Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > O.C. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2013, 1:25 PM

Default Indoor Range that will allow...

Me to shoot slugs, 00 buck, 6 shot, 7 1/2 shot, and 8 shot and using my own ammo?

Been to Insight shooting range and they only allow birdshot and if I buy the ammo from them. Field time target only allows slugs.

Any suggestions?
Old 11-12-2013, 4:36 AM
CGN Contributor

Are you sure Insight allows birdshot? Usually the whole point of the range making you use their shotgun shells is to ensure that only slugs are used. Birdshot and buckshot wreaks havoc on an indoor range, which is why many won't allow shotguns at all. In other words, you probably won't find what you are looking for. Outdoor ranges are much more shotgun-friendly.

DISCLAIMER: The information contained herein is general in nature, which may not apply to particular factual or legal circumstances, and is intended for informational purposes only. Consistent with Calguns policy, the information does not constitute legal advice or opinions and should not be relied upon as such. Transmission of the information is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Readers should not act upon any information in my posts without seeking professional counsel.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:06 PM

That's what the guy on the counter told me. Birdshot only, which is bought from their counter. I guess that's a business opportunity, an indoor range that would allow restricted calibers/ammo from other competitor ranges. Cha-ching!
Old 11-12-2013, 12:20 PM

Check out iron sights in oceanside. never had a problem shooting shotguns there. Brought/ shot my own ammo everything from birdshot to slugs
Old 11-12-2013, 12:28 PM
Veteran Member

check with field time shooting range

Old 11-12-2013, 2:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by press press View Post
Check out iron sights in oceanside. never had a problem shooting shotguns there. Brought/ shot my own ammo everything from birdshot to slugs
That's quite a drive from where I live. But I will definitely consider them. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
15yd ~ 25yd shot pattern should still be under silhouette size with minimal flyers..

hang your targets head down to keep shot out of the caswell..

add firing line to your list to ask..

and call Evan's and ask about the rules on rifle/shotgun night..

http://egsw.com/calender/

I suspect that if you have a good enough reason and maybe enough guests to make it worth their while, one of these places will let you reserve a section to do whatever you want that's safe and legal..
Will check them out. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNCaliber View Post
check with field time shooting range
Already did. They only accept slugs.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:07 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
15yd ~ 25yd shot pattern should still be under silhouette size with minimal flyers..

hang your targets head down to keep shot out of the caswell..
Case in point for why there is a concern. Experienced shooters may not have a problem controlling an "under silhouette size" pattern, but novice shooters will be more likely to have that shot all over the place off the target.

DISCLAIMER: The information contained herein is general in nature, which may not apply to particular factual or legal circumstances, and is intended for informational purposes only. Consistent with Calguns policy, the information does not constitute legal advice or opinions and should not be relied upon as such. Transmission of the information is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Readers should not act upon any information in my posts without seeking professional counsel.
Old 12-26-2013, 8:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daskid View Post
That's what the guy on the counter told me. Birdshot only, which is bought from their counter. I guess that's a business opportunity, an indoor range that would allow restricted calibers/ammo from other competitor ranges. Cha-ching!
This was at Insight?
Gay marriage, guns, a bureaucratic community college system, mandatory 10 day waiting periods, beautifully-ethinically-diverse-and-often-stuck-up-spoiled hot girls, marijuana licenses, San Francisco & Los Angeles, legislation for paparazzi, rioting in celebration (when the Lakers win), rioting for injustice (Rodney King), Celebrities Rights Laws, and non-stop beautiful weather; what not to like about our glorious People's Republic?