Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Diego Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2013, 6:57 PM

Ditto
Old 06-27-2013, 7:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenosAce View Post
It was great meeting you too knockout. Last meet a guy and I got stuck on the wrong side of the wall if you as well. It happens unfortunately. Just gotta see what everyone brought and try to blend in with them.

On another note. I WAS FINALLY NOT THE YOUNGEST ONE THERE! Thanks to the other youngsters who came. Finally did not feel like the odd person out by being under drinking age (or pistol purchasing for the non drinkers).
Yea I can imagine it does happen with that much people. Pretty bummed I wasn't with you all on the other side... there's always next time. And by that time you should be good to go brother so we can shoot together. Hey, on another note (copying your style lol), only 1 year left right? That's awesome... drinks on Hoss lol... I'm good for a round too
Old 06-27-2013, 8:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynknockout View Post
Yea I can imagine it does happen with that much people. Pretty bummed I wasn't with you all on the other side... there's always next time. And by that time you should be good to go brother so we can shoot together. Hey, on another note (copying your style lol), only 1 year left right? That's awesome... drinks on Hoss lol... I'm good for a round too
More like 2 months thank the Lord. But when I get the a-o-k from the doc, one of my first stops is the range then the lake. I will extend an invite to you and all on here for the range. I personally can not wait to get back behind the gun till the next meet.

"Yo buddy, you still alive?" -Larry "Pixy" Foulke

Quote:
Originally Posted by FremontJames View Post
XenosAce, San Diego's finest drunk wrasslin' tranny 'snatchin security guard.
Old 06-27-2013, 8:29 PM

Quote:
More like 2 months thank the Lord. But when I get the a-o-k from the doc, one of my first stops is the range then the lake. I will extend an invite to you and all on here for the range. I personally can not wait to get back behind the gun till the next meet.
No invite for the skinny dip in the lake haha? Do you want to meet up next Thursday night at Iron Sights? Todd said they have "steel fun shoots"... I bet that would be a blast- pun intended.
Old 06-27-2013, 8:47 PM

No steel shoot on the 4th. But will resume again on the 11th
Old 06-27-2013, 11:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
No invite for the skinny dip in the lake haha? Do you want to meet up next Thursday night at Iron Sights? Todd said they have "steel fun shoots"... I bet that would be a blast- pun intended.
The first trip is to help me clear my head. Second time out to the lake will be more for actually trying to be an angler and not trying to find serenity.

But I have been thinking about those steel shoots. Only thing is the one pistol I could use for it only has two mags. And I was told you should have at least three for comfort. But I would give it try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglemonkee View Post
No steel shoot on the 4th. But will resume again on the 11th
Not fair!

Quote:
Old 06-28-2013, 6:29 AM

Quote:
The first trip is to help me clear my head. Second time out to the lake will be more for actually trying to be an angler and not trying to find serenity.

But I have been thinking about those steel shoots. Only thing is the one pistol I could use for it only has two mags. And I was told you should have at least three for comfort. But I would give it try.

Not fair!
What kind of gun is it? It is 3 strings of 6 and most people have extra mags and iron sights will loan one if you leave an if as collateral.
Old 06-28-2013, 8:29 AM
CGSSA Associate

Or have someone load a mag after your first string
Old 06-28-2013, 12:04 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
What kind of gun is it? It is 3 strings of 6 and most people have extra mags and iron sights will loan one if you leave an if as collateral.
I have a Smith and Wesson model SW9F at my disposal. But only have 2 10 round mags. Doesn't your first mag have to be loaded with 6 rounds only?

Quote:
Old 06-28-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
I have a Smith and Wesson model SW9F at my disposal. But only have 2 10 round mags. Doesn't your first mag have to be loaded with 6 rounds only?
They should have one or those mags. If not someone can just load while you shoot the second 6. It is 6 x3
Old 06-28-2013, 1:05 PM
CGSSA Associate

Yeah, stop making things difficult XA. Just go and have fun!
Old 06-28-2013, 3:05 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
They should have one or those mags. If not someone can just load while you shoot the second 6. It is 6 x3
Well I will go once and see what I can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss_hk View Post
Yeah, stop making things difficult XA. Just go and have fun!
And I am sorry. It is not fun for me being a little behind the rest equipment wise. But challenge accepted

Quote:
Old 06-28-2013, 3:48 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
It is not fun for me being a little behind the rest equipment wise.
There will always be something else to get or modify- just have to work with what you can afford right now. Think of it this way, you are ahead of all the people that don't own something to compete with!
Old 06-28-2013, 4:24 PM
Veteran Member

Well I would only run a stock pistol. I just want an extra mag. No need for all the upgrades because I like roughing up my guns And in SHTF situation, how likely will you find a modded gun to improve performance just laying around? So practicality training or me is fun. I just wish a mag for an older model S&W didn't cost over $70.

Quote:
Old 06-28-2013, 9:18 PM

Quote:
Well I would only run a stock pistol. I just want an extra mag. No need for all the upgrades because I like roughing up my guns And in SHTF situation, how likely will you find a modded gun to improve performance just laying around? So practicality training or me is fun. I just wish a mag for an older model S&W didn't cost over $70.
CRAP... I have a S&W 410S .40... I only have 2 mags as well and $70 is way out of my league right now (damn slab leak).
Old 06-28-2013, 9:38 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
That's how it starts out- "stock." They you start thinking trigger job, sights, magwell, grips... you'll see. I hear you about mag costs. HK USP45 mags have been $60 for the last 14 years.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
CRAP... I have a S&W 410S .40... I only have 2 mags as well and $70 is way out of my league right now (damn slab leak).
Tell me about it! College student here that doesn't actually have a career. Money is tight. Slab leak? Not familiar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss_hk View Post
That's how it starts out- "stock." They you start thinking trigger job, sights, magwell, grips... you'll see. I hear you about mag costs. HK USP45 mags have been $60 for the last 14 years.
That is what they say and I understand it. But All the upgrade money will go to another gun instead. I would rather be very proficient with multiple guns instead of just one. Versatility baby. My theory is try to get good with all guns so you can not be surprised if you get into a situation of some sorts.

Tough break on those mags though. I find guns to be like cars though. The top of the line models end up costing more for parts. It just sucks that I have a toyata but have to pay mercedes prices for a new radiator or brakes.

Quote:
Old 06-29-2013, 10:58 AM
CGSSA Associate

That's the beauty of the aftermarket. After having my stock radiator (and the following 2 replacements) crack and fail, I bought a Mishimoto that was thicker, all aluminum (no plastic end caps), more efficient and has a lifetime warranty for the same price. Don't always have to pay mercedes prices unless you drive one.

Versatility is one thing. Competition is another. Technique helps you to be versatile with multiple firearms. Upgrades/customization may help you be more competitive by making the particular firearm more adapted to your hand/eyesight, or more reliable. Not talking purely cosmetic upgrades.
Old 06-29-2013, 3:04 PM
Veteran Member

Eh I will keep the competition upgrades for the guys who have the money to actually to do it.

Now my truck actually needs a new radiator and timing belt. So that is where my money is going to and my own 21st bday present. A pistol And a trip to the bar.

Quote:
Old 06-30-2013, 6:27 AM

Quote:
Tell me about it! College student here that doesn't actually have a career. Money is tight. Slab leak? Not familiar.

That is what they say and I understand it. But All the upgrade money will go to another gun instead. I would rather be very proficient with multiple guns instead of just one. Versatility baby. My theory is try to get good with all guns so you can not be surprised if you get into a situation of some sorts.

Tough break on those mags though. I find guns to be like cars though. The top of the line models end up costing more for parts. It just sucks that I have a toyata but have to pay mercedes prices for a new radiator or brakes.
I hear the career part Xeno... hang in there, stay persistant, and have a plan- you keep the above stated in perspective and I promise you it will come together, even in this jacked up economy. Slab leak is when your pipes in your concrete foundation start leaking. I woke up and went to brush my teeth 5am and realized I was standing in warm water so I'm going through the repairs now (ouch )

I agree with you too on purchasing weapons instead of Mods too. I went to buy some mods for my AR but then said, "I can use a XD instead". With all the literature that Hoss had at that meeting that just makes me want to get the firearms I'm interested in now before any other jacked up laws get passed restricting my weapons purchase later ie; fixed magazines. I can always get mods later (hopefully they don't mess with that stuff too).
Old 07-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Veteran Member

Holy shenanigans! Where did the 4th page go? Means I have to repost.

Quote:
I hear the career part Xeno... hang in there, stay persistant, and have a plan- you keep the above stated in perspective and I promise you it will come together, even in this jacked up economy. Slab leak is when your pipes in your concrete foundation start leaking. I woke up and went to brush my teeth 5am and realized I was standing in warm water so I'm going through the repairs now (ouch )

I agree with you too on purchasing weapons instead of Mods too. I went to buy some mods for my AR but then said, "I can use a XD instead". With all the literature that Hoss had at that meeting that just makes me want to get the firearms I'm interested in now before any other jacked up laws get passed restricting my weapons purchase later ie; fixed magazines. I can always get mods later (hopefully they don't mess with that stuff too).
Thank you bkyln for the kind words of encouragement. And thanks also for explaining what a slab leak is, and sorry to hear that is going on. Sounds expensive and tough to fix.

But yeah, I would rather purchase another gun than mods, especially when they are trying to get rid of our guns. Way I see it though is like this: "Mo' guns, Mo' fun. No guns, No fun."

Quote: