Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 08-05-2012, 6:40 PM
CGN Contributor

I've been banned by them, so it's hard to tell, but is their Facebook page gone again? It looks that way to me.
Old 08-05-2012, 6:48 PM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirShark View Post
I've been banned by them, so it's hard to tell, but is their Facebook page gone again? It looks that way to me.
talk about a slap in the face! They probably owe you ammo (or refund) and instead they ban you (like telling you to f-off).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaphroditus View Post
It only has as much power as you give it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
-----------------------------
"RIGHT POWER!"
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg
Old 08-05-2012, 6:53 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
talk about a slap in the face! They probably owe you ammo (or refund) and instead they ban you (like telling you to f-off).
I'm actually ok lol. I got my money back from my bank.

I started this thread though and I'm planning on sticking around to watch the wreck :-)
Old 08-05-2012, 7:40 PM

I'll be shocked if my refund actually shows up someday... but I won't hold my breathe!
Old 08-06-2012, 6:17 AM
Veteran Member

As we speak, Jack Ross' advertise still on Calgunns page banner.

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:14 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldnoob View Post
As we speak, Jack Ross' advertise still on Calgunns page banner.
I really don't get that. They must have prepaid for a long time.

BBB responded today, case closed, no response from business.

I also got an "your order was rejected" auto email from JRA. They can't even cancel an order politely lol.
Old 08-09-2012, 4:04 PM
CGN Contributor

The BBB now correctly grades JRA: F

http://www.bbb.org/reno/business-rev...no-nv-90013758
Old 08-09-2012, 4:09 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
The BBB now correctly grades JRA: F

http://www.bbb.org/reno/business-rev...no-nv-90013758
I'm not saying they don't deserve that "F", because they probably do. But if they had joined BBB and paid their extortion membership fees, they would be graded about a "C" right now. BBB has become a joke!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRazz View Post
I don't wish to be known as a set of tits behind a gun.
Old 08-09-2012, 8:57 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazzB7 View Post
I'm not saying they don't deserve that "F", because they probably do. But if they had joined BBB and paid their extortion membership fees, they would be graded about a "C" right now. BBB has become a joke!
Either way, it says they haven't even responded to 11 of 12 BBB complaints.that says F in my book lol
Old 08-11-2012, 1:36 PM

I got a email that said my order was canceled and the 79 bucks was put in my
checking account. Time to buy from Freedom munitions.
Old 08-12-2012, 5:28 PM

Default JRA.. good luck.

Same here. Purchased 3 cases of 9mm in late March. After reading this thread and multiple attempts to contact JRA (with no luck), i've had it. Requested and received a refund a few days ago. I would never order from JRA again. For me, it's not worth the hassle and/or waiting for over 4 months with no communication other than a canned reply to my recent email (prior to disputing the charge) basically telling me to "... be patient." Usually, when the price idicates it's too good to be true, that's usually the case. What a total waste of time... good luck to those hanging in there.
Old 08-15-2012, 1:23 AM

I'm still not understanding why the Jack Ross banner is still here on Calguns. You'd think with this kind of community disservice, it would be taken down. Paid for or not.
Old 08-15-2012, 5:52 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RECCE556 View Post
I'm still not understanding why the Jack Ross banner is still here on Calguns. You'd think with this kind of community disservice, it would be taken down. Paid for or not.
I've neglected to comment in this thread as I've had no business with Jack Ross, but I've literally been wondering about that ad banner since the very first post in the thread. I've been watching that ad and watching the thread. It's a shame to see a firearms related company bite the dust, especially as Jack Ross seems to have. I think it's time for Calguns to remove that ad banner.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:43 PM

Calguns would probably have to refund their banner money to remove their banner.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:46 PM

Luckily I got a refund thru my CC. No word ever from Jack Ross.
Old 08-18-2012, 1:44 PM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by stand125 View Post
Calguns would probably have to refund their banner money to remove their banner.
what CGN should so is take it down and tell JRA it will go back up in six months, they are getting caught up on more important orders right now...

I wonder how JR would respond to the same crap they do to people..
Quote:
Quote:
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
Quote:
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
"RIGHT POWER!"
Old 08-18-2012, 1:45 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
what CGN should so is take it down and tell JRA it will go back up in six months, they are getting caught up on more important orders right now...

Best.
Idea.
Ever!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2012, 4:34 PM

Quote:

LOL!!!

But seriously, they should.

I've had enough of this BS. I filed a dispute with my CC company today. 5 months of waiting and still nothing. This is the worst company I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. I got lucky and my CC company added an extension to the timeframe that is typical for disputes. Thumbs up to Wells Fargo for helping my sorry *** out. I was stupid to think these guys would ever pony up my ammo, and even more stupid to allow a company to charge me before they shipped my product. Sorry to those that cannot dispute their charges but for those who still can, DO IT NOW! I'll take my business elsewhere.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:23 PM

Angry

For those of you who are still being patient with JRA, check out the pics that someone posted of their ammo "quality". Sure glad that I disputed my CC charge weeks ago. I had ordered 3 cases of 9s at end of March and finally decided to dispute the charge in August - almost 5 months thereafter.
http://www.armedbadger.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3907

Excerpt: "... After waiting, filing complaints with the FTC and the WI DATCP, and disputing the charge with my bank, I actually got the ammo that I placed back in April.
Order arrived Aug. 15. Here's what I got:

Empty box that had contained Winchester Primers - trash
Raw gun powder everywhere - Not enough to cause panic, but still dangerous in my opinion
Brass filings all over the trays
2, not one but two, malformed cartridges. These 2 were right next to each other in the same tray, same box..."
Old 08-28-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by granthgranth View Post
For those of you who are still being patient with JRA, check out the pics that someone posted of their ammo "quality". Sure glad that I disputed my CC charge weeks ago. I had ordered 3 cases of 9s at end of March and finally decided to dispute the charge in August - almost 5 months thereafter.
http://www.armedbadger.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3907

Excerpt: "... After waiting, filing complaints with the FTC and the WI DATCP, and disputing the charge with my bank, I actually got the ammo that I placed back in April.
Order arrived Aug. 15. Here's what I got:

Empty box that had contained Winchester Primers - trash
Raw gun powder everywhere - Not enough to cause panic, but still dangerous in my opinion
Brass filings all over the trays
2, not one but two, malformed cartridges. These 2 were right next to each other in the same tray, same box..."
That is some seriously terrible construction.

How the heck does that happen? How does anyone expect someone to use that? I'd be afraid to touch it. :/
Old 08-28-2012, 12:12 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindwreck View Post
I ordered ammo from them before the craziness started. They were great. cheap prices with prompt service.

But yeah this sucks for them and the people that ordered ammo. Another small American business going down the drain. They just weren't ready for this kind of volume of orders. A small family business with 100s probably 1000s of orders across the nation in a few months time.

They were fine 'til the point where i started seeing their prices posted on forums and on slickguns. With that kind of publicity, they just get hammered. Hopefully they make things right it and it all works out.
But the thing is that if they took your money, and they get overwhelmed with orders, why can't they send you your money back?
Old 08-28-2012, 12:41 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSoul View Post
These guys got real balls selling at gun shows, and NOT shipping their web orders. It appears that they have the equipment, and the raw materials, so what the hell? Something is going on here, and I would bet they are just stringing people along until they bank enough money that they can leave the country and live on everyone else's dime down in Mexico or something.

It's ashamed that so many people have been suckerd by these d-bags.
I'm guessing that they are now desperate. They sell at gun shows because there is no shipping costs involved (I'm sure they charge for that anyway) to get some quick cash.

I wonder if the backlog is due to their needing capital for supplies (primers, powder, bullets, brass) or if they need manpower. I'm guessing the machines are running 24/7 but need real humans to watch them.

With just ... his wife, some kid and some other woman, I can see them being overwhelmed, but running at the razor's edge.

They no longer have the money to refund orders because they pre-spent profits to move to the larger place, and every cent is being used to fullfil bigger contracts so they don't lose those.

It's easiest for them to screw the smaller guys and not their brass providers, but if they were smart, they would fulfill SOME of the smaller orders. If some guy ordered 100 rounds, send that! They should work on reducing the number of PO'ed customers.

I dunno, I hope they can recover from this really bad business practice.

Yeah, so reminiscent of the 10mm Freakshow guy.

And everyone who buys a progressive press thinks "Hey, I could SELL my reloads!" LOL.
Old 08-29-2012, 6:54 PM

Bump cause people keep bumping his for sale thread. And I didn't get jacked.
Old 09-09-2012, 2:30 PM

Still have not received anything yet, bump
Old 09-09-2012, 5:40 PM

So, who here is a lawyer and wants to head up a class action.

I'm almost sure I won't see my money or ammo...
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.” - Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle
Old 09-09-2012, 5:57 PM
CGN Contributor

Are all of you past your credit card dispute time limit? Chase was very understanding with me even with such a long duration passed. I got my money back from them.
Old 09-10-2012, 9:01 PM

It's been almost six months now. I think I'll talk to Chase this week and see if there's anything they can do. If JR would have at least kept updating us I probably would have waited longer.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Are all of you past your credit card dispute time limit? Chase was very understanding with me even with such a long duration passed. I got my money back from them.
Yeah, I am.
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.” - Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle
Old 09-12-2012, 2:09 PM

Dang, I wish I checked back in to CalGuns sooner. Add me to the growing list of people who are past their card dispute time limit. Back in April JR just seemed to be slow, but reputable so I went for the 9mm 115gr RN Reloaded $159/1000+Free Shipping to California, Nevada and Utah. They answered my email in July, seemed polite and responsive so I didn't give it much thought until the end of August -
Old 09-12-2012, 2:27 PM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombot View Post
Dang, I wish I checked back in to CalGuns sooner. Add me to the growing list of people who are past their card dispute time limit. Back in April JR just seemed to be slow, but reputable so I went for the 9mm 115gr RN Reloaded $159/1000+Free Shipping to California, Nevada and Utah. They answered my email in July, seemed polite and responsive so I didn't give it much thought until the end of August -
slow in April, yes... reputable? not so much...

This isn't a new thing: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ight=jack+ross
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
"RIGHT POWER!"
Old 09-13-2012, 2:14 PM
Calguns Addict

The allure of inexpensive ammo is hard to resist, no doubt. This Jack Ross Ammo situation is simply yet more reinforcement of the need to promote rollin' our own. As shooters, we ought to do that more, I think.
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
----------------------------------------------------
To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.
Old 09-13-2012, 2:58 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy T View Post
The allure of inexpensive ammo is hard to resist, no doubt. This Jack Ross Ammo situation is simply yet more reinforcement of the need to promote rollin' our own. As shooters, we ought to do that more, I think.
True, and I'm highly tempted to get a casting set up. But we can't live our lives thinking that everyone is out to rip us off.

If JR had delivered as a normal business would, then there is no problem with buying cheap ammo.

It's really too bad, because I'd only heard good things about JR and they were STARTING to get a good rep ... then they threw it all away with bad business decisions and worse .... bad customer service.

People JUST WANT TO KNOW. That's enough to keep your customers, just be honest with them. Say "Look, we are having cash flow issues, PLEASE do not cancel with us, you WILL get your order" once the customers want back the money they spent, there is no way they can dig themselves up. If the order stays alive, that's cashflow.

Lying or hiding will only ensure that you cut off most of your future sales and all that expensive reloading equipment is worth nothing.
Old 09-13-2012, 3:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Waster View Post
But the thing is that if they took your money, and they get overwhelmed with orders, why can't they send you your money back?
Because they don’t want to give it back…. Just yet.

In their eyes, your money is an interest free loan.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:49 AM

I was at the pistol range at the gun store in Vacaville last week, they had 500 ct. boxes of Jack Ross 9mm for I think it was $119. I didn't buy any.
Old 10-08-2012, 3:16 PM

Anyone hear anything or have any contacts in Reno? Order for 1k of 9mm reloads still no word since April.
Old 10-25-2012, 7:53 AM

I ran a chargeback yesterday.

my first order was on my debit card so I may be SOL...
Old 10-25-2012, 8:14 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Waster View Post
True, and I'm highly tempted to get a casting set up. But we can't live our lives thinking that everyone is out to rip us off.

If JR had delivered as a normal business would, then there is no problem with buying cheap ammo.

It's really too bad, because I'd only heard good things about JR and they were STARTING to get a good rep ... then they threw it all away with bad business decisions and worse .... bad customer service.

People JUST WANT TO KNOW. That's enough to keep your customers, just be honest with them. Say "Look, we are having cash flow issues, PLEASE do not cancel with us, you WILL get your order" once the customers want back the money they spent, there is no way they can dig themselves up. If the order stays alive, that's cashflow.

Lying or hiding will only ensure that you cut off most of your future sales and all that expensive reloading equipment is worth nothing.
I agree with you, 100%. Not saying that we should assume everyone's a ripoff artist. It's simply a matter of self-sufficiency, and as the Great Ammo Rush of 2009 taught us, that's never a bad thing. You never know when ammo's going to get scarce, or high-priced, etc. Rollin' your own ensures you have a supply on-hand, whenever you need it.

This is especially true for people in States like California, where they already tried AB 962 once and will surely try it again.
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
----------------------------------------------------
To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowpoint67 View Post
Anyone hear anything or have any contacts in Reno? Order for 1k of 9mm reloads still no word since April.
They say they are back in business. Contact:

v_parker@jackrossammo.com
-
USN Gunner 1976-80
Nevada CWP
Utah CFP
Old 10-29-2012, 10:00 PM

No kidding? I saw a post a while back by a guy that worked there defending them....up until he got laid off. That was months ago on some other forum though, I think I saw the link on this thread?
Old 11-12-2012, 6:18 PM

So I forwarded a copy of my original order (March 31st 2012) and a polite message along to the e-mail address you provided... And got a response! Fingers crossed... maybe I'll have it in time for Christmas?

Hi Jake,
First let me start by apologizing for the huge delays you've experienced regarding the shipment of your order and the spotty customer service you've experienced in the meantime. With us reaching some stability again, we have begun to send cases out toward the backlog once more. We have the last 2 weeks left of the March orders before we can begin to work on the April ones. Given the date of your order I can say that you would be more toward the top of the list. It'll probably still be a couple months before it can ship due to the amount of people in front of you and how much we can send out per month. If you're interested, we're doing order conversion so if you shoot 45 ACP, I can convert your order over and it will ship much sooner. Let me know what you think.
Thanks,

Vincent Parker
COO and Vice President of Sales
Jack Ross Ammo