Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 07-25-2014, 6:19 PM

You mad bro?
"... You feel the anger thinking of the loved ones you will never see again, and losing your life infuriates your soul. You rage to get to your feet and grab for a weapon, any weapon. Regardless of your race, culture, or religion, you want to die standing, fighting like a warrior, an American, so others won't have to. For those looking for a definition, this is the price of freedom.”

------
SGT Thomas Macpherson KIA 12 OCT 2012
SFC Ryan Savard KIA 13 OCT 2012
"Sine Pari"
Old 07-26-2014, 9:06 AM
Veteran Member

Don’t let the military be the APEX of your life.

The more you accomplish and achieve the less significant petty things like this will feel.

It’s something to be proud of, but if it’s not your life’s career don’t let flaunting around your military association be the thing that defines you.

As time passes do something just as worthy of being proud of.

I remember at the end of Basic Training they bring in a guy that sells us T-Shirts, Sweats, Hoodies, etc… with our Company Logo and Moto on them.
I personally bought ONE $15 T-shirt with all our names on it. There were kids there spending $700 to $1200 on all sorts of crap enamored with the apex of their life’s accomplishments so every member of their family could get something.

We weren’t even MOS qualified yet and already they are showing their pride and association to our basic training unit we only spent two months at.

I couldn't even tell you which basic training unit I was in. I'm happy enough to remember which base, and when I finished. I guess that's why I have the t-shirt.
Old 07-26-2014, 9:12 AM
Veteran Member

^^^ Wow, they have vendors at Basic now?

I look back at my time in the Army as some of the best times in my life. At the time I did not always feel that way, but my deployment to the ME for me was a life changing experience.

Last edited by 1CavScout; 07-26-2014 at 9:14 AM..
Old 07-26-2014, 10:06 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Did you give him the "Patton" speech????????

Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
(thanks to Jeff Cooper)
Old 07-26-2014, 10:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CavScout View Post

I look back at my time in the Army as some of the best times in my life. At the time I did not always feel that way, but my deployment to the ME for me was a life changing experience.
I agree. Mt time in the military defines who I am today and I will never experience events like I did in the military again. Obviously everyone has different jobs and experiences but to tell someone the military shouldn't define you because they didn't experience the same thing is ridiculous.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:56 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenewgun87 View Post
ok so your not offended if some random person wears an old unit shirt??? they have not affiliation with that unit or even know what its about? someone who was not combat wounded, but gotten hurt because hes a weak b**** and broke his own leg cause he didnt drink enough milk as a kid??? they should rate the same as a combat veteran?
Bro it is a shirt... There are more things in life to grow angry at, but someone wearing a shirt- Leave that for the facebook crowd.

Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...

And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...
Old 07-26-2014, 12:13 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I'm hearing you loud and clear mike that this guy has some of the sharpest skates in the Corps. We all know someone along those lines and it drives us insane every time we see them. Hell, I haven't deployed and I've been in four years. It isn't for lack of trying or even being broken. Spend two years being attached to a non-deploying logistics and maintenance squadron then then attached to a squadron that will take two years to transition to a new aircraft. There is a very good possibility that I won't deploy because of my luck of the draw. Does that make me less of a Marine? I don't think so. I'd hope that you wouldn't think so either. That being said, I have nothing but respect for my bothers and friends who have deployed and who have been blown up, shot down and have held their friends in their arms as they died.

Dodging deployment and acting like a war hero is one thing. Just being unlucky enough to not deploy is completely another.

Patches sold here. I am not affiliated with this page in any way.
Old 07-26-2014, 1:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy47 View Post
Don’t let the military be the APEX of your life.

The more you accomplish and achieve the less significant petty things like this will feel.

It’s something to be proud of, but if it’s not your life’s career don’t let flaunting around your military association be the thing that defines you.
Well said. If you live in the past you will forfeit your future. It is one thing to have experiences change you (hopefully for the better), but they should not define you. If your past experiences have already defined you, then how will you ever improve yourself?

People are only impressed by the things you have done for a short while. Unless you can prove what you are capable of doing now, they will soon tire of the stories of how awesome you used to be.

I understand how the OP feels about the POS he used to work with, but if he is really that bad then everyone around him already knows it.
Old 07-26-2014, 8:07 PM

Well not it all makes sense.

In memory of Rogelio Antonio Ramirez, August 26th 2007
Saqlawiyah Iraq

"most people quick to go to war haven't seen it."-
unknown

Check out my YouTube page
http://www.youtube.com/user/DJCBX/videos
Old 07-28-2014, 2:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CavScout View Post

Vendors come out during family day, its not like they are out there during training selling shirts or whatever commemorative things.

FFLs/Store I support and recommend:
Don at Straightline Tactical in Anaheim
Steve at OC Firearms in Fountain Valley.
Old 07-28-2014, 7:24 PM
Veteran Member

I wear a WWP hoodie. ive never been wounded. and I bought it because 1) I support the guys who got wounded and my buddie swho have been supported by WWP. and 2) because I needed a sweater. yes an expensive sweater, but some of the programs my buddies have gone through aren't cheap.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelrain82 View Post
I wear a WWP hoodie. ive never been wounded. and I bought it because 1) I support the guys who got wounded and my buddie swho have been supported by WWP. and 2) because I needed a sweater. yes an expensive sweater, but some of the programs my buddies have gone through aren't cheap.
Next time, support a company that isn't for profit and one that actually helps vets.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:13 AM
Veteran Member

Despite what the media shows they do help. I have 7 friends that use them and are provided treatment programs or other services. I'm not saying they are the best far from it. But because of them veterans are a front and center issue. The DAV and all the other organizations may spend some more money but they weren't doing much in that area. And they all have been hostile to the younger vets. Mainly their older membership. I pr now many people who have been treated as if they were a nuisance and unwelcome at vfw and al ffacilities.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:21 AM

Wasn't there some news that the WWP was anti-2A as well?
Old 07-29-2014, 3:45 AM

Is just a tshirt. The shirt doesn't make the person wearing it apart of anything. Just like when people wear basketball jerseys from their favorite team, that doesn't give anyone the impression that they are apart of the NBA.

I can see where you're coming from, but seriously, you have to let it go devil dog. If you continue to let things like that bother you, you're going to drive yourself crazy. I use to hate on Marines who would skate out on things, but that was only because misery loves company.
Old 07-29-2014, 3:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheGrave View Post
Wasn't there some news that the WWP was anti-2A as well?
Yes. Do not support that for profit company that uses wounded veterans as a means for profit. **** them.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:25 PM
Mod without thumbs
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

OP if you wish to rant that is fine, but please do it in a more calm manner on the forum. And don`t try to defeat the word filter.
Big103

Last edited by big103; 08-11-2014 at 11:29 PM..
Old 08-13-2014, 5:00 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkwayDrive View Post
Next time, support a company that isn't for profit and one that actually helps vets.
And which one will that be?

Some people like Coke, others like Pepsi. Just like I joined American Legion, others prefer VFW and others like AMVETS. It is all about your POV
Old 08-13-2014, 6:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che762x39 View Post
And which one will that be?

Some people like Coke, others like Pepsi. Just like I joined American Legion, others prefer VFW and others like AMVETS. It is all about your POV
As you said, the decision is yours to make. Just do some research to ensure the company you are supporting actually does support the cause they claim and they are not secretly a for-profit company, like WWP.
Old 08-13-2014, 6:12 PM

My time was 50 years ago and still a brother had to remind me to let it go. I needed that reminder and I offer the same to you let it go.

Sometimes I just get wound around the axle. You would think that the time I have had I would have fixed this character defect.

Welcome Home and thanks for doing what you did.
Old 08-15-2014, 4:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenewgun87 View Post
I reconginze one of them as a junior Marine in my platoon over 4yrs ago...the thing is...he never deployed or did anything as far as i know.
4 years huh? He could have multiple combat tours since then, maybe saved some lives, but since he was broken when you knew him and you have no idea what he has done since then, you should rant about it?
Basically, this is just "I saw a kid I don't like and want everyone to know it!"
Grow up, war pup.