Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Gunsmithing & How To
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Gunsmithing & How To Pro, Amateur & WECSOG and Tutorials, Guides & OLL Build Instructions

Old 02-28-2011, 9:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOELKY View Post
You just missed 2 kits in the for sale section as you were writing that post.....
What were you thinking?
Nope, I saw them. I was toggling back and forth between my post and the parts sale section. I was sweating until I saw the the Yugo sold then I came back to reality.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Dr. Elky thanks you for taking the time away from searching the parts and accessories section to ask for some professional help..
I was actually just finishing my tax returns (more money for kits!) and packing up a virgin barrel + front end components for my next 74 build that I'm shipping off to turbothis tomorrow, but I guess you could say I was doing pretty much what you expected me to be doing (searching for parts).

It may well come down to selling off my various possessions to keep feeding this deadly addiction. The motorcycle would probably be the last on the list, though these Stoner rifles are starting to look rather expendable. But who would want to shoot that crap anyway? My guess is they wouldn't fetch more than $100, though I wouldn't take one for free myself, at this point... After all, why crowd up valuable safe space?

Quote:
First of all, I would like to know, Who paid you off to take the heat off the Cadillac?!!?! Me and my buddy Toes needs that Caddy-L-ack!!
I swear, nobody put me up to change the topic of discussion! Sorry to do so, but here's my attempt at putting the focus back on the Cadillac:

I'm partial to the limousine Deville. It would be awesome to see you guys rolling up to build parties in that.
Old 03-04-2011, 8:06 PM
CGSSA Director - C3 Leader & Regional Gun Show Booth Coordinator (LA/OC/IE)
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Well, where is he???

It's been almost a week now.

Did somebody bailed him out or is he's still at the "house"??

We need our therapy d**** it.

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable. George S. Patton
Old 03-04-2011, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlonewolf View Post
Well, where is he???

It's been almost a week now.

Did somebody bailed him out or is he's still at the "house"??

We need our therapy d**** it.
He's off playing with his new .45. Apparently he has other vices.

69Mach1
munkeeboi
TURBOELKY
antix2
WTSGDYBBR
tujungatoes
jmpgnr24K
Old 03-04-2011, 10:12 PM
CGSSA Associate

yeah he was suppose to me entertaining me the other day and I feel asleep waiting on him!
In all honesty I waffle between finding you disgusting and pitying you that your life is so void of anything substantial that you measure yourself by 'conquests' and who you know that can get you in where.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:50 PM

Someone ring?

Well hello there folks.
Dr. ELky here

Let me start off by thanking Mr.Lonewolf. Always concerned with Dr. Elky's well being. Mr. Lonewolf is a good man. I've know Mr. Lonewolf for years, and years, and years, and years. I've known Mr. Lonewolf for about 1.5 years now, and have shared many beers with Mr. Lonewolf, not from the same bottle, but the same batch. Over our course of friendship, we have shared many beers, conversations about life, life in general, and how cheap 7.62nato ammo use to be.

Mr. Lonewolf's outlook on life is bright. Real smart man this Mr. Lonewolf. Beer, Booze, Guns, cigarette's and cheap ho....well, I wont go there. I appreciate you Mr. Lonewolf, I really do.

Now Mach, what is this new .45 you speak of? OOOHHH, the one I'm cleaning as we speak? I figure this CLP on my laptop should improve my typing speed to about 75wpm with the slick viscosity of this "oil". Dr. Elky is to poor to afford a Colt .45, unless its in the form of a 40 oz. cold one from Seven Eleven....but he can afford good beer, so that's out of the question. If he could not afford beer, I'm sure some would manage its way to his superb garage (1 car) anyways with good friends such as Mach and Mr. Lonewolf.

Did I mention this "trade" Dr. Elky did with his USPc? Huh, interesting..

Lyte:
I'm sorry my friend. Dr. Elky had an urgent appointment with a patient in desperate need of "help". Ok, Dr. Elky fell asleep after a large dinner, on his couch. F yo' couch you say? Well F yo' couch...! I resent you said that because Dr. Elky loves his couch. Dr. Elky has made love on his couch many times, matter of fact, Dr. Elky has made love to his couch! Dr. Elky actually needs a new couch now days, he broke his couch making love on the couch, aaahhhh, good times..

So people, I hope all is well with you all and all is well. I hear there is a build party in San Diego in 2 weeks, it would be just terrible if you all do not attend. The way to a clean habit free life, is to conquer your habits head on....

On a final note:
If you put a small idiot mark on your 1911 pistol the first time you take it apart, it does NOT count as an idiot mark, absolutely not. NO, I didn't do that!

Good evening, and good night.
Yours truly,
Dr. Elky.

TURBOELKY

Last edited by TURBOELKY; 03-04-2011 at 10:53 PM..
Old 03-05-2011, 6:05 AM
Calguns Addict

WTF? An idiot mark...really Doc? Don't make me come over there and slap you around.

BTW when do I get to shoot that pistol?

Last edited by tujungatoes; 03-05-2011 at 6:12 AM..
Old 03-05-2011, 7:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujungatoes View Post
WTF? An idiot mark...really Doc? Don't make me come over there and slap you around.

Its just a tiny tiny one, very faint. After a few beers, it disappears 100%. You can shoot it when ever you see it "hanging" around.

TURBOELKY
Old 03-05-2011, 7:38 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte- View Post
yeah he was suppose to me entertaining me the other day and I feel asleep waiting on him!
Lyte-,

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "entertaining you" but, He could have been trying to do so when you fell asleep. If so, I think I know the problem. In the Dr.'s own words:
:
Quote:
Its just a tiny tiny one, very faint. After a few beers, it disappears 100%. You can shoot it when ever you see it "hanging" around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujungatoes View Post

If you want to see a big idiot mark, I'll show you the one I did on my CDPII.
Utah CCW Instructor

Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

KM6WLV
Old 03-05-2011, 7:44 AM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
Lyte-,

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "entertaining you" but, He could have been trying to do so when you fell asleep. If so, I think I know the problem. In the Dr.'s own words:
:

maybe that was the problem
In all honesty I waffle between finding you disgusting and pitying you that your life is so void of anything substantial that you measure yourself by 'conquests' and who you know that can get you in where.
Old 03-05-2011, 7:48 AM

Quote:
Lyte-,

:

Dang you got me with that one!!!!

TURBOELKY
Old 03-13-2011, 10:13 AM

Dr. Elky,
Another week has gone by with no word from you?

I've decided the only way to cure an AK addiction is to sell some of them.
Everyone on this thread probably has one or more Romy-G, AMD-65 and maybe a Polish or Egyptian one.

What you really AK Anonymous members need is something different, an early model, a pre-AK. So I'm selling these SKSs:

http://www.ntsystemscal.com/download/other/SKS3.htm
http://www.ntsystemscal.com/download/other/SKS2.htm
Old 03-13-2011, 10:31 AM
✰ Sometimes I Fly Armed
CGN Contributor

Location: This information has been redacted in accordance with Title 18 U.S. Code § 798

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
I'm not an addict. I can quit anytime, but I don't want to.
It's not a stopping problem, I just a starting problem...
Old 03-13-2011, 7:17 PM
www.Buildyourownak.info

Help me Dr. Elky!!!!

I just bought a Tula Krink kit with all the trimmings, and swore that I wouldn't do any more builds until I have built the kit (and payed down the credit cards some).
Helped a friend yesterday with his M-72 re-weld, and he was changing out the barrel so gave me the old one. The muzzle is gone (bulged, and torn up from the use of a steel cleaning rod) but the rifling is good for the first 17 or so inches from the chamber end.
I receive my Krink kit tomorrow but already on the parts sites looking for pieces to make a chopped RPK barrel either Kyber Pass build or M-72 pistol.
Will the urge to construct random parts I receive as gifts ever end????
How do I resist???
Old 03-13-2011, 8:03 PM
Veteran Member

I have accepted the fact that there is no such thing as extra or random parts. They are there for a reason. The flow should not be interrupted. Any part remaining after a build is simply the first part acquired for the next build.
Old 03-13-2011, 8:06 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoroshi View Post
Help me Dr. Elky!!!!

I just bought a Tula Krink kit with all the trimmings, and swore that I wouldn't do any more builds until I have built the kit (and payed down the credit cards some).
Helped a friend yesterday with his M-72 re-weld, and he was changing out the barrel so gave me the old one. The muzzle is gone (bulged, and torn up from the use of a steel cleaning rod) but the rifling is good for the first 17 or so inches from the chamber end.
I receive my Krink kit tomorrow but already on the parts sites looking for pieces to make a chopped RPK barrel either Kyber Pass build or M-72 pistol.
Will the urge to construct random parts I receive as gifts ever end????
How do I resist???
Speaking of which I really like that Muzzle brake you sold me in Hanford, where you get it from?
Old 03-13-2011, 8:10 PM
www.Buildyourownak.info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte- View Post
Speaking of which I really like that Muzzle brake you sold me in Hanford, where you get it from?
Glad you like it.
That was one of Rick's muzzle brakes.
He makes quality stuff, and will even do custom stuff if you contact him.
http://ak47brakes.ricksmuzzlebrakesa....com/index.htm

I have to agree Bob but I keep receiving random stuff. I am gonna need a night job.
Old 03-13-2011, 8:32 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoroshi View Post
Glad you like it.
That was one of Rick's muzzle brakes.
He makes quality stuff, and will even do custom stuff if you contact him.
http://ak47brakes.ricksmuzzlebrakesa....com/index.htm

I have to agree Bob but I keep receiving random stuff. I am gonna need a night job.

+1 for Rick...

He's made me several custom fake hiders for my krinks and even has done barrel work for me at pretty good prices as well.
Old 03-15-2011, 4:45 PM

I wonder if Dr. Elky is going to be available and open for bribes, cough,cough...... I mean contributions at the San Diego BP.

We may need some counseling, a word of advise or............... more cold beer.

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable. George S. Patton
Old 03-15-2011, 4:58 PM
Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlonewolf View Post
We may need some counseling, a word of advise or............... more cold beer.
I cannot conceive of us running out of beer at the SD BP unless people start showering with it. Dr. Elky should definitely come prepared to counsel his flock though
Old 03-15-2011, 5:07 PM

With a jockey box there will NOT be warm beer... EVER! Muhahahaha
& I can't wait to see Dr. Elky try a glass of arrogant bastard ale.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:17 AM

Hello? Hello, anybody out there? Oh man, where am I? Burp, BUUUUURRRRPPP... What's that smell? WHO, whaaahh...

Who am I? Oh man... that was crazy, toooo much beer and food! Oooohhhh, now I remember..

Hello, and good evening 8bit's and Nicks. Hope all is well in the community. Dr. Elky has been on a beer and BBQ extravaganza the past few weeks. Seams he was intentionally led to a possible relapse of sort, and almost fell into the trap!
Now Dr. Elky has been made aware of a beer and build party to take place in SD, notice the "beer" before build there. Dr. Elky has heard rumors of beer showers, beer drinking, beer bonging, and possibly beer ponging going on, and may show up just to make sure everyone......does it right.

Dr. Elky not only has his Doctorate in AK building, but in professional Beering too. Beering you ask? Yes, Beering. "How does one acquire a Beering license?" you ask again? Easy, drink a ton of beer. When you black out and wake up naked in your X mother in law's bathroom, you've earned it. If your arse hurts when you wake up....well, then you have other issues I cant help with..Sorry.
Now, Dr. Elky has high expectations for this "SDBP" thing this weekend.

As an experienced helper, Dr. Elky has implemented 1 sacred LAW to never be broken.....
NO HELPER SHALL BE LEFT BEER LESS!!!!! Failure to comply with this 1 LAW will result in the following:
Improperly Smashed rear trunnion rivets
Improperly Crushed center support
Bowed receiver from the improperly crushed center support
Backwards upper rails
No upper rails
Ejector rail replaced with a regular rail
Backwards selector stop
slashed tires
and yellow snow.

Well people, Dr. Elky will see you all very soon.
On a final note:

If your a man who wears white sunglasses, your probably a douche bag

Take care friends,
Dr. Elky

TURBOELKY

Last edited by TURBOELKY; 03-18-2011 at 12:20 AM..
Old 03-18-2011, 5:38 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
If your a man who wears white sunglasses, your probably a douche bag

Dr. Elky

Stop saying things I want to put in my sigline!
Quote:
I've been know to cross dress and go the other way at certain events.
Old 03-18-2011, 6:10 AM

What if I wear my sunglasses at night???.....

Old 03-18-2011, 8:14 AM
Calguns Addict

douchetastic!
Quote:
I've been know to cross dress and go the other way at certain events.
Old 03-18-2011, 8:16 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I'm starting to think that a few of you need to seek help from a different kind of doctor.
Utah CCW Instructor

Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

KM6WLV
Old 03-18-2011, 5:40 PM

I'm addicted to AKs and I only have one! Just bought the parts for my first build this week!

Got my tax return and asked myself: "Should I build an AR or an AK?". The answer to that question was an obvious one...
Old 03-18-2011, 5:47 PM
Veteran Member

Hello, my name is Chad and I believe I have an addiction.....
Old 03-27-2011, 4:28 AM

Quote:
I'm starting to think that a few of you need to seek help from a different kind of doctor.
Dr. Elky,

It's time you should defend your honored position against remarks like this.
Old 03-27-2011, 5:20 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspec5vz View Post
I'm addicted to AKs and I only have one! Just bought the parts for my first build this week!

Got my tax return and asked myself: "Should I build an AR or an AK?". The answer to that question was an obvious one...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmace22 View Post
Welcome to the dark side!
Old 03-27-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Hello there cmace22. I'll tell you buddy, your live in the wrong town. Such addictions can not be overcome with the great Dr. living in the same city, perhaps the same zip code. Beware....muahahahahahahahahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSystems View Post
Dr. Elky,

It's time you should defend your honored position against remarks like this.
Mr. ALSystems, my friend.

You should know, Dr. Elky takes no offense to such comments and offenders of my profession.

Dr. Elky has skin thicker than that of a fat girls....well, I wont say..

Dr. Elky has fear of nothing except his child's mother & taxes.

Dr. Elky is like "The Worlds Most Interesting man", but with New Castle.

Dr. Elky does not care if you care that he does not care about you caring if he cares.

Dr. Elky does not believe in birth control, because it makes him fat.

With that said, Dr. Elky recently relapsed. Yes, relapsed. It was a terrifying weekend, this past weekend. Beer was pouring, Dremel's were spinning, ....I built a new AK...

Dr. Elky has dedicated his time to showing you what a real addict goes through! By him having a relapse, let it be a lesson learned for you to follow..wait? Was that right?

On a final note:
Ex-lax does not cure hemorrhoids, it just makes life easier.

TURBOELKY
Old 03-28-2011, 7:06 AM
Banned

Fixed it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspec5vz View Post

Got my tax return and asked myself: "Should I build an AR or an AK three AK's?". The answer to that question was an obvious one...
Old 03-29-2011, 3:11 PM

Dear Dr. Elky.

I know what happen at the BPs stays at the BPs but I would like to ask:

Who is the son of Caiman?

How that happened?... ok, ok, ok, I know how that happens but, When?, Who?, ... forget about the How ( I don't need the specifics).

Oh mighty Dr. Elky, can you please enlighten us with your superb knowledge.

PS, spring it's finally here, I hope you have enough ice to keep them cold.

Old 03-29-2011, 3:44 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Hello there cmace22. I'll tell you buddy, your live in the wrong town. Such addictions can not be overcome with the great Dr. living in the same city, perhaps the same zip code. Beware....muahahahahahahahahaha
You're not in the "bank" too are you.....

Last edited by cmace22; 03-29-2011 at 4:42 PM..
Old 03-29-2011, 4:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiman View Post
"Son of Caiman" is a legend amongst the AK team. It pops up at certain build parties, but only when it's mommy brings it. So far SoC has been to San Diego, Canyon Country, Hanford and just recently the I.E. Next sighting is scheduled to be at CSA's in a few weeks. Lonewolf- you've held SoC, but before the naming process.
I knew it, that elusive SoC.

Old 03-29-2011, 5:03 PM

Quote:
You are not in bank too are you.....

Mr. Lonewolf.

Dear friend Mr. Lonewolf. Mr. Lonewolf my dear friend. My friend, how should I start this?

Dr. Elky's wealth of knowledge was not just acquired over night. Dr. Elky's knowledge is years and years of studying dirty mags, online videos, trips to the booby bar, and late nights on Century Blvd.
"What does that have to do with guns??" you may be wondering.....Absolutely nothing. But if you have a pair of guns, and a pair of boobs, what else is there to life? NOTHING. beer, money, cars
Now for most of us, this is the ideal life,
unless its Neil McCauley in a dress trying to pass off as a woman!!! now that would be scary...

Dr. Elky would like to thank you patients for your continuous participation of this group therapy. I understand sometimes you may feel down, depressed, shameful, we all do.
Dr. Elky has been denounced several times, but continues to remain prosperous through these trials and tribulations.

On a final note:

When in doubt, drink a beer, hell...drink 12. Life is always better when your passed out.

Dr. Elky

TURBOELKY

Last edited by TURBOELKY; 03-29-2011 at 9:31 PM..
Old 03-29-2011, 5:07 PM
Banned

Quote:

On a final note:

When in doubt, drink a beer, hell...drink 12. Life is always better when your passed out.

Dr. Elky
But...why beer when Kentucky still produces fine bourbon?
Old 03-29-2011, 5:10 PM

Next time Dr. Elky shows up in an airplane hanger, introduce him to this "Kentucky Bourbon"... He's never had such a thing...

Upon parking my SUV in the garage tonight, I've come to another "final thought".....

If your a man wearing Sketcher "shape ups".... seek therapy.

TURBOELKY

Last edited by TURBOELKY; 03-29-2011 at 9:33 PM..
Old 03-29-2011, 10:17 PM

Default Looking for a gateway

Ok, so I'm not new to guns. I've been shooting now for about 3 years. I am new to the AK. It never appealed to me until my brother turned me on to the Saiga variants. I'm in love with the fact that they are pretty much indestructible and ammo is dirt cheap. I am in love with the fact that dozens of armies around the world have chosen the Ak and that I have seen videos of small children and blind adults building AKs in dirt hovels in the mountains of Afghanistan.

I do plan to immediately purchase a Saiga in 7.62x39 and at least 2k rounds of ammo as soon as buds notifies me that they're in stock.

BUT

I also want to build an AK. I am a complete n00b and would like some info.

Generally how much does it cost to build one in parts? What skills are necessary? I have some tools but not hydraulic presses..

a few years back I got into building things and a gun is on my to do list. HEEELLPP
Old 03-30-2011, 4:04 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by okimreloaded View Post
Ok, so I'm not new to guns. I've been shooting now for about 3 years. I am new to the AK. It never appealed to me until my brother turned me on to the Saiga variants. I'm in love with the fact that they are pretty much indestructible and ammo is dirt cheap. I am in love with the fact that dozens of armies around the world have chosen the Ak and that I have seen videos of small children and blind adults building AKs in dirt hovels in the mountains of Afghanistan.

I do plan to immediately purchase a Saiga in 7.62x39 and at least 2k rounds of ammo as soon as buds notifies me that they're in stock.

BUT

I also want to build an AK. I am a complete n00b and would like some info.

Generally how much does it cost to build one in parts? What skills are necessary? I have some tools but not hydraulic presses..

a few years back I got into building things and a gun is on my to do list. HEEELLPP
Keep reading in this section and you can make a complete order list of parts and where to get them. When you know when you'll have the parts and kit in hand sign up for a build party. Caution: after building and test firing you may find yourself planning a few more builds!