Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Private Non-Firearms Related Sales
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Private Non-Firearms Related Sales For the non-commercial sales of non-firearms related items. Read the rules before posting.

Old 08-10-2017, 7:25 PM

Default WTS: used books/magazines: CA, outdoor adventure,, gun, DIY

WTS: used books and magazines on various topics related to CA, outdoor adventures, guns and shooting, misc. DIY topics. Will ship to any CONUS ZIP code.

PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING except the vintage bound "Shooting Times."

I take cash, personal checks, and all MOs. I don't do PayPal, credit cards, or payment devices like Apple Pay.

TAKE $1 OFF EACH BOOK or MAGAZINE BUNDLE YOU ORDER AFTER THE FIRST ONE (I save a bit of postage on multiple orders).

How to order: PUT AN "I'LL TAKE BOOK(S) #_____" ON THIS THREAD AS A "REPLY". I'll acknowledge your order in a reply, mark the items SPF on the ad, and PM you my "legal" (first) name and address for payment. I ship the first mail day after I get payment.

CA-related history topics

1) SPF "The History of the Donner Party: a Tragedy of the Sierra" by C.F. McGlashan.

2) SPF "Donner Pass" by George R. Stewart.

3) SPF "California for Settlers and Travelers" by Charles Nordhoff

4) "The Great Earthquake and Fire: San Francisco, 1906" by John Castillo Kennedy. Classic 1963 acount of the disaster by a prominent CA historian: the first well-researched and written account of the natural and civil effects.
HB 280 pp. exc. cond. w/worn dust jacket illus w/many maps, b/w repros of contemporary journalism and documents, bibliography $6

5) SPF "Anybody's Gold: The Story of California's Mining Towns" by Joseph Henry Jackson.

6) "Glory Days of Baja: Mosquitos, Coyotes, Cactus, Mud...and Great Bird Shooting!" by Larry Stanton. Memoir of an MD's over 300 trips to Baja California starting in 1969, mainly for waterfowl and upland bird hunting. Gritty DIY hunting and a real look at Mexico as it was (and still mainly is). Fun stuff: we've all "been there," just not THERE! HB 182 pp. exc/new cond. illus w/b/w photos, Spanish glossary. Signed to and inscribed to a friend and patient by Dr. Stanton. $6

"Outdoor adventures"

7) SPF "The Long Walk" by Slavomir Rawicz.

8) SPF "The Lost City of 'Z': A Tale of Deadly Obsession in the Amazon" by David Gramm.

9) SPF "Lost in the Jungle: A Harrowing True Story of Survival" by Yossi Ginsburg.

10) SPF "I, the Aborigine" by Douglas Lockwood.

11) "Tracks: A Woman's Solo Trek Across 1700 Miles of Australian Outback" by Robyn Davidson. "Alone" across the Gibson and Great Victorian deserts in central OZ. "Alone" except for four camels, a dog, horny Ozzies, Abos, venomous snakes, and other assorted "fellow travelers." Quality PB 276 pp. w/map. $5

Misc. DIY

12) "The SAS Survival Handbook: How to Survive in the Wild in Any Climate, on Land or at Sea" by John "Lofty" Wiseman. 26-year vet of British Special Forces' Special Air Service Regiment based this how-to mauual on SAS training. Really comprehensive, from improvised solar stills to make drinking water from sea water (or urine) to common edible wild foods, all kinds of shelters, hunting weapons and traps, etc. Quality PB 576 pp. illus w/MANY diagrams, drawings, full-color plates and photos. $7

13) "Let it Rot: The Gardener's Guide to Composting, 3rd . Ed" by Stu Campbell. Complete, clear guide to improving your soil by making plant food from plant waste. Very readable, no mystic spells! Shows all the major composting setups including pit and trench composting. How to analyze and apply compost. Quality PB (U.C. Press) 157 pp. new cond. illus w/many drawings, diagrams, and chartss. $6

14) "Grilling: Where There's Smoke, There's Flavor" by Eric Treville and Birgit Erath. Comprehensive photo "how-to" for grillers: fire, foods, spices, meats, seafoods, veges, sauces, flavored butters (!). A grad course for the patio. Beautiful Brit D-K publication w/color illustrations. HB 168 pp 9x11" format full of full-color photos of step-by -step recipes. $7

15) "Great Paper Airplanes: Fabulous Planes to Fold and Fly" Begins with the theory of planes, paper and otherwise, then goes right into the planes you will make: "Darts," "Stealth," "Gliders," "Flying Wings," " Deltas," Canard Flyers," and so on. 26 designs in all. Step-by-step folding instructions with one diagram per fold--foolproof assembly lines! Paper specs for your planes. HB 84 pp. 8x8" format new cond. illus w/many drawings and diagrams $6

New Gun magazines (I'll ship these two sets (#s 16 and 17) together for $20 total).

16) Three new "Handloader" magazines, Wolfe Publications' great specialized mag for those of us who "roll our own." The latest 3 issuues: April, June, and August 2017. Powder and bullet tests on paper and in the field, tricks and tips for current, new, and vintage cartridges. All three shipped to any CONUS Zip Code for $12 (these go for $8 each plus shipping from the publisher unless you have a subscription). Read once, by me.

17) Four new "Rifle" magazines: the gun test, history, and hunting companion to "Handloader." March, May, July, and Sept. of 2017. Shooting all kinds of rifle and handguns from .25-35 WCF and 9x57mm Mauser to .33 Nosler and 6.5 Creedmore, plus wildcats. Lots of info on optics, "light gunsmithing" projects ARs and accessories. All four shipped for $15.

Old Gun Magazines

18) 5 years of "Shooting Times" (1971-75) in official "Shooting Times" ring binders. Magazines are used but in exc. reading condition with no missing pages or cutouts, intact covers--binders are scuffed but solid. These have regular articles by classic gun writers like Elmer Keith, "Skeeter" Skelton, Col. Charles Askins, Lucian Cary, Frank de Haas, and others of that vintage. $25 for all 60 magazines cash and carry in OC?long Beach areas. $35 shipped to all CONUS Zips.

Thanks for reading my long post! Ask me any questions by PM only please. I check them a couple of times a day when I have an ad running.

Mike Armstrong

Last edited by Mike Armstrong; 08-18-2017 at 6:46 AM.. Reason: mark sold items
Old 08-11-2017, 3:19 PM

BTT
Old 08-12-2017, 8:19 AM

Saturday bump
Old 08-13-2017, 6:59 AM

Sunday bump
Old 08-15-2017, 6:43 AM

Tuesday bump
Old 08-15-2017, 8:33 PM

Books #s 1,2,3,5,7, 8,9,and 10 SPF to DenverDuck. Thanks for buying! PM on the way to you.

Mike Armstrong
Old 08-17-2017, 6:41 AM

Make me an offer on the classic "Shooting Times" bound copies! LOTS of info and excellent writing in those!
Old 08-18-2017, 6:47 AM

I'll ship the bound "Shooting Times" copies to any CONUS Zip code for $35 total.
Old 08-19-2017, 6:59 AM

Sunday bump
Old 08-20-2017, 6:59 PM

All the gun magazines, new and old shipped to any CONUS ZIP code for $45. Last call!