Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:11 PM
Veteran Member

Default On a VERY serious note

ANY of you guys that are having a tough time, REACH OUT TO SOMEONE! SAY SOMETHING, we are all brothers and sisters in Arms. If you are having a tough time adjusting, dealing with demons, you are not alone. WE CARE and I WILL TALK WITH YOU. CALL ME, email me, pm me, but please say something. MORE people care about you then you know. You have more support and understanding than you think. Just let us help you through whatever you are going through. PLEASE.

Swallow your pride and reach out to a friend, family member, fellow calgunner VET, someone. do not take your own life.

I post this because with a heavy heart and a thoughtful mind I had a good friend I served with take his own life yesterday. I spoke to him two weeks ago and though all was good, I shouldve dug deeper to really find out how he was doing, but I didnt, now I can not help him no matter how much I want to. Please contact me if you are having problems, lets talk through it, lets help you get past it.

David
916-308-1844
David1kw.db@gmail.com

I am here for you. I get it, you are not alone. ITT GETS BETTER
Old 09-02-2014, 11:03 PM

Sorry to hear 1911. I have had that same experience.

A buddy took his own life and he only lived in Reno.

I Hadn't talked to him in about 6 months. Next thing I know. His son has no father.

I felt guilty. I should have stayed in contact better.

Bemiss (Ranger buddy) is helping out together the Valhalla Project to help combat
PTS (don't use the D) and give recognition to the 23 Vets a day that take their own life.

It will always get better. Some days, hours, moments are hard to get through. But you will get through it.

RIP to your friend and all those men and women we have lost.

"I said good day!"

Old 09-03-2014, 8:26 AM
Banned

Last edited by Anthracis; 10-21-2014 at 4:07 PM..
Old 09-03-2014, 10:30 AM

Hate to say but on average one vet every 24 hours commits suicide. Truly terrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleseed
A Rifleman understands that owning and mastering a rifle is part of his heritage as an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
No man, butt rape is happening like, all of the time in prison. It's basically just one huge orgy.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:02 AM
Calguns Addict

Great message bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.

What doesn't kill me, better run
Old 09-03-2014, 1:32 PM
Veteran Member

My uncle was an SF Medic with the 5th SFG in Vietnam. He shot himself in the head 5 years ago. He had been dealing with demons his entire life, but never reached out to anyone.

If you need help, like the OP posted, get it. Reach out to someone...

Sorry to hear about your friend OP.
Old 09-03-2014, 1:50 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: You can not protect the 1st Amendment without the 2nd Amendment........

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911whore View Post
I post this because with a heavy heart and a thoughtful mind I had a good friend I served with take his own life yesterday. I spoke to him two weeks ago and though all was good, I shouldve dug deeper to really find out how he was doing, but I didnt, now I can not help him no matter how much I want to.
You are a good man David, don't beat yourself up over what your friend did.
My one-time best friend decided to taste the barrel of his 1911. I beat myself up over it because I was not there for him, I let our relationship slide away, and he obviously didn't feel he could reach out to me in his hour of need. Maybe he just didn't want to.
Even if you had dug deeper, your friend may never have revealed how he was feeling deep inside. Not your fault.

Sorry for your loss..........

VF
Old 09-07-2014, 11:47 AM

^^ This Victor. Though 1911's message to us all is still an appropriate reminder to stay vigilante on this topic.

We had a NG soldier take his own life in the Armory parking lot last year, as he couldn't deal with the death of his brother from combat action.
Old 09-07-2014, 2:45 PM
Veteran Member

Damn

Yes, it's never too late to turn things around. And while it's often our nature to suck it up and drive on, you really don't need to bottle that **** up. Let it out - we'll listen. Bottom line: there may come a day when you feel like you can't see the next, but trust me - you can. And when you are able to get help and push through it successfully, you'll look back on that day with a fresh perspective and be glad you didn't apply a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
Old 09-07-2014, 4:30 PM
Calguns Addict

Sorry to hear of your loss. And, thank you for reaching out to lend an ear.
2. PW 800B converted to 800C (12 gauge) with lots of accessories and upgrades
3. Hornady 366 (12 gauge)
Old 10-06-2014, 11:33 PM
Veteran Member

Ever since I got out 5 years ago I have been battling the depression that was never really treated when I in. I feel as if nothing is working out for me. As it stands right now I feel like I'd be better off dead becuase I cant see anything worthwhile in my future. Ive tried getting professional help but it doesnt seem to help because these people dont know whats going on all they know how to do is prescribe pills and ask " how does that make you feel". Ive gotten to the end of my rope and next month i will run out of money. I havent been able to find work thats even worthwhile. Turners was a joke, TSS was just a bunch of wanna be cops acting like idiots, and URS was just me being made fun of and harrassed for being a Marine instead of a squid. Thanks for listening but i think i am beyond saving. i just had to get this off my chest.

To be American is to disobey.

Last edited by PyroFox79; 10-06-2014 at 11:51 PM..
Old 10-06-2014, 11:51 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Pyro, if you read this before you read my PM, I'll be here all night since I'm night crew. You're welcome to talk to me and we can try and get things figured out. Stay strong and Semper Fidelis.

This is an open invitation to anyone to talk to me. If I can't help you, I'll find someone who can. We're all brothers and sisters in arms. We've all suffered, cried and bled for each other. It isn't sign of weakness to ask for help.

Saw you added an edit to your post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroFox79 View Post
I havent been able to find work thats even worthwhile. Turners was a joke, TSS was just a bunch of wanna be cops acting like idiots, and URS was just me being made fun of and harrassed for being a Marine instead of a squid.
What are your skillsets? There are lots of LGS around town that would jump at the chance to hire a Marine Armorer. I can call a couple of my friends that are FFLs and see if I can set you up with an interview if that's what you're interested in doing. Have you tried putting your GI Bill to use yet?

Patches sold here. I am not affiliated with this page in any way.

Last edited by pterrell; 10-07-2014 at 12:00 AM..
Old 10-12-2014, 8:01 PM

If anyone in the long beach area wants to grab a beer and talk or whatever pm me for my info. There are people who care out there.
Old 10-12-2014, 8:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Talk to somebody, just don't talk to the SACO.
Old 10-17-2014, 6:28 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead714 View Post
Talk to somebody, just don't talk to the SACO.
Our old SACO was a hottie butter bar. I was OK having an excuse to talk to her

Patches sold here. I am not affiliated with this page in any way.
Old 10-17-2014, 8:36 AM

Anybody spoken with Pyro?

I just read his post.

"I said good day!"

Old 10-17-2014, 9:21 AM
Calguns Addict

I am also fighting with my demon and va at the same time. Getting very expensive. ..
Old 11-16-2014, 10:31 PM

Hey guys, i need your guys help. I have a friend at my work who recently was discharged from the army because he was hurt while deployed. From what he tells me he hurt his back from and IED explosion.

My concern is that he tells me that sometimes he has dreams about his friends dying and just messed up stuff he saw, he was a medic in the 82nd. He has had a hard financial time since he has gotten back ad started working at my work. I have loaned him some money just to help him get by and until recently has been living in his van. Recently he has been making comments that he is just going to kill himself since his life is miserable and he can't get a head. I have talked to him about his troubles and have reassured him that things will get better it just sucks right now.

Do you guys have any advise or any body I can contact to try and get him help or someone to talk too?
Old 11-20-2014, 2:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmikex View Post
Hey guys, i need your guys help. I have a friend at my work who recently was discharged from the army because he was hurt while deployed. From what he tells me he hurt his back from and IED explosion.

My concern is that he tells me that sometimes he has dreams about his friends dying and just messed up stuff he saw, he was a medic in the 82nd. He has had a hard financial time since he has gotten back ad started working at my work. I have loaned him some money just to help him get by and until recently has been living in his van. Recently he has been making comments that he is just going to kill himself since his life is miserable and he can't get a head. I have talked to him about his troubles and have reassured him that things will get better it just sucks right now.

Do you guys have any advise or any body I can contact to try and get him help or someone to talk too?

does your work have free counseling sessions available? if so, that would be a good place to start.

take him to the va and demand they see him. do not take no or we can schedule an appointment months later for an answer.

if he happens to call you and says he is going to end it all, go to him and do not leave him alone. just let him talk if he feels like it. the best thing you can do is listen.

where are you located at?

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." Napoleon Bonaparte

"Casualties many; Percentage of dead not known; Combat efficiency; we are winning." (Colonel David M. Shoup, USMC, Tarawa, 21 November 1943.)
Old 11-20-2014, 3:19 AM

I'm located in Simi Valley. We work at a tire shop so nothing like that is available but I do talk to him about his problems and always ask him how he is doing and text him and just shoot the **** with him.

Sadly he actually just got fired over some dumb stuff so makes me even more worried. He isn't doing anything crazy like calling me telling me that he is about to kill himself but he does seems to be depressed at least a couple times a week when I work with him. It's mainly his financial status. Recently a group of us at work all got together and helped fix some problems with his car and got him some new work clothes.

When I do ask him about going to va and getting hell if he needs it he just says he is fine or that they won't help him
Old 11-20-2014, 5:33 PM
Veteran Member

Talk is cheap. People saying things are going to get better doesnt make it so. I still cant see a way out of my situation but something that would actually make it better would make me feel better. Thats my opinion on the matter. I know how he feels, the VA doesnt help veterans they just pump them full of drugs and tell them the same bull **** about things getting better. Help him actually make more money or get a better job, help him improve himself.

To be American is to disobey.
Old 11-20-2014, 5:38 PM

Your awesome, if everyone reached out like you imagine. God bless you brother..
Old 11-21-2014, 9:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmikex View Post
I'm located in Simi Valley. We work at a tire shop so nothing like that is available but I do talk to him about his problems and always ask him how he is doing and text him and just shoot the **** with him.

Sadly he actually just got fired over some dumb stuff so makes me even more worried. He isn't doing anything crazy like calling me telling me that he is about to kill himself but he does seems to be depressed at least a couple times a week when I work with him. It's mainly his financial status. Recently a group of us at work all got together and helped fix some problems with his car and got him some new work clothes.

When I do ask him about going to va and getting hell if he needs it he just says he is fine or that they won't help him
ask him if he is in irr status. even if he is not, armyonesource might be able to help him.
also one other thing to try is have him see a chaplin or member of the clergy.
see if you can get in contact with some of his battlebuddies in the 82nd and have them reach out to him.
don't give up on him.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." Napoleon Bonaparte

"Casualties many; Percentage of dead not known; Combat efficiency; we are winning." (Colonel David M. Shoup, USMC, Tarawa, 21 November 1943.)
Old 12-17-2014, 4:06 PM

"Landmark Military Suicide Prevention Study Approved by Congress"

http://www.financial-planning.com/ne...2691414-1.html
Old 12-17-2014, 7:53 PM

I read somewhere that the number cause of death for mil is suicide? I'm disappointed the military has ignored or tried to dance around this for so long now (or if they haven't, that they haven't worked harder at it given that it kills more of the troops than enemies do).

Also a bit disappointed that they haven't addressed the rape issues in the military either though...
Old 12-17-2014, 9:42 PM

Buried a Ranger buddy yesterday after he took his life a couple of days ago.

Can't stop thinking about him. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418884910.729459.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1418884924.430197.jpg

"I said good day!"