Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > L.A. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2016, 5:18 AM

Smile New Range Torrance Area update

For those of you that would like to be added to our email group that will be sending out updates, pictures of range development, please email me at: wellarmedglockgirl@gmail.com
I will be glad to add you. We will also be starting a fb and instagram page soon.
Thank you
Old 02-10-2016, 8:57 PM

Where in Torrance?
Old 02-10-2016, 8:59 PM
RSG Minion, Senior
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Thanks for the info.

When are you hoping to open?
Old 02-11-2016, 5:05 AM

We are hoping/praying to open June 2016/July 2016. If you are interested in joining the email group, please email me: wellarmedglockgirl@gmail.com Thank you
Old 02-11-2016, 8:00 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumpak View Post
Where in Torrance?
Next to Lawndale. In LA County.

South of LAX, I405 and Hawthorn Blvd or thereabouts.
Old 02-12-2016, 4:18 PM
Veteran Member

Email sent!

A government is a body of people usually notably ungoverned.
Old 02-17-2016, 7:02 PM

Sweet, 5 mins from work
Old 02-17-2016, 7:16 PM
I need a LIFE!!

How close to Sharpshooters?

Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
(thanks to Jeff Cooper)
Old 12-02-2016, 9:33 PM
RSG Minion, Senior

Pistolprof:

Been a while.

Could you provide an update on opening the range?
Old 12-03-2016, 8:32 AM

Default Range update

Yes we are still going to open the range!! We are very excited about it. We have had to get a new Real Estate Agent to find us a building. It has been very difficult to find the right building due to it having to have such long dimensions for rifle lanes and also because it is a training center, we need special training lanes, rooms etc. We know exactly how we want it, so putting it together will NOT take a whole lot of time. We have people on board ready to move when we are. We have been able to start our Ammunition part of the business. We manufacture and sell our ammo. It is ALL NEW and ALL Brass! We test our ammo and guarantee it!! Thank you for asking for range updates! You will NOT be disappointed in the range, that much I can guarantee! Customer Service is going to be AWESOME as well!! If you would like to contact me directly for range updates and ammo, my address is: Wellarmedglockgirl@precisiondefensive.com
Old 12-03-2016, 12:12 PM
RSG Minion, Senior

Thank you for the reply.

Looking forward to Opening Day.
Old 12-06-2016, 5:25 PM

Glad to hear that! We are excited as well! We need a NICE training center!
Old 12-06-2016, 5:30 PM
Veteran Member

Will steel case and bimetal jacket ammo be allowed in your future range?
Old 12-06-2016, 5:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus343 View Post
Will steel case and bimetal jacket ammo be allowed in your future range?
No, I am sorry. It will be brass only.
Old 12-06-2016, 6:12 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolProf View Post
No, I am sorry. It will be brass only.
Your closest competitor allows steel and aluminum cased ammunition so that will cause me to sometimes go there. I just fired some 32 and 380 auto Blazer aluminum there today but mostly brass cased ammo and I left it all except some 45 Long Colt.
Old 12-06-2016, 6:20 PM
Veteran Member

I can understand not allowing aluminum but please consider allowing steel cased ammo. It's easy to separate with a magnet broom and cheaper ammo would bring in more customers.

A government is a body of people usually notably ungoverned.
Old 12-06-2016, 6:30 PM
Veteran Member

They have a ammo business going on as well
I believe this is why they won't allow steel case
Old 12-06-2016, 6:42 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus343 View Post
They have a ammo business going on as well
I believe this is why they won't allow steel case
That is why I can literally walk to one range yet I travel 20 miles away to go to one that allows steel and aluminum cased and does not have a brass theft policy. Strike one no steel cases.

Strike two no aluminum. Strike 3 would be not allowing me to take my own brass. If there would be this policy like that range in Beaumont or Banning or the one in Skid Row I'd never go there.

Anyways will this range have gun sales and if so will this also include consignment and used guns? Also if you will require my thumbprint to be allowed to use the range I won't be going there.
Old 12-11-2016, 1:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Swan View Post
That is why I can literally walk to one range yet I travel 20 miles away to go to one that allows steel and aluminum cased and does not have a brass theft policy. Strike one no steel cases.

Strike two no aluminum. Strike 3 would be not allowing me to take my own brass. If there would be this policy like that range in Beaumont or Banning or the one in Skid Row I'd never go there.

Anyways will this range have gun sales and if so will this also include consignment and used guns? Also if you will require my thumbprint to be allowed to use the range I won't be going there.
If you choose not to use our range because of the ammo that we will allow, that is ok. I am sorry to hear that.
As for the thumbprint, never thought about that but don't think we are going to do that. We will have self check in with iPads, you can pay on the machine etc...to keep the check in process quick and easy.
Old 12-11-2016, 1:36 PM

Quote:

Yes, gun sales and consignment.
Old 12-11-2016, 3:46 PM
Banned

1. besides private label ammos, will you be selling national brands as well?

2. online operation for ammo? If you decide to have ammo operations like LAX (competitive online pricing) and let in-person pick up, you will see huge upside.
Old 12-11-2016, 4:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgersvin67 View Post
1. besides private label ammos, will you be selling national brands as well?

2. online operation for ammo? If you decide to have ammo operations like LAX (competitive online pricing) and let in-person pick up, you will see huge upside.
We are currently working on the online sales. Our website is being built. We have people calling me to place orders. If you are within 100 miles of Gardena. I will deliver, no charge. Our ammo is ALL new and ALL brass. It is excellent quality, very clean. We test our ammo on a regular basis. We give Military, Fire and Police discounts.

Not sure if we will see national brands as well.
Old 12-12-2016, 9:17 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
If you choose not to use our range because of the ammo that we will allow, that is ok. I am sorry to hear that.
As for the thumbprint, never thought about that but don't think we are going to do that. We will have self check in with iPads, you can pay on the machine etc...to keep the check in process quick and easy.
It is more than OK and expect to lose business since your local competitor allows steel and aluminum. I didn't realize Hillary Clinton was going to ban shooting ranges. Also you never answered the question about brass theft policies.

Will you have policies in place restricting customers from picking up their own brass or charge more to people that bring their own ammo as Insights does?

Can you explain to us why steel cased ammo is bad? There is a magical device called a magnet that can sort it out. Please don't use tired old excuse that it is dangerous or it burns down ranges. I can respect if you are honest and admit it is a greed issue.
Old 12-12-2016, 5:33 PM

The ammunition issue is one reason why I advocate for serious shooters to use private, outdoor venues that don't have silly restrictions.
Most public ranges, and most indoor facilities, have issues with drawing from holsters or carrying concealed, shooting in low-light conditions using weapon lights, and shooting from positions other than from behind some table in a stall.
I understand why, being open to the public, but the ammunition limitations make no sense to me.
Old 12-12-2016, 6:23 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastinline View Post
The ammunition issue is one reason why I advocate for serious shooters to use private, outdoor venues that don't have silly restrictions.
Most public ranges, and most indoor facilities, have issues with drawing from holsters or carrying concealed, shooting in low-light conditions using weapon lights, and shooting from positions other than from behind some table in a stall.
I understand why, being open to the public, but the ammunition limitations make no sense to me.
Ammo restrictions make plenty of sense to the range owners. The almighty dollar. They are in business to make money but the steel case issue and brass theft are money grabs and greed. What really irritates me is the lies and half truths used to conceal that. I used to operate a range I know what I speak of.

Also we didn't restrict hollow points, steel case or jacketed ammo or aluminum and guess what? The range never melted or burned down.
Old 12-12-2016, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Also we didn't restrict hollow points, steel case or jacketed ammo or aluminum and guess what? The range never melted or burned down.
Exactly.
I remember when a few nano-managing grandmotherly types tried to change club rules to prohibit the use of bi-metal jacketed bullets, or steel cases from being used. We halted that idiocy before it ever got going.
Old 12-13-2016, 5:56 AM
Veteran Member

Wow, someone sure scrubbed this thread to benefit op.
Old 12-13-2016, 5:19 PM

Quote:
It is more than OK and expect to lose business since your local competitor allows steel and aluminum. I didn't realize Hillary Clinton was going to ban shooting ranges. Also you never answered the question about brass theft policies.

Will you have policies in place restricting customers from picking up their own brass or charge more to people that bring their own ammo as Insights does?

Can you explain to us why steel cased ammo is bad? There is a magical device called a magnet that can sort it out. Please don't use tired old excuse that it is dangerous or it burns down ranges. I can respect if you are honest and admit it is a greed issue.
We will not have a policy in place restricting customers from picking up their own brass. If someone wants to take the time to do that fine with me as long as it is their own.
Also for the steel cased ammo. We know of a range that was burnt down due to ammo (we were told). We have been told by many range owners that allowing steel cased ammo, is not a good idea. Hope that helps.
Old 12-13-2016, 7:59 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
We will not have a policy in place restricting customers from picking up their own brass. If someone wants to take the time to do that fine with me as long as it is their own.
Also for the steel cased ammo. We know of a range that was burnt down due to ammo (we were told). We have been told by many range owners that allowing steel cased ammo, is not a good idea. Hope that helps.
I would love to see more details and proof of that happening. What types of bullets will not be allowed? Hollow point, non jacketed lead? Will there be a surcharge for not buying range ammo? I'm really wondering how Sharpshooters in Torrance hasn't exploded or burnt to the ground yet in many decades of allowing steel case and jacketed ammo.
Old 12-13-2016, 9:32 PM
Veteran Member

It's simple
Follow what others have done
Ignore requests from fellow calgunners
Sounds like every other range I know of ...
Old 12-14-2016, 8:47 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
We know of a range that was burnt down due to ammo (we were told). We have been told by many range owners that allowing steel cased ammo, is not a good idea. Hope that helps.
I'm very interested in this. Please let us know the name of the range so we can check it out.
Old 12-14-2016, 9:43 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Who are these range owners you have been speaking too? So your future competition has been helping you out

I have also been told many things such as the existance of Santa Claus but I do not necessarily believe them without proof.
Old 12-14-2016, 2:02 PM

Quote:
It's funny you think having self check in will keep the check in process quick and easy. Anytime you let customers do things on their own, it always takes longer.

I see it everytime when I have a photo booth event, right on the screen it says select color or black and white to start, but I always get people who stand there for a minute or two before I can hear them yelling at the screen or they come out and ask me why I haven't started their pictures yet. I then apologize for it being a super complicated system and tape the screen for them.

Ever use self checkout at the grocery store? Some people have no business using self checkout.... ever.
Old 12-14-2016, 2:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogohopper View Post
Wow, someone sure scrubbed this thread to benefit op.
what did I miss?
Old 12-15-2016, 5:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneeasy View Post
It's funny you think having self check in will keep the check in process quick and easy. Anytime you let customers do things on their own, it always takes longer.

I see it everytime when I have a photo booth event, right on the screen it says select color or black and white to start, but I always get people who stand there for a minute or two before I can hear them yelling at the screen or they come out and ask me why I haven't started their pictures yet. I then apologize for it being a super complicated system and tape the screen for them.

Ever use self checkout at the grocery store? Some people have no business using self checkout.... ever.
Thank you for your input.
Old 12-19-2016, 7:51 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
We know of a range that was burnt down due to ammo (we were told). We have been told by many range owners that allowing steel cased ammo, is not a good idea. Hope that helps.
I'm very interested in this. Please let us know the name of the range so we can check it out.

................and.................

I see where you asked, and have had answered, about getting vendor status here on CG?

Any luck, now that the election is over
Old 12-19-2016, 8:16 AM
Calguns Addict

I'm still wondering what bullet types will be disallowed? Seems bimetal jackets. How about hollow point or non jacketed lead? And will there be a surcharge if not buying ammo from your range? That Skid Row range probably does this but I don't shoot there.

Insights does this I can't remember if Sharpshooters does as I buy the 5x visit range pass.
Old 12-19-2016, 2:58 PM
Veteran Member

If sharpshooters upgrade their target hanger system, and ventilation and their lighting
And change their attitude, it'll be a nice range
Old 12-28-2016, 8:51 PM

So uh what's the update?
Old 12-29-2016, 6:02 AM
-DVC- Mojave Lever Crew

hahaha... no kidding.

Did this place ever open?

We need more shooting ranges. Yesterday, in fact all week, LAX Firing Ranges has had an hour-and-a-half wait. I realize it's the Holidays and all, but, really? 1.5 hrs? I could drive to Mojave.

NRA Lifetime | Avatar courtesy Elon Musk's Twitter User SomthingWicked