Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > O.C. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2013, 1:36 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thumbs up OC Armory Appreciation Thread

OC Armory often comes up as a recommended gun store in Orange County, but I think they deserve their own appreciation thread.

Mike, Patrick, and Joe are all good guys that really service the gun enthusiasts.
Service to the point of where I wouldn't know where to go and what to do if it wasn't for these guys.

OC Armory will:

* SSE just about anything. Even other gun shops in OC will send purchases from their customers over to OC Armory.

* Give you parts kits (since it is currently LEGAL for them to do so) or block out 'standard capacity' magazines to 10 rounders for a small fee.

* On spot gun smithing if they are not currently swamped. Install a LPK, swap out a trigger, whatever you need quickly and at a good price.

* Lower transfer fees than other shops in the OC. And _stupidly_ low transfer fees if you are trying to DROS/Transfer a mix of firearms from multiple sources.

* Easy PPT. They treat it like any other transaction without complaints or issue.

They appear to be an ordinary shop if you are doing ordinary off the shelf purchases but no one touches them if customer service is needed. I speak from personal experiences with them on all of the highlighted points.

Last edited by Glocker23; 10-24-2013 at 1:39 AM..
Old 10-24-2013, 8:51 AM

I couldn't agree more with every one of your points. Mike is an encyclopedia of knowledge and very helpful.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:43 PM

As I said on a different thread, Mike (and every other staff member at OC Armory) has been polite, professional and always eager to help. He installed an ejector in a 1911 for me - free. I supplied the ejector and he took the time to install it for me on the spot and for no charge. He and his staff are efficient, kind and knowledgeable. Big time fan.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:54 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: You can not protect the 1st Amendment without the 2nd Amendment........

After hearing so much about OC Armory, I was a little disappointed to find it such a small gun shop with little inventory when I went there to transfer a handgun to another CGer from down there.
But, Mike couldn't have been nicer and the transfer went quickly and smoothly.
I wear an OC Armory proudly whenever it's not in the dirty hamper!
Good LGS to be sure.
Old 10-24-2013, 1:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorFranko View Post
After hearing so much about OC Armory, I was a little disappointed to find it such a small gun shop with little inventory when I went there to transfer a handgun to another CGer from down there.
But, Mike couldn't have been nicer and the transfer went quickly and smoothly.
I wear an OC Armory proudly whenever it's not in the dirty hamper!
Good LGS to be sure.
OC Armory carries a lot of bread and butter firearms which makes sense considering the square footage that they have to work with. They are very open and helpful when it comes to receiving outside firearms however.
Old 10-24-2013, 1:28 PM

I was in there last month and overheard a customer complaining........

That they weren't getting charged for the service
"I got to pay you something this time"
Old 10-24-2013, 1:38 PM

they have some really cool stuff in the cases. always friendly, professional, and knowledgeable.
Old 10-24-2013, 1:42 PM

I love OC Armory Since I have discovered them I don't even bother to look at that stupid "safe handgun" list. Thanks OC Armory
Old 10-25-2013, 5:35 AM

OC Armory is definitely one of the best LGS here in SoCal. I've driven all the way there more than once from LA county for my out of state transfer transactions. Mike and the boys there are top notch.
Old 10-25-2013, 5:38 AM
CGN Contributor

Whenever I need something firearms-related, I always start with OC Armory. I try to throw as much business their way as possible because it is in all of our best interest to keep that shop open and thriving.

DISCLAIMER: The information contained herein is general in nature, which may not apply to particular factual or legal circumstances, and is intended for informational purposes only. Consistent with Calguns policy, the information does not constitute legal advice or opinions and should not be relied upon as such. Transmission of the information is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Readers should not act upon any information in my posts without seeking professional counsel.
Old 11-13-2013, 6:03 AM
In Memoriam

Their are very firearms savvy, great customer service and honesty nice guys. So far I've done only 2 firearm pick ups from them. Bought firearms from LC Action in San Jose, to have it transferred to OC Armory. Despite there being a line, there was enough stuff for me to look at, kill time and engage in light conversation with other customers. Wish I had more money to spend there!!!!

Oh yeah, almost forgot that I had a BCM1.5 pin and welded to my LWRC M6G by them!!!

Last edited by mikenewgun87; 11-13-2013 at 6:06 AM..
Old 11-14-2013, 8:03 PM

I've been here twice and both times have been awesome. I came in for some upgrade installs on my AR because i don't have the tools or whatnot. They finished them before I could even say Thank You. Awesome Place. Love coming here. And it doesn't feel like a "gun store" atmosphere. My gf feels comfortable and that means something.

Definitely rep their Shirt as much as possible. Make some more designs or colors!!!

Last edited by SouthernxLord; 11-14-2013 at 8:05 PM..
Old 11-14-2013, 8:08 PM
Veteran Member

i hear nothing but good things! kudos
Old 11-16-2013, 6:09 AM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernxLord View Post
I've been here twice and both times have been awesome. I came in for some upgrade installs on my AR because i don't have the tools or whatnot. They finished them before I could even say Thank You. Awesome Place. Love coming here. And it doesn't feel like a "gun store" atmosphere. My gf feels comfortable and that means something.

Definitely rep their Shirt as much as possible. Make some more designs or colors!!!
Pics please...of the gun...of course...and gf
Old 11-16-2013, 6:35 AM

Agree. Top place and good people. Always helpful when I have been there.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:19 AM

Default Great small gun store

Did a PPT a few months ago and was pleasantly surprised how easy and nice it was. Love Riflegear but the wait is too long. This is now my go to place for PPT. Now I would just drop by when in the neighborhood to see what's on consignment. Haven't bought anything yet. But, if something interesting comes up, I would certainly make the plunge.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:50 AM

OC Armory is top notch. M1A/ M14 owners need to make Mike their go to guy.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:23 AM
Veteran Member

I'll toss in my 2 cents in a couple weeks. I have a CZ SP 01 Tactical heading their way.
Old 11-19-2013, 7:56 AM
Veteran Member

OC Armory is an hour away from me so my SSE is going to be a 2 weekend deal, over three weeks.

Rather than call them and expose myself as the SEE noob that I am, I thought I'd ask this question on a public forum

What will be the process/sequence of events be that occur the 2 times I go there. I have purchased retail handguns before so I understand the DROS process and the handgun safety check. When, and how does the SSE portion take place?

THANKS
Old 11-19-2013, 8:38 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

You will need to call them and explain what you are trying to do to make sure there isn't any holdups before you make your drive.

You DROS how you normally would, the SSE just takes in between your first visit and your second visit. OC Armory does the modifications that make you quality such as barrel swap, magazine block, etc.

Just don't forget your handgun safety certificate or proof of residency.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:01 AM

OC Armory is THE spot for me.

I have done all my transfers and bought as much stuff as I can there. My old go to was Ade's back in the day until he transferred ownership and they moved to the new store, still hear good things but I prefer a more personal level of service.

Which is what OC Armory is. Seriously all they need is to put in a leather couch and it would feel like a small clubhouse with all the toys hanging around. It's a mix between what Ade's used to be when he was in the coin store and Evan's if he liked you and let you lay with all the NFA stuff in the safe. OC Armory has that small shop atmosphere (MISSING A COUCH guys, GET A COUCH) with the NFA eye candy you won't find anywhere else.
Old 11-29-2013, 2:26 PM

I see they also offer gun instruction courses. Anyone have any experience with their courses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2013, 7:27 PM

These guys are great, so great that I have worn their hat on three different continents.

Do recommend.

Old 12-03-2013, 4:00 PM

I wish the shop would have been larger and have more inventory. I did two ppt's for my Walther ppk's there. My first one, they had a booth at the Costa Mesa gun show last year. I bought the Walther from a fellow Calgunner and they did the paperwork for us there. When I picked up the gun 10 days later, I had with me, my proof of residence they asked for.
Second time was a breeze and one of the guys ask if there was anything I wanted to ask about safety or handling. I asked how to disassemble since it was my first time with the Walthers. He took the time to show me.
Great place, good customer service and advice.
Downside; they need a larger store with more "stuff"!
Old 12-07-2013, 2:38 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Good people and always helpful!
Old 12-14-2013, 9:17 AM
PURVEYOR OF HIGH END ITEM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

They are great guys. Always have candy at the counter and it's great to watch Mike's beard grow depending on the season!

Always make trip to see him and shoot some breeze ...

Go OC Armory!

DD
Old 12-22-2013, 5:09 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Been in probably 10 times since I last made this post. Same quality service as always from Mike, Patrick and Joe.

I run into a Calgunner almost every visit which is awesome.
Old 12-22-2013, 5:28 PM

Great Shop!
Old 12-28-2013, 10:29 AM

I do as many PPT's there as I can. They are very fast with the paperwork. I wish they sold more ammo though.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:39 AM

They are a service oriented shop. Something that's really nice to have because many stores are . . . well, just stores that will sell you what is on their shelf at the time. I also like the entire family aspect of the shop.

They always have some kind of cool exotic, heavy, and expensive weapon on display in their shop too.
Old 01-08-2014, 5:09 PM

I went down to OC Armory today with a problem with my gun. I showed them my problem and Mike took a look at it. He looked at me with a smile on his face and said, "Can you wait 10 minutes." Of course I could. Gave me more time to browse. Less than 10 minutes later, Mike came out of the back and had fixed my problem. When I asked him how much, he said nothing. What a great shop and great guys working there. I will definitely be back! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND OC ARMORY!!!

Old 01-14-2014, 7:51 PM

how much would this store charge to remove a standard a2 front sight and install a lp gas block and rail? Do they sell gas blocks? anyone had this service done?
Old 01-25-2014, 9:06 PM
CGN Contributor

I just wanted to chime in about their awesome customer service.

They have always been honest and up front with everything I've ever asked for. The store may be small but they've ordered plenty of things for me that never sat in their glass cases or hung on their walls.

Whenever I am looking for something, or in the market, they are my first stop, always. They are almost always the last!

Keep up the good work Mike & Patrick!
Old 01-25-2014, 9:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger710 View Post
how much would this store charge to remove a standard a2 front sight and install a lp gas block and rail? Do they sell gas blocks? anyone had this service done?
Not to take business away from these guys but this job is pretty simple. If you have a punch and a hammer. You're golden. Youtube is your friend brother.
Old 02-01-2014, 6:37 PM

What is the procedure to SSE a gun that you buy on the internet with OC Armory? I wrote to their sales email account and asked if they have any stock before I purchase from an internet source, but I never got a reply. Unfortunately, by this time the gun is no in stock anymore, but I would like to know when the stock returns.
Old 02-01-2014, 7:00 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowX View Post
What is the procedure to SSE a gun that you buy on the internet with OC Armory? I wrote to their sales email account and asked if they have any stock before I purchase from an internet source, but I never got a reply. Unfortunately, by this time the gun is no in stock anymore, but I would like to know when the stock returns.
All you need to do is to give them a call to verify if they can SSE that particular pistol or not.

If the answer is yes, just send it over.
Old 02-02-2014, 3:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocker23 View Post
All you need to do is to give them a call to verify if they can SSE that particular pistol or not.

If the answer is yes, just send it over.
Thanks! I was trying to SSE a 9mm M&P shield, so I'm sure they can do that pistol. A number of other people have already SSE their pistols through them.
Old 02-02-2014, 2:39 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I have done a shield myself through OC Armory so yeah there is no problem.
Old 02-07-2014, 4:44 PM
Superfluous
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

+++1

I gotta admit.
The guys at OC Armory do rock. I have done 2 PPT there.

Was very fast and efficient. Me likes thos guyZzz

T
Old 02-07-2014, 5:36 PM

One more for OCA!
iF it'S nOt an aCt of goD, iT's a ConSpirAcy. If it can be measured, it can be optimized.
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." Chris Hitchens