Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-29-2017, 11:50 AM
xdjxklusivex xdjxklusivex is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 84
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default UPDATE: Hodge road

I was planning a trip to Hodge this weekend but I read a few places its no longer good to shoot at. After speaking with Barstow BLM its confirmed Hodge road is now private property and no longer BLM land. No shooting allowed at Hodge without written consent from the owner.

Figured I would leave this here for anyone looking to go there, not worth getting in trouble over IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-29-2017, 4:33 PM
vaka's Avatar
vaka vaka is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 757
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdjxklusivex View Post
I was planning a trip to Hodge this weekend but I read a few places its no longer good to shoot at. After speaking with Barstow BLM its confirmed Hodge road is now private property and no longer BLM land. No shooting allowed at Hodge without written consent from the owner.

Figured I would leave this here for anyone looking to go there, not worth getting in trouble over IMO.
If you buy a BLM map it will show that only a tiny parcel of Hodge road is public land and the rest is private property.
__________________
Old problems are like dry poop, if you let the dry poop sit it doesn't smell but the minute you decide to stir the poop with a stick, the smell comes back. Moral of the story, Don't bring up old problems!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-02-2017, 8:41 PM
DProm DProm is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 54
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

So much for planning on ringing in the New Year's for me there on January 1st. Now I have to plan a different location. Was afraid this was going to happen one day because of the excessive amount of trash people leave there. Thanks for the heads up.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-04-2017, 8:04 AM
xdjxklusivex xdjxklusivex is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 84
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DProm View Post
So much for planning on ringing in the New Year's for me there on January 1st. Now I have to plan a different location. Was afraid this was going to happen one day because of the excessive amount of trash people leave there. Thanks for the heads up.
Drove by Hodge this weekend and saw a TON of people shooting, more than I have ever seen to be honest.

Personally I wouldn't risk it OR you can just play dumb if someone does question you.


Side note: I did find 40 acres for sale off Hodge road for 22k...... Group buy??
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-04-2017, 8:32 AM
downdiver2's Avatar
downdiver2 downdiver2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 740
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdjxklusivex View Post
I was planning a trip to Hodge this weekend but I read a few places its no longer good to shoot at. After speaking with Barstow BLM its confirmed Hodge road is now private property and no longer BLM land. No shooting allowed at Hodge without written consent from the owner.

Figured I would leave this here for anyone looking to go there, not worth getting in trouble over IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DProm View Post
So much for planning on ringing in the New Year's for me there on January 1st. Now I have to plan a different location. Was afraid this was going to happen one day because of the excessive amount of trash people leave there. Thanks for the heads up.
A little homework of the area - maybe going further east on the 15 (Think an exit or two past the outlets) an extra 15 minute drive will reveal a BLM area not used often, totally legal, private (No other shooters around) and clean. Hodge road is ghetto and dangerous.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-11-2017, 7:19 AM
DProm DProm is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 54
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by downdiver2 View Post
A little homework of the area - maybe going further east on the 15 (Think an exit or two past the outlets) an extra 15 minute drive will reveal a BLM area not used often, totally legal, private (No other shooters around) and clean. Hodge road is ghetto and dangerous.
Further east away from the 15? Because the 15 runs north and south. Also an exit or two after the outlets would run somewhere near Calico Ghost Town.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-11-2017, 5:35 PM
Chopperjk Chopperjk is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 5
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

There is one section north west of the exit, but all blm land north of silver lakes and east of helendale rd is open also. the east side of the 15 is open to shotgun only just a reminder
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hodge road.jpg (100.1 KB, 120 views)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:05 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.