Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 11-02-2017, 6:06 PM
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal P320 View Post
That might be on San Bernadino. Orange County now takes 3-4 months for CCW.
The bottleneck is now in the training.
OC allows private instruction, SB does their own, and they lost one class location last Feb.

But before Becerra took over, it was taking 120-180 days to get Livescan approvals. At one point, they were down to a TOTAL of 90 days from application to issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 11-02-2017, 8:39 PM

I cannot believe a lawsuit would not be filed against one party controlling a ballot by means of top vote getters. That is not a democracy but a monopoly the same a the communist party does in certain countries like North Korea. Is that what california has become?
Old 11-03-2017, 4:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird View Post
I cannot believe a lawsuit would not be filed against one party controlling a ballot by means of top vote getters. That is not a democracy but a monopoly the same a the communist party does in certain countries like North Korea. Is that what california has become?
Exactly what the majority of voters wanted. Mob rules.
Old 11-03-2017, 8:04 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Casting empty ballots is our only recourse here since it's an official one party state. You can't do that in Cuba but you can do that here. A few million blank ballots cast will garner unwanted attention. "Why do so many bother to cast a ballot but they do not vote"?

California is Cuba with newer cars. I'm surprized the tiny amount of right wing media doesn't show this to the rest of this country. Most living out of this state would be surprized to learn California is an official one party state like our communist neighbor.
Old 11-03-2017, 8:23 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklon View Post
I'm going to study their economic positions and the one that promises to destroy California sooner rather than later is the one I'll vote for.
LMAO! Probably true. In that case it will be Gruesome Newsome. Tony V doesn't know how to tie his own shoes. What a choice.
Old 11-03-2017, 9:11 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Is it still possible to write in candidates ? If so that could give an element of satisfaction for us.

Let's face it neither the swamp media or democrat party will notice or care whatever we do short of getting a republican on the ballot.
Old 11-08-2017, 6:56 AM

By the way, you will have numerous bond issues to vote on. Vote against all of them. California Democrats have ramped up Calif.'s debt load and want to ramp it up more. These will all sound good.....more water, more for education, etc. but they're hiding broken budgets and failure to fix government employee/retiree entitlements. They've also ramped up Medicaid (MediCal?) way, way beyond poverty levels, benefits for illegals, etc.

You must vote against all bond issues, even local. We must starve the beast.

You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We'll preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we'll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness. (Ronald Reagan, 1964)
Old 11-08-2017, 8:14 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Californians are very comfortable with huge tax increases. Look at how they sucked up the gas tax.
Old 11-08-2017, 8:16 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by artb View Post
Tony Villa, now known as Antonio Villaraigosia is not very smart.
He failed the bar exam 3 times.
Gavin Newscum is probably smarter but suffers from ethics conflicts and control syndrome.
I'll take the dunce over the unethical control freak.

Both are horrible candidates.
Aren't there any conservative candidates? ..
Why not, we did it for POTUS.
Old 11-08-2017, 8:20 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
Tell that to the folks who are moving to and now live in free aka Republican states. You got a problem with GOP,let them know .
We Californiaians got here by that kind of logic being continually spewed !
You mean like W. Virginia?
Old 11-08-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
Californians are very comfortable with huge tax increases. Look at how they sucked up the gas tax.
Yes; it's like boiling a frog. By the time the frog realizes it, it's too late. Besides, too many voters are simply ignorant of fiscal matters; they think someone or something else is going to pay, so therefor bonds are harmless.

You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We'll preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we'll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness. (Ronald Reagan, 1964)
Old 11-08-2017, 1:15 PM

Default Don't Be Fooled By Fake News

Despite what the Media is claiming, although the Demorats are occupying most all CA Offices, there are still millions of Conservative Voters here in CA.

It's hard to tell from the Fake News, but the Demorats must still be sweating the details here in CA, or they would not be pushing the Vote for Illegal Immigrants, and trying to stop any investigation into Illegal Voting.

Conservative Voters need to rally around a limited number of conservative candidates for offices. We shot ourselves in the feet this last election with the pot full of candidates for Senate. The Demorats laughed themselves silly when they saw nine Republicans running for one Senate Position, against two Demorats. Dividing the smaller number of registered Conservatives by nine candidates, and of course there wasn't going to be a candidate with a majority of votes in the entire State.

For a Conservative Candidate to have a chance of winning, the State Republican Party needs to get behind one candidate to support in the Primaries. Allowing the Party to fracture into groupd supporting two, three, four, or more candidates is only going to result in the same thing that happened last year, No Conservative on the Ballot.

I am thinking John Cox for Governor, at least he's a Republican. Don't even think of voting for the Demorats !
Old 11-08-2017, 1:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
Wouldn't matter

Top two vote-getters move from the primary to the general for all offices other than POTUS regardless of party.

The supermajority is only going to increase from here on out until they run out of other people's money and the state turns into Baja Norte.
The Democrat and Republican split is about 60%/40%.

With two strong Democratic candidates splitting the vote, in the general election we'd have a Democrat who got about 30% versus a Repuiblican at 40%.
Old 11-08-2017, 1:26 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedro View Post
Why not, we did it for POTUS.
I like your attitude.
If all the Republicans in California would vote, we could do it.
I will be voting for Travis Allen or John Cox.
Old 11-08-2017, 7:02 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Eckhardt View Post
The Democrat and Republican split is about 60%/40%.

With two strong Democratic candidates splitting the vote, in the general election we'd have a Democrat who got about 30% versus a Repuiblican at 40%.
Hasn't worked out that way so far.

http://graphics.latimes.com/election...ornia-results/
1.9 million - Hillary
1.5 million - Bernie
1.2 million - Trump

Looks more like that was a balance of 26% Republican. Kasich & Cruz totaled less than 400,000, but even giving another 400k to Trump, it's still only 32% Republican... Hillary scored 38%

Harris 40%, Sanchez 18%. 3rd was at 8%... not even on the map.

2014 - Brown came out of the primary at 55%

Quote:
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 11-08-2017, 8:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njineermike View Post
True. And the same could be said for term limits.
Redistricting, as well. The part that requires a certain amount of majority-minority districts was not something I noticed when I voted for it, but after that was passed I went from having Republicans represent me to having Democrats represent me. The law has done more harm than good.

Another big hit, but an old one, was Reynolds v. Sims. Republicans would have a shot, at least, at a CA Senate majority today under the pre-1967 constitution, which provided for something close to one-county, one senator (still 40 districts for 58 counties, with the smallest population counties being formed as needed into districts of 2-3 counties, with no counties being divided for any reason; the majority of counties had their own senator). A Democrat supermajority would be virtually impossible for the time being. The constitutional provision that was undone by the courts was passed overwhelmingly via the initiative process a couple of decades beforehand. People back then recognized the need to balance power, to include that between the urban and non-urban areas. The SCOTUS ruling itself is grievously unconstitutional and based far more on ideology than law.
Old 11-09-2017, 8:33 AM

Here’s a quote from a Wall St. Journal Editorial this morning (9 Nov 2017):

“Democrats are taking Trenton back under public-union control. Governor-elect Phil Murphy (New Jersey), a former Goldman Sachs millionaire, is a 360-degree progressive who wants to raise taxes, increase spending and in the process will drive even more taxpayers from the state.”

I don’t know why, but I’m still amazed at how anyone, voters or politicians, can think like that.

Old 11-29-2017, 2:17 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg6XkqwJNn0

An update from grindall61 regarding the 2018 election.

Millennial.

Continuously learning...

Official Firearms Policy Coalition member
https://www.firearmspolicy.org/
Old 11-29-2017, 3:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

Newsom will probably "win" the governors race in the June primary, when our "elected" officials are appointed by party insiders:
http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/09/1...orial-primary/
You have to take into consideration who votes in primary elections (more of the Newsom crowd and less of the Villaraigosa crowd)
Edit: Even if Villaraigosa makes it to the general election, it's a midterm election that won't draw enough of his supporters.

Last edited by Mountain Max; 11-29-2017 at 3:21 PM..
Old 11-29-2017, 6:06 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
yeah they took in the A** like everything else. there is a petition that will be going out this month. the petition is to repeal it entirely.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 11-30-2017, 4:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
yeah they took in the A** like everything else. there is a petition that will be going out this month. the petition is to repeal it entirely.
The smart ones are voting with their feet. The I80 was at least 50% California plates going east over Thanksgiving weekend.

It will only get worse in California.
Old 11-30-2017, 4:29 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artb View Post
I like your attitude.
If all the Republicans in California would vote, we could do it.
I will be voting for Travis Allen or John Cox.
either one would make a great governor!
Hopefully one will throw support to the stronger one.
We cannot afford to spilt the vote and get the 2 unmentionables this thread deals with!
Old 12-01-2017, 9:54 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
That must have been a massive tax hike because when visiting Ca last week it was 1.20 a gallon more than here...
That is definitely way more than just a regional price difference. Especially since there are refineries there.
Was that voted upon or just an "executive" action?
Old 12-01-2017, 4:39 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Eastvale View Post
That must have been a massive tax hike because when visiting Ca last week it was 1.20 a gallon more than here...
That is definitely way more than just a regional price difference. Especially since there are refineries there.
It was not voted on.
It was passed by the legislature (after being written and campaigned for by the governor) and signed by the governor.

It was $0.12/gallon... gas in California is ALWAYS $0.50-$1.20 more than it is in free states due to the custom formulations mandated by the CARB (California's version of the EPA).

In addition to the gas tax, our vehicle registration fees are going to be going up by $125 next year.

Quote:
Old 12-01-2017, 4:59 PM

Honestly I'm hoping whoever of the 2 gets the nomination is quickly sent running to hide under a rock after sexual harassment charges. We all know Newscum is a sleezeball and Villaraygoza is mesican so you know he's probably got some skeletons of a sexual and or gang banging kind in his closet.

Hope they both go down in a hail of flames.
Old 12-01-2017, 6:01 PM

Quote:

They called it a Gas Tax, and didn't publicize that there was also fees tacked onto car registration, and even electric car ownership.

I just got the registration bill for my 1997 VW Jetta, and it was about $52 previously and for next year it's about $125.

The thing that gets me boiling is that the money is going to the General Fund, and the Politicians are fighting over how to spend it. Last time I read that they had already craved about 40% off of the "Gas Tax" for other projects.

This is what happened to the money that Motorist already pay in Gas Taxes that were supposed to go to road building and road maintenance. I've read an explanation that more is getting spent on roads than is being collected by the Gas Tax Money being collected and dumped into the General Fund, and State Bonds being issued to pay for the road building and road maintenance. How does that work? They Collect say $1, and hijack it for other wasteful projects like the Bullet Train, then issue Bonds to get the $1 back so they can pay for the roads, and WHO PAYS BACK THE BONDS, AND THE INTEREST?

The roads and road maintenance would cost us less, if the money we motorists pay was deposited into a fund that pays for what the money was collected for. Cash AND Carry. The Road Projects would cost us much less if we paid in cash, and collect interest on the money before it's disbursed.

The CA Government is playing the same game that the US Government is playing with Social Security. Collect money from Taxer Payers, spend the money instead of holding it or investing it, and take out loans (borrow more money) to pay the bills that the money that they collected were supposed to pay, without actually paying the money back out.

The problem with all pyramid schemes is that eventually left isn't enough new money/suckers paying in to support all the outgoing money, and the scheme collapses.
Old 12-01-2017, 7:51 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
It was not voted on.
It was passed by the legislature (after being written and campaigned for by the governor) and signed by the governor.

It was $0.12/gallon... gas in California is ALWAYS $0.50-$1.20 more than it is in free states due to the custom formulations mandated by the CARB (California's version of the EPA).

In addition to the gas tax, our vehicle registration fees are going to be going up by $125 next year.
Just wait and see when gas is north of $4.00 a gallon again. Then people will really be pissed off. Add to the registration that everyone is going to get screwed on next year too.

If this tax isn't repealed. Watch out Prop 13 will be next to be chopped up into oblivion.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 12-02-2017, 5:37 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
Just wait and see when gas is north of $4.00 a gallon again. Then people will really be pissed off. Add to the registration that everyone is going to get screwed on next year too.

If this tax isn't repealed. Watch out Prop 13 will be next to be chopped up into oblivion.
I think you're vastly underestimating the willingness of the California population to do absolutely nothing about pretty much everything, while simultaneously allowing a vocal and determined minority to dictate all terms of life.

When did I go from being a "citizen" to a "taxpayer"?

Jon Lovitz: ‘I can’t wait to go to a hospital run by the DMV!’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Dude went full CNN...
Peace, love, and heavy weapons. Sometimes you have to be insistent." - David Lee Roth
Old 02-28-2018, 11:08 AM

Tom Selleck for Governor!!!!! (I think a celebrity is the only way a republican gets elected for governor)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-2018, 11:39 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog650 View Post
I seem to remember an awful lot of folks around here urging people to vote for Brown because even though he was a D, he was also a "friend" to gun owners.
He is the best friend we'll ever have in the state government. He did veto some gun bills. As AG he wrote a good brief for us in McDonald. That will never happen again.

As for Tony vs Gavin, from a RKBA perspective, there is no difference. The general election will be top two so there will be no conservative / Republican option. I'm inclined to vote for Tony, because he's incompetent and will pack the state gov't with reconquistadors, which will make rich white liberals suffer more. He's also more likely to get indicted for whatever it is that they do to get indicted in Bell, Maywood, Cudahay, etc.

Victoria "Tori" Rose Smith's life mattered.

Last edited by CCWFacts; 02-28-2018 at 11:41 AM..
Old 02-28-2018, 11:50 AM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherSharp View Post
Tom Selleck for Governor!!!!! (I think a celebrity is the only way a republican gets elected for governor)
We had two celebrities as Republican governors. One embraced the Brady Law and the '94 federal AWB, and so did Arnold.

Just saying.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:05 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluNorthern View Post
Kevin Faulconer, Republican mayor of San Diego, has been mentioned as a possible GOP candidate for governor.

Not real impressed, likely a RINO...but he'd still be better than pretty boy Newsom or Reconquista Tony.
If Faulconer was any bigger of a Rhino, he would have been poached for his horn by now.
Old 03-01-2018, 7:12 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
It was "foisted upon us" by Excremento. 70% of that money won't go to the highway fund anyway. That laws was written so none of the funds can be used to expand lanes, build roads, etc. CA wants everyone out of their cars and into a bus.

We have the second highest gas taxes in the country added to our overpriced special California "summer and winter blends" that also drives up costs. Add our sky high sales taxes and now you know why fuel is being "cost phased out" here in this socialist stronghold.
Old 03-01-2018, 9:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCWFacts View Post
He is the best friend we'll ever have in the state government. He did veto some gun bills. As AG he wrote a good brief for us in McDonald. That will never happen again.

As for Tony vs Gavin, from a RKBA perspective, there is no difference. The general election will be top two so there will be no conservative / Republican option. I'm inclined to vote for Tony, because he's incompetent and will pack the state gov't with reconquistadors, which will make rich white liberals suffer more. He's also more likely to get indicted for whatever it is that they do to get indicted in Bell, Maywood, Cudahay, etc.
It might be more factual to describe Moonbeam as the "least worst" friend we'll ever have in the state government. Brown is no friend to the 2nd Amendment or to gun owners. He signed new anti-gun legislation nearly every year he was Governor. It's possible he has signed more such bills than any Calif. governor in history.

As to what we'll "ever have", I agree. Calif. is now firmly a one-party state; not just any party. It is firmly leftist liberal, and they can and will do whatever their statist, liberal desires dictate. There is no such thing, in Calif., as a "moderate" or "centrist" Democrat.

Last edited by Go Navy; 03-01-2018 at 9:48 AM..