Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 07-06-2016, 7:38 AM
I need a LIFE!!

With the neutering of the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th admendments, it's best to fly under the radar in the future.
Old 07-06-2016, 4:07 PM

Good to know.

Can I ask if a thread about a certain new bb product with "reloaded" in the thread title was recently removed?

I'd asked a question on that thread last night. Today, my comment does not appear in my comment history, and that thread is nowhere to be found.

Last edited by kovacs; 07-06-2016 at 4:09 PM..
Old 07-06-2016, 4:17 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks Mods
Old 07-06-2016, 10:36 PM

Default fight or flight

We all need to get all the pro-gun groups involved, The NRA Cal gun foundation etc. We could get a court ruling on a few. Doing nothing but complaining will get us nowhere.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark49 View Post
We all need to get all the pro-gun groups involved, The NRA Cal gun foundation etc. We could get a court ruling on a few. Doing nothing but complaining will get us nowhere.
X100,000,000
Old 07-07-2016, 9:47 AM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12-Banger View Post
I don't know how much leeway your software allows, but perhaps a user option to delete one's own posts might be viable? You could tie it to the flagging of a post which will automatedly/automatically send an email to the original poster notifying them they'd been flagged, and suggesting the user delete their own post. It won't always work, but it gives posters the option to police themselves. fwiw...

I am 95% sure that you can already do that at least for a certain amount of time. That said, it has been so long since I have seen the forum as a general member that I could be wrong. Things look a little different for us.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:11 AM

Just wanted to use this moment to say Thank You to Cal Gun mods. Ya'll are the glue holding this site together and your time and knowledge is appreciated.
Old 07-09-2016, 8:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER295 View Post
I am 95% sure that you can already do that at least for a certain amount of time. That said, it has been so long since I have seen the forum as a general member that I could be wrong. Things look a little different for us.
Yes, a post can be deleted or edited up to a certain time with this forum software. Beyond that I believe any post---or even thread, can be deleted by an admin with that permission activated. But it is usually one with the higher levels of control (eg. site owner) who would probably be using that function.
Old 07-09-2016, 9:28 AM
Still in The Game
CGN Contributor

Thank you staff. Anyone with an ounce of common sense will understand and keep their intentions silent.

PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

When pimping begins, friendship ends.

Don't let your history be a mystery
Old 07-09-2016, 2:42 PM

I was kind of shocked the day after gunmegeddon to see a couple of death threats posted by a few guys that post on CalGuns pretty regularly, in response to a troll particularly. It actually made me rethink my affiliation with this board. I don't own an AR-15 but I've always supported fellow gun owners right to own them. I'm a hunter primarily. There is risk, the more extreme things become, that the tactical types could lose the support of guys like me, if it even matters anymore.
Old 07-09-2016, 4:53 PM
Made in the USA

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHNFRANK View Post
I was kind of shocked the day after gunmegeddon to see a couple of death threats posted by a few guys that post on CalGuns pretty regularly, in response to a troll particularly. It actually made me rethink my affiliation with this board. I don't own an AR-15 but I've always supported fellow gun owners right to own them. I'm a hunter primarily. There is risk, the more extreme things become, that the tactical types could lose the support of guys like me, if it even matters anymore.
"death threats"??? Are you over-dramatizing for emphasis, or did this actually happen? If it happened, that's pretty damn serious and I'd be pissed.

Maybe it's something known that Im unaware of (not that I should be)... But if you are fabricating to make a point, that's pretty serious too.

Please don't tell me they were "die troll" - posts... That's far from a death threat and happens often on all forums. No more literal than this indicating I'm really bashing my head into a wall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaphroditus View Post
It only has as much power as you give it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
-----------------------------
"RIGHT POWER!"
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg
Old 07-09-2016, 5:34 PM

Default The post was taken down

It was removed pretty quickly; there was a reference to a "rope necklace" for the troll and also "chasing him down with a syringe full of ricin" - quotes are approximate and not exact...

Now to be fair, it was obvious the troll intend to provoke an extreme reaction. I get that. But a few guys took the bait and then some. It was the "day after" and nerves were raw. But, not a good idea at all.

Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
"death threats"??? Are you over-dramatizing for emphasis, or did this actually happen? If it happened, that's pretty damn serious and I'd be pissed.

Maybe it's something known that Im unaware of (not that I should be)... But if you are fabricating to make a point, that's pretty serious too.

Please don't tell me they were "die troll" - posts... That's far from a death threat and happens often on all forums. No more literal than this indicating I'm really bashing my head into a wall.
Old 07-09-2016, 7:57 PM
Made in the USA

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHNFRANK View Post
It was removed pretty quickly; there was a reference to a "rope necklace" for the troll and also "chasing him down with a syringe full of ricin" - quotes are approximate and not exact...

Now to be fair, it was obvious the troll intend to provoke an extreme reaction. I get that. But a few guys took the bait and then some. It was the "day after" and nerves were raw. But, not a good idea at all.

Frank
Those types of responses are uncalled for - regardless of what was said to provoke response... People need to keep their heads straight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaphroditus View Post
It only has as much power as you give it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
"RIGHT POWER!"
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg
Old 07-29-2016, 5:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark49 View Post
What was already done and has already been taken (right to keep and bear arms) is so far off from being solved by the means you are describing, IMHO.

There shouldn't be any laws against carrying firearms or restrictions on gun features.
Old 08-03-2016, 1:55 PM

...sooo... Some despotic state agency was threatening obstruction charges or something?
Old 08-03-2016, 2:07 PM
I need a LIFE!!

good luck trying to prove it is a single person using the computer the username was logged in from, and also if it is the same person.

for all they know, i (or not I) can be sharing this username between all my buddies. I (or not I) can also be accessing the website and logging from wi-fi signals which can be stolen from or free wi-fi sources from various retail outlets.

unless they hacked into a webcam and catches a specific person posting the exact post they are investigating this username for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSig1911 View Post
Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrepperGunShop View Post
Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).
Old 08-07-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPimping View Post
Thank you staff. Anyone with an ounce of common sense will understand and keep their intentions silent.
...or use some of the commonly available methods to conceal their identity on the internet.
Old 08-10-2016, 7:06 PM

Default PEACEFUL PUBLIC PROTEST, NOT CHILDISH BANTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
With the neutering of the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th admendments, it's best to fly under the radar in the future.
ABSOLUTELY NOT! THAT IS EXACTLY THE WRONG APPROACH! I AM CALLING EVERYONE ON CALGUNS TO START ORGANIZING PEACEFUL PUBLIC MASS PROTESTS AND MARCHES. WE NEED TO MARCH ON SACRAMENTO! ALL OF THE NATION'S PEOPLE CONCERNED WITH PROTECTING THE 2ND AMENDMENT SHOULD BE ORGANIZING MARCHES! WHY IS THIS NOT HAPPENING!! ENOUGH THREATS, OR SUGGESTION OF SOME VIOLENT RESPONSE TO THE ASSAULT ON OUR RIGHTS! TAKE ACTION AND START ORGANIZING MARCHES!....

OR ARE YOU ALL JUST SHEEP WILLING TO GO ALONG WITH ANY AND EVERY ENCROACHMENT OF YOUR RIGHTS? ARE YOU AFRAID TO MISS WORK FOR A DAY? ORGANIZE MARCHES ON WEEKENDS THEN! ARE YOU AFRAID YOUR NEIGHBORS OR NON-GUN-OWNING FRIENDS MIGHT SEE YOU INTERVIEWED BY CNN OR MSNBC AND BE PROTRAYED AS A "GUN NUT"?

IF A MOVEMENT WITH A POSTER BOY WHO WAS A STRONG ARM ROBBER CAN TAKE TO THE STREETS AND CAUSE ALL CAMERAS AND TALKING HEADS TO OBSESS ON THEM FOR MONTHS, WHY CAN'T LAW ABIDING CITIZENS WHO WANT AND NEED TO EXPRESS THEIR DEEPLY HELD CONVICTIONS AND HEART FELT CONCERNS STAND UP IN EQUAL NUMBERS? IS IT BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL WILLING TO BE RUN OVER BY LEFT LEANING MISDIRECTING ANTI-AMERICAN POLITICIANS AND MEDIA MOGULS? IF SO, YOU DESERVE TO HAVE YOUR RIGHTS BE TRAMPLED ON!!!

WE MUST START PEACEFUL PROTESTS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!! DON'T BRING FIREARMS, DON'T MAKE INFLAMMATORY STATEMENTS, DON'T ACT LIKE IDIOTS, BUT INSTEAD VOICE YOUR VALID OPINIONS AND CONCERNS!!!

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THE NRA IS NOT ALREADY DOING THIS. WE MUST BAND TOGETHER AND MAKE OUR VOICES HEARD, AS EMAILS AND LETTERS ARE ALL TOO EASILY DELETED AND TOSSED IN THE DUST BIN!

STAND UP FELLOW AMERICANS FOR THE RIGHTS WE KNOW ARE ESSENTIAL TO OUR FREEDOM! DON'T WAIT UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE LIKE SOME PEOPLE IN EUROPE AND ELSEWHERE DID BEFORE WWII. GET OFF YOUR REAR ENDS AND EXPRESS YOURSELVES!!!
Old 08-10-2016, 7:42 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDJYo View Post
Thank you.

This should be stickied in all sub-forums so all will take note or as another poster above mentioned, PM to all members as an urgent message.
This is a great idea. I would guess 75% of members will bypass this sticky. I would hope not that much, but most will just log on and go to a fourm of interest and my never see this.
Old 08-10-2016, 8:58 PM

I-can't-believe-I-didn't-see-this-thread-sooner-and-it's-definitely-worth-a-bump bump
Old 08-11-2016, 5:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoeshooter View Post
ABSOLUTELY NOT! THAT IS EXACTLY THE WRONG APPROACH! I AM CALLING EVERYONE ON CALGUNS TO START ORGANIZING PEACEFUL PUBLIC MASS PROTESTS AND MARCHES. WE NEED TO MARCH ON SACRAMENTO! ALL OF THE NATION'S PEOPLE CONCERNED WITH PROTECTING THE 2ND AMENDMENT SHOULD BE ORGANIZING MARCHES! WHY IS THIS NOT HAPPENING!! ENOUGH THREATS, OR SUGGESTION OF SOME VIOLENT RESPONSE TO THE ASSAULT ON OUR RIGHTS! TAKE ACTION AND START ORGANIZING MARCHES!....

OR ARE YOU ALL JUST SHEEP WILLING TO GO ALONG WITH ANY AND EVERY ENCROACHMENT OF YOUR RIGHTS? ARE YOU AFRAID TO MISS WORK FOR A DAY? ORGANIZE MARCHES ON WEEKENDS THEN! ARE YOU AFRAID YOUR NEIGHBORS OR NON-GUN-OWNING FRIENDS MIGHT SEE YOU INTERVIEWED BY CNN OR MSNBC AND BE PROTRAYED AS A "GUN NUT"?

IF A MOVEMENT WITH A POSTER BOY WHO WAS A STRONG ARM ROBBER CAN TAKE TO THE STREETS AND CAUSE ALL CAMERAS AND TALKING HEADS TO OBSESS ON THEM FOR MONTHS, WHY CAN'T LAW ABIDING CITIZENS WHO WANT AND NEED TO EXPRESS THEIR DEEPLY HELD CONVICTIONS AND HEART FELT CONCERNS STAND UP IN EQUAL NUMBERS? IS IT BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL WILLING TO BE RUN OVER BY LEFT LEANING MISDIRECTING ANTI-AMERICAN POLITICIANS AND MEDIA MOGULS? IF SO, YOU DESERVE TO HAVE YOUR RIGHTS BE TRAMPLED ON!!!

WE MUST START PEACEFUL PROTESTS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!! DON'T BRING FIREARMS, DON'T MAKE INFLAMMATORY STATEMENTS, DON'T ACT LIKE IDIOTS, BUT INSTEAD VOICE YOUR VALID OPINIONS AND CONCERNS!!!

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THE NRA IS NOT ALREADY DOING THIS. WE MUST BAND TOGETHER AND MAKE OUR VOICES HEARD, AS EMAILS AND LETTERS ARE ALL TOO EASILY DELETED AND TOSSED IN THE DUST BIN!

STAND UP FELLOW AMERICANS FOR THE RIGHTS WE KNOW ARE ESSENTIAL TO OUR FREEDOM! DON'T WAIT UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE LIKE SOME PEOPLE IN EUROPE AND ELSEWHERE DID BEFORE WWII. GET OFF YOUR REAR ENDS AND EXPRESS YOURSELVES!!!
Organize it. Be the catalyst that starts it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prepped and ready View Post
This is a great idea. I would guess 75% of members will bypass this sticky. I would hope not that much, but most will just log on and go to a fourm of interest and my never see this.

It is cross posted in four forums. I was going to not sticky it and try to keep bumping thinking that would get more views. Who knows.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:14 PM
SeΓ±or Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER295 View Post
It is cross posted in four forums. I was going to not sticky it and try to keep bumping thinking that would get more views. Who knows.
Bumping gets it back on the "new posts" or "threads that have been updated" page.

I rarely see stickies because I rarely go into a specific forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 08-12-2016, 6:39 AM

The reason good honest people aren't protesting is because we have jobs and families we are responsible to.... Ever notice most recent protestors "look" unemployed!?!?!? Prolly cuz they are.... They are getting free stuff that WE are paying them so they can protest.... Usually protesting against us... Another story for another day!!

Yes... and this! http://www.constitution.org/2ll/2ndschol/87senrpt.pdf

Good Guys with Guns HERE
Old 08-12-2016, 6:58 AM

Quote:
Wow, I just quoted Mr Big Pimping.

But seriously, don't go posting stuff that would be considered illegal in a PUBLIC forum dedicated to gun rights that is clearly monitored by the authorities. That's just common sense and if you do, and get caught, that's your own fault
Old 08-13-2016, 6:04 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
Bumping gets it back on the "new posts" or "threads that have been updated" page.

I rarely see stickies because I rarely go into a specific forum.
good point

Old 08-13-2016, 6:41 AM
Veteran Member

Default Speaking of which.

Governments are never going to go after those that promote expansion of government power, those individuals and groups will get a "free pass" to do whatever they want pretty much, maybe some slaps on the wrist.

However those who openly challenge the government are another story.

Keeping guns out of the hands of criminals is something we care about because it directly effects our lives.

Keeping the guns out of the hands of citizens is something power hungry government cares about because as long as the citizens are armed, they can stand up to criminal government.

On of the biggest reasons the 14th amendment was enacted was so that the "Freedmen" could defend themselves against the KKK and their racist government allies in the south post Civil War.

I'm not going to post about not complying, instead I will make time to do what I can to fix things so it won't get to that.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:32 AM

Anyone ever wonder why the current focus of the antis is sporting rifles????

85% of crimes involving a firearm are with pistols.....

(I know the reason.... Anyone else ever think about this!?!?)

Good Guys with Guns HERE
Old 08-13-2016, 12:18 PM
SeΓ±or Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithrandir13 View Post

Low hanging fruit.

Their ultimate goal is to eliminate all guns.

They nibble where they can (roster, handgun ammo restrictions) but the "big money" is in outright bans to set legal precedent.
For the populace as a whole (voting power):

#1 - People simply don't own and shoot rifles like they used to. The majority of gun owners have handguns and of those who own handguns and rifles, shoot handguns more often due to the lack of places to shoot rifles in metropolitan areas.

#2 - "Evil black rifles" are relatively new to the game. Sure, they were around before the 1989 ban, but most Americans had sporters. EBRs were the trophies of Vietnam veterans. So... populace as a whole, people really don't care about what is PRESENTLY considered AW by California.
While legally EBRs meet the definition of "common usage", purely by the numbers their popularity is from the 1994 forward... when they were banned, people began to want them.

Game plan if I were a grabber:

1 - Ban the "non sporting" design semiautomatic centerfire rifles
2 - Get court decisions supporting said bans.
3 - Use the pro-2A argument that there is no functional, only a cosmetic, difference between an AR-10 and a Winchester Model-70 and use our own argument against us to ban ALL semiautomatic centerfire rifles.
4 - Get court decisions supporting bans on firearms in common usage.
5 - Come clean on the "big lie" that rifles are not the problem and handguns are used more commonly in crimes.
6 - Begin expanding the current handgun AW laws in the same manner as the expansion of the rifle AW laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 08-17-2016, 7:59 PM

No.... Politicians are not afraid of thugs with handguns... They are afraid of good honest citizens with effective longer range weapons who have a well defined sense of right and wrong and who are tired of the lies and have been beaten down to the point of having nothing else to lose!!!

Why else all the laws now being passed that really only affect the good honest citizen.... That is the threat they are trying to disarm!!!

Good Guys with Guns HERE
Old 08-17-2016, 9:18 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Shooo U rite

β€œSilence makes cowards out of the best of men” –Abraham Lincoln

🇺🇸 ⚔️ 🦅

Wounded Knee is the prime example of why the Second Amendment exists, and why we shouldn’t be in such a hurry to surrender our Right to Bear Arms.
Without the Second Amendment we have no way to defend ourselves and our families.
Old 08-17-2016, 9:26 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

the antis dont want citizens to have a fighting chance, the rilfes are more of a threat to Police / Gov / UN

the Gov wants to keep theirs and take away yours, same as a communist country

Last edited by omega; 08-17-2016 at 9:28 PM..
Old 08-21-2016, 12:58 PM

Default Thank you

I am still new to this but want to say thank ... i am always sharing with people about whayt is going on in occupy Komifornia. thank you again.
Old 09-02-2016, 7:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoeshooter View Post

Dude, name one occasion in the last hundred years, where a peaceful march had any meaningful impact on unjust laws? This is laughable, ineffectual and a complete waste of time.
Old 09-02-2016, 7:48 AM

If this does not scare the holy shat out of you, then you are asleep at the wheel and deserve to die in the fiery crash that is sure to follow.

Back in the early 1700's, discussion and "peaceful" protest resulted in arrest and execution. At a certain point, our founders organized a coup and the United States of America was born. Not out of peaceful protest, but bloodshed and violence.

It is as clear as the sky is blue in Montana, that the only way out of this will be violence, bloodshed and a purge. The million dollar question is: When will the shot that is heard round the world ring out again?

The video linked below contains facts and information about the fall of western Europe, the rise of the police state, and examples of agents of the state usurping individual liberty at the behest of the "heads" of state. It is a sampling (really a precursor) of what is happening in America NOW.

A few short years ago, Brits were able to own and possess handguns, the same was true in Australia. Now they are arrested and charged with the crime of defending themselves against rape and murder.

You can pretend all you want that because we have a 2nd Amendment that we will be fine, but what happens when you are too old to fight the fight, and the kids who need safe spaces in school are the ones calling for the end of the 2nd Amendment? What then? Do you fold and turn in your firearms like they did in Australia and the UK ?

Watch this video. If you think it is nothing more than propaganda, then refute the individual points of the video. Pick ONE thing you disagree with and REFUTE it with fact and proof positive that THAT thing is NOT happening. If you cannot do that, then you have a duty to your fellow patriot to share this video with EVERYONE you know.

The truth is out there... The media are doing a pretty good job of hiding it from you. The trick is to beat them at their own game.

Last edited by Boogaloo; 09-02-2016 at 8:15 AM..
Old 09-21-2016, 4:11 PM

Quote:
The reason good honest people aren't protesting is because we have jobs and families we are responsible to.... Ever notice most recent protestors "look" unemployed!?!?!? Prolly cuz they are.... They are getting free stuff that WE are paying them so they can protest.... Usually protesting against us... Another story for another day!!
This is so true and it is a major issue for American politics in general, not just gun rights.
Old 09-21-2016, 7:22 PM
Veteran Member

Soros pays HUGE $$$ for the protestors
Old 11-17-2016, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBLUE View Post
This is so true and it is a major issue for American politics in general, not just gun rights.
Yy

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2016, 10:15 AM

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." -Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-04-2017, 4:34 PM

Boogaloo I agree with your assessment and have shared the very same sentiment for years. We effectively have very limited 1st and 2nd Amendment rights and they are shrinking incrementally into meaningless words. Not only in Canada can one be charged for stating the truth, but here in the US as well under laws such as disturbing the peace or any number of laws that are used to muzzle the truth that they consider dangerous.
Old 01-11-2017, 8:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
Low hanging fruit.

Their ultimate goal is to eliminate all guns.

They nibble where they can (roster, handgun ammo restrictions) but the "big money" is in outright bans to set legal precedent.
For the populace as a whole (voting power):

#1 - People simply don't own and shoot rifles like they used to. The majority of gun owners have handguns and of those who own handguns and rifles, shoot handguns more often due to the lack of places to shoot rifles in metropolitan areas.

#2 - "Evil black rifles" are relatively new to the game. Sure, they were around before the 1989 ban, but most Americans had sporters. EBRs were the trophies of Vietnam veterans. So... populace as a whole, people really don't care about what is PRESENTLY considered AW by California.
While legally EBRs meet the definition of "common usage", purely by the numbers their popularity is from the 1994 forward... when they were banned, people began to want them.

Game plan if I were a grabber:

1 - Ban the "non sporting" design semiautomatic centerfire rifles
2 - Get court decisions supporting said bans.
3 - Use the pro-2A argument that there is no functional, only a cosmetic, difference between an AR-10 and a Winchester Model-70 and use our own argument against us to ban ALL semiautomatic centerfire rifles.
4 - Get court decisions supporting bans on firearms in common usage.
5 - Come clean on the "big lie" that rifles are not the problem and handguns are used more commonly in crimes.
6 - Begin expanding the current handgun AW laws in the same manner as the expansion of the rifle AW laws.
Any time a gun owner rationalizes his firearm or choice against another's choice, he is playing into the gun grabbers' hands. He is saying that his is good and others are not good. BS. All firearms should be available to sane Americans, to use in hunting, plinking, target shooting and for protection. While there are laws against agressive use of firearms for illegal purpose(everyone understands that), other purposes are legal and should stay that way.
While I do not own an AR or an AK, I do own other firearms and support anyone's right to have them and use them - any other viewpoint would make me a potencial changer of the 2nd amendment.

Those who choose safety over freedom are neither safe or free!
"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)
β€œIt is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.” β€”- U.S. Supreme Court Justice Robert H. Jackson