Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 10-29-2015, 6:41 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Default CCW insurance coverage!

I know this has been posted before so no need to say "dupe". I wanted to share my personal opinion on the TWO CCW insurance policies I have. I decided to become a member of ccwsafe.com and USCCA.com. Each policy is a bit different but I wanted the maximum coverage I could get so I bought both. Firstly, ccwsafe.com cost $124.00 per annum and includes a $1,000,000 bail bond if needed. It is really not an insurance policy but an indemnity policy. If you need it they will provide you with expert lawyers to defend you both criminally and civilly. Any needed investigators or other experts will be brought in to defend you. ZERO money out of pocket as long as your self-defense shooting incident is done in a place where your CCW is recognized. Secondly, USCCA is an actual insurance policy. It is more expensive at $360.00 per year at the platinum level. It requires you to lay out the money for a lawyer and if/when you are found innocent they will reimburse you. Most of us do not have that kind of money lying around to hire a good lawyer to defend ourselves. I really did not like this policy, however, I bought it anyway because there is one thing in this policy that ccwsafe does not have. That being that it will pay you $500.00 per day that you are forced to miss work as a result of having to defend yourself in any court proceedings resulting from your self-defense shooting incident. This feature alone was enough for me to want to spend the money on both policies. All told it costs around $500.00 per year for both policies and is well worth the money IMO. I hope I never need to use it but it is nice to know that it is there if needed. Both policies are very easy to get and all you do is sign up online with your credit or debit card and you are covered immediately. Also, with your USCCA membership you get a really informative magazine called "Concealed Carry", which has a lot of great information for CCW holders. I can sleep better at night this way. This CCW holders 2 cents anyway!

"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!

"The Object of Life Is Not To Be On The Side Of The Majority, But To Escape Finding Oneself In The Ranks Of The Insane"-Marcus Aurelius!

"Dr. Thomas Sowell Is A National Treasure"-Big Jake!

Last edited by Big Jake; 11-26-2017 at 2:13 PM..
Old 10-29-2015, 7:04 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Good review.
I have CCWSafe and have pondered USCCA as well.
Thanks for the thread.
Old 10-29-2015, 7:10 AM

Thanks Big Jake. I got to put a few dollars away to get the platinum. It's on my list!

Carry safe!
Old 10-29-2015, 7:14 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Glad my suggestions help guys. As always, carry safely and may you never need to use it except, of course, at the range!

"The Object of Life Is Not To Be On The Side Of The Majority, But To Escape Finding Oneself In The Ranks Of The Insane"-Marcus Aurelius!

Old 10-29-2015, 8:01 AM

Thanks for the review, Jake. Once I get my CCW, I will sign up for CCW Safe for sure.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jake View Post
Glad my suggestions help guys. As always, carry safely and may you never need to use it except, of course, at the range!
Glad I got you to join USCCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluke the 2 View Post
Thanks Big Jake. I got to put a few dollars away to get the platinum. It's on my list!

Carry safe!
USCCA has a monthly plan, you don't have to pay it in full.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:26 PM

More I researched these "plans," the less convinced I was that they'd be there if I ever needed them.

My view? Carrying concealed is already an "insurance policy" for a very unlikely occurrence. I'm not sure it makes sense to keep buying more layers of insurance, especially when the available options aren't iron clad.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:59 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albs View Post
Glad I got you to join USCCA

USCCA has a monthly plan, you don't have to pay it in full.
Yep!

Old 10-29-2015, 1:00 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalAlumnus View Post
More I researched these "plans," the less convinced I was that they'd be there if I ever needed them.

My view? Carrying concealed is already an "insurance policy" for a very unlikely occurrence. I'm not sure it makes sense to keep buying more layers of insurance, especially when the available options aren't iron clad.
They are legit but each CCW holder needs to do/not do whatever they feel is best for them. Its a no brainer for me. carry on!

Old 11-02-2015, 11:52 AM

I have CCW Safe. I have considered USCCA but haven't made a decision yet. I may do a little more research after reading your post.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:23 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblr View Post
I have CCW Safe. I have considered USCCA but haven't made a decision yet. I may do a little more research after reading your post.
You can't have too much coverage IMO. Its only expensive until you need it!

Old 11-02-2015, 3:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalAlumnus View Post

What specifically did you learn about CCW Safe and USCCA that led you to that conclusion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-02-2015, 4:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Bald_Guy View Post
What specifically did you learn about CCW Safe and USCCA that led you to that conclusion?

Very interested as well. I'm thinking of adding to my umbrella insurance.
Old 11-02-2015, 5:05 PM

Subbed.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2015, 8:27 PM
Veteran Member

Anyone look into Second Call Defense?

http://www.secondcalldefense.org/

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
More what? More crazy?
You live in California. There's always more crazy. It's a renewable resource.
Old 11-06-2015, 9:28 PM
Veteran Member

Full disclosure I am a CCW Safe authorize dealer. Just for clarity I wanted to add a couple of things.
1) if CCW safe has to defend you (and they cover appeals) they will bill your USCCA legal coverage for recovery. [That's fair].
2) USCCA covers liability in addition to legal and bail.
3) Don't discount the educational value of USCCA. The magazine is more than a collection of ads, and the weekly tactical discussions are worth the time to watch, and the online article worth reading.

At the lowest level which is still valuable the pair cost $242. $99 For CCW Safe, and $143 for USCCA. If something goes down, CCW doesn't refer a lawyer and investigator specializing in CCW law, they send one. They tell you up front, exercise your right to remain silent and wait for your attorney.

Good value, worth checking out. By the way CCW Safe puts out on going educational articles, based on real incidents form the legal perspective. Worth reading those too.

Stay Safe
Old 11-06-2015, 9:34 PM
Veteran Member

tagged for later
Old 11-07-2015, 5:11 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantar2 View Post
Full disclosure I am a CCW Safe authorize dealer. Just for clarity I wanted to add a couple of things.
1) if CCW safe has to defend you (and they cover appeals) they will bill your USCCA legal coverage for recovery. [That's fair].
2) USCCA covers liability in addition to legal and bail.
3) Don't discount the educational value of USCCA. The magazine is more than a collection of ads, and the weekly tactical discussions are worth the time to watch, and the online article worth reading.

At the lowest level which is still valuable the pair cost $242. $99 For CCW Safe, and $143 for USCCA. If something goes down, CCW doesn't refer a lawyer and investigator specializing in CCW law, they send one. They tell you up front, exercise your right to remain silent and wait for your attorney.

Good value, worth checking out. By the way CCW Safe puts out on going educational articles, based on real incidents form the legal perspective. Worth reading those too.

Stay Safe
I bought both policies at the highest level of coverage. Cost me under $500.00 per year and it is well worth the money IMO. The chances of ever needing it are low, however, I sleep better at night knowing I've got both. I've studied the online articles and watched both company's videos online. I'm glad I've bought both and will continue to do so every year. The peace of mind is well worth it and I can't understand why anyone who carries would not have both?

It's a simple no brainier to me. I hope I never need to use it but like all insurance it's only expensive until you need it!

Last edited by Big Jake; 11-07-2015 at 5:14 AM..
Old 11-07-2015, 8:07 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I bought both policies at the highest level of coverage. Cost me under $500.00 per year and it is well worth the money IMO. The chances of ever needing it are low, however, I sleep better at night knowing I've got both. I've studied the online articles and watched both company's videos online. I'm glad I've bought both and will continue to do so every year. The peace of mind is well worth it and I can't understand why anyone who carries would not have both?

It's a simple no brainier to me. I hope I never need to use it but like all insurance it's only expensive until you need it!
Agree with you, worth every penny. I only mentioned the min, so those who are strapped for cash understand they can still get coverage, and still get value.

I figure my freedom is worth more than my cars, and I spend $1600 a year protecting them.
Old 11-07-2015, 8:15 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Exclamation

My 1911 IS my insurance, and the murderin', thievin', rapin', stealin' sumbeech that crosses me, better stand in good with the Lord.

OTHERWISE... HE'S gonna need some FIRE insurance...
Old 11-07-2015, 8:21 AM
Veteran Member

Thank you for review. If both policies work for you then great! I do hope it's smooth if it ever comes down to it.
Old 11-07-2015, 1:15 PM

I didn't realize USCCA requires you to lay out the cash for your attorney? I must have read something wrong
Old 11-09-2015, 4:12 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by notcaliforniadreamin' View Post
I didn't realize USCCA requires you to lay out the cash for your attorney? I must have read something wrong
Its in the fine print!

Old 11-09-2015, 7:22 AM
Veteran Member

Default CCW insurance coverage!

CCW Safe for legal representation, private investigator, etc. USCCA for $1,000,000 civil liability insurance and bail money.

CCW Safe is a more professionally run operation. USCCA is always hawking one of Tim's books or DVD's or something. Both together are better than one alone, but if I had to choose just one it'd be CCW Safe.

Old 11-09-2015, 8:01 AM

so let me get this straight, uscca requires you to pay for a lawyer, but if you have ccw, one will be provided for you w/o out of pocket, and then ccw will bill uscca if you win, afterward. so im only looking at uscca for missed time work compensation?
Old 11-09-2015, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterFD View Post
so let me get this straight, uscca requires you to pay for a lawyer, but if you have ccw, one will be provided for you w/o out of pocket, and then ccw will bill uscca if you win, afterward. so im only looking at uscca for missed time work compensation?
No, USCCA also provides civil suit damages. That means if the other party sues you and wins, USCCA will pay up. CCW Safe doesn't pay for ANY damages against you, they only cover the legal fees.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:12 AM

Default ccw insurance

I have Second Call Defense Insurance. Have not needed it yet, and hopefully won't! It provides a lawyer with a second call after being detained or arrested. The insurance has three layers of coverage, with each covering different amounts. I have the platinum, which is $35.00 a month. This was a no-brainer for me, as it gives me peice of mind.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:59 AM

Default USCCA New Benefits

Hi everyone! As of July of 2015, we've made some great added benefits even more valuable! The USCCA no longer has a "reimbursement" policy! Your defense is paid out as you go up to $100,000 with our Platinum Plus membership! We also have a Critical Response Team to assist you with retaining an attorney on your behalf wherever your self-defense shooting would occur in the 50 states. Our Mission is to Educate, Train and Insure Responsibly Armed Americans, therfore our Education and Training comes in the form of DVDs or emails that are sent out daily. Please visit our website for the most recent changes to our memberships, https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/, or contact our Customer Service Department at 855-877-9199. Stay safe!

Last edited by USCCA2004; 11-09-2015 at 12:04 PM..
Old 11-09-2015, 3:28 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCCA2004 View Post
Hi everyone! As of July of 2015, we've made some great added benefits even more valuable! The USCCA no longer has a "reimbursement" policy! Your defense is paid out as you go up to $100,000 with our Platinum Plus membership! We also have a Critical Response Team to assist you with retaining an attorney on your behalf wherever your self-defense shooting would occur in the 50 states. Our Mission is to Educate, Train and Insure Responsibly Armed Americans, therfore our Education and Training comes in the form of DVDs or emails that are sent out daily. Please visit our website for the most recent changes to our memberships, https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/, or contact our Customer Service Department at 855-877-9199. Stay safe!
I'm going to take a wild guess and assume that someone contacted you guys because they saw this thread and you looked it up and saw a great advertising source for new business? Not being critical as I'm a member of your organization. I'm just making an observation. Carry on and I hope you get some new business as a result. You can PM me for my address so you can send me my commission check !

Old 11-09-2015, 3:45 PM

I'm considering CCW safe for now because I can't afford the other one but my question is will they cover the attorney fees and will they send me one if something happened or I have to get an attorney ?.
Thanks
Old 11-09-2015, 4:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faris1984 View Post
I'm considering CCW safe for now because I can't afford the other one but my question is will they cover the attorney fees and will they send me one if something happened or I have to get an attorney ?.
Thanks
CCW Safe will cover all your legal fees. You will not have to look for an attorney, they have a team ready for you when you call them.

USCCA has a monthly plan if you can't pay for the full year.
Old 11-09-2015, 4:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albs View Post
CCW Safe will cover all your legal fees. You will not have to look for an attorney, they have a team ready for you when you call them.

USCCA has a monthly plan if you can't pay for the full year.
Thanks OP.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:20 PM

I also recommend CCW Safe. They cover all your legal fees plus $250,000 to $1Mil bail (depending on the plan you go with) Plus the staff and customer service are all very professional. I actually had the COO called me back when I had a question this one time.

Old 11-10-2015, 3:58 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faris1984 View Post
Thanks
As I stated above, CCWsafe is not an insurance policy. They are an indemnity company who will provide you with all the attorneys, investigators and other services you need in case of a self-defense shooting. They don't reimburse you for anything. They provide what you need to defend yourself!

Old 11-10-2015, 4:00 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Also, I put both USCCA and CCWsafe telephone numbers in my cell phone so if I need them I won't need to waste time looking for the number. Suggest everyone else do the same!

Last edited by Big Jake; 11-11-2015 at 12:09 PM..
Old 11-11-2015, 9:59 AM

Default USCCA Coverage

Hi everyone! The USCCA will work with other programs. If you are involved in a self-defense shooting, both insurance parties will speak with each other to determine who is primary and who is secondary.

Again, the USCCA provides an immediate bail bond and immediate retainer fee for the attorney and wil our Critical Response Team, your Case Manager will find an attorney on your behalf. Just another added benefit to give you peace of mind!

Stay safe!
Old 11-11-2015, 12:10 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCCA2004 View Post
Hi everyone! The USCCA will work with other programs. If you are involved in a self-defense shooting, both insurance parties will speak with each other to determine who is primary and who is secondary.

Again, the USCCA provides an immediate bail bond and immediate retainer fee for the attorney and wil our Critical Response Team, your Case Manager will find an attorney on your behalf. Just another added benefit to give you peace of mind!

Stay safe!
Tell Tim I said hi!

Old 11-13-2015, 5:49 PM
Veteran Member

It's funny how USCCA2004 isn't here to chit-chat. Just pure marketing/sales pitch (do they still say that?) all the way.
Old 11-14-2015, 7:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_DiveR View Post
It's funny how USCCA2004 isn't here to chit-chat. Just pure marketing/sales pitch (do they still say that?) all the way.
I don't know what I missed, but from what I read it seemed USCCA2004 just set straght what they cover.

sent from my bag phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
More what? More crazy?
You live in California. There's always more crazy. It's a renewable resource.
Old 11-16-2015, 5:47 AM

Default USCCA

Quote:
Tell Tim I said hi!

Will do Big Jake! Stay safe!