Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Diego Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2018, 7:45 PM

Default San Diego Precision Rifle Club

Anybody have any info about this club/been to any matches? I'm curious about what kind of stages/ranges they run and the required experience level to participate

https://practiscore.com/sdprc-april-match/register

From what I can tell, they run at the same time as the NCSA Highpower matches @ Pala range, on the 3rd Sunday
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Old 05-09-2018, 5:15 AM
Veteran Member

https://youtu.be/h6RkC2CClwM

Pretty sure it's this format.
Old 05-09-2018, 6:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baranski View Post
https://youtu.be/h6RkC2CClwM

Pretty sure it's this format.
Thanks, didn't think to check YouTube. By my count looks like 10 rounds per stage, which is a positive since I don't want to drop $$$$ on a second Tikka mag.

I may go in June if they have a match then.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Old 05-10-2018, 9:03 AM

They've changed their focus to more of the PRS style of matches. A lot of people of varying skill. They're fun. Some matches do require you to reload, so an extra mag may come in handy. The guy that runs in the matches is a cool dude and one hell of a shot. You can learn a lot out there.
Old 05-11-2018, 6:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddd View Post
They've changed their focus to more of the PRS style of matches. A lot of people of varying skill. They're fun. Some matches do require you to reload, so an extra mag may come in handy. The guy that runs in the matches is a cool dude and one hell of a shot. You can learn a lot out there.
PRS style is what I'm after - never done anything like it, and as far as I'm aware there's no other PRS style matches close to San Diego

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2018, 6:39 AM

They're the ones to go to, you'll have fun. Go with an open mind and you'll learn a lot.