Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > O.C. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2013, 11:37 AM
CGN Contributor

I was planning on what to bring tomorrow, and it occurred to me that while the first post indicates that we may shoot rifles, CAL.BAR stated that we have lanes 1-10 reserved. My understanding is that lanes 16-20 are the only lanes at On Target where rifles are allowed. Does On Target grant us an exception?

DISCLAIMER: The information contained herein is general in nature, which may not apply to particular factual or legal circumstances, and is intended for informational purposes only. Consistent with Calguns policy, the information does not constitute legal advice or opinions and should not be relied upon as such. Transmission of the information is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Readers should not act upon any information in my posts without seeking professional counsel.
Old 09-12-2013, 4:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumBum View Post
I was planning on what to bring tomorrow, and it occurred to me that while the first post indicates that we may shoot rifles, CAL.BAR stated that we have lanes 1-10 reserved. My understanding is that lanes 16-20 are the only lanes at On Target where rifles are allowed. Does On Target grant us an exception?
Yes. Our events are the exception. All lanes are rifle lanes as long as you have a rifle card.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:51 AM

David, i have another guest. can you bump me up to +2?
Old 09-13-2013, 1:38 PM

Hopefully Walmart has something left for me on the way over....

I'll be bringing a G19 and 22 for anyone who wants to shoot. You can run whatever you want through it...it's a Glock.

See everybody tonight!

-Steve
Old 09-13-2013, 2:13 PM

Quick question: Does OnTarget allow JHP?
Old 09-13-2013, 3:23 PM

One more please
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway" - John Wayne
"When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." - Neil Patrick Harris
Old 09-13-2013, 3:39 PM

I'm sorry but I'm not going to make it tonight.
Old 09-13-2013, 4:24 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorola View Post
Yes. Steel-case, bi-metal is all ok, too. As long as its not armor-piercing or tracer, which is illegal anyway.

DISCLAIMER: The information contained herein is general in nature, which may not apply to particular factual or legal circumstances, and is intended for informational purposes only. Consistent with Calguns policy, the information does not constitute legal advice or opinions and should not be relied upon as such. Transmission of the information is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Readers should not act upon any information in my posts without seeking professional counsel.
Old 09-13-2013, 4:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumBum View Post
Yes. Steel-case, bi-metal is all ok, too. As long as its not armor-piercing or tracer, which is illegal anyway.
Thanks Bum!
Old 09-13-2013, 4:50 PM
CGSSA OC Chapter Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorola View Post
YES - no ammo restrictions
Old 09-13-2013, 8:12 PM

Just want to say thanks all for showing me a great time today. I felt very welcome there, even as a complete, 100%, unquestionable noob.

In particular, big thanks to Alex, David, Steve, Brandon, and Kevin for letting me use your guns and ammo. I will definitely be bringing my own ammo next time, sorry for mooching. I had this idea in my head that I would just buy some at the front once I knew what I needed, or give somebody a few bucks for their ammo, but nobody wanted to deal with all that bull****. So yeah, thanks for the free ammo, I promise you that I will pay it forward as I transition into a veteran member and hopefully, eventually, help a noob out myself in the future. So don't worry, your ammo will be paid forward .

I had a great time, sorry I couldn't make the dinner I will almost definitely make it next month. Looking forward to seeing you all next time. Thanks again.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:35 PM
CGN Contributor

The cost of ammo is minimal compared to the value of introducing our passion to others and to keep the tradition growing. It was great meeting all those I was able to tonight. See you at future events.

Old 09-14-2013, 9:22 AM

I would like to apologize for not making it. I was so "pissed off" at traffic and some drivers that almost hit me. I got off the freeway! It was like Auto CROSS with an SUV & BIG RIG. I was shaking like a leaf. Lucky my racing skills prevented me from hitting an SUV AND THEN AVOID GETTING CRUNCHED BY A BIG RIG. Yeee haaa... god was with me, went to get a drink.... 1st one in about 1 year...
Old 09-15-2013, 12:44 AM

Nice showing. Great to talk person to person to some of the local members! Thanks Cal-Bar. for all the work setting these up.
Hope all the new members had fun seeing all those ARs and 'specialties' stacked 3-6 high per lane. You won't ever see that in a normal On Target day.
Old 09-15-2013, 6:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfstone View Post
Hope all the new members had fun seeing all those ARs and 'specialties' stacked 3-6 high per lane. You won't ever see that in a normal On Target day.
Calguns is definitely not the usual range crowd. Everybody there is friendly, safe and brings some nice hardware. David is a great organizer of this event since he consistently brings the coolest stuff and is kind enough to show people like me what he brought. Thanks for letting me try that Bren(?) David.

See you guys in a month
Old 09-15-2013, 6:28 PM

Was my first time attending. Really glad I did. The time spent shooting was great, but the time meeting new people who share this passion was even better. Will definitely keep attending - and look forward to making more friends and going to more dinners after the shoot.