Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:50 AM

Default UPDATE: Hodge road

I was planning a trip to Hodge this weekend but I read a few places its no longer good to shoot at. After speaking with Barstow BLM its confirmed Hodge road is now private property and no longer BLM land. No shooting allowed at Hodge without written consent from the owner.

Figured I would leave this here for anyone looking to go there, not worth getting in trouble over IMO.
Old 11-29-2017, 4:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdjxklusivex View Post
I was planning a trip to Hodge this weekend but I read a few places its no longer good to shoot at. After speaking with Barstow BLM its confirmed Hodge road is now private property and no longer BLM land. No shooting allowed at Hodge without written consent from the owner.

Figured I would leave this here for anyone looking to go there, not worth getting in trouble over IMO.
If you buy a BLM map it will show that only a tiny parcel of Hodge road is public land and the rest is private property.
Old problems are like dry poop, if you let the dry poop sit it doesn't smell but the minute you decide to stir the poop with a stick, the smell comes back. Moral of the story, Don't bring up old problems!
Old 12-02-2017, 8:41 PM

So much for planning on ringing in the New Year's for me there on January 1st. Now I have to plan a different location. Was afraid this was going to happen one day because of the excessive amount of trash people leave there. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 12-04-2017, 8:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DProm View Post
So much for planning on ringing in the New Year's for me there on January 1st. Now I have to plan a different location. Was afraid this was going to happen one day because of the excessive amount of trash people leave there. Thanks for the heads up.
Drove by Hodge this weekend and saw a TON of people shooting, more than I have ever seen to be honest.

Personally I wouldn't risk it OR you can just play dumb if someone does question you.

Side note: I did find 40 acres for sale off Hodge road for 22k...... Group buy??
Old 12-04-2017, 8:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdjxklusivex View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DProm View Post
A little homework of the area - maybe going further east on the 15 (Think an exit or two past the outlets) an extra 15 minute drive will reveal a BLM area not used often, totally legal, private (No other shooters around) and clean. Hodge road is ghetto and dangerous.
Old 12-11-2017, 7:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downdiver2 View Post
A little homework of the area - maybe going further east on the 15 (Think an exit or two past the outlets) an extra 15 minute drive will reveal a BLM area not used often, totally legal, private (No other shooters around) and clean. Hodge road is ghetto and dangerous.
Further east away from the 15? Because the 15 runs north and south. Also an exit or two after the outlets would run somewhere near Calico Ghost Town.
Old 12-11-2017, 5:35 PM

There is one section north west of the exit, but all blm land north of silver lakes and east of helendale rd is open also. the east side of the 15 is open to shotgun only just a reminder
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hodge road.jpg (100.1 KB, 120 views)