Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Diego Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2014, 8:57 AM

Gotchya

I apologize to you and the staff at SDFTC for being disrespectful in my last post.
Old 02-18-2014, 6:39 AM

I spoke to Manpants at the CalGuns shoot last weekend and trust me, he wants this place to be successful. He just has some concerns based on personal and reported experiences which are legitimate. He shares these concerns not so much to discourage potential patrons, but to provide direction for a new business by comparing it against long time successful ones. It may come across a bit brash, but I can assure you he wants this joint to be a success. With so many others having pleasant experiences, it may have been Manpants' feedback that helped with some of the changes. There have been a few adjustments to the rules in just the few weeks since opening. SDF is listening. That is what the forums is about anyway.

I have been in 3 times now and signed up for a corporate membership yesterday. My experience has been pleasant each time. The staff is definitely friendly, and probably more so than other ranges. If you asked me a week ago if I would prefer to be left alone or have the staff talking me up, I would have said leave me alone. But after a few visits to SDF, I see the potential for it to be my Cheers. Hell, they already know my name when I walk in.

The corporate membership is great. Comes out to $139pp and I get a $9 guest when I go in. I took a buddy in yesterday and we closed the place down. I talked to one of the RSOs about the RIA I brought in and he was able to tell me what he did to fit some night sights on his. Another was helping a couple guys in another lane get on target. They let us clean up our brass and even let me know a guy had left some at another lane since I was losing some of mine over the firing line.

Some of the rules are a bit stricter than other joints, but it is in the interest of safety. I plan to do mostly pistol shooting here since it is cheaper than the SDPD Pistol Range where I normally go and is half the distance. The only concern I really have, and it comes from me working in operations and having to be aware of my staffing levels, is I feel they are a bit overstaffed. I certainly prefer that over understaffed though. As long as my costs don't go up to cover it, so be it.

Welcome to the neighborhood SDF. I wish you guys the best and encourage you to continue listening to your customers. One thing I hope to see you guys doing once you have a gunsmith, is SSE transfers. With the ever shrinking roster and your range really being meant for pistols, it would seem to me like an obvious match.

As for anybody on the fence, I encourage you to visit yourself. I bet I even get Manpants back in there at some point. I'll tell him we're going to get some Cheetos.
Old 02-18-2014, 8:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITZOFFICIAL View Post
One thing I hope to see you guys doing once you have a gunsmith, is SSE transfers. With the ever shrinking roster and your range really being meant for pistols, it would seem to me like an obvious match.
I hope you're right. I've had to get more than one of my pistols this way, and it'd be nice if I could get them from SDFTC.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2014, 9:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadigmGuy View Post
I hope you're right. I've had to get more than one of my pistols this way, and it'd be nice if I could get them from SDFTC.
It'd be really cool if you could RENT off roster guns to drive more SSE sales.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:13 AM

Cheetos? That changes everything!
Old 02-18-2014, 10:43 AM

Some good comments! SSE, renting SSE guns! Wow! That would be great!!

I go to DAS in Solana Beach for my SSEs...Also, Parallax Tactical does them too - in Sorrento Mesa/Valley off Miramar Road
Old 02-18-2014, 12:19 PM

Manpants quote on this new range..... "Plexiglas dividers? I guess that's...cool. I rather not see the person on the lane next to me being unsafe". You also said you don't like being "stared" at while shooting.

Personal opinion and professional opinion, please don't be a mentor to other shooters (Firearms Instruction ect.) as I believe you're comment is reflective of an attitude that is unsafe and adversarial. Be safe. Peace.

Last edited by retired195; 02-18-2014 at 2:00 PM.. Reason: Clarification
Old 02-18-2014, 5:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired195 View Post
Manpants quote on this new range..... "Plexiglas dividers? I guess that's...cool. I rather not see the person on the lane next to me being unsafe". You also said you don't like being "stared" at while shooting.

Personal opinion and professional opinion, please don't be a mentor to other shooters (Firearms Instruction ect.) as I believe you're comment is reflective of an attitude that is unsafe and adversarial. Be safe. Peace.
It would appear that reading comprehension is not your strong suit but taking things out of context seems to be.

By me stating I don't like seeing other shooters do dumb stuff (which happens regularly) even WHEN being watched that somehow translates to me being unsafe and adversarial. You know like... muzzle sweeping the lane next to them or busy taking selfies to post on Facebook and such. Wow. You are reaching on that one.

You quote me on saying I don't like to be stared at when shooting and that equates to a facepalm.... Again.... reaching. Do you even know what you are trying to argue against or are you just upset that I don't like your range? Face it... not everyone will like you, your range, your policies. That is the hard truth any business has to deal with. By making a personal attack on me and saying that I am not professional and that I should not instruct people on firearms safety because I don't care for your plexiglas dividers is outright laughable. Thanks for trying to vet me. What is this "professional opinion" you claim to have? Other than me not being fit to instruct others because I do not like being watched when going to an indoor range? Or the fact that it might be distracting having one of you stand over me the entire time I am there? Your range, your rules. I get it. Doesn't mean I have to spend money there. I also find it humorous you brought that specific thing up out of all of the actual other gripes myself and others brought up. Including fallacies with ammo type, pricing and brass policies.

Keep in mind it works both ways. You are making a personal attack on me at the same time you represent your range. Which I never did to one of you. On a public forum. I also do wish the range success and hope that with the ever evolving policies it helps to strengthen their foothold in the community both professionally from a monetary standpoint as well as community standpoint. Which I have in the previous postings as well. But you left that out. As you say, Be safe.

Last edited by Manpants; 02-18-2014 at 5:28 PM..
Old 02-18-2014, 5:27 PM

Guys, guys, guys. I have enough Cheetos for everybody.

Old 02-18-2014, 5:30 PM

Quote:

If they had Cheetos of that magnitude... and OR cupcakes such as those presented to me at the event this weekend... I could easily change my view. Well played! I do love me some Cheetos.
Old 02-18-2014, 5:34 PM

I didn't see .454 or .460 on the approved ammo list. But 45-70?

Are they allowed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2014, 6:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
I didn't see .454 or .460 on the approved ammo list. But 45-70?

Are they allowed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
.454, .460 and 45-70 are allowed. We had a guy on the range shooting a .500 Smith the other day. Quite a "boom".

www.SanDiegoFirearms.com
(858) 679-2900
Old 02-18-2014, 6:26 PM

I'm headed there tomorrow afternoon and bringing a few friends that haven't yet been.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2014, 8:03 PM

Quote:

lol guys stop feeding the troll.

Last edited by bulletblood; 02-18-2014 at 8:11 PM..
Old 02-18-2014, 9:16 PM

is there a list of the "cool guns" available to rent yet?
Old 02-18-2014, 10:52 PM

ManPants.....PM Sent.
Old 02-19-2014, 6:48 AM

John said you should have some flyers printed up soon. When you do give a stack to Eric and he'll bring them to my shop. I'll put them on my counter and hand them out to my customers. I have a very pro 2a customer base.
Old 02-20-2014, 6:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikertrash View Post
John said you should have some flyers printed up soon. When you do give a stack to Eric and he'll bring them to my shop. I'll put them on my counter and hand them out to my customers. I have a very pro 2a customer base.
Which Eric, we have three.

www.SanDiegoFirearms.com
(858) 679-2900
Old 02-20-2014, 6:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_cue View Post
is there a list of the "cool guns" available to rent yet?
We have some basic handguns and an AR. What would you like to see as "cool guns", and we'll see if we can get them.

www.SanDiegoFirearms.com
(858) 679-2900
Old 02-20-2014, 6:26 PM

Uhhh...the Blonde one??? Haha, never mind. Set them aside and I'll pick them up on Saturday evening.

Thanks.
Old 02-20-2014, 6:27 PM

I think you had mentioned you won't be doing SSE's...correct?

If you were, then, a host of guns

XDs 4.0" 9mm
Glock 2x Gen 4's

Old 02-20-2014, 7:52 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoFirearms View Post
We have some basic handguns and an AR. What would you like to see as "cool guns", and we'll see if we can get them.
Looking forward to some PC 832 classes. Hope those start soon.

The information posted here is not legal advice. If you seek legal advice hire an attorney who is familiar with all the facts of your case.
Old 02-22-2014, 8:33 PM

Default Great shot at San Diego Firearms Training Center

I was the RSO on the line when Calguns member Bikertrash sent his target to the 25 yard line. One shot with his XD40 and we both took the double take at the target. See attached photo of target.

I wanted to take a photo of the target for the Range Facebook Page and thought I would share the photo of this great shot. Cheers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg great.shot.jpg (65.0 KB, 65 views)
Old 02-22-2014, 9:37 PM

i couldn't do thay point blank lol. goos job!

-Armand
Sent from my Apple Galaxy Note 7
Old 02-23-2014, 7:11 AM

Thanks. I have to thank the RSO James for his instructions. They helped me out a ton and made it more enjoyable. I learned to shoot handguns in the Army over 20yrs ago. Never any formal instruction just "Here's your side arm, Don't look into this end, now learn to hit the target". Over the years I figured out what worked for me. On my first visit to SDF I told James, "Let me know if you see me doing anything wrong". He did and for the next hour gave me tips and that helped dramatically!!

I'm really greatful to have such a pool of experts to learn from. Last night RSO Chris said "$100 if you hit inside the 10 ring (15yds). I told him I didn't have any money. He said he didn't either. I put the first one in the 10 ring. He said, "Bet you can't do it again". Put the next one in it.

I'm sure he won't do that again lol.
Old 02-23-2014, 3:09 PM

I need to hit this range. Maybe someone can show me how to hit paper.
Old 02-23-2014, 6:59 PM

bikertrash always great to have you on the range . That was some fine
shooting.
Proverbs 27:17