Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 10:13 PM

I live in Merced County, I want a CCW, who's boots do I need to start licking? It's getting to the point I don't want to get a flat tire in some parts of the county.
Old 04-22-2011, 9:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squibster View Post
I live in Merced County, I want a CCW, who's boots do I need to start licking? It's getting to the point I don't want to get a flat tire in some parts of the county.
No licking of LE boots required, said LE is going to be formally educated on what State Law is and how they can go about complying. Make sure you keep watching this thread, there should be some exciting news very soon
Old 04-22-2011, 7:25 PM

I'm interested in applying for my CCW permit in Merced as well. Has there been any feedback on what is required for a successful good cause statement? I've read that protection of self and family is not generally sufficient. Is that true?
Old 04-22-2011, 7:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
Merced has removed their illegal "moratorium", according to their county counsel's office. However, they have other unlawful policies which are still in place. We're working on those now.

You can and should attempt to apply, and document your experience as it helps to have as many potential plaintiffs with standing as possible.
Emphasis added above to answer question below. Also, unicityd, see the link in the first page of this thread for a layout of the application process. Accepted/known Good Cause statements have not been published by CalGuns Foundation(CGF) and I can't speak into whether or not CGF has received the PRAR information from the County, yet. It wasn't all that long ago that Pazin lifted the outright moratorium on even accepting applications for processing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicityd View Post
I'm interested in applying for my CCW permit in Merced as well. Has there been any feedback on what is required for a successful good cause statement? I've read that protection of self and family is not generally sufficient. Is that true?
Old 05-19-2011, 5:33 PM

Default We're Getting Closer

I am happy to see that the Sheriff only requires $10 to submit the CCW application. However, he still requires personal references and a physician's statement. Baby steps
Old 05-19-2011, 5:54 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicker0429 View Post
I am happy to see that the Sheriff only requires $10 to submit the CCW application. However, he still requires personal references and a physician's statement. Baby steps
Baby steps are going to get bigger shortly.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 05-20-2011, 8:03 AM

Quote:
Just to clarify, Sheriff Pazin still wants his $50 bucks for the initial filing fee if the applicant is approved; it's only $10 bucks if denied. But yeah, baby steps indeed...

From the Sheriff's web site:

CARRY CONCEALED WEAPON FEES
INITIAL FEE:
$10.00 APPLICATION PACKET. (NON-REFUNDABLE)
$40.00 BALANCE DUE IF PERMIT IS APPROVED
Old 05-20-2011, 12:54 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Looks like they are preparing for the rolling thunder...
Old 05-20-2011, 3:18 PM

I just picked up the app packet today, no charge. Next ccw class at gunrunners is 16th of June. Should I turn in packet or hold off a bit.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, August 19, 1785
Old 05-20-2011, 5:14 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Gator please scan to me and turn it in. Don't do the non-standard forms if you'd like to be part of the next steps. Email if any questions.
Old 05-21-2011, 3:58 PM

Quote:
Couldn't the physician's statement be attacked as religious discrimination (Christian Scientists)

Last edited by rivraton; 05-21-2011 at 4:00 PM..
Old 05-21-2011, 4:13 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivraton View Post
Couldn't the physician's statement be attacked as religious discrimination (Christian Scientists)
That's overcomplicating it:

Penal Code Sec. 12054(d): "Except as authorized pursuant to subdivisions (a), (b), and (c), no requirement, charge, assessment, fee, or condition that requires the payment of any additional funds by the applicant may be imposed by any licensing authority as a condition of the application for a license."

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 05-21-2011, 9:41 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Looks like they are preparing for the rolling thunder...

Please translate/explain.
Old 05-21-2011, 9:43 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Baby steps are going to get bigger shortly.
Let me guess when: ?
Old 05-22-2011, 4:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Let me guess when: ?
Realistically, I would call it 3. But yes, there's a firm objective and definite action coming.

Old 05-22-2011, 4:16 PM

good, can you now get a ccw from the s/o without getting rejected from the merced PD?

Last edited by mean72nova; 05-22-2011 at 4:17 PM.. Reason: whoops, spelling
Old 05-22-2011, 4:43 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mean72nova View Post
good, can you now get a ccw from the s/o without getting rejected from the merced PD?
You can apply directly to the Sheriff's Office.

Old 05-22-2011, 4:45 PM

thank you!
Old 05-22-2011, 6:59 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Realistically, I would call it 3. But yes, there's a firm objective and definite action coming.
For just Merced?
Old 05-22-2011, 7:03 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
For just Merced?
Who said that?

Old 05-22-2011, 7:58 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Who said that?
Old 05-23-2011, 5:54 AM

A friend of mine got his CCW permit last week from Pazin. He did not have his letters from the doctors in his origional application. They told him to bring them in with him after he qualified at the range, on the same day that he actually picked up his lic. My wife on he other hand had her application sent back and was told to re-apply after she completed the application, ie: had her doctors letters.

www.kentsandhagen.mygofoods.com

Cowboy Fast Draw World Championships
alias, "The Undertaker"
Fastest Shot 2009 .356
Old 05-23-2011, 10:39 AM

Default 14th Amendment, We Don't Need No Stinkin' 14th Amendment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keneva View Post
A friend of mine got his CCW permit last week from Pazin. He did not have his letters from the doctors in his origional application. They told him to bring them in with him after he qualified at the range, on the same day that he actually picked up his lic. My wife on he other hand had her application sent back and was told to re-apply after she completed the application, ie: had her doctors letters.
Pazin is exercising "discretion" when accepting applications.
Old 05-23-2011, 2:47 PM

I have a question, maybe it's been asked elsewhere but I didn't see it.

I am moving to Merced to go to college there. Can I apply for my ccw there? Or are there restrictions like I have to have lived there for a year first?

thanks
Old 05-23-2011, 4:46 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Seahorse View Post
I have a question, maybe it's been asked elsewhere but I didn't see it.

I am moving to Merced to go to college there. Can I apply for my ccw there? Or are there restrictions like I have to have lived there for a year first?

thanks
When you move there feel free to apply.

Old 05-24-2011, 1:56 PM

Only item I need to complete is Drs. Note. Appt with dr. Is next week.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Old 05-24-2011, 6:50 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Gator, please pm me your contact info ASAP.
Old 05-25-2011, 8:25 AM

PM'd

Old 05-27-2011, 11:19 PM

This is exciting, and I've never even really been to Merced county.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:45 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I'm going to make this as ambiguously clear as possible:

If you are a resident of Merced County, over the age of 21, free of criminal history, and have not yet applied - DO IT NOW. THE CLOCK IS TICKING.

Please email me at bcombs at calgunsfoundation.org for further information and instruction or if you have any questions.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:51 PM

I really wish I could afford the $150+ in fees for this right now. If you need help in other areas please let me know and I will see if I can help in other ways.
Old 05-30-2011, 2:36 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham7897 View Post
I really wish I could afford the $150+ in fees for this right now. If you need help in other areas please let me know and I will see if I can help in other ways.
We do need help in other areas, but remember that the application is only $20 to begin. The $95 DOJ and fingerprint rolling fees, as well and balance of local fees, come later. Your total exposure right now is $20.

-Brandon

Old 06-07-2011, 3:43 PM

Am ready to turn in application.

Old 06-07-2011, 3:59 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Ray View Post
Am ready to turn in application.
Did you follow the instructions provided in our latest email? If not, PM me your email address ASAP.

-Brandon

Old 06-25-2011, 11:00 AM

Talking How to Cope With the Delays

Take then
Old 06-25-2011, 8:59 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Anyone denied in the past 18 months needs to PM or email me their contact info ****ASA
P****.
Old 07-14-2011, 6:59 AM

Quote:
I'm going to make this as ambiguously clear as possible:

If you are a resident of Merced County, over the age of 21, free of criminal history, and have not yet applied - DO IT NOW. THE CLOCK IS TICKING.

Please email me at bcombs at calgunsfoundation.org for further information and instruction or if you have any questions.
Email sent.

I am ready to apply, but have questions on order of things.

Thanks!
Old 07-23-2011, 6:29 PM

Default order of applying

right now, pick up an application

fill it all out and provide all necessary information

call sherriff's office and set up an appointment to turn in the application.

bring a check book with you to cover the initial application fee

Old 07-26-2011, 8:48 PM

Excuse my ignorance I am new to this site. I also, live in Merced County and would like to apply for the CCW, but on the request for a doctors note I just changed jobs and my insurance coverage is with Kaiser and my family doctor of many years no longer is under my covered plan which was HMO. This S****.
Old 07-26-2011, 9:06 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniform_00 View Post
Excuse my ignorance I am new to this site. I also, live in Merced County and would like to apply for the CCW, but on the request for a doctors note I just changed jobs and my insurance coverage is with Kaiser and my family doctor of many years no longer is under my covered plan which was HMO. This S****.
Stay tuned and be sure to check the 2A forum tomorrow.

Closed Thread