Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Gunsmithing & How To
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Gunsmithing & How To Pro, Amateur & WECSOG and Tutorials, Guides & OLL Build Instructions

Old 06-03-2019, 7:01 AM

Default Fightlite SCR w/Gibbz Side Charging Upper: Bolt not seating

Gun: Gibbz G4 side-charging upper, Fightlite SCR lower & BCG, Palmetto State Armory bolt

The bolt is not rotating to it's fully extended position when the BCG cycles to the back of the upper receiver. It almost feels like there's too much resistance on the bolt, preventing it from fully extending out.

Since the bolt doesn't extend out of the BCG fully, the lugs don't line up with their corresponding female mating surfaces on the barrel and the bolt won't seat properly when the BCG cycles forward.

I've disassembled, cleaned and lubed the bolt & BCG and it's still happening...

Anyone have any suggestions on how this might be addressed?

Old 06-03-2019, 2:10 PM

Empty chamber? Bolt head might be out of spec. Try a new bolt. Also if im not mistaken the gibz side chager comes with a replacement cam pin for the bolt for use of the side charging handle. You dont need it but in my case it removed the wiggle and play from the charging handle before it engages the bcg. This may or may not help in your problem. I would start with replacing or trying a different bolt or completely different bcg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk