Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 06-23-2014, 7:49 AM

Default Firearms Training for new soldiers

Hello all I'm wondering if anyone knows of anybody who is willing to go on shoots and teach ROTC cadets how to shoot. Were based out of California State University Long Beach and many of these guys that come in have never had the opportunity to shoot. ROTC has few funds so we can't really afford a range for everyone but for the CDT's who want they could pay for costs.
Thank you
Old 06-23-2014, 5:38 PM

Pm sent. I know a USMC coach that might be interested.
Old 06-23-2014, 5:43 PM

Pm me
I will teach them
Old 06-24-2014, 4:30 AM

PM me, I'm a certified RSO, PMI, small arms and crew served instructor.
Also work in the civilian side as a tactical instructor. You need a subject matter expert, not just anyone that's been Deployed or survived Basic/boot...IMO.

RIP SGT Carlo "Eugie" Eugenio

KIA 29 OCT 2011 Camp Phoenix, Kabul, AFG
Old 06-24-2014, 5:08 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I'm a USMC marksmanship coach. If a PMI is putting on a course I'd be happy to help.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Patches sold here. I am not affiliated with this page in any way.
Old 07-03-2014, 5:27 AM

You need a subject matter expert, not just anyone that's been Deployed or survived Basic/boot
Old 07-03-2014, 6:05 AM

I agree surviving fire fights and training properly are two different things. Listen to the PMI.

For the one shot in a room calm down take a deep breath and you will be ok. there is a solution if this bothers you buy a set of electronic ear muffs and leave them on while at the gun range. You will be able to talk and listen and not lose any hearing.

For me I live life for life and the things that are not guaranteed are ok for me so I will not die of old age and have the best hearing in the mortuary.
Old 07-04-2014, 9:59 AM

PMI/Marksmanship coaches are there to teach how to shoot the KD course of fire.

Which is a competition style shoot and not applicable to real life shooting with the exception of the very basic skills.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:49 AM
Garv Overlord
CGN Contributor

Location: 805, Caught Between My Woman And My Pistol And My Chips

Project Appleseed?

They might even let 'em on the line for free (they give mil/leo discount, don't know if ROTC would count). Couldn't hurt to ask. Instructors usually have loaner rifles. Would just need to find some ammo and pay range fee.

Schedule:
http://appleseedinfo.org/search-stat...ame=California

Oh and BTW there's at least two spammer in this thread, including the earpro guy.

Old 07-11-2014, 12:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracer666 View Post
PM me, I'm a certified RSO, PMI, small arms and crew served instructor.
Also work in the civilian side as a tactical instructor. You need a subject matter expert, not just anyone that's been Deployed or survived Basic/boot...IMO.
You really don't. This guy is talking about BRM, anything more advanced will be handled when the 2nd LT goes to his or her permanent assignment.

Rifle basics start with the operation, handling, and cleaning of the weapon system. There are plenty of FMs covering these subjects. Once the group demonstrates dry-fire proficiency they can move on to firing three shot groups. Then zero, then qualification.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:29 PM

I'm a former Appleseed instructor. Quit because of the ridiculous internal politics. I'd be happy to help anyone down in my area.
Originally Posted by stix213
I'll worry about Hannibal Lecter having too many rights when the rest of us get ours in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Dave View Post
Any American who isn't on a government watch list should be ashamed of themselves.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckDizzle View Post
You really don't. This guy is talking about BRM, anything more advanced will be handled when the 2nd LT goes to his or her permanent assignment.

Rifle basics start with the operation, handling, and cleaning of the weapon system. There are plenty of FMs covering these subjects. Once the group demonstrates dry-fire proficiency they can move on to firing three shot groups. Then zero, then qualification.
Yup BRM! What is it that I had written that's just not breaking through to your cranial mass?! You receive PMI before every range weather here at home or overseas. Hence forth, I am a RSO, Range Safety Officer, for my unit as well as one of the primary PMI's, Preliminary Marksmanship Instructors for multiple weapon systems...Hopefully this clears up your cloudy confusion.

Why I think it necessary not everyone that's in teach these younger kids how to shoot military style; Most PVT PFC SPC and even some NCO's have bad habits she. It comes to basics, and if these guys are legit about joining the. Why not get the. Familiarized with a set standard that they will more than likely he introduced to minus different service terminology and they will spend less time being confused dealing with their DI or DS and more time focusing on getting their rounds center mass and within the 4cm circle at 25m, if you can't accomplish a basic zero how can you expect to qualify...Phuk!

RIP SGT Carlo "Eugie" Eugenio

KIA 29 OCT 2011 Camp Phoenix, Kabul, AFG

Last edited by Tracer666; 08-05-2014 at 11:43 AM.. Reason: A
Old 08-05-2014, 11:13 AM

Wish you were farther north, I would love to help out. I have been doing BRM/PMI, RSO and remeadial marksmanship (those that need one on one type training) for the better part of 17 years (the joy of being an NCO and a gun guy). I have instructed U.S., Canadian, Iraqi, Afghan and Australian forces.