Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > The Target Man - AR500 Shooting Targets
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2012, 3:01 PM

Default Personal Projects and Random Stuff.

Well, I can't be "all business" all the time. Here is some personal things going on. I will continue to update this thread with random BS. Feel free to chime in with whatever you want. lol

Anyhow, I have been saving and finally I'm able to get my 65 Fastback restored. It was a nice car, but it was a "10-foot" car at best. Some dents, paint chipping, leaking windows, minor cancer, leaks everywhere, etc.

I am in the process of having it totally redone. Everything has come apart. The PO did some shotty body work. There was a decent amount of bondo. All the bondo has been removed, all dents have been pulled, and this is turning in to a really nice stang.

Here is the before pic. Remember, looks good from 10 feet. Don't let the pics fool you....

Here is how she sits now...

This is the paint scheme I'm considering. Same color with some pear and also some ghost stripes. What do you guys think??

Be sure to visit our site for UNBEATABLE pricing on AR500 Targets and Ballistic Body Armor! www.TheTargetMan.com

"LIKE" us on Facebook! (we will post coupons and unadvertised specials on FB!)

View our Calguns Subforum!
Old 10-12-2012, 5:15 PM

I love Mustangs, can't wait to see yours done.
Old 11-08-2012, 9:31 AM
Superfluous
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

You own one of my dream cars.

Go with the color that floats your boat.
Are you going to Shelbyize it?

T
Old 11-08-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twystd1 View Post
You own one of my dream cars.

Go with the color that floats your boat.
Are you going to Shelbyize it?

T
Nope. Not going to Shelbyize it.

I already picked the colors and they already painted the jams and stuff. I went with a similar metallic blue like the one pictured above, but I ended up going with a cream-white color for the stripes. I did buy the GT hood with the hood scoop, so that should make it pretty nice looking.

Here is what she looks like as of yesterday...

On another note.... My wife is adopted and she has a relationship with her biological mother who lives in Colorado. We went up there a few months ago to visit and her biological mother's husband has a 67 GT350. THAT is my dream car! Well, maybe a GT500, but either way I'd be happy. Here is that one!

Be sure to visit our site for UNBEATABLE pricing on AR500 Targets and Ballistic Body Armor! www.TheTargetMan.com

Old 11-09-2012, 7:13 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Going to be beautiful! My dad has a 66 GT Fastback that we have been getting after him to get restored. They look so nice when they are all done up
Old 12-07-2012, 11:29 AM

Guess it's time for an update....

The mustang has been painted. They did a great job! I ended up not going with the ghost stripes because my car is not "street rod" themed. A few guys talked me out of it and I'm glad they did because I really like how it came out.

All they have left to do is paint the undercarriage, install the new carpet and dash, remove the old tint from the windows, and then give her a light sanding and buff out the clear. I'm very happy with it!

Here's some pics of before/after the clear coat. The plan is to enjoy this thing for another 18 years and then give it to my son after he graduates college. Until then...I'm going to enjoy it!

AFTER CLEAR

And the engine and tranny got all "cherried" up!

Old 12-30-2012, 8:14 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks for not going with the ghost stripes, they always looked kinda pimpy to me.

And for my grammer nazi-esque bit, it's not really "restored" unless it's 100% back to the way it was when it left the factory, meaning no hood scoops, fancy valve covers, etc.
There, I feel better now that's off my chest.
(Just jealous!)

I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence
I would advise violence. - M. Gandhi
You're my kind of stupid. - M. Reynolds