Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > O.C. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2014, 5:58 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gh429 View Post
I'm going to bet you don't run a successful business. Or if you do you must have some kick butt product that everyone wants to put their hands on that you need to beat people off with a stick. Welcome to 2014 where customer opinions matter as to the treatment of customers.
I'm going to guess neither do you. Certainly not one that revolves around direct consumer customers. The customer is always right goes out the window when customers decide to eat 9/10 of something, then claim it wasn't what they ordered and they don't want to pay for it. Or morons with "yelp reviewer" cards that ask for free stuff to ensure a good review. The self centered "kiss my butt or I will ruin you" attitude that yelp encourages has really changed the way businesses interact with customers.

Bending over backwards is one thing, grabbing your ankles is another.

If op really needed his shotgun the same day they said it would be ready, he should have told them it was important to have it that day when dropping go it off.

Edit to add, to the LAME claim that anyone disagreeing with op being some "fanboy", this is additional yelp entitlement delusion, the world doesn't revolve around this gunsmith, I'd never heard of them before op strapped on a crusade to ruin them.

Adults recognize this as unacceptable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by repubconserv View Post
Print it out and frame it for all I care
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I don't need to think at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. J Beezy View Post
Unfortunately for you, I have the truth on my side and... I’m definitely better than you at what you make a living from.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Last edited by Citadelgrad87; 08-21-2014 at 6:09 AM..
Old 08-21-2014, 6:45 AM

Sue the business owner and force them to do the work.
(wait, that's only for bakerys)
Nevermind
Old 08-21-2014, 7:46 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhk419 View Post
I don't know why people here don't understand this simple concept... He gets it! LOL! What kind of mood will you be in calling 2x on the promised day to find out that it's not done. 1st time he said that it will be done by the end of the day. 2nd time, he changed his story and said he didn't even work on it...... I don't know about you guys but I don't like to be dicked around.
My question for you is why did you wait until a week before the hunting trip to bring the shotgun in? You know about the trips weeks ahead of time right? I'm going to Angles on the 30th so I make sure all my equipment are working weeks prior. Also what was going through your mind when you threatened to give them a bad review, what were you trying to accomplish? Yes, you made a threat against their business, their livelihood and at that point you can expect them to not be so nice.
Old 08-21-2014, 8:15 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I don't know why people here don't understand this simple concept... He gets it! LOL! What kind of mood will you be in calling 2x on the promised day to find out that it's not done. 1st time he said that it will be done by the end of the day. 2nd time, he changed his story and said he didn't even work on it...... I don't know about you guys but I don't like to be dicked around.
YOU are the one who doesn't understand.

They told you it would be ready in a week. At that point, it's on YOU to tell them, ok, I want to make sure that's a hard date, I'm planning on a range trip and will be going hunting with this shotgun right after that. I just want to make sure it's a hard date.

Instead, you assume they are mind readers. Not everything is about you. It's a weapon on a rack of weapons that need work. It doesn't tell a story. It was going to be ready a day later, and you assume it's some personal, active "dicking around" directed at you.

You clearly have zero experience with gunsmiths. Look at some websites, Tussey custom, etc.

http://tusseycustom.com/terms/inquir...k-in-progress/

They flat out state end times are estimates, and they don't want calls on progress.

It's the way many smiths do business.

But you're fixated on a "problem" that you knew about and didn't tell the smith. It only became a problem because you didn't tell them about your tight schedule.

Then you flat out stated you want to make sure no one else goes there.

NOTHING about this is hard to understand. You're a self important complainer and the guy didn't put up with it.

Good day.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Unfortunately for you, I have the truth on my side and... I’m definitely better than you at what you make a living from.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 08-21-2014, 8:44 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

I am putting my money where my mouth is.

I just emailed them about new night sights on a sig, and will give them a review to offset yours if the service is good.

If it's bad, I will admit it.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Last edited by Citadelgrad87; 08-21-2014 at 9:32 AM..
Old 08-21-2014, 9:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
I'm going to guess neither do you. Certainly not one that revolves around direct consumer customers. The customer is always right goes out the window when customers decide to eat 9/10 of something, then claim it wasn't what they ordered and they don't want to pay for it. Or morons with "yelp reviewer" cards that ask for free stuff to ensure a good review. The self centered "kiss my butt or I will ruin you" attitude that yelp encourages has really changed the way businesses interact with customers.

Bending over backwards is one thing, grabbing your ankles is another.

If op really needed his shotgun the same day they said it would be ready, he should have told them it was important to have it that day when dropping go it off.

Edit to add, to the LAME claim that anyone disagreeing with op being some "fanboy", this is additional yelp entitlement delusion, the world doesn't revolve around this gunsmith, I'd never heard of them before op strapped on a crusade to ruin them.

Adults recognize this as unacceptable.

My first company was a mid 7 figure business exactly in the hobby industry. I understand this aspect VERY well.

I currently own a low 8 figure business.

Here's my assessment of how the owner shoudl have responded:

SMARTEST - Look sorry you're not happy, how about I give you X% off as a favor to you and I'm really taking a loss on this sale. But hey, do me a favor and give me a good review on yelp? (while swallowing pride)

SMART - Sir unfortunately I cannot meet your expectations and we simply cannot do business together so unfortunately I cannot help you any further. You're welcome to look around if you want to make another purchase but I cannot service your weapon.

DUMB - Get the hell out of my store

DUMBER - Responding to a negative yelp review with an insult

But hey, everyone has a bad day
Old 08-21-2014, 9:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ricigliano View Post
The flaw in your argument is that in many, if not most cases, positive experiences are the order of the day. If every satisfied Riflegear customer posted it to Yelp it would crash their server.

On the other hand, people can't wait to post negative reviews, for even the most trivial things. The OP didn't just post a negative review. He is admittedly trying to ruin their business.
I don't think it's a flaw in argument.

This is a community and we share. I purchased 8 firearms last year THREE of which failed to fire out of the box for a variety of amusing and interesting reasons. A fourth was incorrectly assembled (by RifleGear). You don't see me posting about these issues because the manufacturer STEPPED UP AND TOOK CARE OF THE PROBLEM. That's how you win repeat customers. In fact I just dropped $2k at Riflegear just yesterday haven't even DROSed it yet because they do step up and take care of their customers.

Yet if some store owner whether it's Riflegear, Turners, or some mom & pop threw me out of the store, then responded to my negative review with insults you can be damn sure I will be raising hell about it and starting a flame war just like the OP.

I think many on this forum would have done the exact same thing - it's human nature.

Last edited by gh429; 08-21-2014 at 9:35 AM.. Reason: clarity
Old 08-21-2014, 9:35 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gh429 View Post
My first company was a mid 7 figure business exactly in the hobby industry. I understand this aspect VERY well.

I currently own a low 8 figure business.

Here's my assessment of how the owner shoudl have responded:

SMARTEST - Look sorry you're not happy, how about I give you X% off as a favor to you and I'm really taking a loss on this sale. But hey, do me a favor and give me a good review on yelp? (while swallowing pride)

SMART - Sir unfortunately I cannot meet your expectations and we simply cannot do business together so unfortunately I cannot help you any further. You're welcome to look around if you want to make another purchase but I cannot service your weapon.

DUMB - Get the hell out of my store

DUMBER - Responding to a negative yelp review with an insult

But hey, everyone has a bad day
Pretty vague, so I can't draw a parallel. If you give more detail, I can craft one right over the plate. I will improvise.

What is your response when, say, someone eats 9/10 of a pizza, then calls the waitress over and says it's not what they ordered, and asking not to pay the bill, or equivalent to your line of work? You can't kowtow to every irrational demand in the fear that someone might post a bad yelp review.

When possible, the customer is always right, when it becomes unreasonable, do you continue to genuflect?

I'm guessing no.

Edit, I get customer service, I get that your goal is to make EVERYONE happy.

But can you agree that it's simply not possible for everyone? Some people have expectations that cannot be met. They aren't going to be happy no matter what.

At what point do you decide you've done all you can, and ask them to take it elsewhere?

I agree an insulting response to a yelp ad will turn some people off.

Knowing both sides, and the stated goal of op in making sure no one goes there, that's way beyond the point where you can somehow repair it as the shop owner.

I for one am giving this place a chance BECAUSE OF the story op tells.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Last edited by Citadelgrad87; 08-21-2014 at 9:42 AM..
Old 08-21-2014, 9:50 AM

Quote:
Pretty vague, so I can't draw a parallel. If you give more detail, I can craft one right over the plate. I will improvise.

What is your response when, say, someone eats 9/10 of a pizza, then calls the waitress over and says it's not what they ordered, and asking not to pay the bill, or equivalent to your line of work? You can't kowtow to every irrational demand in the fear that someone might post a bad yelp review.

When possible, the customer is always right, when it becomes unreasonable, do you continue to genuflect?

I'm guessing no.

Edit, I get customer service, I get that your goal is to make EVERYONE happy.

But can you agree that it's simply not possible for everyone? Some people have expectations that cannot be met. They aren't going to be happy no matter what.

At what point do you decide you've done all you can, and ask them to take it elsewhere?

I agree an insulting response to a yelp ad will turn some people off.

Knowing both sides, and the stated goal of op in making sure no one goes there, that's way beyond the point where you can somehow repair it as the shop owner.

I for one am giving this place a chance BECAUSE OF the story op tells.

9/10 of the pizza if you're at Mastros (I know they don't serve pizza) they will discount it without blinking. If you're at a mom & pop pizza restaurant, the SMART owner will come over and have a discussion with the customer. If the customer is still irrational and unreasonable the SMART owner will just refund them. Why risk a bad review over $10?

At my previous company which was a hobby biz I dealt with a lot of spoiled entitled kids. They were exceedingly unreasonable and some downright belligerent - NOTHING like what the OP is talking about which I think is fairly run of the mill. You defuse the situation and move them on. You don't take it personally. It's a business and you have everything to lose with a few bad reviews so you do swallow your pride and bend over backwards. It sucks and you feel exactly like you held your ankles but that is the nature of running a successful profitable business.

What you DON'T do is throw the customer out. Then you DON'T follow up the review with an insult. That's just really not smart.

But hey everyone is human and sometimes tempers get the better of everyone. That's understandable. Maybe this is a one time occurrence. Or maybe this is the first in a long string of bad customer experiences. Who knows - but I don't think it's reasonable to jump on the OP for posting this. I would do the exact same thing if I was thrown out of a store and then the owner came to insult me on my negative review.
Old 08-21-2014, 9:55 AM
Calguns Addict

From reading this thread I can partly see why so many small mom and pop hobby businesses fail or never truly thrive.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:01 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Swan View Post
From reading this thread I can partly see why so many small mom and pop hobby businesses fail or never truly thrive.
I see where the self entitled yelp posters think they need the royal treatment, and anyone ever telling them no is a personal attack.

My buddy's pizza place is fine. It's a mom and pop that's been open for 40 years.

When a group comes in and orders a large pizza and eats all but one slice, THEN claims it's not what they ordered, so do they have to pay, he tells them yes, you have to pay for the food you ate. Come back and we will discount you next time.

There's nothing wrong with that. He has people leaving one star reviews because a coup,e thought the waitress should have OFFERED dessert to their precious daughter. They didn't ask for dessert,they just thought it should have been offered, and they liked to food.

You're not doing yourself any favors giving freebies to people just because you are terrified of a bad review.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 08-21-2014, 10:08 AM

Old 08-21-2014, 10:10 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheGrave View Post
Ok, that's pretty funny.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 08-21-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
I see where the self entitled yelp posters think they need the royal treatment, and anyone ever telling them no is a personal attack.

My buddy's pizza place is fine. It's a mom and pop that's been open for 40 years.

When a group comes in and orders a large pizza and eats all but one slice, THEN claims it's not what they ordered, so do they have to pay, he tells them yes, you have to pay for the food you ate. Come back and we will discount you next time.

There's nothing wrong with that. He has people leaving one star reviews because a coup,e thought the waitress should have OFFERED dessert to their precious daughter. They didn't ask for dessert,they just thought it should have been offered, and they liked to food.

You're not doing yourself any favors giving freebies to people just because you are terrified of a bad review.
Sure everyone has their different management styles and different philosophies. I have a friend that started his first restaurant with money he borrowed and now has 3 locations that focused on yelp reviews by giving customers a free alcoholic beverage if they checked in. Last time I spoke with him he just put in an offer on a $2.2mm house and sold his old honda accord that he's been driving around forever.

If you talk to him I'm sure he'll be of the philosophy that the customer reviews are critical to the growth of the business and you do as much as you can to maintain that. Naturally if you serve enough guests you get some bad reviews but if you're managing that you'll do well. What he DOESN'T do is throw his customers out and then insult them on Yelp. Id' bet your buddy with the pizza store doesn't either as much as he wants to!
Old 08-21-2014, 11:24 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I am putting my money where my mouth is.

I just emailed them about new night sights on a sig, and will give them a review to offset yours if the service is good.

If it's bad, I will admit it.
Once I get my DW Guardian I will do the same. I want to have my Guardian's trigger match my Les Baer's and have a 10-9 flat trigger installed. They say they are 1911 specialists so I want to see what they can do.
Old 08-21-2014, 1:36 PM

Funny, this happened to me again today....I just picked up a turkey, ham and provolone sandwich to-go from Stefano's and it came with everything but the meat. It kind of sucks when you go out of your way to pick up something and to find it is not what you ordered.... I called and told them like most of you would. They apologized and told me that they will give me a free sandwich the next time I come in. Since they know how to run a business and make it up to the customer for their "mistake", I had no reason to write them a bad review. I don't write bad reviews for no reason. The places that I give 1 star usually deserved it with customer service. If you make a mistake, fix it! that's it!
Old 08-21-2014, 1:38 PM
Calguns Addict

Pre-Season Checklist:
Hunting license . . . check!
Shotgun . . . check!
Shotshells . . . check!
Fresh application of Cerakote™ . . . check!
Yelp review . . . check!

Hunting . . . It's not just for hunters anymore.

Old 08-21-2014, 1:43 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor McRifle View Post
Pre-Season Checklist:
Hunting license . . . check!
Shotgun . . . check!
Shotshells . . . check!
Fresh application of Cerakote™ . . . check!
Yelp review . . . check!

Hunting . . . It's not just for hunters anymore.
...and that's why you're still the mayor.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 08-21-2014, 2:13 PM

LOL! When you go to a shop to get something fixed. You ask them when it's going to be done. If they say in a day or in a week, you expect the damn thing to be done by the promised time, unless they notify me. Remember, I did not get any calls. I called them on the day of pick up to find out they didn't even worked on it. Oscar told me that it would be done in a week... I thought in my head, "Ok, if it is done by next week, I can test it at the range that weekend...." I don't think I need to tell them why. Why explain when they said it will be DONE in a week? I only told them why after they broke the promise. If he said in 2 weeks, I would've said thank you and took it to another shop. I don't know what that security guard looking dude is saying but to me, word is bond. Never say things you can't keep. I was taught this way. Gunsmith or a cotton candy store owner, if you can't keep your word, you will lose all credibility. If you can't keep your word on what u said, u better make it up! I don't expect my *** to be kissed, just make up for your mistake. SIMPLE!
Old 08-21-2014, 2:19 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
LOL! When you go to a shop to get something fixed. You ask them when it's going to be done. If they say in a day or in a week, you expect the damn thing to be done by the promised time, unless they notify me. Remember, I did not get any calls. I called them on the day of pick up to find out they didn't even worked on it. Oscar told me that it would be done in a week... I thought in my head, "Ok, if it is done by next week, I can test it at the range that weekend...." I don't think I need to tell them why. Why explain when they said it will be DONE in a week? I only told them why after they broke the promise. If he said in 2 weeks, I would've said thank you and took it to another shop. I don't know what that security guard looking dude is saying but to me, word is bond. Never say things you can't keep. I was taught this way. Gunsmith or a cotton candy store owner, if you can't keep your word, you will lose all credibility. If you can't keep your word on what u said, u better make it up! I don't expect my *** to be kissed, just make up for your mistake. SIMPLE!
Right, that's why you're still gyrating about this.

Next time, do yourself a favor, whether it's a car or especially if it's a gun, when someone says "It will be ready in a week", tell them your happiness depends on it being exactly one week, that you've set up a range trip, then a hunting trip, to start the day after they said it would be ready.

To every other customer, that means call in a week and see if it's ready, not I'm swearing it will be ready seven days from today. Don't try to make this some oath the guy swore to have it ready.

Bottom line, YOU knew it was important that it be ready exactly seven days hence, therefore YOU should have told them the importance.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 08-21-2014, 2:36 PM
Hold my beer & watch this
CGN Contributor

Default My experience at Westcoast Gun Works

Quote:

You learned a lesson about gunsmiths and their time tables. Now go clean the sand out of your......
Old 08-21-2014, 2:48 PM

Quote:
Right, that's why you're still gyrating about this.

Next time, do yourself a favor, whether it's a car or especially if it's a gun, when someone says "It will be ready in a week", tell them your happiness depends on it being exactly one week, that you've set up a range trip, then a hunting trip, to start the day after they said it would be ready.

To every other customer, that means call in a week and see if it's ready, not I'm swearing it will be ready seven days from today. Don't try to make this some oath the guy swore to have it ready.

Bottom line, YOU knew it was important that it be ready exactly seven days hence, therefore YOU should have told them the importance.
From now on, every time I order pizza, I shall call them every 5 minutes and make sure they deliver it b/c I'm starving and my happiness depends on it. Also explain to them that I have plans to go to the gym to burn off all the calories I just consumed and the importance of it.
Old 08-21-2014, 2:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonzer77 View Post
You learned a lesson about gunsmiths and their time tables. Now go clean the sand out of your......
It was a lesson learned about the westcoast gun works guys. The gentleman I went to see afterwards to took care of me and saved my hunting trip. Not all the gunsmiths are the same.
Old 08-21-2014, 2:59 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
From now on, every time I order pizza, I shall call them every 5 minutes and make sure they deliver it b/c I'm starving and my happiness depends on it. Also explain to them that I have plans to go to the gym to burn off all the calories I just consumed and the importance of it.
Because when I said to make sure to tell them that you NEED the shotgun back on the day they said...that is the SAME as telling you to call every 5 minutes.

If the pizza place said it would be 15 minutes, would you storm Out in 20 because of a secret appointment, known only to you, didn't share?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Last edited by Citadelgrad87; 08-21-2014 at 3:13 PM..
Old 08-21-2014, 3:00 PM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan

Quote:
The sea of FAIL that you are drowning in just gets deeper and deeper with each infantile post. Analogies are not your strong point. I would just stick to tantrums if I was you.

The retail and service industries quake in fear at your next Yelp review.
Old 08-21-2014, 3:16 PM

sigh.... it was a sarcastic analogy to what citadel said. It sounds ridiculous right? That is the desired effect. There is no need for me to explain to them if they promised to deliver it on a certain day. If he was uncertain of the time of completion, then I would've told him the reasons why I need it completed. If he still wasn't sure, I would take it somewhere else. This is very logical to me... I don't understand....
Old 08-21-2014, 3:17 PM

Quote:
I'm a fair person.......So after that, these were my exact words," You guys are a start-up company right? Do you want a bad review on yelp or something?" It was a hint to make this situation right.

Stand up move princess......strongarming a business for a discount, free service or concession. Sounds more like the behavior of a toddler that didn't get his way rather than that of a fair person.

I'm in no way excusing the business for its customer service or reaction to your review, which I honestly didn't find too offensive considering you were threatening them, but I woulda just grabbed my firearm and left it at that.
Old 08-21-2014, 3:20 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ricigliano View Post
The sea of FAIL that you are drowning in just gets deeper and deeper with each infantile post. Analogies are not your strong point. I would just stick to tantrums if I was you.

The retail and service industries quake in fear at your next Yelp review.
Do you have any idea who I am?

I'm a Yelper.

Hear me roar.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 08-21-2014, 3:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Do you have any idea who I am?

I'm a Yelper.

Hear me roar.
http://youtu.be/QEdXhH97Z7E

http://youtu.be/q2kkISYgM4U

http://youtu.be/WhokOiJQxaU

Too many more to post . . .

Last edited by Mayor McRifle; 08-21-2014 at 3:31 PM..
Old 08-21-2014, 3:40 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Solid. Rock solid. Op, take note, THIS is appropriate customer service, he provided links for those, like me, using iOS.

Does anyone know Morgan freeman? I'd pay $100 to hear a recording of Morgan Freeman reading ops yelp ad, and another $100 to have a Clint Eastwood read the owner's reply.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 08-21-2014, 3:52 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Does anyone know Morgan freeman? I'd pay $100 to hear a recording of Morgan Freeman reading ops yelp ad, and another $100 to have a Clint Eastwood read the owner's reply.
Perfect! I'm in for $100, too. But those are two pretty stand-up guys. Once they read the OP's "review," they'll probably do it for free!

Old 08-21-2014, 4:02 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Perfect! I'm in for $100, too. But those are two pretty stand-up guys. Once they read the OP's "review," they'll probably do it for free!
How frigging righteous would that be if we could pull it off?

It would be my ringtone until the day I die. That's how thoroughly this thread had affected me.

First, I decided to let them sell me night sights, now I'm swearing off all other ringtones for life.

I don't know how to quit this thread.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 08-21-2014, 4:15 PM
Janitors assistant
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
It was a lesson learned about the westcoast gun works guys. The gentleman I went to see afterwards to took care of me and saved my hunting trip. Not all the gunsmiths are the same.
The good ones usually dont have a lot of time to sit around and chat.

Quote:
How frigging righteous would that be if we could pull it off?

It would be my ringtone until the day I die. That's how thoroughly this thread had affected me.

First, I decided to let them sell me night sights, now I'm swearing off all other ringtones for life.

I don't know how to quit this thread.
Ill make it easy for you I am going to close this thread until you PM me that you are ready to review the work done on your gun. Anyone with an actual review good or bad can do the same.

I will not let a one trick pony be the only voice allowed to keep the negativity flowing. I asked that if he has nothing else to do but denigrate this shop that he stop posting. So far based on results he has no other reason to be here.
Old 08-21-2014, 4:15 PM
Ordo Militaris Templi
CGN Contributor

Man I should go visit them and let them know what's up.

I work across the street from them.

In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box.
Steve Symms, ex-U.S. Senator, Idaho

Old 08-21-2014, 4:16 PM
Janitors assistant
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese Falcon View Post
Man I should go visit them and let them know what's up.

I work across the street from them.

Send them to me and I will allow a reply.
Old 08-22-2014, 9:32 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Ok, as I said I would do, I went to West Coast after calling them to confirm they had night sights in stock for my venerable Sig 226. I put night sights on it back in the early 1990s, and they were dead.

I also want to be totally above board with this. I never heard of them before this thread. I decided that I wasn't going to mention this thread until after the work was done to prevent any extra effort on their part that would not reflect the same service anyone could expect off the street. I ended up not mentioning the thread or yelp or anything at any point. All they know is I walked in and dropped off a 226 slide for night sight install, and paid in cash.

I called yesterday just before 6 pm and Mike answered. I told him what I wanted, and he told me they had trijicon "HD" sights in stock, and quoted $140, plus $35 to push them. I told him I'd bring it in Friday if possible. I then quickly checked a couple sites to compare pricing, and found the price to be within the range of what these sights cost.

I went there this morning about 10:15, wanting to perhaps get the sights done while I waited. When I got there, the place was not open, but yelp and the sign on the door both said they open at 10. I left a message, and since I had driven a ways, put my feet in the crook of the open door and waited a couple minutes.

Before 1045, a guy showed up and opened the place. I went in and asked if he was Mike. He was not, and he told me Mike was usually there before 10. Although he was younger than me, he surprised me by apologizing several times and said more than once "I hope you didn't have to wait too long". My understanding is Mike is the owner, so it was refreshing to see someone other than the owner take some interest in whether i was inconvenienced.

I forget this guys name, but he does their dura coating. He checked in my slide, gave me a receipt, and told me Mike would call before starting any work.

I went back to my office, and Mike called me some time before lunch. He confirmed I still wanted the HD sights pushed, and when I said yes, he said the pistol would be ready within the hour.

I swung by after work, and another guy handed me the slide and pointed out the bathroom so I could check the glow. When I returned, he handed me the package for the new sights with my old sights in the little bag. The price was as agreed. The sights are mechanically centered and there is not a mark on the sights or my slide. The removed sights are also undamaged.

In short, they delivered exactly what they said they would, when they said they would, although this is probably the easiest task you could ask someone to do. I know many people push their own sights, but this was what I needed done.

The price for the in stock sights was certainly close enough to online pricing, and the push charge was fair. Everyone was polite if not prompt. I certainly never felt dicked around.

Photos.

I would certainly recommend this place to anyone looking for something like a set of night sights. I'd need to see their work on something like a 1911 before I could recommend them for heavy skill smithing. They seem like every other smith I've used in terms of probably really liking guns, good with their hands, and maybe not the same business sense someone with a business degree might have.

I'm not a fan of coatings, so I don't have enough interest to check that out and report.

YMMV.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Last edited by Citadelgrad87; 08-22-2014 at 9:39 PM..
Old 08-24-2014, 7:06 AM
CGSSA Coordinator

I had Mike repair a pistol for me and was so pleased with the work and schedule I have taken two more for him to fix.

Miniprepper
Old 08-24-2014, 1:11 PM

I have used these guys twice and both times I had good experiences.
If I had issues with a business you know what I would do?
Not use the business, tell my friends the issues and find a new business to do the work I need.
Not go online crying about it. Now please delete your account if your not going to contribute to this forum
Old 08-25-2014, 4:25 PM

Looks like they did a fine job installing the sights, Citadelgrad87. Thanks for the unbiased review.