Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 10-01-2018, 10:39 AM

Question anyone with experience with the Beretta 87 Cheetah 22lr

Been thinking this pistol looks nice. Are they reliable, accurate (not like the S&W 41 but better than a plinker), handle well, and fun to shoot? Like that it's a .22lr. My other .22lr is a snubnose 8 shot revolver.

What would be a good price for one of these?
Old 10-01-2018, 4:39 PM
Veteran Member

Not on Roster so it must be expensive. Buy it to collect, YES. Buy it to shoot , NO. To shoot or plink get the Buckmark or Ruger Mark IV (if you live in free state).
I do not have the Cheetah 22 , but I had the Cheetah 380ACP. After shoot the Cheetah 380ACP couple times I don't like it, I rather shoot Beretta 92FS or CZ 75 Compact.
Oops, forget to answer your question:
I do not have Cheetah 22 so these are my opinions.
- Are they reliable: Yes.
- Accurate : As same as Ruger RS 22, Buckmark, I don't think Cheetah 22 is in the league of Ruger Mark GTM/Competition/Hunter and S&W-41.
- handle well: Of cause, it's a small size of Beretta 92.
- fun to shoot : Yes, it will fit for hand like glove, it's a good looking pistol.
- What would be a good price for one of these? Hmmmm, Cheetah always an over price gun.

Last edited by newbie1234; 10-01-2018 at 5:41 PM..
Old 10-01-2018, 8:53 PM

newbie1234, thanks for the reply. I'm not a collector, so probably not for me. The CZ 75 Compact in 9mm is sweet.
Old 10-02-2018, 5:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie1234 View Post
had the Cheetah 380ACP. After shoot the Cheetah 380ACP couple times I don't like it, I rather shoot Beretta 92FS
Or OP could get the 92FS, plus Beretta's .22LR conversion kit (includes complete slide and barrel), for the capability to shoot both 9mm and .22LR.

FYI, the 92FS .22LR conversion kit is tons of fun, but the .22LR mags are a bit harder to find than standard 92FS 9mm mags. (Best to keep an eye out for sales at the Beretta website.)
Old 10-02-2018, 7:54 AM
Calguns Addict

Mine isn't all that accurate I realize it isn't an Olympic style competition gun but I expected a bit more for what they cost.

I wanted it as there is really no DA/SA 22lr pistols that aren't conversion kits or pocket pistols or not based on the PPK.
Old 10-02-2018, 7:07 PM

My 87bb is plenty accurate for taking to the range and having fun, I have the long barrel version and have found that if I do not over grip the gun (very small gun in the hand by the way) I shoot it much better. However, I don't shoot it much at all and haven't for a while. I've Only taken twice because they are expensive firearms, I bought mine used and it was dirty and had issues with the mag release. It's very difficult to disassemble and reassemble. You'll need patience and time.

If you plan on plinking with a pistol, I'd recommend the buck mark with a slab slide, Target version. It feels heafty in the hand, but I cannot contest to the accuracy as I've never shot one.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2018, 7:28 PM

Unlikely to find one to rent. Then again might find a near mint pistol and be afraid to damage it.
Old 10-03-2018, 5:21 AM

OP, What's considered near mint?

Old 10-03-2018, 6:15 AM

OP, What's considered near mint?, probably more of a Classic that is constructed with skill and care, (probably older too). The above pistols qualify, shoot on special events, show-off to family and friends, and put safely away. Do you agree?
Old 10-03-2018, 9:12 AM

I loved shooting the one I rented in Chile. It was very accurate.

Read the Kelly Turnbull novels to see where California is and will go: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=kelly+tur..._2_15_ts-doa-p
Old 10-03-2018, 9:18 AM

I have read that the triggers need work on them. A lot of creep.
Old 10-03-2018, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friesland View Post
OP, What's considered near mint?, probably more of a Classic that is constructed with skill and care, (probably older too). The above pistols qualify, shoot on special events, show-off to family and friends, and put safely away. Do you agree?

That's for sure, I bought mine used, taken care of though. I shot basically one and done.

Old 10-03-2018, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911man View Post
I have read that the triggers need work on them. A lot of creep.

Older BB models are SAO, FS models are DA/SA which I would agree with a little creep but not much from the ones I've handled. Either which one you choose, overtravel is rediculous. As with most DA/SA firearms.