4,464
iTrader: 65 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMCLAP View Post
PX4's are seriously under rated. Yours is beautiful.
No doubt. Sometimes I wish my wife's PX4 was my PX4.
Reply With Quote
  #544  
Old 02-26-2020, 11:29 PM
FalconLair's Avatar
FalconLair FalconLair is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Summerlin, NV.
Posts: 3,251
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMCLAP View Post
PX4's are seriously under rated. Yours is beautiful.
Seriously underrated - i did a few minor changeouts with mine - installed the Carry decocker/safety levers, all metal trigger, stainless steel guide rod

it's flawless, i use it as one of my EDC firearms and my HD drawer firearm

that's one of the reasons i was asking about owenv's holster - while i wouldn't use it for everyday carry i could surely see myself attaching my flashlight on it in the evening while it's serving as my HD firearm
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barang View Post
I! hate! you! FalconLair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerDog View Post
I hate you FalconLair!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcvt View Post
They hate you FalconLair
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greta
HOW DARE YOU!! I hate you FalconLair
Reply With Quote
  #545  
Old 02-28-2020, 1:18 PM
RAMCLAP's Avatar
RAMCLAP RAMCLAP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orange, CA
Posts: 2,310
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconLair View Post
Seriously underrated - i did a few minor changeouts with mine - installed the Carry decocker/safety levers, all metal trigger, stainless steel guide rod

it's flawless, i use it as one of my EDC firearms and my HD drawer firearm

that's one of the reasons i was asking about owenv's holster - while i wouldn't use it for everyday carry i could surely see myself attaching my flashlight on it in the evening while it's serving as my HD firearm
I got mine directly from Beretta. It's a polymer retention. I really like for about $35.
__________________
Psalm 103
Reply With Quote
  #546  
Old 02-28-2020, 2:53 PM
MosinVirus's Avatar
MosinVirus MosinVirus is offline
Happily Infected
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 5,241
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

I molested my 92fs through a number of configurations.
Can't find all pics, so screencaps from videos will have to do.

One of the first changes was to round the trigger guard and checker the front strap
Then I converted it to a vertec and modified the WC grips to fit the new profile.



Then it was a D



And then I modified an original hammer to a D hammer



That is why I love mine - it can be many different things.
__________________
Hobbies: bla, bla, bla... Bought a Mosin Nagant... Guns, Guns, Guns...
Reply With Quote
  #547  
Old 02-28-2020, 3:59 PM
Wordupmybrotha's Avatar
Wordupmybrotha Wordupmybrotha is offline
From anotha motha
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 5,559
iTrader: 62 / 100%
Default

Beretta and his cousin Taurus PT99.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200228_165140-1.jpg (97.0 KB, 456 views)
Reply With Quote
  #548  
Old 02-28-2020, 5:27 PM
jecogo17's Avatar
jecogo17 jecogo17 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 98
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosinVirus View Post
I molested my 92fs through a number of configurations.
Can't find all pics, so screencaps from videos will have to do.

One of the first changes was to round the trigger guard and checker the front strap
Then I converted it to a vertec and modified the WC grips to fit the new profile.



Then it was a D



And then I modified an original hammer to a D hammer



That is why I love mine - it can be many different things.


Hey Mosin! I didn't know you were on this thread, let alone a ca local. I knew this 92 looked familiar. I follow your channel and saw how you worked on this 92. Great work! You seriously posses a dying skill and art form as a smith.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #549  
Old 02-28-2020, 7:35 PM
Cpl_T-Pot's Avatar
Cpl_T-Pot Cpl_T-Pot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 331
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default The Beretta Picture Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecogo17 View Post
Hey Mosin! I didn't know you were on this thread, let alone a ca local. I knew this 92 looked familiar. I follow your channel and saw how you worked on this 92. Great work! You seriously posses a dying skill and art form as a smith.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, Moly Silly Nitride inspired me to do mine, except I didnít pay attention and think I took too much off the back so I didnít checker it.

And by the way the new factory G10 wrap around did fit mine but left a gap in the middle, I assume the overall thickness is slightly thicker than the factory Vertec, however the rubber wrap around works well enough, I ended up just sticking to either the Wilsons or the factory black m9a3 wrap around.


Last edited by Cpl_T-Pot; 02-28-2020 at 7:43 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #550  
Old 02-28-2020, 8:05 PM
MosinVirus's Avatar
MosinVirus MosinVirus is offline
Happily Infected
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 5,241
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecogo17 View Post
Hey Mosin! I didn't know you were on this thread, let alone a ca local. I knew this 92 looked familiar. I follow your channel and saw how you worked on this 92. Great work! You seriously posses a dying skill and art form as a smith.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you very much. Yes, I am lurking lately with nothing to post. Remodeling a house at the moment and have been for a while now. As soon as that is done i will make up a workshop and then the videos and pics will flow again.
__________________
Hobbies: bla, bla, bla... Bought a Mosin Nagant... Guns, Guns, Guns...
Reply With Quote
  #551  
Old 02-28-2020, 8:05 PM
MosinVirus's Avatar
MosinVirus MosinVirus is offline
Happily Infected
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 5,241
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl_T-Pot View Post
Yup, Moly Silly Nitride inspired me to do mine, except I didnít pay attention and think I took too much off the back so I didnít checker it.

And by the way the new factory G10 wrap around did fit mine but left a gap in the middle, I assume the overall thickness is slightly thicker than the factory Vertec, however the rubber wrap around works well enough, I ended up just sticking to either the Wilsons or the factory black m9a3 wrap around.

That is an awesome job!!!
__________________
Hobbies: bla, bla, bla... Bought a Mosin Nagant... Guns, Guns, Guns...
Reply With Quote
  #552  
Old 02-28-2020, 8:15 PM
Cpl_T-Pot's Avatar
Cpl_T-Pot Cpl_T-Pot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 331
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosinVirus View Post
That is an awesome job!!!


Thanks Mosin, I stayed away from the trigger guard for now, Iíve got to be in the right mind set to tackle that kind of job, Iíll hate myself if I screw It up.
Reply With Quote
  #553  
Old 03-22-2020, 6:30 PM
Str0ker Ace Str0ker Ace is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 7
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl_T-Pot View Post
Thanks Mosin, I stayed away from the trigger guard for now, Iíve got to be in the right mind set to tackle that kind of job, Iíll hate myself if I screw It up.
Did you polish the black off of the pistol? I have a model 96 centurion that is black. If so, how are you polishing the gun?
Reply With Quote
  #554  
Old 03-26-2020, 12:48 PM
Cpl_T-Pot's Avatar
Cpl_T-Pot Cpl_T-Pot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 331
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str0ker Ace View Post
Did you polish the black off of the pistol? I have a model 96 centurion that is black. If so, how are you polishing the gun?

I filed the areas that I re-worked then used a combination of 400&1500 grit sand paper, then used green scotch bright and finished with steel wool. I never used a polish.

Once I got it blended in, I sent the gun to be re finished where the rest of anodized was garnet blasted for a uniform and even surface prep, and coated with a custom blend of Elite Series Cerekote. If I would have dehorned the corners of the rest of the gun, the Cerekote would have lasted longer in the areas that contact my hands. The wear characteristic of the Elite Series is phenomenal in my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #555  
Old 03-26-2020, 2:49 PM
highpower's Avatar
highpower highpower is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cold Springs, NV
Posts: 3,810
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Military M9:











Reply With Quote
  #556  
Old 04-05-2020, 11:58 AM
Moonlight764 Moonlight764 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 10
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

First time sharing my Beretta with Calguns. This one started off as an Inox with the black plastic parts. Sourced all the Inox parts from Brownells and Brignoli Armi, then sent it off to Wilson Combat.

Reply With Quote
  #557  
Old 05-06-2020, 6:11 PM
Sequencer60's Avatar
Sequencer60 Sequencer60 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: OC
Posts: 179
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight764 View Post
First time sharing my Beretta with Calguns. This one started off as an Inox with the black plastic parts. Sourced all the Inox parts from Brownells and Brignoli Armi, then sent it off to Wilson Combat.

Beauty
Reply With Quote
  #558  
Old 05-09-2020, 6:19 PM
DriftinG Z32's Avatar
DriftinG Z32 DriftinG Z32 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 345
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default



Reply With Quote
  #559  
Old 05-10-2020, 8:28 AM
SoftHeart SoftHeart is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southern California
Posts: 195
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

My Dad's 92F Compact, it came from him to me 25 yrs. ago.


Reply With Quote
  #560  
Old 05-29-2020, 11:37 PM
Salientg19's Avatar
Salientg19 Salientg19 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 118
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default



Upgrades include:
Wilson Combat Short Trigger
Wilson Combat Steel Fluted Guide Rod
Wilson Combat Guide Rod 11 Spring
Wilson Combat Reduced Power Conversion Unit
Langdon Tactical Trigger Kit
Beretta Skeletonized Hammer
Beretta Allen Grip Screws
Beretta Aluminum Lanyard
Beretta 92 G-Conversion

Coming Soon: Cut and Crowned Barrel
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:49 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2020, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.
Tactical Pants Tactical Boots Tactical Gear Military Boots 5.11 Tactical