Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions > Shotgun Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun Gallery Post pictures of your scattergun here.

Old 07-18-2014, 1:25 PM

Default FFL could not transfer my VEPR12

I purchased a VEPR 12 from atlantic a few weeks back and it arrived to my FFL today, he looks at my shotgun and told me he didnt know if it was transferable or not because of our beloved president we looked up the manufacturer(molot) and of course its not on the list, I call the attorney general no help and very rude, finally I called atlantic and he told my FFL to transfer it under the title russian instead of molot or any other russian manufacturer obviously besides saiga lol...but if you are planning on purchasing russian made eeapons get your FFL in contact with whomever you bought it from so they can square it away. Anybody else had this problem?
Old 07-18-2014, 1:26 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

What FFL was that?
Old 07-18-2014, 1:37 PM
I need a LIFE!!

freakin retard the distributors already paid the companies that made them have no further stake in the item
Old 07-18-2014, 3:47 PM

In oceanside ca its pacific home defense, dude was really about to send the vepr back until he got confirmation, I dont think ill buy anymore firearms in california after this its too much of a hassle
Old 07-18-2014, 4:18 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1066 View Post
In oceanside ca its pacific home defense, dude was really about to send the vepr back until he got confirmation, I dont think ill buy anymore firearms in california after this its too much of a hassle
That is the plan. Make it too much of a hassle to buy and the back door gun ban is created without any new law.

Private 10 acre range rentals
[/URL]
Old 07-18-2014, 4:21 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1066 View Post
Just sounds like that FFL has no idea of what is going on. Try Direct Action Solutions in Solana Beach next time, great people and awesome service.
Old 07-18-2014, 4:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutz View Post
Just sounds like that FFL has no idea of what is going on. Try Direct Action Solutions in Solana Beach next time, great people and awesome service.
^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Just 15 minutes down the 5 from Oceanside

~Pope John Paul II
Old 07-18-2014, 5:16 PM

Ill trt those guys if i decide to purchase again. Thing is i feel like crap when i pay these bs taxes and dros and transfer fees to this state, i feel like im contributing to people who want to take away guns, didnt know what I was getting into once I moved out here...I came from north carolina and got stationed on pendleton, I was an instant felon apparently, ar with no bullet button , "high cap mags" I did no homework unfortunately.
Old 07-24-2014, 6:49 PM

sounds like that vepr 12 is nothing but trouble, I'll help you out and take it off your hands.problem solved!!!
Old 09-07-2014, 1:54 PM

Getting my Vepr took a lot of time and effort as well. It really depends on the shops though. Went to three saying they could do it but after seeing the paper work they wre hesitant. Granted i got mine before the Ban but even before the Ban not a lot of places deal with them. It is worth the wait though. Just look at my picture :P Best of luck to you.
Old 09-07-2014, 6:33 PM

I got my vepr in Fresno very recently. I picked it up from jail this weekend and I had absolutely no problems what-so-ever. I'm pretty sure your FFL isn't very educated.
Old 09-12-2014, 1:59 PM

which ffl in fresno?
Old 09-12-2014, 3:16 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutz View Post
+1; sounds like the local FFL is the problem.

If the gun was paid for by Atlantic, to their distributor / importer, before the ban then its gtg. Obviously; the ban being so new... many guns will be in that status and still legally in the retail channel for sale. Heck; I get ads for companies with many models of Vepr and Saiga up for sale still... not at prices I want to pay... but available still.
Old 09-12-2014, 3:21 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by javithewrench View Post
sounds like that vepr 12 is nothing but trouble, I'll help you out and take it off your hands.problem solved!!!
guy has to get it into his hands before you can it off his hands.